Topic Stats

• 567 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will there be another TRON 'version' made by Stern in the next year or two? Please select the one most likely to occur.”

• No more TRON pins will be made. 25 votes
    17%
  • More TRON PROs will be made. 7 votes
    5%
  • A TRON PRO LED will be made 16 votes
    11%
  • A TRON Vault Edition will be made. 58 votes
    41%
  • A TRON Premium will be made. 31 votes
    22%
  • A new TRON LE version/anniversay will be made. 6 votes
    4%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-555.jpg
beat_dead_horse.jpg
image-627.jpg
Peace.jpg
image-946.jpg
tron le owner.jpg
Photo Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpg
abinormal.jpeg
facebook.jpg
DSCN3006.JPG
image-951.jpg
whiny-795.jpg
WWFP.jpg
noid-light.jpg
WP_20140906_001.jpg
image.jpg
There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really? Weren't they selling for $13k? I'll bet it takes awhile now for one to sell for 10. And that one will be modded, with blue DMD and other goodies. They've come down plenty. Still "rare", and still valued high, but lets not ignore reality Rob.

Unbelievable.

I can't stand when people talk out their butt, like you are doing here.

No. Tron LE was *never* a $13k pin. NEVER!

Your entire premise is completely and utterly wrong.

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm pretty sure, no actually positive since I have lived there, there is plenty of creepiness in Cali too! Not pinheads, other weirdos.

You are right! It can be a real freak show around here. When you combine idiots from the rest of the country and world in one place, what do you expect.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No. TRON LE was *never* a $13k pin. NEVER!

This is on Mr. Pinball Classified right now:

Tron Le, 2011 Stern: $15000 obro
Nib with just lid opened to make sure a tron le was in box. It has been taped shut.
Ant, Phone: (973) ###-#### (hid the phone number)
Morris County, New Jersey, Hour west of NYC

But most LE NIB or HUO are in the 10 - 12K range.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON LE, 2011 Stern: $15000 obro

So?!

If I put my Tron LE up for sale on Mr. Pinball for $20k, that means Tron LE is now a $20k pin?

#455 9 years ago

No, it would not. Best I can tell it is around 11K on average.

#456 9 years ago

Remember, low volume pins trade like penny stocks, where there is a sizable gap in the bid and ask.

Right now, as much as I am dying to have a Tron LE, I won't match the the asking price.

IMO, I don't feel it will hold $10k.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

To bring it back to TRON (for a sec). I really want to pull the trigger on a TRON LE but those prices are a bit more than I think the game is worth (for me). The PRO is still a good option, but to be honest I am hesitant to buy right now. After seeing IMVE, and the fact that the overwhelming opinion is that there will be another TRON released, makes me want to just give it some time to see what happens. So - I will stand by and hope I didn't make a mistake and not get a NIB when I had the chance.

Life's short. You dig Tron? Get a Tron. Go for a Pro if the LE price is too much. Let's say you wait a year...2 years...3 years...and there's no Tron VE? Those are Tronless years you can't get back. Or - if you have the patience - cool....track down some other fun games in the meantime and jam on those!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm right there with you.
I don't see TRON LE holding their extremely high prices that much longer, as more of them enter the market place.

You keep saying this, and you keep ignoring my question. There are only about 200 Tron LEs in the US. What would cause their owners to have a simultaneous mass sell off? What would cause them to lower their selling price from the current market value?

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Light runner - I have the toy I think you referring to on my lab desk

WP_20140906_001.jpg 149 KB

Funny, I've got a Recognizer lurking under my monitor at work.

Photo Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpgPhoto Sep 08, 12 26 07 PM.jpg

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You keep saying this, and you keep ignoring my question. There are only about 200 Tron LEs in the US. What would cause their owners to have a simultaneous mass sell off? What would cause them to lower their selling price from the current market value?

When none are being sold at the asking price, the asking price comes down.

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When none are being sold at the asking price, the asking price comes down.

OK. The thing is - most people with a Tron LE aren't desperate to move it. That's why the price stays high. It's the "OK, if you wanna pry it away from me" price.

Anyway, good luck - hope you get a Tron LE one day.

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK. The thing is - most people with a TRON LE aren't desperate to move it. That's why the price stays high. It's the "OK, if you wanna pry it away from me" price.
Anyway, good luck - hope you get a TRON LE one day.

I hope I find one too.

People have only so much room for games. Over time, they may not play them as much.

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable.
I can't stand when people talk out their butt, like you are doing here.
No. TRON LE was *never* a $13k pin. NEVER!
Your entire premise is completely and utterly wrong.

Really? Ok then, what's the highest they've gone? You're clearly the arbiter of everything right and true, so please define the top so we can all assess current market value.

Btw, you must have a self image problem if you can't stand people talking out of their butt. You do it all the time.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope I find one too.
People have only so much room for games. Over time, they may not play them as much.

Except Tron. Still play it almost every day. Everything can leave except Tron.

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Except Tron. Still play it almost every day. Everything can leave except Tron.

