Topic Stats

• 567 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will there be another TRON 'version' made by Stern in the next year or two? Please select the one most likely to occur.”

• No more TRON pins will be made. 24 votes
    17%
  • More TRON PROs will be made. 7 votes
    5%
  • A TRON PRO LED will be made 16 votes
    11%
  • A TRON Vault Edition will be made. 58 votes
    41%
  • A TRON Premium will be made. 31 votes
    22%
  • A new TRON LE version/anniversay will be made. 6 votes
    4%

(142 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-555.jpg
beat_dead_horse.jpg
image-627.jpg
Peace.jpg
image-946.jpg
tron le owner.jpg
Photo Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpg
abinormal.jpeg
facebook.jpg
DSCN3006.JPG
image-951.jpg
whiny-795.jpg
WWFP.jpg
noid-light.jpg
WP_20140906_001.jpg
image.jpg

There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 5 years ago

With the release of IronMan Vault Edition it got me thinking if there was a chance that Stern would possible make 'more' TRON LE games? I would like to get an LE version, but the prices are getting steep and I can't buy for another year or two anyway - and at that time they may be even more.

What do you guys think of the possibility of Stern doing more TRON Legacy LE or even a Premium?

#3 5 years ago

Zero. Glad I pre ordered one.

#4 5 years ago

We just need RobT on board

That's it

#5 5 years ago

They'll just call it "Tron Ruby Red" and make it identical to the LE.

#6 5 years ago

None. A remake of the pro that can then be modded to be like an LE is probably the best that will happen.

#7 5 years ago

Never a remake of a production limited edition original, its what makes it special and you get the sheet of paper with the proclamation of it being special,even with its special number. Stern has even said so on their Facebook page.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

None. A remake of the pro that can then be modded to be like an LE is probably the best that will happen.

Yeah. I am thinking if they do it will be a Pro with LED lighting, but I think there are a few PRO NIB still floating around so I guess I should just get one of those and just mod it. I was hoping for the Daft Punk mode that the LEs provide...

#10 5 years ago

How many times must this be answered.... zero. Go buy a pro and mod it.

#11 5 years ago

Anything is possible when money is involved.

Gary said no Zombies ("Zombies???? Too gross!!"), we got TWD.

Gary said no Iron Man remake, we got more Iron man.

Hell, we even have MM coming down Gary's line - people said "never happen" for 15 years, lol.

#12 5 years ago

I dunno vid. This could destroy LE sales. Slippery slope. Actually it would be an avalanche.

It would be construed as a money grab without any thought or caring about the companies word or reputation going forward. Stern wouldn't do well at all with later sales; initial sales would be there, then poof.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Gary said no Iron Man remake, we got more Iron Man.
Hell, we even have MM coming down Gary's line - people said "never happen" for 15 years, lol.

This is true-you never know and money talks. From a business prospective I do not think Tron will be one of the next vault re-runs. They did a recent run of only 200 pros and it took 6 months to sell out and they are still available on the secondary market. Supply and demand will determine what the investors at Stern decide to do. I would think LOTR would be an ideal candidate for the next vault re-run. There seems to be a demand for 500 or so units.

#14 5 years ago

This poor dead horse is getting another beating

#15 5 years ago

It's not happening.......................They would consider remaking pro. Honestly after the new ramp light kit, I am surprised that the LE's have held their value as much as they have. I just don't see future Le's going up in value from hear on out.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno vid. This could destroy LE sales. Slippery slope.

It won't be a LE, it will be a Premium or maybe TRON3 (currently being made).

Quoted from underlord:

It would be construed as a money grab without any thought or caring about the companies word or reputation going forward.

JJP did the same thing with the Ruby WOZs, and I did not see everyone cancelling their orders for Hobbit, or even cancelling their LEs they have been waiting 3 years for.

Pinball hobbyists obviously will take any amount of abuse without uprising.

When in doubt:

Quoted from vid1900:

#17 5 years ago

Tron Premium would be a hot seller.

1,000 units at $7,000 would easily move.

Look at what the secondary market is commanding, $7k used for pro, $10k for LE.

I'm all for owning LE's…but even I have my price point.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Yeah. I am thinking if they do it will be a Pro with LED lighting, but I think there are a few PRO NIB still floating around so I guess I should just get one of those and just mod it. I was hoping for the Daft Punk mode that the LEs provide...

