(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg
20240306_183518 (resized).jpg
2024-01-04 18.36.14 (resized).jpg
20231206_172809 (resized).jpg
20231208_085055 (resized).jpg
20231208_085047 (resized).jpg

There are 2,360 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 48.
#601 8 years ago

Damned

Thought I would join the club today but when the guy showed up with the stargate pin it wasn't what he promised. Promised was dirty but playfield good and not damaged. I guess he needs new glasses as my God, it was a mess. Totally rusted siderails, damaged playfield at kickback and pyramid at least, rusted ramps, backbox wood swollen from humidity real pitty, was supposed to be my first gotlieb

So I had to sent him home and no pin. The search continues. Apparently a gotrlieb with an undamaged playfield ain't easy to find

#602 8 years ago

Thanks for the pics I found a few remains of some rubbers in the bottom of the cab plus sone extra balls that had been stuck there for a while. I'm going to get the side rails and legs/lockbar powder coated black as they are trashed at the moment, playfield is good but the top coat has a lot of cracking and the Mylar needs a polish will get some pics up when it's all sorted it's working 100% at the minute can only get 400mil on hard settings

#603 8 years ago

Nothing worse than getting excited then it turns out to be rubbish, keep on looking, I replaced the rope light on mine tonight as all the bulbs were out

image.jpgimage.jpg

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Dang, those are some shiny ball guides

All hand polished too. I am very happy on how they turned out. Here are a couple more pics. The 1 at the end is when I got it fully back together minus the flippers. This thing cleaned up awesome. I love to play this game is a lot of fun.P1120707.JPGP1120707.JPG

P1120727.JPGP1120727.JPGP1120720.JPGP1120720.JPGP1120718.JPGP1120718.JPGP1120779.JPGP1120779.JPG

#605 8 years ago

That looks really nice, did mine about a year ago including gold plating all the ramps. wireforms and pyramid and painting the models. Great game, had it for years, I almost sold it a while ago but played a couple of "last" games on it and just couldn't do it!

1.JPG1.JPG

2.JPG2.JPG3.JPG3.JPG4.JPG4.JPG5.JPG5.JPG6.JPG6.JPG7.JPG7.JPG

#606 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

That looks really nice, did mine about a year ago including gold plating all the ramps. wireforms and pyramid and painting the models. Great game, had it for years, I almost sold it a while ago but played a couple of "last" games on it and just couldn't do it!
1.JPG
2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

Very Nice. I love this game it has a lot to offer. I don't know why people don't like system 3's they are a lot of fun. They are also built like tanks.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

I don't know why people don't like system 3's they are a lot of fun. They are also built like tanks.

I agree. I was playing with BadBrick last night and I made the comment that I'd rather have a Stargate than a TOTAN.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

1.JPG
2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

The painted figurines look great! I'm going to try that.

#609 8 years ago

Thats cool guys...i gotta paint the figures now after seeing these.. did abit of yellow on my stargate..bit risky but i think it turned out ok?

20151109_183043.jpg20151109_183043.jpg

20151109_175007.jpg20151109_175007.jpg

20151109_174942.jpg20151109_174942.jpg

20151109_182903.jpg20151109_182903.jpg

20151109_174053.jpg20151109_174053.jpg

20151109_183132.jpg20151109_183132.jpg

#610 8 years ago

I think it looks neat, very unique too. It's got that shade of yellow in the cab art so I think it matches well.

#611 8 years ago

Any body know someone who is making the Pin Blades for this pin yet?

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRobert:

Any body know someone who is making the Pin Blades for this pin yet?

No one making pinblades for Stargate yet But I was going to throw these in it. I think they would look good in Stargate.

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/a10b85de-5a96-6aec-313e-54e544971c1a

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No one making pinblades for Stargate yet But I was going to throw these in it. I think they would look good in Stargate.
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/a10b85de-5a96-6aec-313e-54e544971c1a

Those look pretty good.

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Those look pretty good.

Yeah I figure they match the outside cab artwork pretty well.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#615 8 years ago

I agree those tie in with the artwork well.

