Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BenetBoy78
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
IMG_0919.JPG
KWIKI.jpg
282.jpg
282.jpg
1.52.jpg
STLE TOP.jpg
image-959.jpg
image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 5 years ago

I know in my short game life cycles it's like crying wolf. So far though HOLY CRAP is this game cool cool cool!

#2 5 years ago

I love hearing the positive reports before mine gets here, makes it more exciting waiting for another awesome Stern Ritchie game !

#3 5 years ago

Congrats! Mine should be here this week! Can't wait!

#4 5 years ago

Sounds like lots of them are coming in this week. Store in CT was expecting them this weekend but it got delayed until early this upcoming week.
I was to see an LE in person.

#5 5 years ago

Initial impressions (for me at least after only a few games), is that it's cool, but same old mission after mission. Don't be fooled.
Once you get it all figured out and realize Vengeance, Klingon multiball, warp ramp etc, you see that there's a lot going on after all.
Lots of fun so far! (day 2 and counting)

#6 5 years ago

Great news, CG! I get to play it at a friends soon.

#7 5 years ago

I was having a lot of second thoughts about the LE. I played the GAP's LE in his showroom and knew I made the right decision getting the game. Light show is great, backglass & side rail candy is sweet, kickback is great. I really enjoy the diverter return to the left flipper from the saucer. Red laser projector looks better in person IMHO.

#8 5 years ago

The pin is easily the best looking Stern in a while. I would not change anything on looks so far.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The pin is easily the best looking Stern in a while. I would not change anything on looks so far

Just think how good Back in Black would have looked next to it .

#10 5 years ago

That warp ramp shot is so satisfying when you make it even though my best so far is 3 in a row.

#11 5 years ago

I hear ya Jim.
I uploaded some decent pics for you pinheads.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star_trek_le/gallery

#12 5 years ago

Gonna go play now. Ill check back.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Gonna go play now. Ill check back.

Based off those photos it's pretty official that the speakers don't light up then like they did at the stern tour?

#14 5 years ago

They work in test. They are not coded to work yet though.

#15 5 years ago

Not in code yet. Oh, and the projector is better in person. It is not earth shattering but, it works and looks cool.

#16 5 years ago

some pics for this thread.

IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0963.JPG
#17 5 years ago

Yup. This is Stern's flashiest pin by far. Best? Remains to be seen. Can't imagine it'll rival ACDC but these are my two top picks at the moment.

#18 5 years ago

I really love the look and gameplay of the machine.....however.....I am compelled to put in clear flipper buttons with blue LED's. Its a sickness.....

#19 5 years ago

enjoy! two weeks into wolverine and I was ready to cut my losses. a month into tron I liked it but didn't love it. STLE? I haven't touched TAF or LOTR since I unboxed it! 44 games in 4 days. it kind of makes me wonder whenever someone posts a FS AD that says "under 100 plays" and it's a game they've had for 5 or more years. really?

image.jpg
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I really love the look and gameplay of the machine.....however.....I am compelled to put in clear flipper buttons with blue LED's. Its a sickness.....

What about replacing the white GIs in the slings with blue?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

What about replacing the white GIs in the slings with blue?

Your killing me.....just added it to the list.

#22 5 years ago

Congrats CG, how long will you hold onto this one? Preliminary interested in it if you have no local buyer. Hopefully this is not the case and it stays.

I think it is one of the best looking games to date by stern and code seems much more mature then some of there recent releases. Glad you like it so far, please report back when you have played it more as I am really interested in hearing how fun the shots are.

#23 5 years ago

Does the ship actually stay down in a crash position when balls are in play? Can you hit the crashed ship?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Does the ship actually stay down in a crash position when balls are in play? Can you hit the crashed ship?

No, even after it crashes, it's still far enough above the playfield that you can't hit the ship itself.

#25 5 years ago

the ship comes down, but it does not turn into a smash toy.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the ship comes down, but it does not turn into a smash toy.

That could have been cool.

#27 5 years ago

Based off those photos it's pretty official that the speakers don't light up then like they did at the stern tour?

Correct the speakers only have one flasher on the top side of each speaker and they do flash in test but they don't do a very good job of lighting up the speaker but after I bent the mounting bracket to line up with the edge of the blue plastic insert under the speaker they look much better now. The delta shields on the side of the back box also have flashers but they also light up wile the game is on from the florescent tube that lights up the backglass. To make the speakers light all the time we could put led strips along the bottom and sides of the blue plastic insert. The top has to stay unblocked so the flashers can light it up.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Congrats CG, how long will you hold onto this one? Preliminary interested in it if you have no local buyer. Hopefully this is not the case and it stays.
I think it is one of the best looking games to date by stern and code seems much more mature then some of there recent releases. Glad you like it so far, please report back when you have played it more as I am really interested in hearing how fun the shots are.

Lol was waiting for this post.