Yeah I'm a Daft Punk fan and would love to have that. Maybe a mod for the pro rom that includes it will be released eventually.

#19 5 years ago

i think a ve would be fine. Maybe add the daft punk mb but not the ramps. it isn't worth aggravating the guys that own LE's and it sets a horrible precedent.

#20 5 years ago

I think this is definitely a possibility. They'll just label it a premium. Why would stern care if they piss off owners of the game? From what I've seen on here, there's a lot of bark and no bite. Pinheads will continue to order games from Stern as long as they have money and space until there's another viable manufacturer churning out quality games at a decent pace.

There's signals that money is to be made when the LE's are going for super high prices. Stern doesn't care about maintaining aftermarket prices.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

How many times must this be answered.... zero. Go buy a pro and mod it.

Here here. Not another "will there be a Tron remake?" just get a pro (which are still readily available) and mod the freakin thing FFS

#22 5 years ago

a

Quoted from John1210:Here here. Not another "will there be a Tron remake?" just get a pro (which are still readily available) and mod the freakin thing FFS

at 6100 for a NIB pro, I just don't think this is a viable solution.

#23 5 years ago

I think another run of tron is likely. Another run of tron LE is unlikely. Stern would have to see that there would be future money lost by diminishing the limited value of what an LE is by simply making more. As an LE owner, the daft punk mb is not significant. You hardly ever see it. The added callouts are probably the best feature of the LE over the pro.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As an LE owner, the daft punk mb is not significant. You hardly ever see it.

I disagree with that.

Play better.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Play better.

Oh snap.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The added callouts are probably the best feature of the LE over the pro.

Really? Did not know this... what is added in the LE?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I was just going to say this. Spot on. If there is shitloads of money to be made, you can believe it will be made.

#28 5 years ago

Do the following steps and you will have an LE for significantly less than the going rate.

1. Print COA, which I am generously including on this post.
2. Apply reversed metallic sticker below 3D translite.
3. If no 3D translite is available, replace with two chicks translite. You'll prefer it anyways.
4. Apply silver ink to playfield around all inserts. I recommend the half off silver sharpie's at Hobby Lobby.
5. Put recognizer on a wooden stick stick with a spring attached to end for "moving effect."
6. Put incandescent bulbs in the GI.
7. Put LEDs in the inserts.
8. Add ELI kit to ramps.
9. Start saying things like "I called him CLU" at random times while playing for the extra callout effect.
10. Apply included starburst sticker to the translite for all the non-beliebers.

...I'll be back for the 5PM TRON LE announcement thread.

#29 5 years ago

I will wait and see, I am about 1 - 2 years out on getting TRON anyway. Thanks for everyone chiming in.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I will wait and see, I am about 1 - 2 years out on getting TRON anyway. Thanks for everyone chiming in.

you can plan that far out?

#31 5 years ago

Just plan for the Vault Edition. It will come in that 2 year time frame. A friend is doing the same. As soon as I told him about IMVE, he shifted his whole pin saving plan towards TronVE.

#32 5 years ago

If Stern have another Mustang, then the temptation to do a run of Tron premium may prove too much! I would say odds of it happening are about 10/1.

#33 5 years ago

I just dont see Stern making any vault editions of LE's. Too much fallout from current owners that could possibly jeopardize future sales.

#34 5 years ago

zero point zero

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Really? Did not know this... what is added in the LE?

Callouts for the TRON target awards.

#36 5 years ago

Really,

Imagine if artists decided that they would rerun their limited prints and years down the road your # 45 of 500 became # 45 of 1000. You don't think that would effect future sales? The artist might make money on the rerun but you can bet that anyone who bought the originals would likely never but anything else by the artist.

One of the things that allows Stern to have significantly higher profit margins on LEs is the exclusivity and limited availability. Yes, pins should be played and not bought for profit speculation but the reality is -that drives sales. Nobody would pre-order a Stern if it wasn't limited - why would you? The Pre- order model only works when things are limited and it drives up-front sales and reduces per unit costs.

Many if not most LE buyers will probably buy more than 1LE (not same game). So why would they piss of the high-end buyers - the guys (not me) with money to burn? This is why Stern cares what people who own the LEs think.

Not to say Stern would not come out with a VE version but you couldn't really do a premium edition because Tron LE doesn't have a lot of gameplay differences from the Pro (unlike ST, ACDC, Avatar, Avengers, Xmen).

My 2c.

#37 5 years ago

Not to be grim, but there's a good bit of satisfaction owning art pieces which are limited runs when the artist kills over. Prices can become rather nice.

#38 5 years ago

An LE remake? That sounds like an oxy moron to me.

#39 5 years ago

I hope they remake tron LE just so all the whiners whine and boycott stern, then turn right around and buy the next pin anyway

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It won't be a LE, it will be a Premium or maybe TRON3 (currently being made).

JJP did the same thing with the Ruby WOZs, and I did not see everyone cancelling their orders for Hobbit, or even cancelling their LEs they have been waiting 3 years for.
Pinball hobbyists obviously will take any amount of abuse without uprising.
When in doubt:

Ruby Reds aren't selling great, it did put Jack in a lot of hot water with collectors, but his saving grace, oddly enough, is that the Ruby Reds weren't his biggest problem. Getting ECLE's out the door was.

Did you just quite yourself? Is that like talking about yourself in the 3rd person? Lmao.

#41 5 years ago

If stern breaks their promise of no LE reruns, I'm not buying another LE ever*.

*after TWD. Or Jaws. Dammit or Iron Maiden. Sonofabitch.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

so your point is don't listen to Gary about jack

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why not? JJP and the boutiques did!! Ouch! He went there, but politely closed the door behind himself.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Chondro:

so your point is don't listen to Gary about jack

I heard Jack saying to Gary about Kevin and Skitb that VonnieD was seen at 31 flavors last night.

#45 5 years ago

I understand that the LE owners may get upset if there are more made - but the issue to me is that they simply didn't make enough LE models. Can't they just add a few more hundred to the pool - just kidding - unless their gonna do it!

One thing I find interesting about this thread - the responses are like - stop asking for more TRON LEs, they aren't going to do it - people keep asking and asking over and over and the answer is 'Zero' and 'Never'.

The thing that gets me is that if there are SO MANY threads asking about TRON LE remakes, runs, etc. isn't that a sign that there aren't enough for all the interested buyers? I guess I will have to drop 10K on a used LE, but can't I spend 8K on a NIB? Anyway, I just think it is interesting that this 'horse has been beat to death' topic has answer of 'no way'. It is like having a product that many people are asking for (in fact other people are getting tired of it being asked) and the answer is 'No'.

Do I think they will do another Non-Pro TRON - probably not, but here is to hoping. I know it is the LE that is problem, so how about a TRON VE that is LED, ramps, and Daft Punk multiball - and well, just don't call it an LE

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I hope they remake TRON LE just so all the whiners whine and boycott stern, then turn right around and buy the next pin anyway

And how would you feel if you had 9k,10k invested in one because you did not get in at 5500? Would you feel good? Would you want to support this company in the future if your limited edition was not so limited?

See I am in those shoes and yes I would be pissed. If that's what makes you happy in life, people in this hobby losing all value in their purchase then more power to you.

I would like stern to release Tron 2.0 code instead of a new machine with the new "you suck, you still will never reach portal newb mode".

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Would you want to support this company in the future if your limited edition was not so limited?

What are your thoughts on a TRON VE? Would that upset you? By the way, I do get your point about the LE...

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I heard Jack saying to Gary about Kevin and Skitb that VonnieD was seen at 31 flavors last night.

bahaha, you must had as much B&C as i've had tonight. i get mouthy when 'ive had alot B&C. no harm intended, just tying to be funny

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I understand that the LE owners may get upset if there are more made

Why would that be? I'm an LE owner and it wouldn't bother me a bit. It doesn't make much sense, but it wouldn't bother me.

You might consider those Tron Pro owners that spent lots of money trying to make their machine closer to an LE when you think about who might be upset.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, getting The Hobbit next year (maybe - I preordered so we will see how long it takes to get mine out the door). So that would put my next pin in 2016. I was planning onTRON LE as my next, but I am not doing 10+ K for that pin. Keeping an eye on TWD, but I think I would rather own a TRON LE - or just wuss out and get a TRON Pro (or just skip the pin all together)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside