(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 9 years ago

Steve Kirk's Gamatron and his whitewood I got working.

DSCF6304.JPGDSCF6304.JPG
#78 9 years ago

NOS witch playfield...Kinda rare...

DSCF8578.JPGDSCF8578.JPG
#79 9 years ago

NOS Nineball Playfield...Kinda Rare...

DSCF1184.JPGDSCF1184.JPG
#82 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I heard Clay Harrell state in a Pin Ninja video featuring this game that Flight 2000 was a wide body rip off of Steve Kirk's design and credited to Harry Williams. Anybody know the story behind that?

I probably need to talk to Clay. That is something I have known through some details of hardware and discussions with Steve K. and Duncan Brown. It could of come from me. yes I believe the narrow body game was the first design. Was not called Gamatron from my knowledge though.

#161 9 years ago

Here is 2 NOS gamatron fields and the original first test print field from the initial test run....Yea more gamatron stuff....Yea also pictured is a NOS rolling stones (New from crate) and a NOS Frontier. Not as rare as gamatron but rare.

NOS_Fields.jpgNOS_Fields.jpg NOS_regular.jpgNOS_regular.jpg
#162 9 years ago

I have enough stuff to make 2 more gamatrons with a NOS field, NOS plastics, NOS backglass and black star cabinet and 1 more with the test print playfield. Would love to have all 4 at the Texas Pinball festival sometime. Just need more time.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Also a Laser Ball playfield I see....

I have a NOS blank and a Wired NOS laser ball field. The wired is pretty frickin' cool. In the original Williams crate. Just have not had time to get the game running. Some dished inserts. What really needs to happen is the blank gets cleared and the stuff on the wired goes to the blank.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Those playfields' layout look almost identical to Flight 2000 , What's the story behind those ?

Gamatron ended up being a conversion kit in 1985 built by a company called "Pinstar" using a "Steve Kirk" design. Flight 2k came out in 1980 but if you look close at the whitewood it is obviously 1979 so my belief and I have some verbal and physical evidence is that "gamatron" the layout was actually the original layout Flight 2K was based on and the design ended up with Harry Williams name on it which today is known as Flight 2K. Gamatron has a true "Ball Walker"... Gamatron is a fun game and I am fortunate to have gotten the stuff when Steve Kirk had passed and they sold his storage unit. Friend of a friend is how I got it.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from SCpins:

Why would you want to make any more Gamatrons?

To show off the work of Steve Kirk and take the games to the shows. The parts I have give great reference to the kit and its different forms and history in pinball. So why not.?

1 month later
#499 9 years ago

Here's a Stone's field that is somewhat rare.

20140719_172329.jpg20140719_172329.jpg
#500 9 years ago

Here is my Nineball with NOS original stern field installed...

DSCF1184.JPGDSCF1184.JPG
7 months later
#747 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I don't know, I think this game is pretty rare. I bought this game off a friend of mine in New Jersey, and as the story goes, it was in route from STI or a like company, and the truck was in an accident that killed the driver. The backglass was shattered, and the headbox in pieces. The cabinet was broken at the seams as well. It unbelievably came with an nos backglass, but if you knew the previous owner it wouldn't surprise you. I put a lot of work into to get it back to square one, and it was pretty freekin awesome. I sold it for $3,000 to someone that was looking for one forever, and the buyer knows anytime he wants his $3,000 back, I'm ready.
punk.jpg
below is a video of it I took, only one of its kind.
» YouTube video

Are the control lamps working correctly., Something seems wrong in the video. ?

6 months later
#795 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nos Xenon playfield
Possibly prototype, a few not drilled lamp holes, added graphic arrows, pop bumper holes drilled mirrored to other xenon pf's
Currently for sale in the market

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I think that is like alot of the Bally fields I have put in games. That was pulled from the line for something wrong and never finished the mfg. process. Both my Seawitch, Frontier and Stones were like that. My Frontier had the flipper holes slightly north and I was able to fix and make no difference. My stones had a few extra holes I had to fill in when I cleared it and fixed. Seawitch was registration which I fixed before I cleared it.

There is something up with this for sure but still a fantastic piece and would be great in a game. That is probably when you will find out what it is.....During install. I would compare it to one in a game if you ever use it before installing and possibly clearing.

Now before I install any NOS field I carefully check against the stock one in the game, find those issues and fix before I clear and install.

Any red paint on the side. My stones had a little red spray on one of the edges.

4 years later
#1262 3 years ago

I was able to get this Andromeda Whitewood back after about 21 years moving around the DFW area between 3 owners. I actually know the person who retrieved this from Game Plan. My previous business partner retrieved this from GP during liquidation. I also have the Gamatron Whitewood so I have 2 of these classics. I do have the 2nd test print field when Gamatron was being printed too. Plus some blanks

20180225_134103 (resized).jpg20180225_134103 (resized).jpgDSCF6303 (resized).JPGDSCF6303 (resized).JPGNOS_Fields (resized).jpgNOS_Fields (resized).jpgNOS_regular (resized).jpgNOS_regular (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classic_stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff?tu=classic_stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.