image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Main thing is the game and you made it ok.

Quoted from pinmister:

That sucks^^^^^Time to set up and crack open a beer(:

That's the truth. I wasn't too worried about it. Don't sweat the small stuff, shit happens.

#452 10 years ago

Sorry but last time Kwiki went all dick he got a free pass for pulling out his backstory. He is competent enough to be on here but gets a pass for behavior that is not cool??
Manipulating ratings especially on Unplayed games means you can't play well with others here. Don't rate them or be fair but this crap is no go.
He made it to work and home safe today so I bet he knows this too.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

I bet we stay in the top 5 for a long time:

What happened to Tron LE ?

STLE TOP.jpg 59 KB

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Whatever. He is clearly part of the problem, and should be called out on it.

Oh sure, no pass here, it's lame behavior. Just saying, a ton of people do it, and the ones who give something all 10s, either because they're trying to hype up the price or just are over excited little puppies, annoy me just as much.

I couldn't give two f---s which pin is rated #1, or even #10, but I do find the ratings a really useful tool in general when looking at games, so it sucks when people game it for cheesy reasons.

#455 10 years ago

Game is real nice OOB!
Just came in today.
Very nice DMD animations/LED light show/audio/cabinet and love the bling from the firing side rail lasers..
Will wait to comment about gameplay after a dozen more and learning the mode/rules a little better...
I initially cancelled my deposit on this game... BUT so glad I changed my mind again..if you have the funds and are thinking about this theme... GRAB one before they are all gone!

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I may have to buy ST so I don't lose my mind playing the one at my local arcade... they didn't level the game when they set it up so every time the drop target comes down and releases the ball it goes SDTM
I wanna sneak a level in to the arcade and fix it.

This game must be the ST Pro at Level Up right? It drops every ball SDTM almost every time. I got the STLE and I havent lost one ball SDTM for that reason. However the kickback has replaced that frustration for me. I loose at least one ball to a lit kickback every game. Last nite lost 2 balls in one game to lit kickback. I tried adjusting the switch as others have said. Adjusted switch from least sensitive to most sensitive possible and got same result. Fast balls fly past and it kicks late(with no compensation!). On all other slower to medium speed balls the K.B. is good on some and weak or clunky on others. It pisses me off so much I only play a game or 2 each day now. You should ask to talk to owner at Level Up and ask him to level that game for you.

#457 10 years ago

Maybe they can add to the code that if the switch hits when kickback lit and ball drains less than a second later that it would indicate a failed kickback attempt and re auto shoot for you.

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Maybe they can add to the code that if the switch hits when kickback lit and ball drains less than a second later that it would indicate a failed kickback attempt and re auto shoot for you.

Phantom Flip style.

#459 10 years ago

The kickback must be related to certain machines as I have yet to loose a ball to the kickback missing the ball. Works superb here. Maybe it is hardware related and needs some adjustment. I also read some owners get balls stuck in the pop bumpers but this has never happened either. Same with the warp ramp adjustment - works flawlessly out of the box.

I guess some machines might have more tweaking issues out of the box but they should be fixable as I don't think they are design flaws.

#460 10 years ago

I just received an LE and was wondering if anyone is having problems with the speaker and back-box side panel lights (behind the Star Trek emblems)? The game works perfectly and it is great and while the back-box flashers work, the speaker and side lights do not. I have reseated all the wiring with no luck and then looked at other LE's on You Tube and only one showed the lights working all the others were not. I have a request into Stern so will let you know what I learn. If anyone has experienced or resolved this problem; advice would be appreciated.

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from mrbilbobaggins:

I just received an LE and was wondering if anyone is having problems with the speaker and back-box side panel lights (behind the Star Trek emblems)? The game works perfectly and it is great and while the back-box flashers work, the speaker and side lights do not. I have reseated all the wiring with no luck and then looked at other LE's on You Tube and only one showed the lights working all the others were not. I have a request into Stern so will let you know what I learn. If anyone has experienced or resolved this problem; advice would be appreciated.

