(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 133.
#601 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

One can only hope Pin-it. Guess I have to talk to the wife again about square footage.
Ken

Living rooms and dining rooms are over rated,a house needs just a kitchen,bathroom,bedroom and gameroom.

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Square Head at a fair price-
Ebay link

Egg heads cousin,nicely priced too.

#603 10 years ago

Do I see another O-din purchase in the making?

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Do I see another O-din purchase in the making?

Actually I've been wandering around my maze trying to figure out what can go. But tomorrow is another day!

#605 10 years ago

Bally Mariner. Just like Sea Ray, but without the ashtray.
ebay.com link: BALLY MARINER EM PINBALL MACHINE 100 WORKING AND SHOPPED

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually I've been wandering around my maze trying to figure out what can go. But tomorrow is another day!

O-din. You do know the difference between a hobbyist and a hoarder? Just checking.

#607 10 years ago

I want a Sea Ray not a Mariner. I like Sea Ray because it is a two player and has a much better back glass. Besides that mariner has been up on ebay for awhile now. It is in a retail setting and is too much money. It is a 500-600 dollar pin. Then the shipping would kill it.

#608 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

O-din. You do know the difference between a hobbyist and a hoarder? Just checking.

Never been a hoarder. I've collected auto parts, but as soon as the vehicle they fit was gone, so were they. I can get rid of things faster than I accumulate them. Sometimes it snowballs and everything goes. But that is not where I am at. Thinning the herd, but keeping the gems is what I'm thinking. I've got a few newer machines that I can live without.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

1972 Bally Space Time
Ebay link

I have my own Space Time up on Ebay...

ebay.com link: itm

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

I have my own Space Time up on Ebay...
Ebay link

I am guessing you bought something so you have to make room for a new machine?

#611 10 years ago

rat there is a sea ray for sale here locally ... although I like the art, particularly the playfield plastics ... the game just didn't come close, in my opinion, to playing gottliebs ... to me everything felt a bit more 'toyish' but I am sure others really enjoy them - to each their own of course

#612 10 years ago

I need to go play the overpriced one at "FUN!" in mesquite (Dallas) again. He wants anywhere from 1500-2500 dollars and he has it way upstairs out of the public view. I just don't want to buy retail. But yeah I hear you on the Gottliebs are better. Maybe other's will chime in on how they feel about Mariner / Sea Ray and the way it plays.

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am guessing you bought something so you have to make room for a new machine?

Yes... A Top Card, a Dealer's Choice, and a Sunset project...

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Perfect restoration candidate.

24 watchers already. How cool would that be to grab at the opening bid but it'll never happen. the BIN of $750 is a steal on a Square Head in that shape.

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

24 watchers already

Speaking of which, how irritating is that little watcher banner that shows up every time you try to click on one of the photos.

#616 10 years ago

E-bay being a pusher. Buy buy buy others are looking buy buy buy.

#617 10 years ago

2 people have viewed this item per hour. WHO CARES!

#618 10 years ago

What he said^^^

#619 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Square Head pinball machine Gottlieb RARE TITLE Wedgehead
Shh don't tell the other 24 watchers he changed the format to $99 starting bid no reserve. This baby is selling. I'll bite, that's me from $99 to $250.

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Shh don't tell the other 24 watchers he changed the format to $99 starting bid no reserve. This baby is selling. I'll bite, that's me from $99 to $250.

Good luck John. I'm out of this horse race.

Ken

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Good luck John. I'm out of this horse race.
Ken

I'm guessing it goes over his original BIN price of $745

#622 10 years ago

Another ebay WTF are they smoking moment. This 1977 Solar City with one grainy distant overview picture can happily be yours for 3k.

ebay.com link: 1977 Gottlieb Solar City pinball machine

#623 10 years ago

An ugly ass Gottlieb College Queens that has the same playfield layout as "Airport"

ebay.com link: Gottlieb factory prototype sample EM College Queens

#624 10 years ago

Hey look! It is a Buckaroo with a reasonable starting price.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb wedgehead em Buckaroo

#625 10 years ago

Hard to see but looks like it could be a pretty decent example. 3K is crazy for sure but you see that a lot on Ebay.

#626 10 years ago

A 2 player 1972 Gottlieb Outer Space in player condition.

ebay.com link: 1972 Outer Space By Gottliebs

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Another ebay WTF are they smoking moment. This 1977 Solar City with one grainy distant overview picture can happily be yours for 3k.

$3000 for that Solar City wow! P.M. me if you want mine for that price, No Problemo.

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hard to see but looks like it could be a pretty decent example. 3K is crazy for sure but you see that a lot on Ebay.

