(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,426 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240509_020750202 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240509_023921304.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240509_032705931 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240509_032703838 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240509_032700083 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240509_020624114 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240507_001422442 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240507_001327239.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240506_005636923 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240506_005757873 (resized).jpg
Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
There are 1,426 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.
#1401 6 months ago

Joined the club yesterday with a trade for my Striker Xtreme. I had never played the game before but read a lot of negative stuff about it. Watched a few videos and thought it looked fun. I’m enjoying it a lot! I don’t mind the stop and go it’s a fun different pace of game than my other games and I grew up playing street fighter 2 at the bowling alley so theme is a win.
My biggest knock so far is the selecting the award, wish it would just award you the one on the right. I have a lot of young kids who play my games who either can’t read or won’t be able to read fast enough to decide what to take so they will most likely get stuck with the points if they are playing alone. Is there a setting to change it from auto selecting the left choice to the right?

2 months later
#1402 4 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

I've been playing my SF2 a LOT lately. I just cannot complete the wizard mode for some reason. Really, really want to beat it! I told myself that once I complete Champion Challenge, then I can really dig into just getting a high score. Think the closest I've gotten is defeating 8 or 9 fighters in CC. I know I'll get there.
Also, I'm wondering which shot folks consider to be the toughest in the game. I hear people say the Guile shot quite a bit, but that one doesn't tend to give me much trouble. Personally, I really struggle to hit the Ken/Ryu shot with any kind of consistency.
What about all of you? Most difficult shot? Have you beaten wizard mode?

Most difficult shot for me is Chun Li. I rebuilt both lower flippers so the guile shot is super smooth from the left and I can even backhand it from the right. When I just have Chun Li left I will hit the ramp perfect 10 or more times and get either rejected by the spinning flipper or it will be such a hard shot that it actually bounces out instead of going down the ramp. I need to see if there is something I can do so I don’t get rejects, it’s hard enough to avoid that flipper I’ve been just one shot away from completing the wizard mode A LOT. Twice in one game. Haven’t beaten it yet but it sure keeps me coming back.
I really enjoy the multiball rules, you can either just plow through the shots or you can try to save an easier one for last to get that repeat 300 million. 2.8 billion is my high score right now, lately I’ve been focused on just getting the wizard mode beaten so I can get rid of that EZY initials for the master!

#1403 4 months ago

Chun Li shot is fixed! The ball was hitting the top of the wire form giving me rejects on fast shots. Bent the wire form up a bit and I’m hitting the shot with at least a 50/50 chance of it going in, even looped it twice in a row. Played a ton tonight, made it to the champion challenge 10 plus times. One game made it all 3 balls. When going for it the third time you only get 1 shot lit at a time. Failed by 1-2 shots all 3 times in the same game!! I have some new cabinet leaf switches coming this week, didn’t replace them when I rebuilt the flippers and they are pretty burned out so going to give the game a break until I can replace them and my goal is to beat the master this weekend!

#1404 3 months ago

Finally beat the master! Had a birthday party for my 11 year old daughter, end of the night I told my dad hey come watch I’ll get to the champions challenge. Ball 1 I got there and then beat it. Pretty cool fanfare with the lights and sound show and it was a nice touch putting in your initials while the game was still going and the ball is held. Not sure why this game is rated so low, it’s not the best I’ve ever played but it’s got some really cool and unique mechs and rules. I’d rate it as a solid middle of the pack game, certainly more fun that a lot of “top” games where the only goal is to shoot a lit spinner over and over.

2 months later
#1405 52 days ago

Good evening guys! Picked up Street Fighter 2 a few weeks back and got to work on it. I got 3 of my issues sorted and resolved (yay me as this is my first jump into pinball ownership). Two remaining issues now and I think I may have one figured out:

1) The Guile shot - I think the guy before me installed the wrong transmitter board for this. I've looked in the manual and see MA-1330 and MA-1331. I have the MA-1331 but the other one shows a whole different number. I've ordered these sensors and they will be here Tuesday to install.