1 week later
#616 8 years ago

Never a game has kicked my ass more than this one. Great game, not a flowy one but so challenging.
Would like to know if your game is set in factory adjustments? What are The best adjustments that is allowed to do? I find some mods unbalanced.
I have also a little problem with locking ball properly in the sarcophage and in the trade Quartz. Have you had this problem and if yes How did you fix it?
Thanks

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Never a game has kicked my ass more than this one. Great game, not a flowy one but so challenging.
Would like to know if your game is set in factory adjustments? What are The best adjustments that is allowed to do? I find some mods unbalanced.
I have also a little problem with locking ball properly in the sarcophage and in the trade Quartz. Have you had this problem and if yes How did you fix it?
Thanks

I had this problem when I bought my game. Then I bought and installed a new full white rubber set and found out the knob that owned it before me put the wrong rubbers back there. He put three single rubbers on the star posts and it is suppose to be one big rubber that goes around all three posts. Once I put the one big rubber in those two spots, never had a problem again locking balls. Hope this helps.

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I had this problem when I bought my game. Then I bought and installed a new full white rubber set and found out the knob that owned it before me put the wrong rubbers back there. He put three single rubbers on the star posts and it is suppose to be one big rubber that goes around all three posts. Once I put the one big rubber in those two spots, never had a problem again locking balls. Hope this helps.

I Will Tell you
Thanks

2 weeks later
#619 8 years ago

Fitted my Stargate with a 3ft LED stripe as the original light tube had burned, this mod is really cool, i do have a videoclip too but im unsure how to upload it. But you can check out the pics. the stripe is powered by the service socket i have inside the coindoor on my machine. Hope you guys like it

20151223_170719_(resized).jpg20151223_170719_(resized).jpg

20151223_154657_(resized).jpg20151223_154657_(resized).jpg

20151223_154525_(resized).jpg20151223_154525_(resized).jpg

20151223_154515_(resized).jpg20151223_154515_(resized).jpg

20151223_154435_(resized).jpg20151223_154435_(resized).jpg

20151223_163453_(resized).jpg20151223_163453_(resized).jpg

#620 8 years ago

Hello everyone, I just received Stargate as my first pin from an auction so I'm going to try to do what I can to restore it. I found most of the parts I know I need but are still looking for the golden pyramid (was completely missing) pyramid shield 31239 and the shooter gauge plastic that was broken, 27980-742.

Anyone happen to run across anyone parting one out as I can't seem to find these parts online. I'm excited to see if I can get my machine going since viewing some of your posts and pictures!

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from DamianEX:

Hello everyone, I just received Stargate as my first pin from an auction so I'm going to try to do what I can to restore it. I found most of the parts I know I need but are still looking for the golden pyramid (was completely missing) pyramid shield 31239 and the shooter gauge plastic that was broken, 27980-742.
Anyone happen to run across anyone parting one out as I can't seem to find these parts online. I'm excited to see if I can get my machine going since viewing some of your posts and pictures!

You can find everything you need here.

http://www.pbresource.com/Stargate.html

Even if his website says he doesn't have it, he does.

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from DamianEX:

If Steve has the shooter gauge plastic or any other plastic, please let us know!

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

If Steve has the shooter gauge plastic or any other plastic, please let us know!

OH I didn't realize you needed plastics too. Yeah, star gate plastics are impossible to find.

1 week later
#624 8 years ago

Just joined this awesome club! What a great pin. Im looking for sling plastics mine are broke any help would be appreciated.

#625 8 years ago

So heres a few pics of my new stargate. I will still do a full breakdown but I couldnt help myself painting a few of the awesome toys on this game. I also added comfort bright frosted leds in the gi from comet pinball. Im still waiting for my leds for the inserts and few other goodies. Any feed back welcome.
Harley D.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

So heres a few pics of my new stargate. I will still do a full breakdown but I couldnt help myself painting a few of the awesome toys on this game. I also added comfort bright frosted leds in the gi from comet pinball. Im still waiting for my leds for the inserts and few other goodies. Any feed back welcome.
Harley D.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I think your paint job on the toys looks AMAZING!!!! I wish I could paint mine to look like that. But I have no artistic skill

#627 8 years ago

On a side note. Anyone know where I can get the metal speaker grill inserts?? Someone painted mine black.

#628 8 years ago

Thanks bro, i just used paint pins from my local art shop. I cant believe how fun this pin is. Im assuming pb resource might have your speaker inserts. Im also looking for sling plastics with out any luck.

#629 8 years ago

Just to let the Dc area guys know. I have a very nice Stargate I'm willing to sell in the Hagerstown area. Pm me if your interested or know someone. I have to sell my house so selling my collection to downsize for the move.

