(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,379 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by BOBCADE
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbismuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#489 8 years ago

I'm a member now! I purchased an already torn down Statgate without teardown pictures :p

Thanks to QuarterGrabber though, I have 107 pictures of his teardown to help me out.

Can't wait to get this machine going.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#518 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

This is what can happen on a Saturday when you have nothing else going on. Stripped and now time to clean, polish and order LED's and put back together.P1120691.JPG P1120692.JPG

Do you have any pics of the teardown you could share?

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Was 107 hi res pics not enough? I think I might have more if you need them, lol

Ha! I'm not sure yet. Just being overly cautious. I started cleaning up the ramps with a Dremel today. It's amazing what a little wire brushing can do! I'm waiting on a scanner to arrive to fix up some wear spots on the playfield. I'll probably start putting it together later next week.

#529 8 years ago

I realize that it's a large favor. Could someone please take a close up picture of the clock readout "2:45" that's on the bomb by the pyramid? I am cleaning up this area in photoshop and hope to make a decal. I can't find a nice, clear picture of this clock. Thanks.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

This is the best I can do. The glossy playfield was causing flash reflections if I took the picture any more towards the zenith. Hope this helps!
20150926_195542.jpg

Thanks! I already spent the day faking it. These are just test prints and there's some tweaking to do. I've never done anything like this. So, I'm learning as I go. Ignore the bad color match. I'm using crumby scrap paper. image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 weeks later
#568 8 years ago

Does anyone have a rubber parts list? I have so many spare rubbers from buying kits. I'd rather just buy what I need. Judging by Google images, the list appears to be a well kept secret.

#572 8 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!

#573 8 years ago

I'm having trouble figuring out which resistors are in the light box. The manual says 3.3 ohm 7 watt, but the color code on the ones present in the machine are nothing like that. Admittedly, I'm a novice at reading resistor codes. Anybody know more about this?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey Bbismuth, I looked at mine and took a pic for you. Mine are 3.3 Ohm resistors, (Orange, Orange, Gold, Gold). Looks like you have slightly different ones in there. If yours are Orange, Yellow, Gold, Gold, that would make them 3.4 Ohm, so I think it's probably fine.
If you want to order some 3.3 ones, here is the ones at Digi-Key I would personally buy.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/RWM06223R30JA15E1/RWMB-3.3CT-ND/1587938
Hope this helps!
backbox_resistors.jpg

You rock! Thanks

1 week later
#581 8 years ago

I purchased the digi key resistors you linked to. They aren't banded like the originals. Is that correct?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#583 8 years ago

Check out this charred spot under the playfield! Is there anyway I can make sure this doesn't happen again?image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 week later
#587 8 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

Can you take a photo of where exactly this part is on the board?
As I too am having problems with my shooter lane auto launch.
Thanks

My auto launch only worked if I pulled the shooter tip back a bit, so I put some post rubbers on the shaft to keep the rod pulled out more. It's a bit of a hack, but it works now.

#588 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Both wizards, same game. Now if only my U8 chip would show up so I can tell what score I got.

Also, how do you start Sandstorm mode?

1 week later
#594 8 years ago

My DMD shows random garbage during some animations when I first turn it on. After 10 mins it works perfectly. Any ideas?

#597 8 years ago

I have tried that. No luck. I'm just wondering what 10 mins of operation does to fix the issue. Cold solder somewhere? Does something on the high voltage section of the display driver board need replacing or reheated?

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what ROM are you running? Make sure you are on the most recent.
Also ribbon cables (as pin0muncher says, check when game is off as GTBs dont like you messing with stuff when on)

I don't have the most recent Roms. I was putting that off, but I may just have to bite the bullet and buy them.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

That looks really nice, did mine about a year ago including gold plating all the ramps. wireforms and pyramid and painting the models. Great game, had it for years, I almost sold it a while ago but played a couple of "last" games on it and just couldn't do it!
1.JPG
2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

The painted figurines look great! I'm going to try that.

11 months later
#744 7 years ago

Hold both flipper buttons in before you launch the ball, and you won't hear "Shoot the Pyramid" or "Up the Middle" for that game. If playing multiplayer, each person has to do it to cancel the call outs for their game.

Quoted from Brent1955:

Hi Stargaters,
I just bought a Stargate in very good conditions from Chad in the LA area. It will be arriving in all it's glory on Wednesday. It's a straight machine, doesn't appear to have any LED's, mods or upgrades. So, is there anything that should be check right away before I do something I would regret? Is there any ground issues with this version of The Gottlieb boards?
Having read though the previous posts, I am interested in ridding the world of "shoot the pyramid" so, if anyone can help with the eprom's send me a PM and I do my part to banish this phrase from the Stargate universe.
I'll give the resistors and other components a thorough going over once I get the legs under it. Looking forward to contributing to the conversation. I have a friend with a 3d printer, how much beer will it take to get him to make a star gate?

3 weeks later
#748 7 years ago

How far left and right does your glider move? If it has limited range because it is sitting too low on the motor shaft, it can't activate the side to side switch. This switch must activate or the glider won't come out.

That may not be your issue. That's just what happened to me, and it took me forever to figure out.

My two misconceptions were that the left-right switch had nothing to do with it extending, and that the glider cans be adjusted to sit higher on the motor shaft.

Quoted from converge:

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has experienced the glider not coming out during gameplay but you can hear the motor running when activated?
I have replaced the 2 switches (motor stop and motor right) and in test mode when i leave the glider extended and to the left, I power off and turn it on and press play and the glider moves left and right and retracts back into the pyramid, but won't come out during gameplay.
Thoughts, on what I can try next?

2 weeks later
#758 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

can stargate be put on free play? i was fiddling with it last night but couldn't figure it out..

You have to turn tournament mode on. It's a toggle switch. The menu will then change allowing for a freeplay option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbismuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid?tu=bbismuth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.