2) The car game - When playing, it will register the first hit every time and then the car will not move back any further. I've looked and nothing is in the way of it sliding back and I can slide it back by hand. It also will not move back into the first position after the minigame is done. It just sits there. I can lift the playfield and push the release right behind the coil and it will release the car like it is supposed to. I can put the playfield down and then it will register 1 hit again but nothing after that and will not return to the first position. I have tried the solenoid test and it doesn't do anything when I go to solenoid 13 and hit start. If I push the release right behind the coil and then hit the solenoid test, it makes a click sound. Any thoughts on this? I was going to order new springs and a new coil but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on this before doing so. Thanks!

#1406 51 days ago
Quoted from Linus84:

Good evening guys! Picked up Street Fighter 2 a few weeks back and got to work on it. I got 3 of my issues sorted and resolved (yay me as this is my first jump into pinball ownership). Two remaining issues now and I think I may have one figured out:
1) The Guile shot - I think the guy before me installed the wrong transmitter board for this. I've looked in the manual and see MA-1330 and MA-1331. I have the MA-1331 but the other one shows a whole different number. I've ordered these sensors and they will be here Tuesday to install.
2) The car game - When playing, it will register the first hit every time and then the car will not move back any further. I've looked and nothing is in the way of it sliding back and I can slide it back by hand. It also will not move back into the first position after the minigame is done. It just sits there. I can lift the playfield and push the release right behind the coil and it will release the car like it is supposed to. I can put the playfield down and then it will register 1 hit again but nothing after that and will not return to the first position. I have tried the solenoid test and it doesn't do anything when I go to solenoid 13 and hit start. If I push the release right behind the coil and then hit the solenoid test, it makes a click sound. Any thoughts on this? I was going to order new springs and a new coil but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on this before doing so. Thanks!

There are nuts under the car playfield that allow you to adjust the release coil distance. Too close to the plate and it can't move to release the plunger rod, to far and it won't pull the plate in. Try adjusting those to see if you can get it working. Also check the return springs to make sure they have even tension, if it pulls to one side it can bind up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/26#post-6067127

#1407 51 days ago

Thank you Sir! I loosed and tightened it and I can keep it firing every time I press start to test the solenoid. When I close the playfield and start the game, the car doesn't move when hit and I lose the bonus game. I think the problem may be the springs. The pics attached show how it's stuck. To me, it looks like my springs are worn out. The back bar that breaks the opto's in order for you to win are also no where near the opto's. I referenced back to the manual and have added the springs to my cart on Marco. I also ordered a new spring that connects to the plate behind the coil. Thoughts from you Professionals? Thanks guys!

PXL_20240506_005636923 (resized).jpgPXL_20240506_005636923 (resized).jpgPXL_20240506_005757873 (resized).jpgPXL_20240506_005757873 (resized).jpg
#1408 50 days ago
Quoted from Linus84:

Thank you Sir! I loosed and tightened it and I can keep it firing every time I press start to test the solenoid. When I close the playfield and start the game, the car doesn't move when hit and I lose the bonus game. I think the problem may be the springs. The pics attached show how it's stuck. To me, it looks like my springs are worn out. The back bar that breaks the opto's in order for you to win are also no where near the opto's. I referenced back to the manual and have added the springs to my cart on Marco. I also ordered a new spring that connects to the plate behind the coil. Thoughts from you Professionals? Thanks guys!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think new springs is a good call. The end towards the car that attaches to the post looks like it's been cut, it doesn't have the usual 90 degree loop.

#1409 50 days ago

latenite04 So I've removed the car playfield and found something interesting- In the pics below, that is as far back as the bar/car will move. I think the car that was used was too big for the playfield. I've pulled and tugged and there is no way that the back part of the bar will slide in between those opto's. It will not move any further back ???