Thanks,

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Thanks bro, i just used paint pins from my local art shop. I cant believe how fun this pin is. Im assuming pb resource might have your speaker inserts. Im also looking for sling plastics with out any luck.

No I tried PBR already. They don't have them

3 weeks later
#631 8 years ago

I'm a member now, with my first pin! Once I get a soldering iron and reheat some components, it should play great!

#632 8 years ago

We have a stargate now at the Ann Arbor Michigan pinball show facility, restored and ready for the May 13-15, 2016 show. We did a couple small mods. First was the new sound rom with the "shoot the pyramid" sound call disabled. Oh my gosh do i SO much like this better than the stock sound rom. Wow. We also removed the blue decals from the two gold metal ramps and left them bare. I really like that better too...

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

We have a stargate now at the Ann Arbor Michigan pinball show facility, restored and ready for the May 13-15, 2016 show. We did a couple small mods. First was the new sound rom with the "shoot the pyramid" sound call disabled. Oh my gosh do i SO much like this better than the stock sound rom. Wow. We also removed the blue decals from the two gold metal ramps and left them bare. I really like that better too...

Hi, where did you get your Rom? I didn't know there was a modified one

#634 8 years ago

What he said ⬆️

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Hi, where did you get your Rom? I didn't know there was a modified one

From me. The info is buried somewhere in this thread.

#636 8 years ago

Yes matt did the modification to the sound rom and it really really helps the game a lot. of course that's just an opinion, but it's pretty awesome. http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/roms/sgaromv2.zip

#637 8 years ago

Thanks Clay, much appreciated!

#638 8 years ago

Just got hold of a modified rom but the sound board has 2 existing roms. Does the new one replace the on in the K2 or K3 slot. Thanks in advance.

#639 8 years ago

Don't worry, sorted, I didn't realise there was an upper sound board!

#640 8 years ago

I need some help. The right flippers on my Stargate work fine during gameplay except when you reach the point where you are ask if you wish to trade your Quartz. At that point the right flipper button becomes inactive and you are unable to make the "Yes" choice. The left flipper button is active and works for making a choice of "NO". This is not the only problem with the right flipper button. It is also not working when using the diagnostic menus. The right button is used for making game adjustments. It's not working, so I am unable to make any adjustments. All the solenoids and switches checkout in solenoid and switch edge tests. I hope there is someone that has a solution. The game works and plays great otherwise. Thanks in advance.

flyfisher

#641 8 years ago

There's a board under the playfield that senses high voltage changes (like when you use the flipper button.) i forget the board's location, but it's fairly obvious which one. You have a problem there.

#642 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know which board it is and how to check the components.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

There's a board under the playfield that senses high voltage changes (like when you use the flipper button.) i forget the board's location, but it's fairly obvious when one. You have a problem there.

Thanks Clay, I will help him try and find what you are talking about. I think I have an idea.

#644 8 years ago

Hey, anyone know what the best way to slide the playfield out is? I figured someone here would know. I just can't seem to figure out how and I don't want to bend the playfield or break anything trying to do it!

#645 8 years ago

it's really tough to slide that playfield out. i usually grab the back of the playfield and give it a little lift. it's not easy to do frankly.

#646 8 years ago

It really is a PITA.I lift and sort of walk it towards me and pull at the same time.
It took me a while to figure it out and I am not sure it is the right way to do it.

#647 8 years ago

ya the slide system on this game blows

An update on the problem flyfisher was having above. It was indeed the sensor board that Clay referred to. We swapped it with the other on on the bottom the playfield and everything works great now

#648 8 years ago

I was thinking on the playfield slide to use a small grinder on the rails. The problem is, where the playfield mounts "sink", it's just too abrupt. Might try grinding that "hill" to be less aggressive, making it easier to pull the playfield forward.

#649 8 years ago

Hi everyone, new to the club. Have been wanting this title for quite some time, so excited to be here. The one I got is a little bit of a project, so I started a thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-gottlieb-stargate-system-3

Any help, advice, or encouragement is welcome!

#650 8 years ago

Has anyone else experienced this? I've noticed that every now and then, the right ramp shot will make the sound effect, so the switch is clearly working, but the game won't advance STARGATE or continue the combo if that's lit. I think it may still score points, but I'm not sure. I'm assuming it's a software issue. Anyone know what the latest version of the game is, and how I can check which version mine is using? I'm wondering if that would fix it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 2,360 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.