6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4277 RULES: Foo Fighters Mode Chart Posted by pinbuoy (1 year ago)

Post #4688 Dead post adjustments Posted by WildRover (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Dead Flip, Tanio & Zombie Yeti shared the post on facebook, so that's a pretty good guess at the creative team.

Holy shnikes that's a baller team

#93 1 year ago

I know there have been plenty of folks on these here forums who rag on the Foos, but they're an all-timer of the genre and one of the few remaining arena rock bands. I'm pretty pumped for this one, especially if it's Danger coming in with his first full design. I may not buy at first - we're at capacity - but can see picking it up down the road if it's as jamtastic as I expect.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Alright let's start the 'must have' list: Times Like These, Hero, Pretender, Monkey Wrench, Best of You…
What else you got?

Honestly, I really don't want Best of You. Too repetitive imo.

The rest of your list is a killer start! Would also love:

Stacked Actors
I'll Stick Around
This Is A Call
Breakout

And a ton more haha

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

My guess based on the tease would be that they are doing this as a music pin but making it a sort of hybrid with a non ip story/theme. Foo Fighters acting as a "band" of "fighters" trying to stop an alien attack.
That would actually be pretty different compared to the last 5 years of music pins they did that were mostly just about the band and music.
Also It would be amazing if they did the expression lighting like LZ had, but on all trims

The storyline with music works so well in Iron Maiden - I'd be 1000% stoked if they took the same approach here.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think Stern learned some lessons from the Bond debacle

I'm also guessing Jack has a hand in this. He's a good marketer on top of everything else and understands what fans want.

#566 1 year ago

Gotta have Times Like These. I will be blown away if they give us White Limo.

#593 1 year ago

I will take Bridge Burning on the playlist, please.

#603 1 year ago

15 is solid. I could do without Best of You, but I knew it would be on there.

In before someone suggests more could come through DLC.

#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

But have you ever played Hot Wheels? That will tell a person all they need to know…

OK Hot Wheels is underrated - just a super fun game to blow up, and soke risk/reward with the RPM targets.

That said Foo Fighters looks incredible and will likely be better. But didn't want there to be too much HW slander.

Back to the Foos - I am gonna have to move a game to bring this one home. It just looks too good to resist.

#1945 1 year ago

Game looks insanely fun to shoot, and I'm sure code will add more polish. Hopefully that's able to include some more staging before multiballs - most seemed to just happen (aside from the one that started on the van shot). The kicker target is wild and that Rami crossover shot blows my mind. Can't wait to flip it!

#2216 1 year ago

Watching the Pro replay and noticed that, on the mode song selection screen, New Orleans displays All My Life on screen but it's playing I'll Stick Around. I'm sure it'll get sorted, just found it amusing. This game looks so so so fun.

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Nothing about FF is "heavy metal". The best description for it isn't mom rock. It's mid 90s to mid 2000s radio rock. There is no need to try and shorten it any further or dig at it any further. FF are a huge band that found most of their success on the radio and on the road. They aren't a cult metal band with an underbelly following from rock sub-culture where enthusiasts dwell.
They are radio rock mostly from 95-2005 with a few additional hits from 2005-2015. Not only did an entire generation grow up listening to them but lots of FF songs were featured in games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero (series). Millions of people also grew up playing their songs as well.
Maybe you didn't but millions of others did. This isn't a mom band as much as you want it to be.

Same. If I could get a Pro with a deadpost I'd probably have already put a deposit down. But since they locked it behind the Premium and knew EXACTLY what they were doing I've held onto my money. I'm not justifying $2600+ more for a Premium for a deadpost, all the other parts are pretty unjustifiable. The only single thing that irritates me about the FF pin is that the Pro playfield has the freaking deadpost artwork on it at the bottom... but no actual deadpost. This is a clear indicator that there was at some time, indicating that the deadpost would be on all models but it was yanked off the Pro later for 'reasons'.

I wonder if it'll be possible to just put a standard post in there. I know it won't be the same as an actuated one, but it would keep the spirit alive. It'll all depend on if you can kill the auto launch ball save on the pro, too.

While the deadpost is cool, it also strikes me as something that, like the JP moving TRex or Godzilla building, could lose novelty after the initial honeymoon phase. So that's helping me feel better about the pro (keeping a couple thousand in my pocket is good too).

#2415 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I got rid of my turtles because of the difficulty and knowing I’ll never get to the wizard mode. Hopefully FF is a much friendlier shooter.

Looks to be potentially friendlier, but seems like the modes might be on the long side. That was one of my issues with Rush, and I'm hoping Ray maybe tones it down a bit and makes getting farther more achievable for mere mortals. Only 1 guy getting to Austin the other night has me a little concerned, but it's still early days.

