(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#637 6 years ago

Really nice list so far! TX-Sector, Embryon, The Shadow, Lebowski, BSD, Iron Maiden

Hope someone decides to bring a Taxi tho, wouldn't be a pinball show without one!

1 week later
    #684 5 years ago

Did you guys figure out the games are going to be raffled off?

I think last year you played a title guessing game on the thread leading up to the show, if I remember right.

#695 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

we never announce the raffle games so guess away

Well just sayin.....

Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH! I have news pinheads. I have the titles of the two games to be raffled off at the 2017 pin a go go pinball show.
    I will reveal them later this week.
    For now I'm going to let you have a little fun guessing.
    One is an alphanumeric game. it is a Williams game.
    the other is an em. the em is a western theme.

Quoted from mrgone:

Daley won with his guess of diner.
    And pinwiztom won with his guess of little chief.
    There you have it pinheads.
    The raffle games for the 2017 pin a go go are
    Williams diner and Williams little chief.
    Thank you to everyone for playing.
    The winners will each receive a 2017 pin a go go poster and I will be sending them out as soon as I receive them.

If you guys aren't announcing this year, that's cool. Just something else to look forward to

2 weeks later
    #956 5 years ago

Since beer wasn't sold at PAGG in Dixon, can anyone explain how alcohol sales will be handled at GSPF?

Just curious what beer vendors will be there, or if there are restrictions. Designated area? Drink anywhere?

A nice cold brew & pinball always go together

#1209 5 years ago

The new venue in Lodi was a huge success. Really impressed with the overall setup & all the events going on this year. Great job everyone Pretty bummed I did not run into the people I was looking for this year, but as usual, there was too much going on. Only thing I really missed from pinagogo was the darkened lighting in the main hall.

I was really surprised at all the new titles from Stern & JJP, along with those hard to find titles like Alien & TBL. Big thanks to whomever brought the Tron, BK2000, Fireball and BSD. Found myself playing them over & over all weekend long. Embryon, Centigrade 37, The Shadow, Firepower, Paragon....I could go on & on. Best selection of titles ever.

Special thanks to both the Reno guys for bringing the TMNT, Robocop & TX-Sector! Always wanted to play a TXS, and I was not disappointed. TheDrewster did a great job restoring those DE titles, both looked gorgeous & were a blast to play. Hope to see you guys in our Reno league next season!

#1304 5 years ago

How did the pinball raffle work out? I would have chosen that Sorcerer in a heartbeat!

I know you guys have stated before that raffling a NIB game is a big headache (due to CA tax/prize laws), but with all those people attending, think you'd make an absolute killing on ticket sales if you ever decided to do it (selling those tixs at a premium price). I'm not sure if Stern/JJP brought & opened all those NIB pins on the floor themselves, but perhaps they'd be interested in donating one for the charity fundraiser? Might be worth looking into again for 2019.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=HoakyPoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.