Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

From the Premium flyer....

So...the box weighs 30 pounds? You don't really believe that either, do you?

You should just take Jody's job. At least then you'd be paid to yell "HOORAY, STERN!" all day.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

LOL!
    You're forgetting the packaging material and the legs. That along with the box is probably is around 30 lbs.

Legs are part of the machine. Could you send us a picture of your GB sitting on the floor when you're playing it? I bet that's a hoot.

Packing material is designed to be lightweight for obvious reasons. They must have packed yours with clay.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

No, the legs are not considered part of the weight, because you usually aren't carrying or shipping a game with them on.

But. They. Are. In. The. Box.

Go milk a cow or something. I can't do this anymore. Working on a full Joker Poker restore. Man...I'm not looking forward to that moment when I have to figure out how to put the legs on...

#149 7 years ago

I hate to use the old cliché, but you don't play the artwork. Yes, GOT playfield art is really bad, but it's still one of the most fun recent Sterns. ACDC's playfield art also sucks...but it's a blast to play.

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

...but we have eyeballs and these are giant things we have to look at if we own them. To pay THAT much for something THAT big with horrible art, when there ARE options with great art...that's just something I cannot do.

...it's Photoshop, but it's stylistically cohesive with the whole package and "feels" like AC/DC. There's nothing offensive about it...in fact, I quite like the way AC/DC Premium looks. GOT doesn't "feel" like GOT. It's a mix of absolutely generic (playfield) with terrible Photoshop (translite/cabinet).

Fair enough. I would never want GB in my house for the way it looks. But I still think the cab and backglass on GOT LE is awesome and when it's lit up you can't see much of the playfield past the ridiculously bright lights. Perhaps it was designed that way?

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

So glad KPG is not around anymore,

What happened to KPG? I thought I was keeping up with all episodes of the Pinside soap opera.

1 week later
    #884 7 years ago
    Quoted from wtatumjr:

This is actually pretty funny as I ordered AS from my isolation hospital bed- my leukemia had returned.

You should probably tell the dog to stop smoking cigars around you.

#903 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm really glad to see people putting the HD plates and other bracing in. If Stern won't do it we'll do it ourselves.

Problem is, we shouldn't have to.

#950 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Yep! Right out of the box, you can see the keys still on the shooter. Here is the other side, not as bad... all sides are split. I can see it in the decal already.
    I usually work on these things and set screwdrivers and such in the bottom of the cab. I wonder if that extra weight will cause the bottom to fall out of this machine!!?
    The game is light though!

That first picture is an instant classic: a f--ked up corner right next to the "QC" stamp.

1 month later
    #1596 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I miss people that actually know what they're talking about.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.