(Topic ID: 58360)

So I decided to pickup a WoZ today, 2 in fact.

By markmon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 657 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pollyanna.jpg
pm.gif
baboon-facepalm.gif
image.jpg
shit-storm.gif
image.jpg
PanteraIsMoreOptomisticThanDanzig.jpg
th_HillbillyDance.gif
ac-pinball2.jpg
YoungPinhead.jpg
abandon_(1).gif
anemometer.jpg
timeout.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
download.jpg
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

In the case of WOZ, plopping down early guaranteed me an LE for $6500. I wasn't so concerned with my spot in line at that point, just hoping to get a good game period. My spot in the LE line did not change either. Personally, even at $7500, I think the LE is a good value compared to the Standard at $7000.

Fully agree. The standard is still awesome but like you said for $500 more you do get a lot of extras that for the price difference makes it a good value.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

I'm not referring to woz. Getting in at 6,500 was worth it I'm sure. I'm talking about the amount of future preorders they're costing themselves because of how they're handling woz.

If they have to sell some standards during this time to be successful long term I think that's well worth it for everyone in this hobby. What JJP is doing is not easy by any stretch and its very impressive they have come so far. Just think about starting a new pinball company during a time when many people thought it was not possible. Then think about setting out with the goal to make the best pinball machine ever, make it on a wide body platform which was last done 20 years ago, say you are going to make it a loaded game with new tech and then deliver on that with your very first machine. In the words of Darth Vader...lol.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Man, some of you WoZ guys are tolerant as hell... good for you though! I certainly am glad I stayed away from this WoZ debacle? (No too strong...) WoZ mess? (Yeah, that's better.)
How many here wish they would have kept their money in their pocket and stayed away and just waited to get their WoZ when they become available? I'm sure most won't admit that. I mean plenty here complain about Stern yet tolerate this? And don't kid yourself, your not saving any money. A $6500 WoZ over two years ago is the same as buying a $7500 WoZ today. And for many it will be a big disappointment. The hype will be hard (impossible?) to live up to at this point.
It looks like it will be going into 2014 for some of you... hope you guys love it!
Some will love it for sure. Some will force themselves to love it and the others will admit the whole thing was a mistake and move on without WoZ.
Which one will you be?

A big disappointment? Far from it. Nearly every review and impression for the game is great and it's build quality is better then anything we have seen for a pin. What's surprising is the high number of positive reviews the game code isn't even close to being complete. 26" LCD, 5 magnets, 5 flippers, two mini playfields, wide body, stereo sound, crystal ball with LCD, cleared screen printed cabinet, oh and Keith doing the code... damn! The wait will be well worth it for myself and other buyers.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If a pin ends up being a winner then most will always prefer the LE but with WoZ there just isn't much reason... yes, the true collectors will always desire the LE more but when you can take a Standard and make it 99% into an LE easily and pretty inexpensively that's just not good. JJP needs to do better next time IMO.

If I wanted to I could go have decals made for my ACDC Premium that looks like a BIB along with a powder coat job and could be done...it will never be an ACDC LE though and demand the same money or be rare. WOZ LE comes with powder coated parts, unique topper, unique apron with LE plaque, signed certificate, plus the shaker and invisiglass. If I bought a standard now it would cost far more to make it look like an LE then just waiting another month or two for my game at this point. What's awesome with WOZ standard is that it's still the same game with no gameplay differences. The stainless steel parts on WOZ look pretty sweet too! I wish I could afford both models and put them in different areas of the house, lol.

#206 10 years ago

Thank you Jack for your positive thoughts. I would say that 98% of Pinside is supporting JJP and wants to see the company succeed. Why there are several haters who really knows but the quality, complexity and fun factor of WOZ stands on its own. What you and the team have done is very impressive. JJP set out to make the best pinball machine ever and in my opinion you guys have done it!

#351 10 years ago

2NDGEN,

Thanks for the write up, that was a very interesting read especially from the viewpoint of an operator.

#376 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Because its WoZ... WoZ is a touchy subject. The WoZ heads are here to protect and serve JJP! They will bash Stern, will bash the Stern flippers that sell for a profit, will bash Stern quality, they bash Stern for incomplete code, etc, etc,etc... but when it comes to WoZ there are no rules. You can flip them for nice profit... all good. They always have an excuse for the issues regarding WoZ. Incomplete code? ... gotta be a good excuse for that one. It goes on and on and on. If your a WoZ head you'll do anything!
WOW, another Hobbit update... It has 3 pop bumpers! Where do I send my money!

Well, I bought a NIB ACDC Premium yet also have a WOZECLE on order and I'm a big supporter of JJP. People are excited about WOZ as its bringing a lot of new things to pinball, is complex, is the first wide body in 20 years and have Keith and Ted working on the code. Everyone from JJP has been on top of all issues which is great to see to the point that production games going out today are coming with changes in place. Nearly every review and impression has been positive with many people saying its the best pin they have played. Why is it that some people come off like they want JJP to fail? Its in the best interest for every fan of pinball for JJP to succeed. The game is already proven, JJP has delivered and yet some haters refuse to accept that and will continue to do so no matter what the state of the game is...kinda sad.

#386 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Jack is ALWAYS speaking as a salesman! And one you'd wish would stop talking and start producing.

Games are being produced and being shipped and have been for several months.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

He's one smooth talking g#$%. All sizzle very very little sausage so far. I'd be reluctant to buy insulin from jack old mate if I was a diabetic.

People are getting their games...Games are being made and produced every day. There are dozens of positive reviews.

Post edited by absocountry2 : racial slur in quote edited

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.