IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder if Stern would really dedicate 2/3 - 3/4 of their line space to churning out old titles when they've no doubt got a nice stack of orders for their new game, SW, that they want to ship before people change their minds. If you were Stern, wouldn't you want to bang out the LEs (all of which are already sold to distributors) and get Premiums and Pros shipping while the game is still hot?
My understanding is that once Stern starts making LEs, they'll finish all 800 before making any Premiums (not sure if they slip more Pros into the production line at various times, or do a bunch after the LEs but before the Premiums). One or two Premium buyers have reported hearing from their distributors that Premiums will start shipping within a few weeks. Which would suggest that Stern should be wrapping up the LEs in early/mid August.

I'm not sure what # the LE is currently at, but I know our premium is shipping this week.

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I am passing on SWLE,I just don't see the value in the ramp and kinder egg extra's.
Over 4000.00 difference from pro to LE here in Canada.
I played a lot of the pro and not impressed with that one.
See what happens with the Premium.

well if the pro did not work for you, do not expect the Prem or LE to increase your liking of the game. It will not/ If you do not like the Pro Avoid this title all together / Truth

#753 6 years ago

# on my LE is 673 I believe.

I'd say they are "closed" to finishing the 800 LE run.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Any idea what # we're up to in the SWLE production run? I still haven't got mine, and trying to see if they are still being built or not.. or how far we are along in the run.

I'm in the same boat as u. I'm hoping to get #800 now. Hahahaha

#755 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure they don't build them in numbered order, so who knows how many are truly left.

#756 6 years ago

My premium should be at the distributor tomorrow if all goes well and my house tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning. If the LEs aren't done, then they have fired up a premium line.

#757 6 years ago

Disclaimer: I have played well over a hundred games on various different Star Wars Pro models, and now a few hours on the LE. If I had never played the pro, especially not to the extent that I already have, I probably wouldn't even notice the game play short comings. Something just can't be unseen so to speak, and once you know how it could be it makes it that much more frustrating.

Just another quick update with hopefully as little bias as possible on the LE on both the game overall and game play (they are distinctly different):

The LE on location still does not have any ghosting. Shooter lane still looked good too. Seems to me that STERN figured it out for the LE's, hopefully they can keep that process and push it through on all future playfields... From a quality perspective this game looked fantastic.

Game still looks beautiful as can be. Side by side next to a pro, looks wise (minus the translite) the LE/Prem is hands down the winner. Those metal ramps and wireforms are beautiful.

Gameplay, I still 100% believe the Pro is hands down the better game for actual playability. Maybe this LE needed some tweaking, or ALOT of tweaking, but most of it is just inherent in the design. Having the forks come up out of the playfield just screws the player. First moment of extreme frustration - I'm going for the kill shot to destroy the death star and finally see this little egg pop open and light up, I line up my shot, shoot the death star shot and a half second before that, two other balls collide and send one up the hoth shot. the ramp immediately drops as my ball is going up and my shot is rejected. no destroy the death star, no victory multiball, just a bad taste in my mouth. yes something similar could conceivably happen on the pro, but maybe not, the speed of the ball on my death star shot was probably fast enough to have enough momentum to carry through for the win, or, the ball going through the hoth shot would have already cleared. This same frustration got me a second time when I had the hyperspace hurry up ready during MB, same deal happened, ball got knocked up the hoth shot while going for the death star shot, ball rejected, no hyperspace shot (which at the time then meant no hyperspace multiball).

I'd go toe to toe with anyone who honestly believes a back hand shot to the death star with the forks up is "reliable." If anything it's a miracle. Heck, even from the right flipper the death star shot with the forks up isn't reliable. It's really satisfying when you make the shot, but when you get a reject when the ball is all the way up under that death star and it trickles back down it just feels like crap. Especially knowing that 100% of those shots would have been good on the pro. I can honestly say though, during normal game play, when you shoot the hoth shot with the forks up, the trickle down release didn't bother me as much this time around. Maybe part of me was enjoying the game taking a half second time out and slowing down just a little bit.

Onto bugs... sorry if these have been covered before. they're pretty important so worth stating again if they are elsewhere:

Game was running code version 0.89.
Bug - Had Tattooine missions lit and death star missions lit, hit the death star shot, ball went into the hyper loop, right ramp diverter opened, fed the ball to the right flipper and then the ball drained. Flippers were dead, couldn't flip at the ball, the game was in mode select as if it thought it had the ball captured behind the death star ready for you to pick your mission. Instead it killed my ball. Happened again, this time when the hyperspace hurry up was lit and the death star modes were lit. same deal, ball fed to the right flipper and drain, no power to the flippers. It about made me want to leave the establishment and not put any more money in the game. It's sort of insult to injury, you're on a high for finally making the challenging death star shot with the forks up to finally get to see the hyperspace toy in action and then the game drains on you. augh. I'm sure this will get fixed quick though...

Bug - escape was lit and the diverter was not over. ball drained down the right outlane and no ball save.

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Gameplay, I still 100% believe the Pro is hands down the better game for actual playability. Maybe this LE needed some tweaking, or ALOT of tweaking,

I've played both. Both great games, but I couldn't live without that forked ramp and the hyperloop. Yes, the game does take tweaking, as do many new pins out of the box, but once it's tweaked, it's glorious.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

My premium should be at the distributor tomorrow if all goes well and my house tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning. If the LEs aren't done, then they have fired up a premium line.

I would seriously be pissed off at stern if u got your premium before I got my LE. paid in full back in mid July.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've played both. Both great games, but I couldn't live without that forked ramp and the hyperloop. Yes, the game does take tweaking, as do many new pins out of the box, but once it's tweaked, it's glorious.

lol

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, the game does take tweaking, as do many new pins out of the box, but once it's tweaked, it's glorious.

Glorious (resized).jpgGlorious (resized).jpg

#762 6 years ago

Get The fork outta here!

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I would seriously be pissed off at stern if u got your premium before I got my LE. paid in full back in mid July.

I'm a bit surprised too, but it's left Stern on the truck and slated to be here. Hope you get your LE soon.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

First moment of extreme frustration - I'm going for the kill shot to destroy the death star and finally see this little egg pop open and light up, I line up my shot, shoot the death star shot and a half second before that, two other balls collide and send one up the hoth shot. the ramp immediately drops as my ball is going up and my shot is rejected. no destroy the death star, no victory multiball, just a bad taste in my mouth.

If anyone's experiencing rejects like this on the fork/deathstar ramp shot, lemme know, or look for my previous explanation.
Easy fix.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'd go toe to toe with anyone who honestly believes a back hand shot to the death star with the forks up is "reliable." If anything it's a miracle

Ok, I'm in It's not a miracle as I do it many times backhand from the left flipper.

Rob

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Who is your distro? Something isn't right.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Bug - escape was lit and the diverter was not over. ball drained down the right outlane and no ball save.

This is a mechanical issue which I also had happen on my LE. No compensation now, but probably in a future update.

Rob

#768 6 years ago

The more I play this game, the more it's becoming my favorite.

Photos and videos do not do this game justice. It has to be seen. It has to be played.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The more I play this game, the more it's becoming my favorite.
Photos and videos do not do this game justice. It has to be see. It has to be played.

You have dishonored the Federation.

IMG_0340.GIFIMG_0340.GIF

IMG_0339.JPGIMG_0339.JPG

#770 6 years ago

Special thanks to Beelzeboob for allowing me to spend some time on his SWLE.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Special thanks to Beelzeboob for allowing me to spend some time on his SWLE.

And...

#772 6 years ago

...some time on my IJ. It's always a pleasure hosting Pinsiders...especially the ones that don't break my balls.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...some time on my IJ. It's always a pleasure hosting Pinsiders...especially the ones that don't break my balls.

Sorry. Anxiously waiting for my premium. For now, I live through others

#774 6 years ago

I don't think he was a huge fan, btw (correct me if I'm wrong!). But in all fairness, I was having scoop eject problems (SDTM) as well as cheap drains from the inner loop. I spent some time on it tonight and most of those problems are solved. Still having a leveling issue, as this game requires the proper level and pitch to play perfectly and avoid any cheap drains. (Although the inner loop is so fast for me that the ball will hit one flipper on the way down and jump over the other one into the trough...that's pretty annoying.)

Once the game is tweaked out, it'll be awesome. It's at about 80% right now.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sorry. Anxiously waiting for my premium. For now, I live through others

I actually misunderstood your "and..." which was why you got the wise-assed remark initially.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually misunderstood your "and..." which was why you got the wise-assed remark initially.