There is nothing wrong with your game. None of the LE's have working lights here yet except in test mode. Stern needs to implement code for this.

Quoted from sillyoldelf:

The kickback must be related to certain machines as I have yet to loose a ball to the kickback missing the ball. Works superb here. Maybe it is hardware related and needs some adjustment. I also read some owners get balls stuck in the pop bumpers but this has never happened either. Same with the warp ramp adjustment - works flawlessly out of the box.
I guess some machines might have more tweaking issues out of the box but they should be fixable as I don't think they are design flaws.

Maybe but I have read here about a lot of others missing fast balls into the kick back.

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

This game must be the ST Pro at Level Up right? It drops every ball SDTM almost every time. I got the STLE and I havent lost one ball SDTM for that reason. However the kickback has replaced that frustration for me. I loose at least one ball to a lit kickback every game. Last nite lost 2 balls in one game to lit kickback. I tried adjusting the switch as others have said. Adjusted switch from least sensitive to most sensitive possible and got same result. Fast balls fly past and it kicks late(with no compensation!). On all other slower to medium speed balls the K.B. is good on some and weak or clunky on others. It pisses me off so much I only play a game or 2 each day now. You should ask to talk to owner at Level Up and ask him to level that game for you.

Yep it's the game at level up I finally figured out that if you nudge the machine hard to the right when the target drops it won't SDTM.
By the way how do you like the LE compared to the Pro?

#463 10 years ago

Yep it's the game at level up I finally figured out that if you nudge the machine hard to the right when the target drops it won't SDTM.
By the way how do you like the LE compared to the Pro?

The LE is very similar to the Pro play wise I would say. The extra bling factor makes it something special though. Very impressive looking, especially for a Stern game. I like that the ship crashes when destroyed - nice effect. The chase lights on the warp(all though they need to be fixed to work every time). The VUK is nice but I want to see the ball eject to the playfield like the Pro much more. I have only seen that once in almost 100 plays. I wouldnt mind if it was random 50/50, what ever....just do both ways. This may be my favorite game if they fix the loose ends. I see a lot of unfinished looking dots(unique combo) and single width dots for computing score after ball(looks like its written with a pencil). The TREK roll overs dont do anything. I am wondering if the kickback on my game will ever work like its supposed to. I totally dig the super ramps & animations. Also the super skill shot & animations. When the super skill is completed to right ramp the enterprise does a cool fly by with phasers firing & sound effects(awsome - love it!). Its a hard shot but worth 1.25 million. Those kind of classy touches are what can take this game to the next level in my opinion. Maybe one of the permanent top 5 games?
Does that Pro at Level up still have the match animation with Caro?(She says: Its me....Carol). I miss that too, left out of the LE with 1.3 code for some reason??? That was the best match animation in my opinion.

#464 10 years ago

What to do with you STLE-box if you want a souvenir of your first NIB?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#465 10 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

However the kickback has replaced that frustration for me. I loose at least one ball to a lit kickback every game. Last nite lost 2 balls in one game to lit kickback. I tried adjusting the switch as others have said. Adjusted switch from least sensitive to most sensitive possible and got same result. Fast balls fly past and it kicks late(with no compensation!).

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-kickback-fixed

#466 10 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

The TREK roll overs dont do anything. .

These are supposed to increase the spinner score. I never pay attention to them nor the spinners score so I can't confirm if it really works on my LE.

#467 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

These are supposed to increase the spinner score. I never pay attention to them nor the spinners score so I can't confirm if it really works on my LE.

It works

#468 10 years ago

I played this today at the Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH. Wow, it really is great, and I don't even like Star Trek.

#469 10 years ago
Quoted from Cardinal:

I played this today at the Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH. Wow, it really is great, and I don't even like Star Trek.

Doesn't anyone have a bad word to say about this title?
Except that they can't afford it?

