pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20230127_013429 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_175301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_211008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_210634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_145140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russdx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Only problem is you need to have very very very deep pockets to sue. And even if you win, try collecting. Only people that win are the lawyers unfortunately. I’ve been dealing with this very thing for two years now. I’m owed a tremendous amount of money which I will probably get pennies on but I want to destroy the thief’s life for what they stole from me.

I agree with this statement unless you have serious funds you can't protect your patent and people will dance around you. Look at colorDMD it has a patent yet there are 2 clones of it for sale on this forum happily selling there product.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s the only thing I know of on the product that isn’t off the shelf. What about stuff that you design and 3d print yourself? Can that be patented? I know nothing about this stuff.

I don't think it matters where you source/build the components its how they are used/interact with each other in the final product.

like he might have patent pending on using led strip lighting to light up a play field or maybe its because the lighting is wifi controlled?

who knows

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Only problem is you need to have very very very deep pockets to sue. And even if you win, try collecting. Only people that win are the lawyers unfortunately. I’ve been dealing with this very thing for two years now. I’m owed a tremendous amount of money which I will probably get pennies on but I want to destroy the thief’s life for what they stole from me.

really want the full story on this though!!!!!

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

It’s not a very exciting story and way too much to write but here’s a cliffs notes version of the events.
It all started when a friend of mine told me he saw my product in some mail order catalog. Sure as shit, there it was and after a little more digging I find it in other catalogs as well. I contacted the catalog companies and said to pull the product or get sued because I did not authorize this and someone had stolen my patent. They complied immediately.
After a little investigating I found out who the manufacturing company selling my product was and sent them a cease and desist letter and that a lawsuit was being filed to reclaim damages. I even found that the owner’s business partner or marketing head claimed that she invented the product herself on her LinkedIn page. Unreal!
After a lot of back and forth we agreed to not sue but to enter a contractual agreement that entitled me to get a guaranteed quarterly fee to license them the use of the product and a royalty percentage on each individual sale, plus the right to audit them to make sure that they are not lying about the sales numbers. It was good for them and me since they had a lot invested in inventory and sales were doing well.
Fast forward, they missed payment deadlines, said sales weren’t as good as expected, and used other bullshit excuses to justify their breach of contract. I didn’t give a fuck, a contract is a contract. A cease and desist was once again issued and a suit was being brought against them. This company has been in business for a long time and have hundreds of products in their catalog that are being sold to this day, so the not having money excuse did not go over with me at all.
Lawsuit was filed and delivered, but the piece of shit thief kept ignoring it until last minute to prolong it and probably wear me down mentally and monetarily. I didn’t back down. Not to mention he was still selling off his inventory of my product.
When he finally had no choice but to address the lawsuit, he claimed he didn’t have the money that he owed me and offered 10K instead to drop it and walk away. No fucking way was I going to do that! Really? 10K instead of the close to 100K that he was supposed to pay up to this point. Add all the other damages and breaches of contract and he’s at about 200K in the hole to me. This motherfucker was making money off my product and I was getting nothing.
Meanwhile, while this asshole keeps continuing the case and prolonging the inevitable. I’ve had other big time businesses express interest in my product and want to make a deal. Big time like coca-cola/NFL big time. They want to do exclusive licensing deals but won’t until the piece of shit thief is out of the picture. So now this guy is fucking me over in another way.
This guy is still going along like it’s no skin off his back, still making money on all his other products and I’m not going to back down.
Sorry for the long response, writing this actually got me riled up again. I hate thieves! Time for a beer. Or two!

Wow thanks for sharing, so sounds like patents are not worth the paper they are written on? how exactly do you stop this guy from selling your product if he just ignores all communications? Does he eventually get put in front of a judge? Who can actually force him to pay up?

1 week later
#627 4 years ago

Any ever thought about just spraying the ball in some fluorescent paint and adding a few black lamps so it glows, as technically all of this is so you can see the ball? instead of making everything lit why not just glow the ball hehe??

1 month later
#645 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anybody here yet innovated a way to connect the stadium lightning to the playfield (i.e. not to the cabinet) e.g. with some small poles, which keep the lights up? It would be great to be able to lift the PF without removing the lightning separately first.
Please share your concept!

Has any one just tried sticking these thin light strips directly to the glass? so they just slide out with the glass? I'm pretty sure this is enough of a gap

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Might get a bit interesting removing the glass depending on how the wires are ran.

Yeah i was thinking just a little connector under the lockdown bar you just connect/ reconnect every time you want to remove the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russdx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting?tu=russdx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.