You're not like everyone else.

If everyone had my taste, Transformers would be the most loved pinball ever.

Did you see the Tron LE in Texas that just got listed yesterday? (not a loaded question, just wondering if you saw it)

#465 9 years ago

I can't believe this thread is 10 pages long

#466 9 years ago

boy, i really want to be an angry old man like the tron le owners...looks like fun

tron le owner.jpgtron le owner.jpg
#467 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I can't believe this thread is 10 pages long

I bet it goes for 20 LOL. If, and it may be a small to slim chance, there is TRON VE/LED PRO/Premium( ) this thread will be hotter than the 4th of July

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

boy, i really want to be an angry old man like the TRON LE owners...looks like fun

tron le owner.jpg 5 KB

Rare ain't even mad!
image-946.jpgimage-946.jpg

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

if you have the patience - cool....track down some other fun games in the meantime and jam on those!

I have the Hobbit coming (hopefully not too long a wait - perhaps by next fall?), so will play that while I wait it out on Stern. TWD is another pin I am thinking about. Not sure I will like it more than TRON, but it will give me time to see and play that one as well before getting a Stern for home. I am close to a TRON I can play often - so I get to play a fair amount already, but you can't beat having one downstairs

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You're not like everyone else.
If everyone had my taste, Transformers would be the most loved pinball ever.
Did you see the TRON LE in Texas that just got listed yesterday? (not a loaded question, just wondering if you saw it)

LOL...Transformers doesn't have the right to be in a discussion with Tron. Shame shame

What about the Tron LE listed in Texas? Yes, people sell games sometimes. LOL...there isn't going to be a mass flood of "cheap" Tron LEs. It will sell at that price.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rare ain't even mad!

Peace.jpgPeace.jpg

#471 9 years ago

How much should a Tron LE that hasn't been modded go for?

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How much should a TRON LE that hasn't been modded go for?

A billion gazillion.

Probably about the same, honestly....mods don't seem to drive sale prices up that much, even if they were costly.

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have the Hobbit coming (hopefully not too long a wait - perhaps by next fall?), so will play that while I wait it out on Stern. TWD is another pin I am thinking about. Not sure I will like it more than TRON, but it will give me time to see and play that one as well before getting a Stern for home. I am close to a TRON I can play often - so I get to play a fair amount already, but you can't beat having one downstairs

Argh, you're going to be gameless for a long time! Pick up a Congo for ~$2k or so. Its gameplay is kinda Tron-like. Great bang-for-the-buck pin!

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Argh, you're going to be gameless for a long time!

I hear ya...I am getting all itchy

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A billion gazillion.
Probably about the same, honestly....mods don't seem to drive sale prices up that much, even if they were costly.

Mods are like a swimming pool for your house. May help you sell it but doesn't really add to value.

#476 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Mods are like a swimming pool for your house. May help you sell it but doesn't really add to value.

I like my newer games to be original.

Older games, I'm open to modding, just because they were designed to be on route, not in a house.

As an example, the only "mods" I've done to my Transformers LE is 2 washers underneath Megatron, so the trough will work properly, all flashers are now LED, and the flasher in the cube I made blue.

My Star Trek LE has been untouched.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON LE, 2011 Stern: $15000 obro
Nib with just lid opened to make sure a TRON LE was in box. It has been taped shut.
Ant, Phone: (973) ###-#### (hid the phone number)
Morris County, New Jersey, Hour west of NYC
But most LE NIB or HUO are in the 10 - 12K range.

hey that is mine . any interest please pm. all i can say is tron le is best game ever and i have or had them all. jmho. my huo didn't sell since i never heard back after my travel so i decided to keep that one. note the obro. enjoy the discussion. where's keneda?

#478 9 years ago

I think I liked this thread better when we were bitching about Tits and Ass.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't know, Tron and IM seem to suggest otherwise. In their case I think mods have an impact. Otherwise, why pay more than $4,500 for a Tron Pro? Ever?

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

boy, i really want to be an angry old man like the TRON LE owners...looks like fun

tron le owner.jpg 5 KB

Lol!

#481 9 years ago

Cool - feel free to put then number in. I just didn't want to put the number in case you didn't want it listed here.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are right! It can be a real freak show around here. When you combine idiots from the rest of the country and world in one place, what do you expect.

Speaking of freak shows, just back from Vegas and it never disappoints!

#483 9 years ago

Tron Pro and Tron LE prices are frozen pending next VE reveal....

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Tron Pro and TRON LE prices are frozen pending next VE reveal....

Tron VE is a no-brainer; a near lock for the future. Like IM, Stern didn't make enough to meet demand, and the movies are still in sequel mode. Here's to hoping they do the 3D translite again.

I've always thought they were extremely short sighted to do the LE rather than a Premium... nothing like limiting your own revenue potential as a purposeful business strategy. Stern has been known to announce new editions after the original on multiple occasions, so I'm not one to rule out a Premium, but I agree the likelihood is super low. This thread is nothing more than 10 pages of wishful thinking.