#470 10 years ago

The game is good but it definitely needs some stuff done to the code to be great. Like someone said the trek rollovers are laughable that all they do is increase the spinner score. The 3rd level of vengeance needs to be changed. The warp ramp needs to do more and would be cool if they utilized the laser for a specific laser mball or something other then Klingon multiball, but all this stuff can be fixed with code and the game plays great

#471 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

They work at least on 1.3
They go up in increments of 1k

#472 10 years ago

Anyone having an issue with the Vengeance multiball magnet behavior? According to the PAPA tutorial, when you hit the captured ball within the first 30 seconds you start a 3 ball multiball. I frequently just end up with both balls captured on the magnet until the timer runs out or I can shake them loose and no 3rd ball launched. The optos test out fine.

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Anyone having an issue with the Vengeance multiball magnet behavior? According to the PAPA tutorial, when you hit the captured ball within the first 30 seconds you start a 3 ball multiball. I frequently just end up with both balls captured on the magnet until the timer runs out or I can shake them loose and no 3rd ball launched. The optos test out fine.

I have only had this happen once on the pro I have been playing.... happend after a light hit to the captured ball.

#474 10 years ago

I've had it both with soft hits and hard hits. One of the hits was strong enough to push the captured ball further into the lane and replace the ball on the magnet.

#475 10 years ago

It was happening to me a lot too. Then my silver jet balls came in the mail and ever since I put those in, it hasn't happened once. Maybe they are less magnetic??

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It was happening to me a lot too. Then my silver jet balls came in the mail and ever since I put those in, it hasn't happened once. Maybe they are less magnetic??

You're not supposed to use Silverjets on pins with magnets. Might work ok right now, but the balls will become magnetized before long.

#477 10 years ago

Those are the exact opposite of what you should be using.

#478 10 years ago

What are the best balls to use in a game with magnets? Can someone link me to the best place to get them please

#479 10 years ago

What are the best balls to use in a game with magnets! Can someone link me to the best place to get them please

I use these from pinball life

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

#480 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're not supposed to use Silverjets on pins with magnets. Might work ok right now, but the balls will become magnetized before long.

Quoted from RobT:

Those are the exact opposite of what you should be using.

I didn't know that about silver jets. I will take them out and put them in Tron instead. Thanks for the info guys.

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from Predator333:

Doesn't anyone have a bad word to say about this title?
Except that they can't afford it?

It seems like a pretty big hit. It was much better than what I expected. Transformers, X-Men and Avengers were bad games IMO, but this one is great. Speed, flow, looks, sounds. Very well done. I could see this being my first NIB game.

#482 10 years ago

It was my first NIB also, though the Holiday seems to have delayed its delivery a bit. It seems to me that Steve Ritchie is really in a groove at the moment. AC/DC is just a solid, fun game (and this coming from a guy who doesn't really like their music) and Star Trek seems to make it two in a row for Mr. Ritchie.

I know this game doesn't have the LCD or the code support that JJP offers, but this machine is really one of the more advanced of the Stern titles. I think Gary deserves a lot more credit than words give him (I am sure, however, his compensation is all he needs to feel warm and fuzzy). He seems to know what we want even if we hate him for it. I am glad I purchased this machine NIB even though I haven't played a game on it yet for just that reason.

#483 10 years ago

I didn't know that about silver jets. I will take them out and put them in Tron instead. Thanks for the info guys.

Again you know nothing

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Again you know nothing

Can you guys get a room or something? It's getting tiring watching you squabble all over the whole forum like little kids. We get it, be the adult and move on.

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can you guys get a room or something? It's getting tiring watching you squabble all over the whole forum like little kids. We get it, be the adult and move on.

This is why I didn't respond. To this or any of his other recent posts as well.

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Again you know nothing

It's almost Christmas guys... lets try and focus on all the blessings in our lives and put all this stuff aside.

3 months later
#487 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Right now their is a "Honeymoon" happening and who knows what the future holds. I will say from here the future looks damn fun.

The one on location near me has been tanking in the cash box and the operator wants to sell it. His AC/DC next to it is earning more.

Have opinions changed after four months?

#488 10 years ago

Love my STLE #618. Today, for the first time ever, I hit three warp factors in a row. Exciting for me after three months of play. The clear inserts and multi-colored leds are fabulous. The game is exhilarating. Life is good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.