image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 10 years ago

Got #10 LE yesterday and here are my first thoughts of the game.

• VERY little to fix or tune out of the box. Open the box, wax playfield and get to playing!

• Beautiful cabinet, playfield and lighting the game is just stunning to look at

• Powder coating on the game looks great! Way better in person

• Color changing insert LEDs are incredible “Dare I say better then WOZ” They are also integrated into the game well so far, but would like to see it pushed further.

• Playfield art looks great and fits perfect

• The game is FAST and FUN!

• I get a ton of SDTM lost balls from the vengeance drop target. Really annoying and needs a ball save??? Is there one in setting?

• Victory laps after beating vengeance is BAD ASS!!!

• The kick back lights way to easy. I feel as if it’s always lit and I never aimed for the shield targets. A bit disappointed how this lights as it’s so easy to get lit. Also depending on how fast the ball enters the kick back determines how far it gets kicked out. This can cause some limp kick outs.

• Also sometimes the kick back misses the ball if it’s going VERY fast and does not give the ball back to the player. This is annoying and I am waiting for my TOTAN genie to say “oh sorry master here is another ball”

• Audio and integration is done well. But the game needs more speech and rules spoken to the player. This is why ST:TNG worked so good “Nice work 2 more shots to go” or “Ok Captain this is your final shot to reach the drill” etc. . . .

This is my biggest complaint with the game is that it does a poor job at explaining to the player what to shoot for and what the players status is in the mode. The tiny DMD text “3 more shots” does nothing to tell me this. It needs physical feedback through lighting, SFX and VO lines. I am hoping this all shakes out with code updates and the speech update.

• Music is FANTASTIC and well integrated into the modes.

• Overall the modes are ok. Need more work for sure, but it’s a good solid base. This game flows like butter and it’s such a nice package. I hope the team gets the chance to get the code to AC/DC or TRON level because then Stern will have a game they can sell for months or even years more. Would also like to see more types of modes that change how the player plays, not just hit shot repeat. Hurry up modes like on ST:TNG are good examples of mixing up the play or roaming shots like Flynn etc.

• Feedback from Skill shots is a bit weak. SFX’s are low and really need to tell the player in RBION style “SUUUUUPER SKILLLLL SHOT!” hahahhaha again feedback = key to fun

• When the player hits the warp ramp the chase lights should stay on longer after the shot is made to actually see and enjoy the lights. Currently they turn off so fast when the shot is hit.

• When the Red Matter random is ready, play a SFX or VO line. Red Matter Mystery is ready to collect. Once again “player feedback”

• The side rails are fantastic! Love the etched artwork and LEDs shining through

• Flashers in the speakers are not used at all during game or otherwise, but they do work through test menu. Sure this will be fixed in code.

I am going to replace these with speaker LEDs that are always one. Even in test you can hardly see the blue LED lighting.

• The emblems on the side of the head of the cab are nice, but don’t light up much. I may wire up the old speaker led flashers to shine through the emblem since ill replace my led speaker panel with always on LEDs.

• The entire back box is metal now, I like the new design. But I do not like how the head of the game is latched on with hex bolts.

• Speaker panel is A+ really like this new design and hope it continues with other games.

• Surprised how the redesigned up kicker works. Ball goes in scoop, bracket rotates for clearance and it’s kicked up. Not sure what it was designed like this and not more like Dr Oct VUK. There must be a reason it was designed like this??? I did have the ball kick up once not make the wire form. The bracket rotated back into place and the ball was on top of the bracket stuck.

• The Laser star field looks good, better than I thought it would look. But for me this was a bonus and not why I bought the game so it’s a nice addition. Be nice to see it integrated into other parts of the game.

• Where are the IDLE flipper is sounds? Speech update maybe? Can’t tell ya how many times I pull that dang phaser on my next gen when I walk by it :p

That is about it for now. I am VERY happy with the game and can’t wait to see how the updates turn out. They have a great base to work from and I am very confident in the team.

Thanks Stern and ST team for a KILLER GAME! Warp Speed ahead to the next code update

#192 10 years ago

Some piX one is of ST:TNG meeting his new roomate in the lineup.

IMG_3564.JPGIMG_3564.JPG IMG_3563.JPGIMG_3563.JPG IMG_3570.JPGIMG_3570.JPG IMG_3567.JPGIMG_3567.JPG
#195 10 years ago

Sound is pretty good, clear and loud. I have pinball pro and FF systems in some of my games and think I will pass on upgrading this machine. Sounds kicking out of the box.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Nice Mummite it looks great. I like the introduction to STTNG, they didn't bite eachother or mark territory?-lol I like the topper it looks like it barely made it by a hair touching the ceiling.

yep the topper was tight, but it made it. Yes both Star Trek games seem to be getting along well, neat seeing them both near each other. when I mix up the lineup ill put them next to each other.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

STTNG next to ST LE, and then next to Tron

These 3 lined up would look shhhhhhhweet! good combo of games together. I just did the EL wire mod on my TRON so having this next to ST le will be a nice balance. I am done with Stern games for a bit thought this is my last for a bit. Not because of anything to do with Stern just room! hahahaha next up is my last open slot that has been sitting vacant and that will be Hobbit LE.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Make sure it's really well leveled

yep, leveled this bad boy and it works fine now. no more SDTM balls

this may be my best NIB experience yet. Almost nothing to do on it except play it

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

have an used STLE's been offered for sale? everyone seems to love theirs!

don't see this happening for a long time, game is to good with to much potential for greatness!

#379 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Took the day off for delivery...

I did this with my ST le and then got the message oh the online shipping info is wrong. Same thing............ ugh the wait is always the killer

#380 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is the LE worth the price over the premium?

Only reason I could spend this much cash is that I sold 2 games to get this game. So it did not break the bank that bad, but I was not happy at all with the price increase. If I had to pay all cash and no selling of other games to get it I would be SOL on this one. But I am extremely happy with the LE its EPIC! I think both the prem and LE are fantastic games and you will be happy with whatever game you get.

Also I expect this game to get full support and some sweet code updates.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Code is supposedly coming in less than 2 weeks.

best Christmas present yet! good luck ST team cant wait to see the new update

#396 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nero is my favorite mode, mostly because of the cool sound effects.

yep, great audio in this mode. I love the wup, wup, wup of the ship SFX's playing.

#432 10 years ago

I got a couple combos last night and noticed on the DMD it said "Unique combo" in text. I wonder if the combo system will be upgraded. Maybe something like Xmen? the hooks are there and being used. Anyone else see that when getting combos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=mummite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.