5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 99.
#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ugh....it's the little thing that ppl don't catch that drive me nuts. The Van is render backwards on the rightside of the cab vs. All the other images we've seen. I asked stern on their FB page if the van was lefthand drive.........instantly deleted
[quoted image][quoted image]

dude what the heck why would you bring this up? Now I cant un-see and this bothers me thank you lol

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Nothing about FF is "heavy metal". The best description for it isn't mom rock. It's mid 90s to mid 2000s radio rock. There is no need to try and shorten it any further or dig at it any further. FF are a huge band that found most of their success on the radio and on the road. They aren't a cult metal band with an underbelly following from rock sub-culture where enthusiasts dwell.
They are radio rock mostly from 95-2005 with a few additional hits from 2005-2015. Not only did an entire generation grow up listening to them but lots of FF songs were featured in games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero (series). Millions of people also grew up playing their songs as well.
Maybe you didn't but millions of others did. This isn't a mom band as much as you want it to be.

Same. If I could get a Pro with a deadpost I'd probably have already put a deposit down. But since they locked it behind the Premium and knew EXACTLY what they were doing I've held onto my money. I'm not justifying $2600+ more for a Premium for a deadpost, all the other parts are pretty unjustifiable. The only single thing that irritates me about the FF pin is that the Pro playfield has the freaking deadpost artwork on it at the bottom... but no actual deadpost. This is a clear indicator that there was at some time, indicating that the deadpost would be on all models but it was yanked off the Pro later for 'reasons'.

I wonder if it'll be possible to just put a standard post in there. I know it won't be the same as an actuated one, but it would keep the spirit alive. It'll all depend on if you can kill the auto launch ball save on the pro, too.

While the deadpost is cool, it also strikes me as something that, like the JP moving TRex or Godzilla building, could lose novelty after the initial honeymoon phase. So that's helping me feel better about the pro (keeping a couple thousand in my pocket is good too).

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well if you want to get precise, technically it's a robot and there's no steering wheel shown...ALSO IT'S NOT REAL.

Dave's driving the Van

Screenshot_20230303_110249_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230303_110249_YouTube (resized).jpg
#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Dave's driving the Van
[quoted image]

Not on the side art.

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Dave's driving the Van
[quoted image]

On the cabinet side art, no one is driving the van. Because it's a toy and the band members are action figures. There's also no steering wheel on the cab art

#2256 1 year ago

Wait, i mean.....you gotta pay another $1k to get the steering wheel and non-copy-paste-flip cabinet art. You cheap bastards always want everything.

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from Jai151:

On the cabinet side art, no one is driving the van. Because it's a toy and the band members are action figures. There's also no steering wheel on the cab art

Exactly - It’s almost like they knew they needed to mirror it on the cab and gave it a thoughtful construct

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Love me a premium with a pro tran.

Love me a pro with a premium translite. I smell a swaportunity.

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The stream is over. He will save it to YT later.

Sweet ff pro stream. Pro looks like the best bang for buck imo.

#2268 1 year ago

Can’t unsee the car now. They could have easier flipped it and yeti just move the two figures in his program.

#2290 1 year ago

Thank you. I won't be responding to that person further, and I'm not going to make another post about this, but I do want to say one thing:

Pinball is for everyone.

Jack streamed the Foo Fighters Pro with 4 women playing yesterday. They were as interesting to listen to and as good players as anyone else I've seen on his stream (minus obvious standout players like Elwin). They weren't diversity tokens, Jack wasn't being "woke", he had pinball players over to show off his new game. It was a great vibe, and the game was a joy to watch. This is a killer Pro.

If you missed the stream it's worth checking out.

Disparaging moms and women, harassing people in PMs, telling people in the Haggis Fathom thread to "man up and stop being bitches" like this dork just did, that's not the pinball I'm at all interested in being a part of. Same thing goes for the homophobia I see. Being gay is normal, rainbows won't hurt you, and nobody should care what you do with your life when we're all playing together.

Jack knocked it out of the park with this game. Can we just be positive about the fact that a new designer has created a kick ass game that looks fun as fuck to play?

#2294 1 year ago

I loved seeing the women on Jacks stream last night just manhandle... ummm... I mean muscle the machine around. Seriously was not expecting to see the game sliding back and forth as much as I did. Was a fun night!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.