image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 10 years ago

Plungemaster, the upper right flipper is also useful for hitting the 3 lock stand-up targets which are located below the side ramp.

Quoted from Plungemaster:

That right upper flipper. I only see shots made to that looping ramp. Is that the only target, or just fun to shoot at?
And that same ramp. Does the ball always make that same loop to the 3rd flipper? Or can it also go to the "normal" ramps to your main flippers.
I think its only the loop, not sure. But this is the only thing what worries me a bit gameplaywise. All the time the same small and fast loop can get boring i am afraid.
But the rest is fantastic. 7 out of 10 from me, could be 9 if the code picks up. Can be in my top 5 in future.

#402 10 years ago

That right upper flipper. I only see shots made to that looping ramp. Is that the only target, or just fun to shoot at?
And that same ramp. Does the ball always make that same loop to the 3rd flipper? Or can it also go to the "normal" ramps to your main flippers.
I think its only the loop, not sure. But this is the only thing what worries me a bit gameplaywise. All the time the same small and fast loop can get boring i am afraid.
But the rest is fantastic. 7 out of 10 from me, could be 9 if the code picks up. Can be in my top 5 in future.

In NO way will it ever get boring, so yes it's fun. You can shoot lock targets and black hole stand ups as well as sometimes the alpha ramp and the drop target (last 2 being unintentional). Ball always returns to the flipper when the ramp is made.

#403 10 years ago

The warp ramp is not an easy shot. It'll become a frustrating shot before it becomes a boring shot. For now, it's a hella fun shot!

#404 10 years ago

Yes, it's super lame and boring!

Don't buy this pin. It's not for you.

#405 10 years ago

I may have to buy ST so I don't lose my mind playing the one at my local arcade... they didn't level the game when they set it up so every time the drop target comes down and releases the ball it goes SDTM
I wanna sneak a level in to the arcade and fix it.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I may have to buy ST so I don't lose my mind playing the one at my local arcade... they didn't level the game when they set it up so every time the drop target comes down and releases the ball it goes SDTM

Or a coaster to put under one of the legs.
A sugar packet maybe?

#407 10 years ago

Just level the machine as best you can. If worried, call the number on the license sticker (if there is one) and ask the operator if it is ok for you to adjust the leg leveler. If not, be sure to tell the op how much money of yours they won't be getting because the game isn't leveled. If no sticker, ask for a manager and ask their permission.
I would just do it and ask for forgiveness/explain later if anyone makes a stink about it.

#408 10 years ago

This game is a true winner !!
They haven't even implemented the warp blue lights
On the ramp !!!
Also backbox light not done yet
It can only get better !!

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This game is a true winner !!
They haven't even implemented the warp blue lights
On the ramp !!!
Also backbox light not done yet
It can only get better !!

Ya the BB lights aren't implemented. But the warp ramp chase lights are. They go off for me 9 out of 10 times. I'm sure they'll be some code tweaks so it does go off 100%

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya the BB lights aren't implemented. But the warp ramp chase lights are. They go off for me 9 out of 10 times. I'm sure they'll be some code tweaks so it does go off 100%

The chase lights need to be implemented much better. I almost never notice them when I hit the warp ramp, I have to specifically look for it because they go off so fast

#411 10 years ago

Ok, well, thanks for updating me.

This is bloody fantastic pin then. Please stern, give it the code it deserves.

Have fun all owners!

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It always goes up onto the ramp for me.

Same here I've never seen the ball ejected onto the PF always the ramp

#413 10 years ago

isn't it about time for one of the two vocal pundits to come on here and tell us how we are shills because we are enjoying the game "too much" and there is no way that the game can be that good and therefore we must all be exaggerating for the SOLE purpose of building the game up in a vain attempt to drive it's value up only so the we can sell because the same thing happened with Xmen only I remember thinking my Xmen sucked about 10 games after I unboxed it but still love STLE 100 games later yet this situation is still somehow similar?!?

#414 10 years ago

STLE is just bad ass and their is no denying it

#415 10 years ago

I bet we stay in the top 5 for a long time:

STLE TOP.jpgSTLE TOP.jpg
#416 10 years ago

Man I LOVE THIS PIN!

Had my LE for 4 days now

It's incredible.

Job well done Stern.

Well done.

Rob

#417 10 years ago

I have to admit I like TAF and LOTR more but I would rank STLE in front of MM, MB and certainly AFM. I have only played TZ a couple of times.

#418 10 years ago

Yes, instead of pre-hype, the 'hype' around this pin is all from people actually playing the pin and unlike a lot of LE's can buy now. Think if 500 had been made they would be gone now.

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The chase lights need to be implemented much better. I almost never notice them when I hit the warp ramp, I have to specifically look for it because they go off so fast

I dunno. Though I don't notice them every time, they are quite apparent when you're hitting back to back warps.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dunno. Though I don't notice them every time, they are quite apparent when you're hitting back to back warps.

I hit five in a row yesterday. Never noticed the chase lights once.

I probably need to go in and check it with the glass off to make sure that they are working consistently.

#422 10 years ago

Or they leveled the game that way on purpose . . .

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Man I LOVE THIS PIN!
Had my LE for 4 days now
It's incredible.
Job well done Stern.
Well done.

Couldn't have said it better. Including the 4 days

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Same here I've never seen the ball ejected onto the PF always the ramp

I replicated it today but only twice, I had someone here who saw it too It was in Save The Enterprise (either I or II not sure) hitting both flippers while it was in the scoop or was awaiting release kicked it out instead of up.

#425 10 years ago

Hey.. better an uneven ST on location than none. I am waiting desperately for a MetPRO to get fixed so I can get my daily fix.

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hit five in a row yesterday. Never noticed the chase lights once.
I probably need to go in and check it with the glass off to make sure that they are working consistently.

I had to use a spacer and lower the opto on the left side of the ramp. the hole is cut too low and the sensor mounts high there is a second opto that will register the shot but the first is the lights I believe... why its so high up the ramp may be the reason for the delay.

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I had to use a spacer and lower the opto on the left side of the ramp. the hole is cut too low and the sensor mounts high there is a second opto that will register the shot but the first is the lights I believe... why its so high up the ramp may be the reason for the delay.

I paid more attention today. The chase lights do go off every time I hit the warp ramp. The reason that I don't usually notice them is because they come on way too late. In other words, by the time that they come on, the ball is already near the top of the ramp, and I'm already starting to look to the upper right portion of the orbit to get ready to hit the ball again with the upper flipper (so my eyes are looking away from where the chase lights are).

So this cool effect is mostly lost on the player, at least in my case.

#428 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I paid more attention today. The chase lights do go off every time I hit the warp ramp. The reason that I don't usually notice them is because they come on way too late. In other words, by the time that they come on, the ball is already near the top of the ramp, and I'm already starting to look to the upper right portion of the orbit to get ready to hit the ball again with the upper flipper (so my eyes are looking away from where the chase lights are).
So this cool effect is mostly lost on the player, at least in my case.

You'll start noticing every time. I do now and love it!

#429 10 years ago

Especially when your hitting back to back warps. Looks bitching.....in the dark

#430 10 years ago

The top set of optos lights the ramp and it should be the bottom optos

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The top set of optos lights the ramp and it should be the bottom optos

I agree completely.

This is exactly why I don't notice the chase lights when they go off. It's similar to how I don't see what is happening on the DMD when the ball is about to hit the flipper.

#432 10 years ago

I got a couple combos last night and noticed on the DMD it said "Unique combo" in text. I wonder if the combo system will be upgraded. Maybe something like Xmen? the hooks are there and being used. Anyone else see that when getting combos.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

I bet we stay in the top 5 for a long time:

STLE TOP.jpg 59 KB

With all the hype, looks like a certain pin is missing in the top 8.

#434 10 years ago

Wow!! I see somebody just rated STLE at 1.5?? I know I am in the honeymoon phase and can find very little wrong with this game right now.... but is a 1.5 rating even honest? I think this kind of rating is BS and is just someone out to pull this title down. I am new here and am starting to see that there are allot of dishonest people here.

1.52.jpg1.52.jpg

this game must really be a hot steaming piece of %$#@ ! I don't get these people.

#435 10 years ago

Seriously Kwikimart?? Tell me you at least played it. That's a do#@he move.

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

I don't get these people

Kwikimart is special and gets a break! He has a STTNG and wants to defend his OLD game .

#437 10 years ago

Yeah well to each their own I am not a big fan at all about STTNG and think it not that great of a game, but he clearly did not give stle a chance.

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

Wow!! I see somebody just rated STLE at 1.5?? I know I am in the honeymoon phase and can find very little wrong with this game right now.... but is a 1.5 rating even honest? I think this kind of rating is BS and is just someone out to pull this title down. I am new here and am starting to see that there are allot of dishonest people here.

this game must really be a hot steaming piece of %$#@ ! I don't get these people.

1.52.jpg 13 KB

That must be a mistake. Kwiki loves the Star Trek theme, he loves STTNG. I just don't understand why people are so concerned with how other people rate games? If you personally like the game then cool who cares what someone else thinks. Some people gave it a rating on the other end of the spectrum, 10, is it really a 10, maybe, I think it sits more somewhere between 8 and 9. That being said I am totally guilty of "padding" a game too, I did it to Xmen.

#439 10 years ago

I may have padded my rating by .5 - 1 point but no more then that. But 1.5 is calling the game a complete piece of crap and rating way lower then even the worst games rated ever on pinside.

282.jpg282.jpg

The last game rated is #282 Hercules and that gets a 5.68 so I call bs on Kwikis rating. Sounds like he is just trying to pull the game down in rankings. I know in the long run ranking don't mean a hill of beans and I will still enjoy the heck out of this great game! It is my #1 game and that is all that matters.

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Kwikimart is special and gets a break! He has a STTNG and wants to defend his OLD game .

Agree with Jim... gotta cut Kwiki a break (none of it really matters anyways)

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Weaksauce Kwik - even if you don't like it as much as STTNG - give it a real rating...I don't even give the games I hate that low of a rating!

#442 10 years ago

Yep need to stop looking at the ratings because they are bogus. He has not even played it.

KWIKI.jpgKWIKI.jpg

Guess I need to find some Kool-Aid

#443 10 years ago

Agree with Jim... gotta cut Kwiki a break (none of it really matters anyways)

Cut him a break why?

Are you saying that he doesn't understand what he did? He does. He gave a shit rating to a game he hasn't played, just because he thinks STTNG is "better", a statement that he made long before any version of ST was even released.

He also previously admitted that he rated MM something like a 1.5 because he thought TZ was the better pin and didn't want MM to be ranked number 1.

So there are two occasions where he has given completely bogus ratings to a pin for the simple purpose of trying to manipulate the rankings.

Zero credibility to say the least. And believe me, I'm actually holding back here.

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cut him a break why?
Are you saying that he doesn't understand what he did? He does. He gave a shit rating to a game he hasn't played, just because he thinks STTNG is "better", a statement that he made long before any version of ST was even released.
He also previously admitted that he rated MM something like a 1.5 because he thought TZ was the better pin and didn't want MM to be ranked number 1.
So there are two occasions where he has given completely bogus ratings to a pin for the simple purpose of trying to manipulate the rankings.
Zero credibility to say the least. And believe me, I'm actually holding back here.

PM sent

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ratings to a pin for the simple purpose of trying to manipulate the rankings

Like 50% of the ratings, good or bad, on Pinside.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Like 50% of the ratings, good or bad, on Pinside.

Whatever. He is clearly part of the problem, and should be called out on it.

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cut him a break why?

To band the cant take away the lowest and the highest rating. Like when jobs are bid on

#448 10 years ago

I caved and picked up #545 today. My biggest reason for not buying one when it was announced was the increasing price. I was able to track one down for the initial price I was willing to pay after some searching. I figured what the hell, so I got one.

But I think I was punished by the pinball gods, As soon as I left with the game, I hit a bump and the entire rear windshield of the car shattered. The box must have slid and hit in the exact right spot to break it. So, with the windshield cost, Im going to end up paying the same price I would have if I had just bought it on day one.

Either I was supposed to buy one when it first came out, or not buy one at all. (Probably the latter) Im not sure I'll ever really know.

IMG_0919.JPGIMG_0919.JPG
#449 10 years ago

Main thing is the game and you made it ok.

#450 10 years ago

That sucks^^^^^Time to set up and crack open a beer(:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.