• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg
82790820_1220950488107934_7391565646137393152_n (resized).jpg
81559856_3121942514696867_3985339418549420032_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8375 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 168.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Definitely a code issue. Last code you could hit the Hoth loop as fast as possible and the single large post would always(95% or better) catch the ball but now it just bounces off the double posts and rejects past the large post before it can stop the ball way to much. This is how 2 or 3 codes ago acted also so whatever they did after .87 code messed it up.

I sent a bug message to software@sternpinball.com

#952 2 years ago

Ive sent them many many emails since ive received my game with all the bugs ive encountered, there basicly on speed dial.

#953 2 years ago

LE code. .89 had rejects on the hoth shot too. The metal rails don't always stay up to hold the ball for a mode start too.

Also the rescue outlane will be lit and gate will be closed. No ball save.

Also had a tie fighter hurry up not register hits to the tie fighter stand up and the game went into ball search during play while making shots. No response on drain. Eventually it went to end of ball bonus.

#954 2 years ago

Star wars is my first Stern, is there anyway to retain settings/high score when updating the code? I have done full and update with the same results. Thanks.

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from killedkrieger:

Star wars is my first Stern, is there anyway to retain settings/high score when updating the code? I have done full and update with the same results. Thanks.

No. When you update, scores reset.

#956 2 years ago

I am planning on a Feb/March purchase of a premium. I am thinking the issues will be worked out by then.

#957 2 years ago

My friend Joe received his Star Wars LE and allowed me to help him unbox it. While unboxing the game I shot a video documenting the playfield, playfield toys, and gameplay.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-le-unboxing-and-video-review/

Video Post :

Starwars LE (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg

12 (resized).jpg

7 (resized).jpg

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

My friend Joe received his Star Wars LE and allowed me to help him unbox it. While unboxing the game I shot a video documenting the playfield, playfield toys, and gameplay.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-le-unboxing-and-video-review/
Video Post :
» YouTube video

...and it's a great video, buddy! Nice job!

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Blog Post :
Video Post :
» YouTube video

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and it's a great video, buddy! Nice job!

Thanks man appreciate it.

#961 2 years ago

I have played about 40 games on my SWLE so far. Here are items I find annoying and/or needing fixed:

1. Right VUK throws the ball at the very tip of left flipper or SDTM about 50% of the time. Not sure how to fix it.
2. About 10% of the time when I get a right drain and the "May The Force Be With You" ball save arm saves the ball the game puts an additional ball into play as well putting two balls on the playfield.
3. Death Star shot is too difficult in my opinion. I am an above average player and have a hard time hitting it. Sometimes I hit it and do not get enough velocity to fully climb into the Death Star. I have the game set between the two center black marks on the level and the playfield is laterally level as well. I set the coil power to "hard" assuming this increases the flipper strength as well and it appears to make no difference.

The Right VUK is the most annoying!

#962 2 years ago

Set the mystery hole kick out parameter to 15 and backhand the deathstar shot, that works better for me.

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Set the mystery hole kick out parameter to 15 and backhand the deathstar shot, that works better for me.

I missed that setting in the service portal. Is it under SW settings or Stern settings and which number?

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

You can get a backhand up that Death Star ramp on a LE? I gave up yesterday as I didn't think it was possible.

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can get a backhand up that Death Star ramp on a LE? I gave up yesterday as I didn't think it was possible.

I still have not been able to do it, but there's video posted in another thread showing its possible.

#966 2 years ago

So I'm not reading all 20 pages of this thread and the other SWs threads...can someone tell me if its worth buying the Premium in its current condition/code? Those that have bought it, anyone wishing they had gone with something else?

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I apologize. I have a pro and backhand the death star shot all the time. Did not realize that the LE had a ramp there instead of a loop. Don't know if that is possible with a back hand shot.

#968 2 years ago

REGARDING THE DEATHSTAR SHOT ON THE LE/PREMIUM MODELS:

first of all, yes, you can backhand it -but it's REALLY tough. Probably more lucky than anything else.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY..

If your DeathStar shot (the drop ramp) is rejecting, here's what I did to fix it.
On the left side of your Death Star, and just underneath, there's a nut, holding a wire loop that secures the wire ramp.
Lift the playfield onto the rubber stoppers, and then lift the back of the playfield high enough that you can access that Death Star nut.
(Two people would be ideal as it's tough to hold the playfield up in one hand, adjust the wire loop, and tighten the nut with a nut driver all at once)
But you do just that. Because essentially the ball was launching up the fork ramp, and hitting the underside of the wire ramp. It slows down, and rejects.
Now the first time that I adjusted the height of the wire ramp, I raised it all the way. The fork ramp shot was fine, but the ball couldnt make it through the Deathstar when it went through the HyperSpace ramp/accelerator.
So I loostened off the nut a little, and lowered the wire loop, and tightened the nut again. Presto!
WOW -WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
For the first time, I was able to start the HyperSpace hurry-up, lock a ball in the accelerator, and repeat another 3 times.
Four balls shooting around, and I'm trying to get a fifth one in there...
Farkin epic pinball-ness, if I ever saw it!!!

If any of you are considering whether the LE is worth the extra cash, well -it's probably not. BUT THE PREMIUM DEFINITELY IS!!!!
(And I love my LE)

STEVE RITCHIE IS THE KING!

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

REGARDING THE DEATHSTAR SHOT ON THE LE/PREMIUM MODELS:
first of all, yes, you can backhand it -but it's REALLY tough. Probably more lucky than anything else.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY..
If your DeathStar shot (the drop ramp) is rejecting, here's what I did to fix it.
On the left side of your Death Star, and just underneath, there's a nut, holding a wire loop that secures the wire ramp.
Lift the playfield onto the rubber stoppers, and then lift the back of the playfield high enough that you can access that Death Star nut.
(Two people would be ideal as it's tough to hold the playfield up in one hand, adjust the wire loop, and tighten the nut with a nut driver all at once)
But you do just that. Because essentially the ball was launching up the fork ramp, and hitting the underside of the wire ramp. It slows down, and rejects.
Now the first time that I adjusted the height of the wire ramp, I raised it all the way. The fork ramp shot was fine, but the ball couldnt make it through the Deathstar when it went through the HyperSpace ramp/accelerator.
So I loostened off the nut a little, and lowered the wire loop, and tightened the nut again. Presto!
WOW -WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
For the first time, I was able to start the HyperSpace hurry-up, lock a ball in the accelerator, and repeat another 3 times.
Four balls shooting around, and I'm trying to get a fifth one in there...
Farkin epic pinball-ness, if I ever saw it!!!
If any of you are considering whether the LE is worth the extra cash, well -it's probably not. BUT THE PREMIUM DEFINITELY IS!!!!
(And I love my LE)
STEVE RITCHIE IS THE KING!

Can you please post a video of the accelerator in action with several balls going around? Thank you.

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Can you please post a video of the accelerator in action with several balls going around? Thank you.

3 balls.

Rob

#971 2 years ago

Nice to see the balls whizzing around in your video Rob_G. That certainly answers the concern about whether the balls will have enough speed. It appears difficult for the player to be able to see the balls, much less to follow one with so many lights blinking on the playfield. What's the general feeling about the hyper-loop? I'm in the nice to have but it doesn't do much camp. I'll give it a meh rating for now. If I had the money to buy a nib SW, it would be a SW pro.

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nice to see the balls whizzing around in your video Rob_G. That certainly answers the concern about whether the balls will have enough speed. It appears difficult for the player to be able to see the balls, much less to follow one with so many lights blinking on the playfield. What's the general feeling about the hyper-loop? I'm in the nice to have but it doesn't do much camp. I'll give it a meh rating for now. If I had the money to buy a nib SW, it would be a SW pro.

I expect that you'll love the Pro model (the modes are fantastic, backed up by the lcd displaying various clips), but in my opinion, the Hyperspeed shot is the most satisfying shot on the playfield. Hyper speed hurry up modes to get the multiball is outstanding!
If you're not dumb enough to spring for an LE, I would suggest waiting to play one at least, and then consider a Premium version.

#973 2 years ago

What is the purpose of the hyperspeed loop? Is it just an effect with the balls looping leading up to the destruction of the death star? Is there some imagery behind it?

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What is the purpose of the hyperspeed loop? Is it just an effect with the balls looping leading up to the destruction of the death star? Is there some imagery behind it?

It lights when a hyper space hurry up is running. Collect the hurry up at the Death Star shot. Then the ball flies around and around while the game shows the animation and score of the collect.