I have only seen one Solar City over the years that was worth 3k and it was on ebay a few months back and it was sold by pinball pickers out of Northern California. It had 4800 plays on it and looked like it was freshly pulled out of a box in 1977. I even called to see if he still had it but he sold it two weeks prior to my call for 3200 dollars outside of ebay. It was original everything including original paint.

#629 10 years ago

Ya, that low play one would be worth that, it may have been a HUO. A regular Solar City, not so much. Then there was a SS Solar City, that would be worth some coin too.

#630 10 years ago

It was a HUO. Here's a link to it. Get ready to wipe the drool off your bottom lip in 3, 2, 1.....

http://pinballpickers.com/pinballmachines/solar%20city/main.html

#631 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics Rat. 1 question, what are the yellow and red caps, that are in coin box for? Are they bulb covers, or hex nut covers. That is a very very nice pin.

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ebay link

The horse kicks the cowboy under led lights........

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ebay link

Flipper wear drag common for these games and the notorious rusty coin door - but it's got LED's!

#634 10 years ago

Yep, that one is super nice. A beautiful example if there ever was one. I am a little confused by the tax license on it if it was HUO. With that said it is kind of a neat and interesting element. I like it being there.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yep, that one is super nice. A beautiful example if there ever was one. I am a little confused by the tax license on it if it was HUO. With that said it is kind of a neat and interesting element. I like it being there.

Maybe it was part of a pinball league in Maryland. Maybe someone will chime in. It would be nice to know the history of this machine and if that is a Tax sticker or not.

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ebay link

You got to love the description on it to, name of the game, year and manufacturer and thats it. Does not even say if it works!

#637 10 years ago

Sometimes it's nice to be in the right place at the right time. I got a good deal on a nice Solar City off Craigslist a year ago. Buckaroo didn't cost an arm and a leg either, and has way less wear than that one.

#638 10 years ago

Odin...you got lucky...Here in Dallas all we have is CL vultures that buy anything and everything. XYZ B title 70's gottlieb comes up on CL for 500 dollars working or not. Someone then puts maybe 10-12 hours into cleaning it and re-rubbering it which is something you would do anyways to be able to play it. Now all of a sudden it is a 800-900 dollar game. I gave up on CL here in Dallas months and months ago. I am also picky with the titles I want. I like the A titles obviously from my want list. I am also picky about playfields. So I guess CL is really not an option for me in my area. All the CL listings that I drool all over that you guys are posting are in states like....

NJ,NY,VT,PA,OH,RI,NH and of course California.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

All the CL listings that I drool all over that you guys are posting are in states like....

NJ,NY,VT,PA,OH,RI,NH and of course California.

Well, Idaho is no picnic either for CL, more like slim pickin's.

Ken

#641 10 years ago

Here's one for our friends in the NJ area. Hurry!
ebay.com link: WILLIAMS 8 BALL PINBALL MACHINE WORKS NEEDS TLC FAST SALE

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Here in Dallas all we have is CL vultures that buy anything and everything.

Your football team isn't looking so hot, either.

#643 10 years ago

You shouldn't have to spend big money to get a nice original Solar City.
DSCN1919.JPGDSCN1919.JPG
DSCN1916.JPGDSCN1916.JPG

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Your football team isn't looking so hot, either.

I have always hated the Cowboys since I can remember.

#645 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It was a HUO. Here's a link to it. Get ready to wipe the drool off your bottom lip in 3, 2, 1.....
http://pinballpickers.com/pinballmachines/solar%20city/main.html

Take a look at the Atlantis - man, I was close to buying it.

#646 10 years ago

I'm uneducated on the value of the non DMD pins that I'm considering as my next pin. Would you guys be cool with helping me with some price checks. Also would like to know opinions on the most fun/bang for buck 1980's-1992 non DMD pins. I appreciate any help.
Thanks
PChop

#647 10 years ago

PCE...You are in a Electrical Mechanical pinball thread where most of us talk 99% about pinballs from 1950-1979 with no digital electronics.it.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Take a look at the Atlantis - man, I was close to buying it.

I have looked at every pinball machine on his website for the past 9 months or so. I told him I would have given him more than the 2500 he sold it for.

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

PCE...You are in a Electrical Mechanical pinball thread where most of us talk 99% about pinballs from 1950-1979 with no digital electronics.it.

I have looked at every pinball machine on his website for the past 9 months or so. I told him I would have given him more than the 2500 he sold it for.

It looked too good to be true - think that is why I hesitated - regret it now!

#649 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Shh don't tell the other 24 watchers

#650 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I'm uneducated on the value of the non DMD pins that I'm considering as my next pin. Would you guys be cool with helping me with some price checks.

As a guide. Condition and rarity feed the price/value.
http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0512.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.