PXL_20240507_001327239.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240507_001327239.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240507_001422442 (resized).jpgPXL_20240507_001422442 (resized).jpg
#1410 50 days ago

GOT IT FIGURED OUT!! The back side of the car had less than a 1/4 inch of plastic hanging down and it was getting caught on the little metal tab that it needed to slide past :] I've already ordered the replacement springs so I'm still going to slap them on there before putting it back together. :]

#1411 50 days ago
Quoted from Linus84:

latenite04 So I've removed the car playfield and found something interesting- In the pics below, that is as far back as the bar/car will move. I think the car that was used was too big for the playfield. I've pulled and tugged and there is no way that the back part of the bar will slide in between those opto's. It will not move any further back ???
[quoted image][quoted image]

That certainly looks like an issue. There's two screws in the front bumper of the car that mount it, I would remove it and see if everything else works. You might be able to push down on the top of the car and get it to go under that hoop. If it's close maybe you can remove the car and bend the top to lower it just a bit.

#1412 50 days ago
Quoted from latenite04:

That certainly looks like an issue. There's two screws in the front bumper of the car that mount it, I would remove it and see if everything else works. You might be able to push down on the top of the car and get it to go under that hoop. If it's close maybe you can remove the car and bend the top to lower it just a bit.

He didn't shave the back of the car down quite enough. Got it all sorted and working now :]

#1413 49 days ago

Hoping someone can help me understand what's going on with my game. The coil that raises the right ramp is no good and was chattering like crazy so I clipped the wires and have been monitoring it for a few days to see if I need to order more than just the coil.

The real issue is this:

I keep randomly doing something and the DMD says Billion then my score goes from like. 100m to 2 Billion instantly. I'm not super familiar with the rules on this game as I just aquired it recently, but this seems really odd to me.

Is there a shot that awards a Billion? Maybe the game is being tricked into these points somehow?

Help me understand the madness please!

#1414 49 days ago

From what I can gather the game says “Billion!” when you cross the one billion point threshold and there is no shot that is worth a billion. The most you can get is 500 million for completing the champion challenge and 300 million for the super jackpot in multiball. The first time I heard billion I thought I had made a shot worth a billion but it was just after getting the super and my total score had just gone over a billion.
The Chun li shot increases if you loop the ramp but I don’t know if there is a cap on it I’ve only made 3 in a row I think.
The roaming ninjas mode also can get high again don’t know if there is a cap most I’ve gotten from a single shot I think is 100 million.
The Ken and ryu shot also increases as you make more shots but also not sure if there is a cap.
My guess would be a stuck switch on a shot that is increasing in points rapidly. To narrow it down see if you can catch it on video next time and we might be able to figure out where the points are coming from which could point to a particular switch.

#1415 48 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

From what I can gather the game says “Billion!” when you cross the one billion point threshold and there is no shot that is worth a billion. The most you can get is 500 million for completing the champion challenge and 300 million for the super jackpot in multiball. The first time I heard billion I thought I had made a shot worth a billion but it was just after getting the super and my total score had just gone over a billion.
The Chun li shot increases if you loop the ramp but I don’t know if there is a cap on it I’ve only made 3 in a row I think.
The roaming ninjas mode also can get high again don’t know if there is a cap most I’ve gotten from a single shot I think is 100 million.
The Ken and ryu shot also increases as you make more shots but also not sure if there is a cap.
My guess would be a stuck switch on a shot that is increasing in points rapidly. To narrow it down see if you can catch it on video next time and we might be able to figure out where the points are coming from which could point to a particular switch.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well. I'll try and see if I can catch it on video. It's happened 3 times in the last few days.

#1416 48 days ago

Hey guys! My new opto's came in tonight for the Guile shot. With getting my car working 100%, this is literally the last issue I'm having before my SF2 is 100%!!! :] I soldered the new optos to the wires just as I disconnected them but it's still not working. All of these tie into the opto board under the car playfield. I have a red LED that stays lit on that board - D3. Does anyone know what that means? To make sure I did this correctly and didn't follow the guy before me that may have tried to fix it - can you tell me which side - left or right - for the transmitter and which side is for the receiver? (The green boards in my pics are the new boards. The tan ones are the old. Just showing them for comparison sake. I matched the numbers out of the manual when I purchased them from Marcos). I checked them and they are reading 1V on my multimeter. Thanks!