At the start of the hyperspace multiball, the ball stays in the loop for a period of time to lets you add more balls if you can.

It is also involved in destroying the Death Star but haven't done this yet.

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Complete the in lane targets (like F-I-R-E on ACDC), and the left loop and right ramp will light up with a yellow insert.
Shoot either one, and you have a hurry-up to make the fork ramp/Deathstar shot.
Complete a second time and the first hyperspace multiball mode begins.
As I understand it, to repeat on. The same game, you would need to make that hurry up three times in order to begin another multiball.

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It lights when a hyper space hurry up is running. Collect the hurry up at the Death Star shot. Then the ball flies around and around while the game shows the animation and score of the collect.
At the start of the hyperspace multiball, the ball stays in the loop for a period of time to lets you add more balls if you can.
It is also involved in destroying the Death Star but haven't done this yet.

Somehow I think it just means more balls in play and doesn't contribute a lot to scoring. It does reset/increase the hurry up value a bit though when a new ball is loaded.

Rob

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From what I could tell if I wanted to play against boba fett easier, choose Han. If I wanted to advance ranks easier choose luke. Didn't see the immediate change in the modes for Leia, and if you want to keep those multipliers on multiple shots, choose R2.

Would you say SW is a labyrinthine system (i mean to understand rules and subtleties)? Is it at least fun to play?

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Would you say SW is a labyrinthine system (i mean to understand rules and subtleties)? Is it at least fun to play?

Great fun. Don't need to understand it to have fun. But it's very complex. GOT to the next level.

#979 2 years ago

Is it at least fun to play?

Good lord, how did we get here

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

OK, after spending 1 hour trying to find the "Mystery Hole Kick Out" in the service portal (Right kickout VUK) I finally got out the manual. The manual has the right VUK (Mystery Hole) properly labeled as "Right Eject"; however, the service portal has it listed as "Left Eject" Once I realized they labeled it wrong in the portal I was able to adjust it correctly. It is frustrating when mistakes like this are made. I also adjusted the wire ramp through the Star to make the Fork Ramp shot properly place. Everything now working fine. I still find it easier to backhand the Death Star shot.

Also, now have a right flipper EOS error. How do you test the EOS switches?

#981 2 years ago

20170821_205243 (resized).jpg

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Also, now have a right flipper EOS error. How do you test the EOS switches?

Switch test. Press the flipper button. If it's like the earlier spike games, should see the flipper cabinet switch when you press the button, then EOS switch after you release.

#983 2 years ago

I also adjusted the wire ramp through the Star to make the Fork Ramp shot properly place. Everything now working fine.

That's awesome. Glad to hear its working 100% now.
That shot cannot be "off", or it's too frustrating. Making clinch shots and they don't register?
Not on my watch!

#984 2 years ago

I've tripped across this maybe-a-bug twice on the new code, i am about 50 games in on the latest version. I am not sure the exact steps to repeat, but in code .89 on the pro... it seems having two mini wizard modes at once, like Battle over Endor, and Destroy the Death Star, in two different games I've stacked other multiballs during those split mini wizard modes (like Tie Fighter and/or Hyper Drive) and then some interesting things end up happening.

The double posts and the upper loop post end up going up at some point in all the craziness (usually i end up getting all 6 balls in play using the add-a-ball), because it thinks a ball is trapped in there, but there is no ball in there (timing of the posts rising must have just missed it). Then one of the balls from my multiball ends up going in the right mystery scoop, and it doesn't realize its in the scoop, so doesn't spit it out.

At some point i am down to one ball left, basically i can't shoot the loop shots (because there is no captive ball to trigger the opto to drop the posts), and it doesn't want to spit the mystery scoop ball out either. I ultimately end up draining the one ball I still have control of and then the loop posts drop, which then ends my mini wizard and multiball modes. Then I wait for ball search to release the mystery scoop ball, and everything goes back to normal single ball game play. I'm pretty positive there is no switch problem in my scoop, since ive shot it in there a hundred times in other non stacked multi balls and regular play and never had a problem. Ive stacked mini wizard modes with the other multiballs lots, and it doesn't always happen, but there is some combination of things happening to get this bug and both times its happened it was during the crazy stacked multi balls.

