Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,175 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 2 years ago

Please don't tell me DP Premium is pushed to August! I ordered mine back in July and sold my pro shortly after. The distro said December build and Feb delivery (Australia). If Stern have now pushed build dates from Dec 21 to Aug 22 I'm actually going to be pretty p*ssed about that. I'd consider cancelling but I really want my DP back.

1 week later
    #169 2 years ago

I did contact my distro here in Sydney about Deadpool premium, but they are yet to hear about any delays from Stern. I know the bad news is coming though.

I'm sorry, but for anyone ordering a machine for a December 2021 build date (so would have already ordered months in advance), only for it to be pushed to August 2022... that is just not acceptable. Parts shortages yes of course we understand, but that sort of delay cannot be justified by it.

As a further kick to the nuts, there will be another new release (we've already had 2 in between our DP orders) before our machines get built. I don't see in any way how this is good practice for your existing customers. Clearly there are just too many orders being taken that can't be fulfilled in a reasonable time frame - and its inevitably going to lead to a lot of dissatisfaction.

I love my Stern machines, really, I absolutely love them. But this situation is starting to sour my view... I still have my DP order and I won't cancel it - the fact is, I sold my pro to upgrade to a premium because I thought it was such a great game. But, I'm gearing up to hear the bad news RE the delay, and i'm seriously thinking twice about ordering another new Stern from now on. Plus, I've just bought 2 Spooky pins... Make what you will of that - I didn't do it as an act of rebellion against Stern, that would be stupid. However, I am thinking, maybe it says something.

1 month later
    #557 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I hope some of these DP premiums make it to Australia. We have had our name down for one since last March.

Would be nice to have some sort (or any sort) of indication wouldn't it? I don't think much communication is getting through to the distributors here.

1 month later
    #1112 2 years ago

I think most of us resigned to just waiting it out a long time ago, there have obviously been problems, and the days of paying for a machine and getting it within days/weeks are clearly over. I just hope that:

1) They are able to honour all these (very) long standing orders
    2) They do not push another price hike on these preorders

... because there will be either very disappointed folk who have been waiting a year, only to be told they won' t get their machine, or some pretty peeved customers who have perhaps unnecessarily taken 2 price increases.

Scenario 1 for me will be pretty infuriating because I could have purchased another (maybe different) used machine months ago and could have been enjoying it now, but I've just kept holding out for my new DP Premium. Plus, yes I know broken record and all, but I sold my pro under the impression I would be waiting a few months max for the premium and well - here we are. I freaking miss my DP.

#1238 2 years ago

Just got word from my (awesome) distro here in Sydney that my DP premium is being loaded into a container and will be here mid-May or thereabouts.

Doesn't seem to tally with any schedule I've seen, but damn I ain't complaining!

#1272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Mando done, Interesting, wonder why? Poor seller, licensing, parts? I have a pro and like it a lot, kicks my ass.

I think he just means current orders are done for now and something else is on the production line. You can't say anything for certain regarding Stern's manufacturing, but Mando is still pretty recent, so there's bound to be further runs of it.

2 weeks later
    #1741 2 years ago

I'm a bit short of time so haven't read the thread recently, but my DP premium is apparently on the way now and should be here in Australia mid-May. It seems pretty significant to me that i'm paying around (maybe just under) 15k (aud) for a brand new DP premium with shaker, art blades, side armour and invisiglass, when second hand DP pros with less extras are listed here for 16k or thereabouts, and I honestly feel like I am getting this brand new machine for an absolute steal.

What a truly bizarre market this is right now.

#1744 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

DP pro's are not going for 16K

Maybe not there, but they are here mate (said in best Aussie accent).

It's far better value to buy NIB Stern machines than used ones here at the moment (in most cases, not all). You basically pay a huuuuge premium to avoid the wait on a new machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.