All is good.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If anyone's experiencing rejects like this on the fork/deathstar ramp shot, lemme know, or look for my previous explanation.
Easy fix.

I know your "fix," there is no fix for this. The forks are literally down or half way down as required to release the ball thats behind it (theres no possible way for a ball thats supposed to go up into the death star to get there when the fork is dropped half way down to release the ball behind it). The only "fix" is to permanently leave the fork up during multiball and then suffer accidental ball traps behind it which would be a huge exploit. Otherwise as soon as you start lowering the fork to release the ball you make the death star shot inaccessible. Its 100% design. Now, rejects up in the ramp due to alignment etc. is a whole nother story which sounds like it can be adjusted and fixed as you and others have noted.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, I'm in It's not a miracle as I do it many times backhand from the left flipper.
Rob

Fantastic! That's encouraging and makes me believe it is something that can be tweaked mecahnically on the game itself. Glad to hear you can easily backhand that shot if the game is aligned properly and dialed in. I know I could easily do it on the pro.

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Ok, so bare knuckle or gloves? Fair warning I'm 6'3" and 250. glad to hear its doable, one less issue I have on gameplay of the LE. I need to find an LE like yours and play it.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Who is your distro? Something isn't right.

There is only 1 distributor in Canada. I bought from a re seller. The re seller has been solid with all my other nib purchases. He said when he gets info. he will pass on it on to me. That was last week Monday. No word on anything. So I just sit back and trust everything is progressing. But sucks that prems are being delivered and I haven't got anything info.

#781 6 years ago

yup

#782 6 years ago

SW is the most of all that.

#783 6 years ago

bong

#784 6 years ago

20170827_175148 (resized).jpg20170827_175148 (resized).jpg

#785 6 years ago

A82587DD-7F3C-4ADC-842C-16187B72D0EA-20333-000022221F0AAF44_tmp (resized).pngA82587DD-7F3C-4ADC-842C-16187B72D0EA-20333-000022221F0AAF44_tmp (resized).png

#786 6 years ago

As Beelzeboob had mentioned the game needs some tweaking to avoid drains from the right kickout. It is a fast game and the light show is nicely incorporated. The use of the screen to chose characters and modes is not my cup of tea but may be very appealing to a true SW fan.

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

As Beelzeboob had mentioned the game needs some tweaking to avoid drains from the right kickout. It is a fast game and the light show is nicely incorporated. The use of the screen to chose characters and modes is not my cup of tea but may be very appealing to a true SW fan. Beelzebood is correct I am a fan of SW, bit not a huge die hard SW fan by any means.

#788 6 years ago

Ok guys I need help . Where the heck is this new latch to release the lock bar !?

#789 6 years ago

lol/ reach inside left and right / there is 2 now . From down position to up

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

lol/ reach inside left and right / there is 2 now . From down position to up

Finally jeez ! Thanks man !

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally jeez ! Thanks man !

The notes about this are actually on a piece of paper you probably threw out without reading I know that instruction paper was taped on the outside of my game.

Rob

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The notes about this are actually on a piece of paper you probably threw out without reading I know that instruction paper was taped on the outside of my game.
Rob

No I read it with a crappy
Black and white photo that made no sense pointing to the middle of the cabinet . Was totally useless

#793 6 years ago

Ok so played it and played maybe 10 games. Had no idea what was going on so turned it off. I'll try again later

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Had no idea what was going on so turned it off. I'll try again later

Shoot the lit/blinking shots

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah ok I will try that. I had some mild decal damage to the chewbacca head side. Can someone point me to the right direction on how to replace a decal? I think Ill ask stern for a replacement. Should I just put it right on top of old one?

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It does tell you exactly what to do when you initiate a mode.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It does tell you exactly what to do when you initiate a mode.

Yeah I'm figuring it out a little
Confused about this multiplier stuff. Finally got a ball in the hyper loop it was cool

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Confused about this multiplier stuff. Finally got a ball in the hyper loop it was cool

Don't worry about the multiplier at first if it's throwing you off. Learn shots, modes, and strategy first and then you can easily integrate multipliers later.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I am also confused about the multiplier. How do you collect? Just get a shot in the lit ramp? If so, there isn't much fanfare.

Does it need to be a "mission" shot?

#800 6 years ago

I'd like to know why you would actually turn the multiplier off...

chuckwurt ! Paging chuckwurt !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.