IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.
#551 6 years ago

"In Aerosmith, it's cool to fill up the toy box"

Yes but in AS the jackpots are also higher in value for 6 ball versus 3 ball. Can anyone confirm jackpoy values increase for more balls shot into the Hyperloop once they get released? Otherwise whats the point

#552 6 years ago

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be higher. Also the point would be to like, have more balls in MB....thsts kind of popular

#553 6 years ago

More balls in play means harder to control them all. Increaed value for JPs is a key incentive here (besides just having kids fun)

If Lonnie can get the math right for his MB in AS, surely Dwight can get this right? If anybody can confirm on their LE I'd be most thankful!

#554 6 years ago

Sounds very similar to Tortuga MB in POTC. I love filling up that spinning disc to the max.

#555 6 years ago

The hyperdrive loop and the theme of course

That's why I was buying the LE. Glad to hear it's exceeding expectations.

I dropped out ONLY because of the ghosting issue and wanted to take a wait and see. Especially since I'm going through it with GB

For those that have the LE or are getting it, congrats!!!

#556 6 years ago

I am so glad I stayed on this game, it really is awesome. I'm not a very good player and have not made it past 400 Million but man am I having fun with it. The only disappointment I have is the lack of topper for the game on release. I'm really interested to see what that R2D2 topper will look like. Are toppers fairly easy to install when it comes to the NIB stern products?

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The hyperdrive loop and the theme of course
That's why I was buying the LE. Glad to hear it's exceeding expectations.
I dropped out ONLY because of the ghosting issue and wanted to take a wait and see. Especially since I'm going through it with GB
For those that have the LE or are getting it, congrats!!!

Hey Ice. We did that and waited until our GB issues were sorted. I totally understand what you are going through. Stern and our Distro in Australia sorted us and we are very happy. Patience is the key. It took around 8 months for us to get a replacement playfield. Stern and our distro have looked after us since 2010 and we have been happy with every outcome. Good luck! Hopefully you are sorted before another reveal this October.

#558 6 years ago

Pretty sure the rules for Hyperspace Multiball are the same on Pro and LE

#559 6 years ago

I unboxed #552 today my SWLE Solar Eclipse edition. I was very happy with the care in packing and quality of the machine. It was QA'd on August 17th 2017 and I picked it up today.

The game looks beautiful and I was not let down. I was preparing for a let down but it turned out to be great experience.

The gameplay is great. It is well balanced and with the proper nudging I can play for awhile. Though it is one of the most challenging games I have ever played. I'm still figuring out the ruleset. It's deep and I'll probably have to read a couple post to figure out how to get the multi-ball going.

This is what the box looked like during the Solar Eclipse here in STL, I know it's not the best photo but...
IMG_1021 (resized).jpgIMG_1021 (resized).jpg

IMG_1030 (resized).jpgIMG_1030 (resized).jpg
IMG_1039 (resized).jpgIMG_1039 (resized).jpg
IMG_1034 (resized).jpgIMG_1034 (resized).jpg

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Are toppers fairly easy to install when it comes to the NIB stern products?

Yes usually very easy. Likely 4 screws, and two cables to plug in. You may need to screw a small board in.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yet he used the exact same gimmick what, over twenty years ago? On a slightly smaller scale with less lights and explosions
Does look like fun though...

You talking about Getaway? Not the same. (I have both) Similar as it uses an electromagnet setup and a loop. Now the loop is in your vision right in front of your flippers buzzing around with lights to distract you from subsequent shots during multiballs with the loop. There is nothing to the getaway loop. maybe later once you master the game there will be nothing to the hyperloop, maybe you are a pinball god and this stuff bores you, or maybe you are an ale drinker . I drink lager when I play!

Chambahz failed to include the sheer speed at which the balls run on this playfield as a contributing factor to the excitement. I just dont have time to look at the pretty screen.

The more I play it the more I like it. Just wish I could get the rule set

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I am so glad I stayed on this game, it really is awesome. I'm not a very good player and have not made it past 400 Million but man am I having fun with it. The only disappointment I have is the lack of topper for the game on release. I'm really interested to see what that R2D2 topper will look like. Are toppers fairly easy to install when it comes to the NIB stern products?

Mee too I noticed in the .89 release note Stern referenced a topper, wow so secretive! Anyone know anymore about the topper?

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pretty sure the rules for Hyperspace Multiball are the same on Pro and LE

So in the Pro so you "load" balls (virtual lock) by shooting the Death Star, and then however many you lock you get when the timer runs down and Hyperspace Multiball starts?