#485 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So?!
If I put my TRON LE up for sale on Mr. Pinball for $20k, that means TRON LE is now a $20k pin?

Yeah, cuz I says, '20k for Tron LE.' 'member??

It was just a coupla posts ago.

#486 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Tron Pro and TRON LE prices are frozen pending next VE reveal....

SO SAYETH THE GODFATHER, SO LET IT BE SO!!

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...Transformers doesn't have the right to be in a discussion with Tron. Shame shame
What about the TRON LE listed in Texas? Yes, people sell games sometimes. LOL...there isn't going to be a mass flood of "cheap" Tron LEs. It will sell at that price.

Peace.jpg 28 KB

image-627.jpgimage-627.jpg

That's my TFLE next to my Tron LE. Nyah!

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Tron VE is a no-brainer; a near lock for the future.

Not necessarily.

Quoted from Baiter:

Like IM, Stern didn't make enough to meet demand,

Not true. They met demand by rerunning Tron in '12 and '13.

Quoted from Baiter:

and the movies are still in sequel mode.

Not necessarily. Sequel is in development, but may never actually get made. Disney has proven that they have little interest in nurturing Tron into a bigger property…they took down ElecTRONica at Disneyland & cancelled Tron Uprising before it had a chance to thrive. Movies die in development all the time.

Quoted from Baiter:

Here's to hoping they do the 3D translite again.

If they could have they would have…but they made the Clu and Girls translites instead.

Quoted from Baiter:

I've always thought they were extremely short sighted to do the LE rather than a Premium...

Concept of the Premium didn't exist yet. Also, Tron was not a huge mainstream property…they took a gamble by doing it at all. It has a strong geeky cult fanbase, but most people don't really care about the property. They weren't sure they'd sell many at all outside the Tron/arcade fanbase.

Quoted from Baiter:

nothing like limiting your own revenue potential as a purposeful business strategy.

No they didn't. They made and sold plenty of Pros. Plenty of revenue was made.

#489 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That's my TFLE next to my TRON LE. Nyah!

Sophie's Choice? ….you know TF would go lol

#490 9 years ago

It'll be fun to look back at this thread in a year to see who was right or wrong.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really? Ok then, what's the highest they've gone? You're clearly the arbiter of everything right and true, so please define the top so we can all assess current market value.
Btw, you must have a self image problem if you can't stand people talking out of their butt. You do it all the time.

Just admit that you pulled the claim of Tron LE previously having a market value of $13k out of your butt and we can call it a day.

#492 9 years ago

What I learned from this thread is Stern won't remake Tron LE, and Neo likes breasts.

Oh wait, we already knew both those things.

#493 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What I learned from this thread is Stern won't remake TRON LE, and Neo likes breasts.

Unfortunately, I learned a lot more about Neo than that in this thread.

#494 9 years ago

Not only is this thread still going strong, but it's the same exact shit ten pages later.

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What I learned from this thread is Stern won't remake TRON LE, and Neo likes breasts.
Oh wait, we already knew both those things.

actually i'm more of an ass man myself. But love tits...hell who am I kidding. I love women in general. I don't discriminate

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just admit that you pulled the claim of TRON LE previously having a market value of $13k out of your butt and we can call it a day.

I could care less how much fools actually pay for the games, but they've been listed often for $13k. Both HUO and NIB. You don't see that much any more though, do you? Because it's not even remotely plausible that someone would pay that much any more. But 18 months ago? Maybe. They were certainly on sale at that price.

This reminds me of when I was accurately pointing out that some people were buying IMs in the $4's when you and a few others insisted that you couldn't find them under $5K +. I said just because that's what everyone on Pinside wants them to be doesn't mean people aren't actually finding them and buying them for less. So, I guess what you're saying now is that during the heyday Tron LEs weren't ACTUALLY selling for $13k, that was just the for sale prices?

Does that mean they're really changing hands for about $9k now? Because they're listed at $11?

You may not know or care what they actually sell for because you already own one. And I don't care because I'll just buy the premium

But you will argue anything, that's for sure. And I'll probably be right there on the other side. Being right.

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Not only is this thread still going strong, but it's the same exact shit ten pages later.

It's like any other pinside debate. There are reasonable individuals with differing but valid opinions on either side. Plus there's TFA

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's like any other pinside debate. There are reasonable individuals with differing but valid opinions on either side. Plus there's TFA

That's right. Ya'll have your opinions. And I have the truth. Thanks for highlighting that bro.

#499 9 years ago

These dumb ass threads kind of prove there is some demand for a Tron remake.

If you had to pick three VEs that Stern had in mind, would it be:

Rolling Stones, Elvis, and NASCAR

Or

Spider-man, Tron, and LOTR?

The bar is what the distribuotors pay, not what the secondary market is paying for used machines.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Or Spider-Man, Tron, and LOTR?

Nice group

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-chances-of-a-tron-legacy-le-remake/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.