Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zaza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

hello. i'm new here and that's my first topic here. but that's not the first time i'm fixing pinballs. i have almost 50 machines but this problem crazy me....

my tz was working fine but after 1 year when no one played. i turn it on (battery replaced and outside from the cpu) so no problem because of that.
so im getting problem on row 6. all switches not working. with the test mode. i disconnect the connectors and i did jumper but still not working. i replace the u19 and u20 and u14 but still (i replace the u14 to 74hc374 not like the original 74ls374 but also with the original it was the same ) i test voltage on the connectors j208 and j206 (blue white wire pin 7) and i got 1.1v in pin 5 im getting 12v also on all other switches in other row im getting 12V dc but in row 6 im getting 1.1
im sure its not wiring problem and like i said i replace u19 u20 u14 maybe i replace the wrong ones? (u).
i also did a check for the cpu for continuity and it was good. also test resistors and zener.

in this row i have:
mini pf right. center tough. trough proximity. left outlane. mini playfield right. gumball exit. middle right 5 million. mini playfield exit. clock hour 2

im very sorry for my english but i will be happy to get any help. thanks a lot!

#2 7 years ago

Ok this might be a stretch but I had a a TZ once that had a break in a solder trace under the plug which made it impossible to see . I had to desolder the pins on the board to find it . I was getting a wonky continuity test from the pin to the corisponding resistor. I know it might be a stretch but what the hell

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Ok this might be a stretch but I had a a TZ once that had a break in a solder trace under the plug which made it impossible to see . I had to desolder the pins on the board to find it . I was getting a wonky continuity test from the pin to the corisponding resistor. I know it might be a stretch but what the hell

haha oh wow. but yes i did that and i test the continuity and it was good. i re solder almost all. and still getting 1.1V on this pin...

#4 7 years ago

Have a look at this animation (3rd picture in post #9) .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-89-cpu-board-info#post-3570794

It is for direct/dedicated switches but the same voltages can be found at the matrix-rows when connectors J208/209/212 are unplugged (and row 6 is put to GND).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-switch-row-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.