#2433 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Should be easy enough to install a pop up post that only triggers when the overdrive insert lights AND rollover switch is hit.
If the pro does a version of Overdrive that kicks out a new ball when active then the mod would also need to temporarily disable the auto launch as well.

The real question is if the node board can handle another coil, right?

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I actually think FF could be harder than TMNT in terms of progression. It looks super fast! In TMNT if you time out a mode or fail because you drain, you just move on to the next mode, you don't need to successfully complete it to get to the wizard mode. Currently in FF you have to complete the mode, if you drain or time out, you still have to go back and complete the mode, there's no skipping if you want to get to the wizard modes. There were so many players on the streams who didn't even complete 1 mode and plenty who drained with only a couple of shots done on a mode, having to go back and get 6 more shots or whatever may take some players all their balls.
I think it looks great and have ordered a pro, will be interested to see if the rules get a bit more flex in terms of mode completion/ wizard mode qualification.

This is maybe my only concern with the game so far. I was rewatching the Pro stream last night, and progress seems difficult to achieve. Not that I want it to be super easy, but I'd love for it to be closer to TMNT or IMDN instead of the grindfest that Rush is. Fingers crossed.

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yeah think the whole cartoon/story is Stern original idea (which is pretty impressive if true) but don’t follow Foo enough to confirm.

It's Stern - the insider podcast gets into the origins of it, much of which came from Zombie Yeti, and it's a lot of fun. https://insider.sternpinball.com/exclusives/podcast/356

#2754 1 year ago

I'm having a real hard time staying off the FOMO train here...layout looks too good. I know it's best to wait and flip, but my pins in the garage are looking at me nervously.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So to be really nerdy, lets not forget that Dave also played the clear Ampeg Dan Armstrong Lucite guitar. Also a Gibson Explorer, Gibson Firebird and Gibson Les Paul, Gibson SG and a Gibson Hummingbird. Hes also been seen playing Martin acoustics too.
[quoted image]

The clear one is an all-time fave

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am curious how all you Foo Hypers are holding up at this point.
How has the hype survived 2 weeks and 78 other pinball machines being teased or revealed?
How’s the enthusiasm? Are we weaker in numbers? Has the foo hype train withstood this unprecedented assault?

I'm pretty pumped still. I probably can't add this until summer, but the layout just looks incredible - that's what stands out to me the most compared to the other new releases.

I'll be heading out to a location as soon as it's there.

#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Flow, shots and art look incredible. I’m just hoping the rules aren’t to crazy like AIQ

I want a hybrid of Rush and Iron Maiden as far as rules. Some modes on Rush are way. Too. Long. Don't make me grind through a thousand shots just because it's a music game and you think I should hear the song longer.

On the other side of that, a couple of Maiden's modes (Hallowed Be Thy Name in particular) are too quick, at least at my skill level.

Hoping Foo Fighters splits the difference - eatly streams have looked a little more on the grind side, so I'm hoping Ray tones it down.

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s no better value than a stern pro but pulp fiction looks close.

I just hope Stern doesn't see the Pulp Fiction hype and use it to justify jacking up Pro prices another grand.

#3265 1 year ago

Not sure if I missed a post here, but looks like mode objectives are up on Tilt Forums:

http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--vanseattle

Definitely some interesting objectives - Run, in particular, sounds pretty fun. I still worry the modes are going to be too long - my main beef with Rush, which Rayday also also had a big role in - so I'm eager to find one on location soon and see how easy/hard it is to make progress.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3382 1 year ago

Watched a bit of Laser Los streaming Foos last night, and it looks like a blast to shoot. My code concerns are still creeping in, though, especially when a player of his caliber is asking how long some of the modes are.

As an avid, but still intermediate, player, I really appreciate games where modes have some challenge but are still beatable with good strategy. Maiden and TMNT come to mind, as does Tanio's work on Deadpool. Knowing that I can beat the modes but still have to string something together to get to the mini wizards/wizards keeps me coming back.

Rush, on the other hand, never felt satisfying in this regard. I never beat all 6 song modes in a game before letting it go – I got tired of grinding through Working Man and Limelight (a song I absolutely adore) and often would end up hating having to play those songs. I'm worried Ray is taking FF in that direction by making the modes last a bit too long, at least as far as I am watching in early streams.

That said, code is in its infancy and a lot can change. I'd like to see one of two options:

- Fewer shots to complete the modes
- Visits to the mini wizard cities opening up by playing 3 modes instead of having to beat them entirely

Curious for anyone else's thoughts. I'm pretty pumped on this game as a pure shooter alone, but I'm wondering if anyone else has enough time on it to comment on how the modes feel when you're really getting into it.

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you play with the settings on Rush? I thought a lot of that difficulty was adjustable?

Admittedly I did not - considered it, and maybe that will be the play with FF. I guess I just like some quick hitter modes lol. Play better right? I am just hoping there is more balance out of the box on this one - Foos songs aren't as long as Rush ones, so not a big need to have long modes imo.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yeah I think I’m remembering on stream Raymond saying something like 12 or 14 shots for the modes. If it is then that seems like a lot. Maybe it will play shorter with a van powerup though. I think one of the powers is fewer mode shots.

Yeah, I remember him saying 14 on stream and on the insider podcast. I hope that doesn't mean 14 for EVERY mode. I know there are the van mods, but even then it feels like too many.

I love some of the quicker modes on IMDN (Fear of the Dark) or TMNT (whatever the raygun one is called) where you've gotta go shot/spinner or shot/target three times and then a finishing blow. Mixing in something like that, where you can get the quick dopamine hit of completing the mode, makes the grinders more tolerable (unless the grinder is Working Man). Same to the commenter above who mentioned GZ and the simple objectives for certain modes. Blend those together with some roving shot modes (I think Run is one) and a few more complexities and we're golden.

#3400 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Wow what a problem to have.Im waiting on Foo Too,people in other threads have no modes to worry about(BOND)

LOL first world problems, I know. This gave me a good chuckle.

#3475 1 year ago

Got over to my distro's showroom today for a few games on a Pro. Shouts to Aaron (@sdamusements) - look him up if you're in SoCal, he's not gouging like other outlets.

This. Game. Fucking. Rips.

Holy cow, it's so fun to shoot - everything is smooth as butter. The combos off the upper flipper come fast but don't feel lucky like JP sometimes can. The short left ramp is just satisfying enough while keeping it all cruising. Spinner rips are plentiful. Overlord is somewhat dangerous but not terrifying for SDTMs. I couldn't quite dial in the far left Rami shot with regularity, but when I did it was tremendous - a unique shot path unlike anything I've played.

I do feel a little bit of layout sameness between this and JP, but I didn't come away feeling like I'd played JP, if that makes any sense. The overall vibes are totally different, even if part of the playfield shares a likeness.

Basically, this reinforced the hype. It's just absolutely insane to shoot and I can't wait to get back on it again soon - Stern's got another hit here, easily.

#3480 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

FF Pro VS Premium? Humm
It seems like the pro pre-order guys are on the pro is the way to go bandwagon on this title or is that normal.
I'm excited for everyone getting this game regardless of edition of choice. Just blessed.

I'm generally a Pro guy anyway. The extras in a Premium don't usually do it enough for me to justify an extra $2500, but I've considered it for FF. That said, it's not a dream theme for me, and the Pro is jam packed with fun so I am happy to put the extra cash toward the next pin. I anticipate Pro owners being pretty stoked on this one, but Premium folks will be able to brag about the dead post.

#3520 1 year ago

Like what I am seeing as far as how van modes are treated in the new update.

--

-When you make the first shot in a city, 6 units of progress are awarded instead of 1.
This number decreases by one for each van mode you have completed.

--

Hoping that makes completing modes a little easier earlier on. Definitely a solid change, as well as giving the option between Austin and DC. Very cool.

#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Just put 5 games on Foo Fighters Premium at TPF. It’s amazing.

How much action in the upper playfield? I am usually Pro but considering Premium here...

#3583 1 year ago

Laser los has recent Foos streams

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So what's the trigger scenarios in the game that decides if this activates?
could a modder create this up/down post and tie it into a existing switch, light, or trigger and some electronics that replicates/simulate or even randomize it to come close to the code experience?... I dunno how it works in the game so ....curious...

Overdrive has to be lit as an outlane ball save. On the Premium, ball hits the outlane and the post pops up. On a pro, ball hits the outlane and you get a ball save from autolaunch. So you'd have to see if there is a setting to disable autolaunch (or maybe just let it launch and let one ball drain?) as a first step to replicate the Premium action, I believe.

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But also … maybe one day the FF pro code can be tweaked to support the ball save post. I think JDanger said the pro code would still light the flasher when it’s time to hold left flipper and instigate the deadpost. Anybody at TPF know?

I believe the newest Pro code offers points if you flip the left flipper at the correct time during Overdrive - so it’s emulating the action needed on the Premium and treating it as bonus points while the ball auto launches.

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wasn't into KISS - AT ALL, but by the time it was time to say goodbye I liked most of the songs on the machine (Deuce, I will NEVER like). So as long as you like the game, you might be surprised if you own a FF that you end up liking some of the music.

I am now a huge Iron Maiden fan thanks to the game. I'd always known they existed but never explored them more deeply until I got into pinball - now I own the game and am trying to figure out how to make one of their next tour dates.

