Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pro or LE/PREM”

• Pro is basically he same game save your $$ 74 votes
    50%
  • Gotta get the extra features worth it! 73 votes
    50%

(147 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

After playing both a pro and LE I would agree that the prem/LE feels like a pro and the pro feels like a home model.
That said the positive of SW is the fast layout and seemingly deep code. You get all that with the pro. Can't say I see the added value in the warpspeed ramp at all considering it's just a visual and is not controllable or used in some special mode.
Would go pro with this game

The premium/LE hyperspace ramp comes into play during the game. Shooting the deathstar can have multiple effects. The magnets will grab the ball sometimes during mode selection and then drop it back down the ramp. Other times it will send it around and then feed the flipper lane. During hyperspace multiball you can load balls into the loop to get a bigger multiball. I don't think the pro allows adding balls at all and is just a 2 ball hyperspace multiball. I'll agree it's subtle differences, but there is a difference already and my guess is code will make it a bit more interactive too.

As for feeling empty, it just doesn't feel that way when playing. Everything is a switch and needs to be aimed for. The outlanes, the drops, every stand up jedi target, the loops (each way on each), the ramps, the standups under the screen and even the pops (although I would like to see them). The game is packed full of shots and is coded to use them. I agree the Pro looks empty, but when playing the premium it doesn't feel empty at all to me. It feels like no matter how good of a game I have, then I could have made just one more shot in multiple places to have had a better game. Oh and then add in the multipliers and ability to move them. There is so much going on.

SW is definitely a different feeling and non traditional game, but I'm having a blast with it. I love that it's different from AS, GB and any other game out there. There seems to be a focus on playing the 'game' that is in the code. It's more than just hitting the shots on the playfield, you have to really pay attention to the mode(s) of the game to score big.

I've played some of those home pins (I keep one at the church running), and the SW pro is nothing like them.

Anyway, I think most people that get either SW is going to have a blast with it, but there will be some that just don't like it and that's fine. It's great that there are so many new games from Stern and others that we have a choice to be super picky.

#69 6 years ago

Quoted from kermit24:
2. Metal Ramps are better.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Always gotta down vote that one

Ok, maybe 'better' is a bad word to use, but I think the metal ramps are better looking at least on SW.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They really should have just added "Magna Slings" to the LE/Premium model which would have differentiated it more from the Pro but yet kept the gameplay/rules similar. Instead of ghosts throwing the ball around it would be "the Force"....

I would have liked this. I was even toying with the idea of whether this could be an addon somehow. Then again, star wars is a blast and so damn fast, magna slings may just be to hard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-vs-leprem?tu=silverballnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.