PXL_20240509_020624114 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_020624114 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_020750202 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_020750202 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_023921304.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_023921304.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_032700083 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_032700083 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_032703838 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_032703838 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_032705931 (resized).jpgPXL_20240509_032705931 (resized).jpg
#1417 48 days ago

Ok, found a video online on how to test receivers/transmitters. When I hold my cell phone camera up to the receiver, IT TRIGGERS THE GUILE SHOT!!! So that is working. What doesn't seem to be working is the transmitter. I tried switching the wires around and then switching it back to the original one I took off and still a no go. Flash my cell phone camera at it and it triggers. Light on the opto board is still lit up for D3.

Another question I have is it is just light right? Can i piggy back that one opto off of another transmitter with a small wire just to give it power and the it should still trigger Guile once the receiver sees that the light has broken??? Is that even possible? I'm new to all of this so thank you guys for being patient with me!! I'm learning a ton from this site!

#1418 47 days ago
Quoted from Linus84:

Ok, found a video online on how to test receivers/transmitters. When I hold my cell phone camera up to the receiver, IT TRIGGERS THE GUILE SHOT!!! So that is working. What doesn't seem to be working is the transmitter. I tried switching the wires around and then switching it back to the original one I took off and still a no go. Flash my cell phone camera at it and it triggers. Light on the opto board is still lit up for D3.
Another question I have is it is just light right? Can i piggy back that one opto off of another transmitter with a small wire just to give it power and the it should still trigger Guile once the receiver sees that the light has broken??? Is that even possible? I'm new to all of this so thank you guys for being patient with me!! I'm learning a ton from this site!

Have you checked at the transmitter board with a multimeter to see if it's getting power, I'm guessing it should be around 1.5v? I would swap the two opto boards under the car crunch and see if the issue remains or moves with the board, you could have an problem with the MA-1925 board.

#1419 47 days ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Have you checked at the transmitter board with a multimeter to see if it's getting power, I'm guessing it should be around 1.5v? I would swap the two opto boards under the car crunch and see if the issue remains or moves with the board, you could have an problem with the MA-1925 board.

Good morning! Yes, the transmitter is getting 1v according to my multimeter. It was weird and exciting when I hit the receiver with the camera and the Guile shot just started working!! I can see about taking the opto boards from under the car crunch because I know those are working. I just rec'd 3 new transmitters yesterday from Marco. Maybe a bad batch? They are the same part numbers from the manual. Just a different color.

If it doesn't work and maybe the lead is bad - do you think it would be possible to tie the transmitter to another transmitter? Say maybe the Zangief shot? The receiver is what triggers the shot. The transmitter simply shoots the light over to the receiver right?

#1420 47 days ago

Tied the Guile opto transmitter to the Zangief transmitter and everything is now working 100%

#1421 47 days ago
Quoted from Linus84:

Tied the Guile opto transmitter to the Zangief transmitter and everything is now working 100%

Good work, enjoy playing. Now you know it's a power issue if you want to chase it in the future.

1 week later
#1422 39 days ago

Is there any way to view the total number of plays on these machines?

#1423 38 days ago
Quoted from Linus84:

Is there any way to view the total number of plays on these machines?

It's in the bookkeeping records. But if you've ever changed batteries or boards the number won't be accurate.

1 week later
#1424 31 days ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Really loving this custom Translite. The material isn't great and the colors look a bit washed so i may be doing a reprint to get more vibrant colors. This’ll do fine for now.
[quoted image]

Where did you get this? I'd love one!

1 week later
#1425 18 days ago

Anyone ever get a reply from @Bennyv7??

#1426 15 days ago

When shooting the Ken ryu hurricane loop shot how many points do you get? It shows 2 million a spin, 3 million a spin etc, going up 1 million each time I hit the shot and I usually get several spins around but only get credit for 1 each time. If I was getting the points assigned for each spin this seems like it would be a valuable strategy for points. I know I’ve seen as much as 6 million a spin, does it cap out? As soon as I make the shot it’s registering I’m hitting that shot I’m just not getting any additional spins registered. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ceres, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,426 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.