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Yeah, this is common on a few actually. That’s fine, I’m super anal about that stuff anyway.
Biggest worry I have is the long modes. Hopefully some of the updates help tweak them enough to make them not as brutal.

In the most recent update I think they helped shorten the modes a little bit, with the first shot awarding 6 bars of progress (then one less for subsequent modes iirc). Hoping this will help as modes are my biggest worry, too. Game shoots like a dream.

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

got a sample UFO getting professionally printed - you can adjust the bank angle to suit where you put it in a game.
also finished a drone bot with adjustable legs that can swing left and right
once I get the game will tweak mounting and some custom legs for the drone bot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look awesome! Where are you thinking the ideal mounting spots will be?

#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Anyone started reviewing the game yet? Think it can take out first place?

I am already in love with this game, but I don't know that it has the same wow factor in it as the Godzilla building. It feels much like Iron Maiden to me - killer shots and great kinetics, but not a hugely ball interactive "toy." I think it can easily land in the top 10 and maybe top 5 depending on if people warm to the theme enough over time.

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just don't see why. I death save often, so i dont know if it is worth the money. I'm unsure I can justify it. I will get to play a premium shortly as the place near me gets them after pros.

Not a deathsaver myself, but this is kinda how I am approaching it, too: Pro at home (to save a few grand) and play the Premium on location as a special treat.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks for the reply NPO, did you get to play it at TPF/MGC? Pro? Premium?
A Deadpool Godzilla hybrid was always going to be a tonne of fun and I can see ideas from both games in Foo, as you say mate it’s the first game to genuinely get alot of excitement in a long time and I don’t even like FF music.

Add in some JP, too. It's really a nice mix of flowing shots!

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

This may have been tackled already, but is the pro on this game ripe for a promium upgrade? I kinda hate that term but it looks like the sculpted truck and the sculpted overlord could be easily added to the pro so that really the only things you would be missing would be the magnet, upper playfield, and the deadpost. Now that I type that all out it still seems like a lot but at least they typical pro plastic parts look to be easily replaceable and for someone who is not a big upper playfield guy, this becomes one hell of a bargain and machine.

Yeah, this is kind of how I am going. There will be aftermarket mods for the sculpts but Pro buyers will miss out on the Deadpost and the ability to add Expression Lighting down the road.

Other random comment: I'm not getting the comparisons or questions people are tossing out about if there will be overlap in a lineup with FF and Deadpool. Is it the comic vibe? Shots-wise these two could not be more different to me and they will very much complement each other in a small setup.

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think there is some similarity in the crossover shots, granted, Deadpool is not a jumping crossover, and also the angled bar target to the Snikt..I thought I heard JD they may look into coding something off of that, if it would ricochet into the overlord for example...The turn around ramp is pretty similar as well...granted I haven't played it but that is just from observation, so feel is probably completely different

Ok these are both fair points. I will give FF the nod for having boatloads more flow, though.

#3961 1 year ago

I've been a Pro buyer on every Stern we've had come through the house - for us, we'd rather save that extra couple thousand and put it toward more options to have in the garage. I tend to get excited about adding aftermarket mods to go for a "Promium" style pin, but eventually just start playing the Pro and having a blast with it as is.

I think FF is going to be in this same category, and it'll make it that much more of a treat to find a Premium out on location.

#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is foo fighters gonna be the next iron maiden?
What I mean is, I feel this pin is amazing despite the (for some reason) devisive band choice. It has an outrageously cool layout from a brand new/yet highly regarded designer. It seems to fit that mold perfectly.
To me, I can see people kicking themselves after this stops being produced if they don't buy one. The shots are absolutely incredible.

I see a lot of similarities, especially on the Pros. Great shots, captive ball, no real toys otherwise (but not necessary IMO). It's all about the layout and theme immersion, and I am betting we see a lot more comps between the two as time passes.

Mine will be next to each other in the garage.

3 weeks later
#4755 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Contacted stern and was able to make it work with their tech department. It's going to be awesome!

Details pls

#4815 11 months ago

Got to play an LE today, and it's an amazing package. Just beautiful colors and artwork - top notch all around.

That said, I think I am OK with the Pro I have on order. Granted this is only after a few plays, and some of this might be convincing myself so I can save money, but the dead post didn't quite wow me like I expected it would - I think some code magic to make the moment more special could help. Upper playfield is alright but I didn't spend much time up there exploring. I actually think I'll miss the Overlord magnet the most, just because chaos is fun.

Luckily for me this LE is close by if I ever get the itch to play it, but for home use/budget purposes I am quite happy the Pro is on the way. The shots are still just bonkers - can't wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.