IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbubbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from FlashDaddy:

Goonies definitely has a larger following today than ET.

Goonies... hell yeah. If done right would be an instant pre-order.

I'd really like to see a new Jurassic Park/World though. My fear is that the wrong company has the license. JJP would do it more justice with the widebody and greater attention to detail I think. Either way, It would go perfectly next to my life size Jurassic Park display!

30592 (resized).jpeg30592 (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Breaking Bad pin would be great.

Great idea... Seriously. A mix of drugs, guns, science class and fried chicken toys could be epic.

3 months later
#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Guess the crew over here isn’t concerned with playfield quality. Theme is coveted above all else in this thread. Theme shouldn’t be the only consideration.
Let’s say your dream theme is Elvira and you were ready to purchase EHOH. But you don’t like callouts, or lack of toys or premium being lowest level offered, or you don’t like how the assets were used or there are serious quality concerns. Many things can be a deal killer and prevent you from buying your favorite theme.
For me Harry Potter would be my preferred game. Wide body with Eric @ JJP designing it and lots of mechanical toys. What would really happen is it would go to Stern. They’d do a quick STh treatment on it and only offer premium and LE and SLE, no pro. No toys, bare code when released, shitty photoshop art. Would I buy that turd ... no way. So my dream theme would come and go and the fact it was my dream theme had little effect on my purchase.
Bottom line it makes no sense to get excited about a title until you see it, hear it, watch it and play it. Then go f’ing crazy.

This is really well said. I was bummed that Stern was doing a Jurassic Park. I really wanted the JJP PoTC treatment for that theme. Then I played JP2 from Stern, was blown away by it, and then sprung not only for the game but the Pinball Refinery treatment for it. Having said that, for my dream theme games, I would always lean towards JJP as a general rule. I also noticed someone mentioned Hobbit not being a great layout or something above... I would be curious to know how much time you've put in that machine. Because in a home setting, once you know the rules, there is almost no game I would rather play. The immersion and flow of the game feels near perfect as you progress through it.

1 year later
#15478 3 years ago

I got an AIQ Premium delivered the same day as a GnR CE. Can't stop playing AIQ, I love the flow of that pin. GnR is gorgeous, almost too pretty to play.

Regarding Elwin game rankings

1. (Own) AIQ Premium/LE - smooth as butter and plain fun
2. (Own) JP Premium - would be #1 with ZY Art and a little more forgiving shots.
3. IM - I've tried liking this game many times because I want to add it to the collection. Everytime I play it I'm bored.

#15483 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ve read people hating music/theme but that’s the first for being bored. Lol

Maybe I need to play it in a home setting one day...post COVID. When I've played it, I look at the playfield and see nothing that says "shoot that cool shot/mech/ramp, etc". I just see a generally flat playfield and hear some generic rock music. Love the art though and think the outside of the machine looks great. AIQ Prem ramps look like a roller coaster and JP Premium is loaded with cool shots and mechs. Just my thoughts, obviously many will disagree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbubbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=mrbubbles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.