Do we need to start a side pool of how long CG keeps his STLE? (:

#29 5 years ago

#31 5 years ago

Congrats John!! Great to hear you're loving it.

Quoted from starbase:

reliminary interested in it if you have no local buyer. Hopefully this is not the case and it stays.

#32 5 years ago

I checked CG's Thread starting history, and he has never made an entire thread showing love to a new game. Could be a keeper.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yup. This is Stern's flashiest pin by far. Best? Remains to be seen. Can't imagine it'll rival ACDC but these are my two top picks at the moment.

It easily beats ACDC in shot selection; many more satisfying shots in ST vs the cookie cutter layout of ACDC; not to mention much deeper code in ST already; I urge you guys to get to the different levels in the modes; each level is more difficult and different. Not to mention 3 different wizard modes.

#34 5 years ago

Would love to see a pic of the warp chaser lights on the warp ramp; DOES IT LOOK COOL?

#35 5 years ago

C'mon guys! Do you REALLY think CG picked up a STLE?? I mean, nowadays you can really photoshop those pictures and put anything in them! How do I know? You see, JB (that's my buddy name to him) assured me he would send me some pics and comments on how he liked the pin once he got it and I just checked my phone and I haven't got any messages or texts from him. Haters going to hate JB! BTW, don't forget to send pics of your STLE pin once you get one in.

#36 5 years ago

Just set mine up on location today. It is a beautiful game and has that "I just want to play one more game factor". All the missions are fun, combo shots all over the place. Lots of flow from ramp to orbits, or orbits to ramps. None of the shots are that hard, yet they are satisfying.

One opportunity, though. You simply have to be in a mission, or multiball, or vengeance mode to enjoy the game. Otherwise, there isn't much left to do other than hit the warp ramp. This means you had better be good at hitting the start mission shot on the far left and far right, or pounding the middle drop target to start vengeance.

#37 5 years ago

4 weeks. Tops.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well it was a bit sarcastic and I should not talk , I may be the west coast version of cg. I hope he keeps it and know he always seems to find someone local anyways. But if someone wants to take bets or make a pool on this purchase and how long it stays it could be sorta fun.

Hopefully cg knows was just having fun and if I want a stle they are still available it seems. I personally have a hard time resisting this game as it looks like fun. Seems like the shots are pretty wide compared to some tight ass games.

#39 5 years ago

Awesome Coasterguy-So you are telling me ST LE is the shit?-LOL

Looks like ST LE will rise to the top quickly-good stuff

ST Illustr.jpg
#40 5 years ago

Cool. Glad to hear it. Looking forward to my machine as well.

#41 5 years ago

FS: under 100 plays!

#42 5 years ago

congrats Coaster! Glad you are enjoying it!!!

I am looking forward to playing one someday.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

CG really should just combine this thread with an early FS thread. Do it for pinside CG! For the servers!

#44 5 years ago

As of Right now (this minute) I would keep ST LE over my other two games. If I had to sell any. The play is fantastic.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

As of Right now (this minute) I would keep ST LE over my other two games. If I had to sell any. The play is fantastic.

that's a bold statement! I can't see me ditching LOTR or TAF, and my sons love avatar but if I
needed to downsize STLE would be one of the last ones I would get rid of too!

#46 5 years ago

It is because I realy dig WOZ and its crazy unique play. TAF is my favorite classic by far. ST LE is just so well done.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Awesome Coasterguy-So you are telling me ST LE is the shit?-LOL
Looks like ST LE will rise to the top quickly-good stuff

ST Illustr.jpg 3 KB

You gotta be getting excited. Hope you love it!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It easily beats ACDC in shot selection; many more satisfying shots in ST vs the cookie cutter layout of ACDC; not to mention much deeper code in ST already; I urge you guys to get to the different levels in the modes; each level is more difficult and different. Not to mention 3 different wizard modes.

Really? Really?? Each level is different? Horse crap. They all feel the same when you play it. All of the modes feel the same. All 18 of them. I don't mind that you are acting as a shill, but at least have a sliver of practicality. You could even call it a great game (it isn't), but saying Destroy The Drill 1 is really different from Destroy The Drill 2? No, it isn't.

#49 5 years ago

If they're not different than none of the modes on STTNG are any different than each other as well. Or on AC/DC for that matter. After all, you're just shooting targets after all.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? Really?? Each level is different? Horse crap. They all feel the same when you play it. All of the modes feel the same. All 18 of them. I don't mind that you are acting as a shill, but at least have a sliver of practicality. You could even call it a great game (it isn't), but saying Destroy The Drill 1 is really different from Destroy The Drill 2? No, it isn't.

Hey Dave, have you seen all 18 modes yet?
Just curious cause you're arguing that they're not different.
I know for a fact that the second time you fight the Vengeance, it shoots balls back at you fast. Very different from the first battle. First round of modes also time out after 30 seconds. From what I understand, that doesn't happen after the first round.
I'm still learning though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside