IMG_2258 (resized).JPG
IMG_0920 (resized).JPG
IMG_0919 (resized).JPG
IMG_0916 (resized).JPG
IMG_0915 (resized).JPG
IMG_9781 crop (resized).jpg
6667A55E-F578-47D3-B31B-7D9D151DCDD9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 5 years ago

^^^ +1 with what klr650 said. The "Lights Extra Ball Lane" is specific to the orange insert, just like the "Scores Special" is specific to the red insert.

2 weeks later
#259 5 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The sounds are not right but that's because i replaced the potentiometers and they are now at different settings. I will have to figure out a way to possibly adjust later to get it sounding right.

It's looking real slick!

To set the tones on your SB100 sound board so the melodies are in tune, try this:
Open this online piano keyboard:
http://piano-player.info/

The following keys are the original high pitch tones the SB100 Rev-A board was tuned to:

Keep hitting a 10 point score and adjust the R2 pot on the sound board until the frequency matches the white piano key 38 (note C6) [1047Hz]

Keep hitting a 100 point score and adjust the R13 pot on the sound board until the frequency matches the white piano key 36 (note A5) [880Hz]

Keep hitting a 1000 point score and adjust the R6 pot on the sound board until the frequency matches the white piano key 34 (note F5) [698Hz]

If you find the high pitch tones are annoying, pitch them lower. There's a Stern modification which allows the board to be pitched right down which matches the later games:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Adjusting_the_Sound_Quality_on_a_Stern_SB-100_board

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Thanks so much for this... i was wondering how to adjust this so its almost factory sounding.

Note in your video on post #257, your increment bonus sound effect isn't right - it's sound #5 in solenoid test mode. Currently you're just getting a high pitch tone. Check out this YouTube video when the bonus increments and you'll see what I mean. This effect is not controlled by the pots. On the SB100 sound board it's enabled when pin 9 of U4 pulses high and the effect is generated by U19 (556 timer chip).

#276 5 years ago

In your video on post #257, the 5 bank drop target does take an eternity to reset. Did you notice when you manually dropped some of those targets they scored 1000 points instead of 500 points? Maybe those drop target switches need a good clean, or you have a switch matrix issue. BTW that video I linked is not mine.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Another gent on another topic also confirmed a while ago that his drops also do not score the 500 each as noted on the plastic above but do something different.

You mean this post?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lectronamo-just-quits#post-4567805

It's happening at random times which suggests dirty switches.
In emulation those drop targets each score 500 points only, every time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lectronamo-rebuild?tu=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.