IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Is it worth it to blow my friends and others who come over to play it... Heck yeah! Everyone is invited!
It is fun to be irrational sometimes. Feels good.

You're a HELL of a host. I usually just offer guests a drink.

1 month later
#428 6 years ago

I expect it will be a long afternoon for me, waiting for 5pm.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Gotcha - I'm kind of new to the pinball community (I started buying machines about 2 years ago, and just found this site fairly recently), so I've never experienced a new release on a game I was buying. You nailed it, though. I was never close to canceling (like you said, dream theme), but man was it a bad experience coming in here from time to time and reading how terrible this game was going to be.

Pinsiders in general despise anything pinball-related.

#462 6 years ago

has anyone else had difficulty upgrading the game code?
I've tried 2 USB sticks and it's not auto-detecting anything.
Verified that the USB is FAT32, and this is the only file that I have installed on it.
Question: the file that's on the Stern website is .zip
Do you move it onto the USB as is, or double click it, to unzip it first?
Unzipped, it's an .spk file, which is what's indicated in the instructions in the backbox.

Any other thoughts? Like downloading the Premium file instead of the LE file?

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

should be 2 spk files. unzip then you load both on usb stick. 1 file will be small 1 large. picture is for Pro as example

Yep. Makes alllll the difference. Thanks so much!

#466 6 years ago

Got the new code working -thanks guys.

Really enjoying the game so far. We've only put a few games on it but it is providing an awesome initial wow fun factor.
If anyone's on the fence, my suggestion is "hang in there"!

Question for current owners: The forks that lift to the ramp under the deathstar...
I made the shot at LEAST 3 times, and solidly, I would say -but they were all rejected.
Are you having the same issue? Seems like I need to tweak it somehow.

Edit: we've hit it a couple times, but still appears to be less than perfect.
Anyone else experiencing this?

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Not sure about that white T-molding. Was that in the original pictures? Probably look awesome all black.

Yeah, the white molding was a surprise to us as well. Although it looks fine, I think I would have preferred black, if given the choice.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Same here.
Haven't figured out yet what to do. By the end of the night, we were hitting it pretty consistently. But still not perfect.

UPDATE FOR TWEAKING THE HYPERSPACE/DEATHSTAR SHOT:
(this is only for trying to make the hyper-space shot, when the forks are up)

-I was having a lot of rejects last night and this morning. The shot had to be perfect for it to work.
Played around with things this morning, and recognized that the pin had to be less steep.
At present, I think I'm at 6.4 or so and it's working near flawlessly.
Don't get too fed-up with this. Just try adjusting the height on your front legs.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But what if I LIKE it extra steep?

Honestly, i think the game needs to be setup "just right" and leaves less flexibility for specific taste, including slope.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

For those that have their LE - is the light in the death star working yet?
Anti climactic explosion on that vid with JD.

Yeah, I triggered mine through the menus to test it.
It's actually pretty cool in my opinion. I doubt it will blow anyone's mind, but I think it's cool.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

REGARDING THE DEATHSTAR SHOT ON THE LE/PREMIUM MODELS:
first of all, yes, you can backhand it -but it's REALLY tough. Probably more lucky than anything else.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY..
If your DeathStar shot (the drop ramp) is rejecting, here's what I did to fix it.
On the left side of your Death Star, and just underneath, there's a nut, holding a wire loop that secures the wire ramp.
Lift the playfield onto the rubber stoppers, and then lift the back of the playfield high enough that you can access that Death Star nut.
(Two people would be ideal as it's tough to hold the playfield up in one hand, adjust the wire loop, and tighten the nut with a nut driver all at once)
But you do just that. Because essentially the ball was launching up the fork ramp, and hitting the underside of the wire ramp. It slows down, and rejects.
Now the first time that I adjusted the height of the wire ramp, I raised it all the way. The fork ramp shot was fine, but the ball couldnt make it through the Deathstar when it went through the HyperSpace ramp/accelerator.
So I loostened off the nut a little, and lowered the wire loop, and tightened the nut again. Presto!
WOW -WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
For the first time, I was able to start the HyperSpace hurry-up, lock a ball in the accelerator, and repeat another 3 times.
Four balls shooting around, and I'm trying to get a fifth one in there...
Farkin epic pinball-ness, if I ever saw it!!!
If any of you are considering whether the LE is worth the extra cash, well -it's probably not. BUT THE PREMIUM DEFINITELY IS!!!!
(And I love my LE)
STEVE RITCHIE IS THE KING!

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Happy to have seen footage of the explosion.
Any chance LE owners can show off more video of the Hyperloop?
And crank up the volume! Curious what kind of a rush it could bring.

The hyperloop is incredible!!!

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

I wish you were a little closer Chambahz. A little too far up the 401 to see your LE.
I'd love it if you could put up a YOUTUBE video of that Hyper Loop in action please! (best if from Players point of view)
Got a deposit on a Premium currently. It's a lot of money for me. Never bought a NIB.
Just really want to make sure the upgrade from the Pro is worth it. Gotta decide before Premiums start Shipping.
I know there are many who think it is not worth it vs the BOMs.
I don't care about that. What is important is how satisfying the BIG SHOTS are. And if the Hyper Loop evokes an extra level of excitement or not.

I don't have anything worthy of taking a video (ipad is all) so a video is likely out.
Still, on a video you just cant get the excitement as it is, because you don't know how satisfying a shot feels when you make it, after missing it over... and over... and over...
I hate to suggest that you should spend your money based on my recommendation, but my buddy played this with me on Thursday night and again on Saturday and now he wants one. And he hasn't even seen the hyperspace loop at its finest.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Glad to hear Hyperloop is a big rush. It seems very rare to even activate it in vids I watch. Can you go many games and it never even gets turned on?
Also, the point of dropping upto 6 balls in the loop means more balls during MB? Or... just a funner light show. Still don't exactly know what balls do in there... we know there is no lock

It works like this: you make the shot to activate multiball mode.
That ball starts zooming around the wire form. Another ball gets launched into play. If you can add that one to the hyper speed warp ramp, then two are now whizzing around, and a third gets added to the playfield. Lather, rinse, repeat until the time runs out and all the balls are then fed to the playfield.

It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen on a pinball machine.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes it seems you load balls in hyperloop to start the MB then they come out. There isn't much else to know

Essentially correct, but that doesn't really convey any excitement.
In Aerosmith, it's cool to fill up the toy box, but in StarWars, it's a timed mode to add as many as you can. Meanwhile, the balls flying around that ramp, the music, and the lights, all get you heart racing, trying to make the toughest shot in the game as many times as possible, before a multiball starts.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I figured out Tie Foghter Multiball but still struggling to figure out the flow for Hyperdrive multiball.

Do you mean how to qualify/start it?

Complete the 4 inlane targets. That lights 2 yellow inserts: 1 on the left loop, and 1 on the right ramp. Shoot either, and the countdown timer begins for you to make the Deathstar/Hyperspace shot. You need 2 (I believe) completions to begin the multiball.
When it begins, focus on trying to get as many shots into the hyperdrive as possible before the multiball begins, when the balls drain out of the wire ramp.

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Believe it or not but I am still hanging in. I haven't had to make a final commitment but today just arrive my AFMLE and TWD so I am leaning heavily toward dropping out.
I think and hope it will be a great game and that I will want a pro or premium later but the LE likely just isn't worth it on this one. Although I do keep trying to convince myself it is!

So far, I love the game -and as I get to understand each of the modes, even more so.
So glad I splurged and got an LE.
But if I were in your shoes, and given that the Premiums will be rolling out soon, why not wait and save the dough?

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Oh great, you just ruined the match sequence for me!... I'm going to have to turn it off now.....
Also, my game is going to be here in an hour.
Rob

38 minutes to go and counting!!!!
Hope you've got the box cutters ready.

#678 6 years ago

I've been around long enough to have experienced "new game syndrome" and witnessed threads of owners gushing over their new game (no matter what the title) -and maybe it's just because of the serious negativity on Star Wars before the game was finally launched but...
I REALLY love this game. I don't think it's missing a thing and I'm stoked to see what's planned next.
We have yet to see Lightsaber Battle, Midnight Multiball, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more modes/planet final modes get some love.

For those of you just getting into the game, I hope you'll find as I did that once you get to know the shots required for certain modes, that you'll start moving those multipliers over. It's not rocket-science, or calculus as I originally expected... it's just "move them here cause I'm about to blow sh!t up and I'm cashing in!!!!"

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I totally get this. I have only played the Pro, but I watched the Dead Flip and the flow and intensity of gameplay on the LE looks incredible. Elwin had so much going on at one point and put so many shots together my mind was blown, and yet it flowed together in an intense and smooth way. It's difficult to get a playfield to maintain that level of energy, and the hyper loop is just insane, visually. I can't wait to give the LE/Pre a try. Rules are a little confusing but I'm learning...

Funny cause after a watched that Deadflip video I felt like cancelling my order.
Seemed to me that the features weren't usd much and seemed lacklustre. Glad I stuck it out, obviously!

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have my game playing perfectly. Hyperloop shot works perfect, the kick out doesn't send any straight down the middle...this game is TONS of fun.
The LE theme fits the game perfectly.
Pinside: What a piece of junk.
This game may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. Steve Ritchie made a lot of special modifications himself.

Hey, hey! Let's not forget Dwight's coding! But have to agree on all comments otherwise.

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the LE translate as bad in person as everyone is making out? I actually like it - less like the "best of" mash up compared to the other 2 translites. Suits the white t-molding better.

I decided to keep the LE translite on mine.

#725 6 years ago

Guess who destroyed the Death Star for the first time this afternoon?

THIS GUY!!!!!

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The hyperloop is impressive, almost everyone seeing it says so. However, is it the worth the money, opinion is divided? I'd be interested in a premium, if it was incorporated more often.

I love my LE, but can't justify the extra price to others. However, I think the Hyperspeed loop is the most satisfying shot in the game. The Hyperspace multiball is obviously where it's used the most, but you still have to make the shot twice to qualify that mode so the shot comes into play often enough, in my opinion.

I honestly find this mechanism to be one of the best toys on any pinball machine I've played.
I liked the lower playfield on ACDC, but after awhile it lost its allure.
The hammer on Met is awesome, but it's kind of a one trick pony. It hits the ball, and poof, it's done.
The toy box on Aerosmith is great, but the hyper loop is like a timed version of that only the bal(s) races around the loop in plain site while you'll qualifying more balls. Way more exciting than locking them away into the toy box.

I think you really need to get some games in on a SWLE to see for yourself. Who knows... You may experience everything I've described and just think "meh".

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

First moment of extreme frustration - I'm going for the kill shot to destroy the death star and finally see this little egg pop open and light up, I line up my shot, shoot the death star shot and a half second before that, two other balls collide and send one up the hoth shot. the ramp immediately drops as my ball is going up and my shot is rejected. no destroy the death star, no victory multiball, just a bad taste in my mouth.

If anyone's experiencing rejects like this on the fork/deathstar ramp shot, lemme know, or look for my previous explanation.
Easy fix.

2 weeks later
#933 6 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

#708 just arrived (FINALLY!) and we are loving it!!!

No you aren't. The game is empty. Stern cheaped-out and dropped the ball on this one.
I know, because I read it on Pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.