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So in the Pro so you "load" balls (virtual lock) by shooting the Death Star, and then however many you lock you get when the timer runs down and Hyperspace Multiball starts?

That's right. Every time you hit the captive ball (Death Star) shot, a ball is added.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That's right. Every time you hit the captive ball (Death Star) shot, a ball is added.

Cool. So it should actually be much easier to get a bunch of balls going in the Pro HS multiball then (since you don't have to get up the ramp). Or I wonder if the timers are different to compensate for this.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Mee too I noticed in the .89 release note Stern referenced a topper, wow so secretive! Anyone know anymore about the topper?

R2-D2 with some kind of projection, Dwight's son is an intern at Stern working on it. I think that's all that's been verified in some form or fashion, but it's a safe bet that it won't be cheap.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

R2-D2 with some kind of projection, Dwight's son is an intern at Stern working on it. I think that's all that's been verified in some form or fashion, but it's a safe bet that it won't be cheap.

Oh wow - if it projects "help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" then they are gonna need to shut up and take my money!

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I unboxed #552 today my SWLE Solar Eclipse edition. I was very happy with the care in packing and quality of the machine. It was QA'd on August 17th 2017 and I picked it up today.
The game looks beautiful and I was not let down. I was preparing for a let down but it turned out to be great experience.
The gameplay is great. It is well balanced and with the proper nudging I can play for awhile. Though it is one of the most challenging games I have ever played. I'm still figuring out the ruleset. It's deep and I'll probably have to read a couple post to figure out how to get the multi-ball going.
This is what the box looked like during the Solar Eclipse here in STL, I know it's not the best photo but...

Looks like your game didn't come with the corner braces pictured in one of the other threads. I'm thinking the guy that posted those photos installed them himself - or his distro did.

Edit: actually I can see the bracket now - good stuff Stern.

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks like your game didn't come with the corner braces pictured in one of the other threads. I'm thinking the guy that posted those photos installed them himself - or his distro did.

It's not easy to make out in the picture, but I think I see the corner brace on the game.

Rob

#570 6 years ago

Wondering if someone could show the alternative translites.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Don't know if these are official yet.

IMG_1604 (resized).JPGIMG_1604 (resized).JPG

IMG_1605 (resized).JPGIMG_1605 (resized).JPG

IMG_1606 (resized).JPGIMG_1606 (resized).JPG

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

The pro and premium translites come with the LE.

#573 6 years ago

thanks. i think all it said was alternative on stern site. thought there would be something fresh. getting frustrated about my LE purchaces now. did get a shaker with so that is plus. but those speaker panels should have been on it at very least. i think it pulls the white together as trim. i get mine tomorrow or thurs.

#574 6 years ago

Mine will be here Thursday I am told, but not taking delivery until Friday afternoon.

Rob

#575 6 years ago

I forgot to mention. The sound on the game is pretty good stock. I don't feel a need for a shaker motor with the sound cranked up.

#576 6 years ago

I forgot to mention. The sound on the game is pretty good stock. I don't feel a need for a shaker motor with the sound cranked up.

Agreed. I'd definitely try and play one with a shaker to see what you think, the integration is creatively programmed and I feel adds a lot to the game.

#577 6 years ago

Get the shaker. Have it in mine. Works well with the game.

#578 6 years ago

I figured out Tie Fighter Multiball but still struggling to figure out the flow for Hyperdrive multiball.

#579 6 years ago

I figured out Tie Foghter Multiball but still struggling to figure out the flow for Hyperdrive multiball.

Do you mean how to qualify/start it?

Complete the 4 inlane targets. That lights 2 yellow inserts: 1 on the left loop, and 1 on the right ramp. Shoot either, and the countdown timer begins for you to make the Deathstar/Hyperspace shot. You need 2 (I believe) completions to begin the multiball.
When it begins, focus on trying to get as many shots into the hyperdrive as possible before the multiball begins, when the balls drain out of the wire ramp.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Complete the 4 inlane targets. That lights 2 yellow inserts: 1 on the left loop, and 1 on the right ramp. Shoot either, and the countdown timer begins for you to make the Deathstar/Hyperspace shot. You need 2 (I believe) completions to begin the multiball.
When it begins, focus on trying to get as many shots into the hyperdrive as possible before the multiball begins, when the balls drain out of the wire ramp.

2 completions of what to begin the multiball?

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

2 completions of what to begin the multiball?

When lit (via the inlanes), you need to hit the yellow right ramp shot or the yellow left orbit shot and then the death star shot before time runs out. Repeat once more and it will lock the ball and start Hyperspace multiball.

#582 6 years ago

Getting my Star Wars LE today. I think the most stressful experience of buying a pinball machine is the delivery. You tell them one time, they come at a completely different time when your not even at home. I don't get it. Arggghh!!

#583 6 years ago

Put 57 games on my LE yesterday thanks to JJ Gexchange and his white glove delivery meant I didn’t have to wait til the weekend for friends to get into my basement.

First game I ever bought without playing for a year or so first. It is just wow and this really surprised me because I have been playing the pro on location and wasn’t sure I should go ahead with the purchase. Being able to hear the game and experience the hyperloop in person made a big difference to me.

Was able to get 2 balls into the hyperloop and its way cooler than the getaway. Also didn’t notice the sparse playfield at all because I couldn’t control the ball very well with the speed.

And for the home run my wife got the ball into the hyperloop and loved it. Game just payed itself off.

I am getting phantom 2 service warnings (right EOS and ball trough 5) that work fine in switch test so will have to figure that out. Playfield and cabinet look good so far. Code is .87 so will see what an update does.

Your mileage may vary.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Getting my Star Wars LE today. I think the most stressful experience of buying a pinball machine is the delivery. You tell them one time, they come at a completely different time when your not even at home. I don't get it. Arggghh!!

Well delivery truck just came and left, I refused delivery. I don't know what Im dealing with inside this damaged box.

IMG_0883 (resized).jpgIMG_0883 (resized).jpg

IMG_0886 (resized).jpgIMG_0886 (resized).jpg

IMG_0889 (resized).jpgIMG_0889 (resized).jpg

IMG_0888 (resized).jpgIMG_0888 (resized).jpg

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well delivery truck just came and left, I refused delivery. I don't know what Im dealing with inside this damaged box

for forks sake!

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well delivery truck just came and left, I refused delivery. I don't know what Im dealing with inside this damaged box.

Those pics just make me sick at my stomach. Most of us have been there at one time or another. Sorry dude.

#587 6 years ago

Right call refusing that. Dang.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Cut that area open on 3 sides. Fold back, will be a lot easier to look inside.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cut that area open on 3 sides. Fold back, will be a lot easier to look inside.

Already gone I said no way

What's really funny is the delivery guy said they'll just end up throwing it away. Is that for real ?

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Already gone I said no way
What's really funny is the delivery guy said they'll just end up throwing it away. Is that for real ?

The trucking company insurance will make the shipper whole, and in return will keep the pin. What they then do with the pin is up to them.......but yeah, they may very well scrap it.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The trucking company insurance will make the shipper whole, and in return will keep the pin. What they then do with the pin is up to them.......but yeah, they may very well scrap it.

Crazy. Anyways my distributor said once stern gets it back they'll ship me another I just hope it's an le that I wanted in the first place !

#592 6 years ago

I don't think a lot of people realize that you can pick up your machine at a local dock station or in a close city if it is docked between transportations. This eliminates one more effort for them to screw it up while delivering it to your residence or commercial location. i did this with one of my machines and also got it earlier.

#593 6 years ago

If u do that they should refund some delivery costs like 50%?

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If u do that they should refund some delivery costs like 50%?

It's not 50%, but I usually save 50-100 bucks by doing this.

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My GOTLE arrived with a big gouge in the side of the box. The driver wanted me to sign right away and take off and I told him no @$%&'in way. Pulled out my utility knife and carefully opened that area of the box and exposed the inside. Luckily the fork lift, or whatever that tore the box completely missed the game. I ended up signing and taking delivery but it wasn't until after I had thoroughly inspected for damage.

From your pics, it looks like you could already see the cabinet was nicked pretty good. I would have refused as soon as I saw that just like you did. Not your fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it!

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Thanks!!

#597 6 years ago

I wonder on average how many Pinball machines are destroyed by Delivery services?

This would be a great statistic Pinside should farm and sell to Pinball companies.

#598 6 years ago

I wonder on average how many Pinball machines are destroyed by Delivery services?
This would be a great statistic Pinside should farm and sell to Pinball companies.

Were more Bothans lost or pinball machines damaged?

Rob

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'd definitely try and play one with a shaker to see what you think, the integration is creatively programmed and I feel adds a lot to the game.

Please elaborate.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the shaker. Have it in mine. Works well with the game.

Please elaborate.

GB's shaker is a must.
Best shaker that's integrated with a machine IMO. How is a shaker in SW well integrated?

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.
GB's shaker is a must.
Best shaker that's integrated with a machine IMO. How is a shaker in SW well integrated?

You want us to list the shots and the modes where the shaker is used? It is very well done - Just get it!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.