(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,260 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,048 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5345 (resized).JPG
Author Provenance Photo of Letter (resized).jpg
Full Back with Bookplate (resized).jpg
Estate Letter of Provenance (resized).jpg
Copyright Page (resized).jpg
Title Page (resized).png
Inscription to Hef (resized).jpg
Full Cover (resized).jpg
JB5 (resized).jpg
JB4 (resized).jpg
JB3 (resized).jpg
JB2 (resized).jpg
JB1 (resized).jpg
GW2 (resized).jpg
GW1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1063 (resized).jpg

There are 1260 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
#1251 75 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not sure if rare or even noteworthy, but I have some art from a non-releases Williams game Defenders (or Alias Defenders).
This was (as I was explained) to be the next game for Williams before the SWE"1 license cane through. Or maybe it was the next to be made after SWE I forget the story./ These came from John Popadiuk years ago (yes, I know, I know). I thought they were a cool look into the art process, but what do I know.
Most are copies so as far as value I don't think there is a real amount, but they are cool to me anyway.
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. $20 says he didn't actually draw this, though.

#1252 75 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Awesome. $20 says he didn't actually draw this, though.

Oh likely not at all. He told me it was a game he was working on (or in the team that was working on) at Williams when they closed. Who knows if that's accurate or not.

Anyone know any insiders that can elaborate?

Chris

#1253 75 days ago

Oh likely not at all. He told me it was a game he was working on (or in the team that was working on) at Williams when they closed. Who knows if that's accurate or not.
Anyone know any insiders that can elaborate?
Chris

After RFM and SWE1, Wizard Blocks was supposed to be next.
After that, Playboy was next (Gene Cunningham had a prototype with very very early code).

#1254 75 days ago

Non License Defenders might have been a back up theme should the Star Wars license fall thru.

#1255 74 days ago

Not sure if rare or even noteworthy, but I have some art from a non-releases Williams game Defenders (or Alias Defenders).
This was (as I was explained) to be the next game for Williams before the SWE"1 license cane through. Or maybe it was the next to be made after SWE I forget the story./ These came from John Popadiuk years ago (yes, I know, I know). I thought they were a cool look into the art process, but what do I know.
Most are copies so as far as value I don't think there is a real amount, but they are cool to me anyway.
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the line art one has a real "don bluth" look to it

2 months later
#1256 10 days ago

I have two oddballs in my collection. A 1 of 10 prototype Game Plan Global Warfare. A game designed by Roger Sharpe and art by John Trudeau (gross, I know). I hear it has a pretty awesome backglass animation that I can't wait to see! Bought it non-working, but it should be up and flipping soon! Also have a minty Jack*bot that was owned by the sound designer (John Hey). It has prototype WPC-95 boards which is neat, as well as many other quirks.

GW1 (resized).jpgGW2 (resized).jpgJB5 (resized).jpgJB1 (resized).jpgJB2 (resized).jpgJB3 (resized).jpgJB4 (resized).jpg

#1257 10 days ago

How about a very special 1st Edition of Pinball! by Roger Sharpe?
What's special about it? Read the pictures.
Note: contact information for Mr. Sharpe was redacted for photo.

Full Cover (resized).jpgTitle Page (resized).pngCopyright Page (resized).jpgInscription to Hef (resized).jpgEstate Letter of Provenance (resized).jpgAuthor Provenance Photo of Letter (resized).jpgFull Back with Bookplate (resized).jpg
#1258 10 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

So, now that I have been able to light up the inserts, let me show off my new acquisition. Twilight Zone has always been 'my' game - I own the very same game that got me my first arcade job, and it has been in my personal care since 1996 when I secretly swapped another TZ out in its place. (Long, unrelated story.) When 9.4H was in betatest, check_switch_26 offered one of his Prototype TZ's up for sale. I really wanted it, but I was JUST out of college, and had too much debt, so my 'bid' was beat out by another tester. Recently, someone here on Pinside posted that they had an 'unsual' playfield that they wanted to restore and put into their game. I saw the pictures, and... couldn't let them do that.
Pictured below is - for lack of a better term - a

pre-prototype
Twilight Zone playfield. (maybe 'Marketing Sample' fits better?)
[quoted image]
As I understand it, in doing research over the last 25+ years, at the start of the design phase the team needed to get artwork done for the playfield so that the marketing images (flyers, PR releases, etc) could be taken and sent to the publisher. The team wasn't ready yet, so some things were thrown together and art was sent to the PF manufacturer. I believe 2 or 3 of these were made. One had prototype toys installed (clock, gumball, etc) and put into a cabinet for the flyer. That one had the 'Clock Millions' insert hand-drilled in. (You can see it in the flyer, it has NO artwork/text on it.) Either another, or the same, playfield was used for the PR photos.
This one had nothing installed on it, ever. So this was ordered and put into storage.
While it IS neat to look at, there is no point in looking at things (like the "Player Piano" award) and going, "I wonder what that did?", since at this stage, the game wasn't yet a game.
More pics and closeups can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/mZ2qmYB
Plan on getting the art touched up as best as possible, and getting the field clearcoated to save and protect this little piece of history.

That is awesome!! More pics please...

#1259 9 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

It did. Stern Sharkey's Shootout.
The Sega Kelly Packard had the Golden Tee topper, they had planned tournaments at one time. Never did it.
And there is a lot more than ten around.
LTG : )

I owned a Sharkey's once and could have sworn it had a micro switch that would close when you put the playfield glass on just like Doctor Who. I'm assuming this had something to do with the intent to do tournaments?

#1260 9 days ago

Okay I have something to share. The picture attached doesn't show anything rare or unique. It's what you'll find inside. I flipped through this book that belongs to a good friend of mine. This book has traveled to 8-10 Chicago Pinball Expos and other events and flipping through it rather quickly I counted 56 signatures from various designers, artists, programmers etc. Some are no longer with us. The books that precede this also have autographs but don't add up to as many for similar reasons. This is probably one of my favorite pinball items around.

IMG_5345 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 23.00
$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 1260 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside