(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,288 posts
  • 332 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,070 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_91031 (resized).jpg
6CA52B84-7AA7-455D-9F15-4BDDFEBE1960 (resized).jpeg
75C96E1D-14E1-46FD-97DE-0931A682445B (resized).jpeg
5EDEC45A-1395-45CC-8FBC-7CDDAE573A4D (resized).jpeg
20201002_160346 (resized).jpg
20201002_160315 (resized).jpg
20201002_160112 (resized).jpg
BC1B225D-E8E4-4A32-B0C8-60C79ADCF99A (resized).jpeg
20200427_131235 (resized).jpg
First Race 2 (resized).jpg
First Race 3 (resized).jpg
First Race 4 (resized).jpg
First Race 1 (resized).jpg
Sayers (resized).jpg
39952917-1AB2-4A24-BC9F-CB80CE347BA8 (resized).jpeg
D9B71D97-5F6F-4E58-BF7C-165DD93E6D45 (resized).jpeg

There are 1288 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
#1251 11 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not sure if rare or even noteworthy, but I have some art from a non-releases Williams game Defenders (or Alias Defenders).
This was (as I was explained) to be the next game for Williams before the SWE"1 license cane through. Or maybe it was the next to be made after SWE I forget the story./ These came from John Popadiuk years ago (yes, I know, I know). I thought they were a cool look into the art process, but what do I know.
Most are copies so as far as value I don't think there is a real amount, but they are cool to me anyway.
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. $20 says he didn't actually draw this, though.

#1252 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Awesome. $20 says he didn't actually draw this, though.

Oh likely not at all. He told me it was a game he was working on (or in the team that was working on) at Williams when they closed. Who knows if that's accurate or not.

Anyone know any insiders that can elaborate?

Chris

#1253 11 months ago

Oh likely not at all. He told me it was a game he was working on (or in the team that was working on) at Williams when they closed. Who knows if that's accurate or not.
Anyone know any insiders that can elaborate?
Chris

After RFM and SWE1, Wizard Blocks was supposed to be next.
After that, Playboy was next (Gene Cunningham had a prototype with very very early code).

#1254 11 months ago

Non License Defenders might have been a back up theme should the Star Wars license fall thru.

#1255 11 months ago

Not sure if rare or even noteworthy, but I have some art from a non-releases Williams game Defenders (or Alias Defenders).
This was (as I was explained) to be the next game for Williams before the SWE"1 license cane through. Or maybe it was the next to be made after SWE I forget the story./ These came from John Popadiuk years ago (yes, I know, I know). I thought they were a cool look into the art process, but what do I know.
Most are copies so as far as value I don't think there is a real amount, but they are cool to me anyway.
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the line art one has a real "don bluth" look to it

2 months later
#1256 9 months ago

I have two oddballs in my collection. A 1 of 10 prototype Game Plan Global Warfare. A game designed by Roger Sharpe and art by John Trudeau (gross, I know). I hear it has a pretty awesome backglass animation that I can't wait to see! Bought it non-working, but it should be up and flipping soon! Also have a minty Jack*bot that was owned by the sound designer (John Hey). It has prototype WPC-95 boards which is neat, as well as many other quirks.

GW1 (resized).jpgGW2 (resized).jpgJB5 (resized).jpgJB1 (resized).jpgJB2 (resized).jpgJB3 (resized).jpgJB4 (resized).jpg

#1257 9 months ago

How about a very special 1st Edition of Pinball! by Roger Sharpe?
What's special about it? Read the pictures.
Note: contact information for Mr. Sharpe was redacted for photo.

Full Cover (resized).jpgTitle Page (resized).pngCopyright Page (resized).jpgInscription to Hef (resized).jpgEstate Letter of Provenance (resized).jpgAuthor Provenance Photo of Letter (resized).jpgFull Back with Bookplate (resized).jpg
#1258 9 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

So, now that I have been able to light up the inserts, let me show off my new acquisition. Twilight Zone has always been 'my' game - I own the very same game that got me my first arcade job, and it has been in my personal care since 1996 when I secretly swapped another TZ out in its place. (Long, unrelated story.) When 9.4H was in betatest, check_switch_26 offered one of his Prototype TZ's up for sale. I really wanted it, but I was JUST out of college, and had too much debt, so my 'bid' was beat out by another tester. Recently, someone here on Pinside posted that they had an 'unsual' playfield that they wanted to restore and put into their game. I saw the pictures, and... couldn't let them do that.
Pictured below is - for lack of a better term - a

pre-prototype
Twilight Zone playfield. (maybe 'Marketing Sample' fits better?)
[quoted image]
As I understand it, in doing research over the last 25+ years, at the start of the design phase the team needed to get artwork done for the playfield so that the marketing images (flyers, PR releases, etc) could be taken and sent to the publisher. The team wasn't ready yet, so some things were thrown together and art was sent to the PF manufacturer. I believe 2 or 3 of these were made. One had prototype toys installed (clock, gumball, etc) and put into a cabinet for the flyer. That one had the 'Clock Millions' insert hand-drilled in. (You can see it in the flyer, it has NO artwork/text on it.) Either another, or the same, playfield was used for the PR photos.
This one had nothing installed on it, ever. So this was ordered and put into storage.
While it IS neat to look at, there is no point in looking at things (like the "Player Piano" award) and going, "I wonder what that did?", since at this stage, the game wasn't yet a game.
More pics and closeups can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/mZ2qmYB
Plan on getting the art touched up as best as possible, and getting the field clearcoated to save and protect this little piece of history.

That is awesome!! More pics please...

#1259 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

It did. Stern Sharkey's Shootout.
The Sega Kelly Packard had the Golden Tee topper, they had planned tournaments at one time. Never did it.
And there is a lot more than ten around.
LTG : )

I owned a Sharkey's once and could have sworn it had a micro switch that would close when you put the playfield glass on just like Doctor Who. I'm assuming this had something to do with the intent to do tournaments?

#1260 9 months ago

Okay I have something to share. The picture attached doesn't show anything rare or unique. It's what you'll find inside. I flipped through this book that belongs to a good friend of mine. This book has traveled to 8-10 Chicago Pinball Expos and other events and flipping through it rather quickly I counted 56 signatures from various designers, artists, programmers etc. Some are no longer with us. The books that precede this also have autographs but don't add up to as many for similar reasons. This is probably one of my favorite pinball items around.

IMG_5345 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1261 7 months ago

Gottlieb Waterworld factory library sample populated playfield. One of a kind with clear plastics and part numbers hand tagged on all parts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97336

#1262 7 months ago

I was able to get this Andromeda Whitewood back after about 21 years moving around the DFW area between 3 owners. I actually know the person who retrieved this from Game Plan. My previous business partner retrieved this from GP during liquidation. I also have the Gamatron Whitewood so I have 2 of these classics. I do have the 2nd test print field when Gamatron was being printed too. Plus some blanks

20180225_134103 (resized).jpgDSCF6303 (resized).JPGNOS_Fields (resized).jpgNOS_regular (resized).jpg
#1263 6 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

I owned a Sharkey's once and could have sworn it had a micro switch that would close when you put the playfield glass on just like Doctor Who. I'm assuming this had something to do with the intent to do tournaments?

It certainly does. Well, mine does...

EF1D3F7A-C1BE-4080-A074-72A8D5394975 (resized).jpeg

#1264 6 months ago

Found this in an old warehouse in Milwaukee today. The bags were inside it.

AF960E6B-9B6C-4754-98E6-327B3F8A21ED (resized).jpegD9B71D97-5F6F-4E58-BF7C-165DD93E6D45 (resized).jpeg39952917-1AB2-4A24-BC9F-CB80CE347BA8 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1265 5 months ago

In memory of the death of Gale Sayers, here is a plaque that used to hang in the lobby of Williams...

Sayers (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1266 5 months ago

my friend found a machine that is the only one currently known in existence.
First Race is a solid-state version of a one-ball horse-race gambling machine that was popular in America in the 1940s.

he has 3 posts on it:
https://pindude152.blogspot.com/2020/09/first-race-solid-state-one-ball-horse.html
https://pindude152.blogspot.com/2020/09/first-race-horse-racing-one-ball.html
https://pindude152.blogspot.com/2020/09/first-race-one-ball-horse-racing-payout.html

This machine was produced for South Africa and uses a GEForce (Netherlands) board.
Anyone here know collectors in South Africa that might be able to assist?
Anyone have any further details or insights?