I am thinking the false/phantom ball trapped in the loop maybe is causing the mystery scoop problem . Perhaps the game is keeping count of where the balls are and is counting a certain number in the trough, and then assuming there is a ball in the loop, plus the ball that is still in control hitting various things and doesn't fire the right scoop as a result. I'll keep trying to reproduce this one, but just thought i'd mention it here in case someone else has noticed something similar.

Both of these games I blew up the score pretty crazy. 1st game where it happened was 6.9 billion, and my other game was like 4+ billion.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good lord, how did we get here

I was asking for myself. Too much complexity is sometimes killing my pleasure to play.

As I don't want to find the repetitivity of ST (coz of similar modes), I don't want to find too the complexity of Woz with his organizational chart of rules sheet. I am just a casual player and I need to get in the heart of the game quicker than a woz.

#986 2 years ago

I was asking for myself. Too much complexity is sometimes killing my pleasure to play.
As I don't want to find the repetitivity of ST (coz of similar modes), I don't want to find too the complexity of Woz with his organizational chart of rules sheet. I am just a casual player and I need to get in the heart of the game quicker than a woz.

It's like anything else, either you'll like it or you won't; no one else can tell you.
As many of us have said over and over the complexity of multipliers can be ignored and you can just have fun playing the modes.

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's like anything else, either you'll like it or you won't; no one else can tell you. As many of us have said over and over the complexity of multipliers can be ignored and you can just have fun playing the modes.

Agreed that there's no need to worry about the multipliers in SW if you're not sweating score and just want to have fun and advance through the modes. That said, looking at the colonel's collection, he doesn't have any early SS games on the go. If he prefers simple, straightforward gameplay, adding a few mid-80s classics for the price of one Stern Pro might not be a bad idea.

#988 2 years ago

Does anyone know of a list of settings available for the game? The manual online only lists the standard options, no game-specific. Or could someone just take a quick video of them flipping through them all so I can read them?

#989 2 years ago

What are the R2D2 settings for in the service portal? Is there a topper or other playfield toy coming?

#990 2 years ago

What are the R2D2 settings for in the service portal? Is there a topper or other playfield toy coming?

It is believed to be a topper yes.

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It is believed to be a topper yes.

Shouldn't be too much longer until they reveal it.
I'm hoping they knock it out of the park like the GOT topper and we don't just end up with something that is like R2D2 on the Data East Starwars.

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed that there's no need to worry about the multipliers in SW if you're not sweating score and just want to have fun and advance through the modes. That said, looking at the colonel's collection, he doesn't have any early SS games on the go. If he prefers simple, straightforward gameplay, adding a few mid-80s classics for the price of one Stern Pro might not be a bad idea.

Early games are not my era games, too much simple.
My fave game is TWD (the gameplay is just brilliant) ...trading my ST ( find it too much repetitive) with Met is in progress, and i am on the fence between Star Wars Premium and AS Pro (that I tried and I like it)
I don't like long and complex gameplay like Woz and so long ball time. I like fast, fun and challenging game, stacking MB and an immersive atmosphere. So I think SW will be fine. I was just afraid that SW modes which are numerous were too much similar with shooting the same shots (like I do on ST).

I also would like to understand how works the hyperloop.

#993 2 years ago

think there might be a projector on r2d2 topper!!
hope its cool and so.

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Shouldn't be too much longer until they reveal it.
I'm hoping they knock it out of the park like the GOT topper and we don't just end up with something that is like R2D2 on the Data East Starwars.

You will be pleased.

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know you, but I hate you.
Actually, I was supposed to get it Tuesday, but I'm away. So the 28th is delivery day for me.

Well, after a couple days of shipping screw ups, looks like you'll get yours first after all. They're currently predicting then 29th.

#996 2 years ago

would be so cool with hologram with "General Kenobi. Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars. . . . . " on the topper

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Well, after a couple days of shipping screw ups, looks like you'll get yours first after all. They're currently predicting then 29th.

Mine will be forked by some momo at the warehouse, don't worry.

#998 2 years ago

Have they said if the projection would be video, I was kinda figuring it would be like the batman projector and just project the star wars logo. If they use video that would be...

#999 2 years ago

LE in today!!!
Happy to be in the club. Got a long way to go to figure this one out, so I turned off the stacking to help lessen the chaos...

20170817_174128 (resized).jpg

20170822_201026 (resized).jpg

20170822_201013 (resized).jpg

20170822_201036 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
There are 8375 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside