Topic Stats

• 567 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will there be another TRON 'version' made by Stern in the next year or two? Please select the one most likely to occur.”

• No more TRON pins will be made. 25 votes
    17%
  • More TRON PROs will be made. 7 votes
    5%
  • A TRON PRO LED will be made 16 votes
    11%
  • A TRON Vault Edition will be made. 58 votes
    41%
  • A TRON Premium will be made. 31 votes
    22%
  • A new TRON LE version/anniversay will be made. 6 votes
    4%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-555.jpg
beat_dead_horse.jpg
image-627.jpg
Peace.jpg
image-946.jpg
tron le owner.jpg
Photo Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpg
abinormal.jpeg
facebook.jpg
DSCN3006.JPG
image-951.jpg
whiny-795.jpg
WWFP.jpg
noid-light.jpg
WP_20140906_001.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 9 years ago

Stern will run more Tron pro's eventually. No question about that in my view, Tron is one of the best three games Stern has ever made. Stern will not run more Tron LE's. No question about that in my view.

The question turns on whether Stern will run an improved version of Tron Pro (like they did with IM by LED'ing it and lighting the Monger toy) with the lit ramps: because, let's be serious, the lit ramps are the big attraction for a Tron LE . . . it isn't the Daft Punk multiball, drop targets, or chrome that doubled the price on the game.

When analyzing this one must take into account that Eli's ramp mod is awesome. Stern knows about Eli's ramp mod.

Will Stern allow this ramp mod to take the money off the table that they feel they should make? I do not know the answer to this and none of us should speculate. Stern does view us all as crack addicts in my opinion (I said I would never buy NIB from Stern again on a new game due to their code crap, but now I'm in on TWD LE...waiting on more code punishment, I'm obviously an idiot but what the hell...). I am uncertain Stern is concerned about alienating the collectors, they may not feel it is not possible to alienate us yet since they view us as crack addicts.

Regardless, Tron is amazing and the LE is a special special game. It will not be hurt in value if an improved pro version is eventually released even with the lit ramps. Eli's mod did nothing to hurt the value of the LE, if Stern releases an improved Pro the value of the LE will remain unmolested.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron's license is expired. With all this speculation - keep in mind that Disney may not wish to renew product licenses for Tron Legacy, as it's an "obsolete" product license as far as their concerned.

Haha! You always bring up this argument. I respect your opinion but I think we all must agree that Disney has ZERO problem with licensing old movies. I just bought my niece a lady and the tramp theme'd bouncy ball . . . 40 year old license.

Disney is an IP licensing machine . . . they will license the cartoons from 80 years ago if you want images from them to put on a back pack.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

LOL. What I have learned, and I bet the poll turns out this way, is that 'who knows'

Who knows indeed.

The one facet of this I keep returning to is Stern lit the Monger's chest.

All the other improvements to the vault edition (high res cab decals, all LEDs, etc) can be explained away by the extremely vocal advocates like Rare Hero as merely being the current state of the art from stern. That does not apply to lighting the Monger's chest. That was Stern seeing a standard mod people were doing and implementing it on release as an upgrade.

While none of us know what stern will do or when I think it is a mistake to say they won't add factory installed mods for more buzz to improve vault edition games. They did it with the Monger's chest. While you can distinguish this by saying yea that was before the three tier release model or whatever...I'm not convinced that matters at all to stern or if it really matters.

Regardless of what happens. The value of Tron LEs will not be affected at all. If they would be affected then Eli's mod (which is superior in many ways) would have already affected it.

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A billion gazillion.
Probably about the same, honestly....mods don't seem to drive sale prices up that much, even if they were costly.

Mods are like a swimming pool for your house. May help you sell it but doesn't really add to value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-chances-of-a-tron-legacy-le-remake?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.