First Race 1 (resized).jpg
First Race 3 (resized).jpg
First Race 2 (resized).jpg
First Race 4 (resized).jpg

#1267 5 months ago
20200427_131235 (resized).jpg
#1268 5 months ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

[quoted image]

Do you.. maybe want to give some information on what it is? I mean, it means nothing to me..!

#1269 5 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Do you.. maybe want to give some information on what it is? I mean, it means nothing to me..!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2362

Pinball machine.

#1270 5 months ago

Here’s one for ya, the original watercolor backglass art for ground shaker.
BC1B225D-E8E4-4A32-B0C8-60C79ADCF99A (resized).jpeg

#1271 5 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hea new just breaking. INTERNET!!! enjoy

#1272 5 months ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

Hea new just breaking. INTERNET!!! enjoy

This is a "rare or prototype" thread.
It is obviously from a game, but what makes this so special? They made 100 of them - is this backglass a prototype? An extra? Sample? Art proof? I have a Nudge-It and Bell Ringer, which are MORE rare in number of games. I could post images here, but if I did? I'd explain them a little, so that other folks (like me and your post, in this example) know what makes it special, like a story on how you got it, or the story behind the glass.. Just.. a picture. Woop.

#1273 5 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This is a "rare or prototype" thread.

You asked for information on it. Not if it belonged here.

Sorry I tried to help. Won't make that mistake again.

LTG

#1274 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You asked for information on it. Not if it belonged here.
Sorry I tried to help. Won't make that mistake again.
LTG

But you Can't leave. You're a 1 of 1 rare prototype!

#1275 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But you Can't leave. You're a 1 of 1 rare prototype!

I'm not leaving. Just two more for the don't need help list.

#1276 5 months ago

Coyote’s point is that anyone can post anything but what’s really matter, if it’s not obvious, to explain the story and the interest or at least why translite is behind a glass.
At the same time LTG is one of the greatest guy on pinside and helpful as well.

#1277 5 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Little known fact. LTG is just as awesome Outside of Pinside!

#1278 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would love to visit LTG’s arcade ! I’m a bit far away but one day maybe !

#1279 5 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I would love to visit LTG’s arcade ! I’m a bit far away but one day maybe !

He does house calls if you have a ticket for him! lol Pretty sure for a trip to Paris he would stay the week to entertain you.

#1280 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You are biased though. You got mugged.

#1281 5 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Coyote’s point is that anyone can post anything but what’s really matter, if it’s not obvious, to explain the story and the interest or at least why translite is behind a glass.

This. Thanks for explaining it a way I apparently couldn't.

#1282 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Maybe the prototype, not sure about the one that's been routed for decades.

#1283 5 months ago

Most here will recognize this as Zombie Yeti's Alice In Wonderland art, from the infamous Zidware project. This is a limited line art print with a reflective silver foil finished (making it challenging to photograph).

Jeremy Packer (a/k/a Zombie Yeti) nailed this theme, in my opinion.

20201002_160112 (resized).jpg20201002_160315 (resized).jpg20201002_160346 (resized).jpg
#1284 5 months ago

Just saw this pin for sale. Really really rare, it’s a totem retheme... first time I see one ever.
If anyone is interested, it’s for sale in the french craiglist.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/jeux_jouets/1854079078.htm/

5EDEC45A-1395-45CC-8FBC-7CDDAE573A4D (resized).jpeg6CA52B84-7AA7-455D-9F15-4BDDFEBE1960 (resized).jpeg75C96E1D-14E1-46FD-97DE-0931A682445B (resized).jpeg
#1285 5 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Just saw this pin for sale. Really really rare, it’s a totem retheme... first time I see one ever.
If anyone is interested, it’s for sale in the french craiglist.
https://www.leboncoin.fr/jeux_jouets/1854079078.htm/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seems I've seen this local as well.

#1286 4 months ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

[quoted image]

Dammit I want that Star Light glass.... and the rest of the machine, of course!

#1287 4 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Most here will recognize this as Zombie Yeti's Alice In Wonderland art, from the infamous Zidware project. This is a limited line art print with a reflective silver foil finished (making it challenging to photograph).
Jeremy Packer (a/k/a Zombie Yeti) nailed this theme, in my opinion. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have one of these as well. It is truly fantastic art.

Chris

#1288 4 months ago

Another version of "Hell" ?

Edit Hells Queen that is.

IMG_91031 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 109.00
$ 129.25
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6,295.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
There are 1288 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside