(Topic ID: 207096)

Pinsider DIABLO totally jerked me around buying a pin.

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-01-12-14-12-16-1387492866 (resized).jpeg
    9A83F285-F092-47EC-A32D-9238215F0D99.jpeg
    IMG_0742 (resized).PNG
    22javb (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    Diablo-High-Res-Header.jpg.optimal (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    come-out-to-play_Warriors (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    272fad194ea623df02dcb656579a75ecf1ad09087407662f0c1087ac6ee703a2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    22gv4u (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago

Eventually, Karma will catch up with everybody.

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's got to be some sort of mental condition, where its a thrill to almost buy a game....
    Imagine how he is when buying a house, a car, dinner...

There are all kinds of mental conditions on Pinside. People lie, therefore, pinsiders lie. When it comes to money, people lie.

If I had not received a FEDx payment in 10 days, I would have moved on.

How did you manage to let him string you along for 40 days? 40 days is like Noah waiting for the flood waters to recede. It is the old "screw me once, your fault. Screw me twice, my fault." and you hammered yourself.

Your situation is just the flip side of the, "I agreed to buy a pinball from a guy who said it was mine and then he sold it to someone else for more money."

I have been on both sides of the "buy" and "sell" situation. After about 7 days of no action I knew I was being had.

40 days ?

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You take someone's word, you believe their good intentions. He said he would send FedEx, and then he said he had sent it regular mail. With the Holiday, things can get rerouted or lost. Factor in his communication was about every other day or so, with him wanting to give it more time to arrive, and him going to the bank, him agreeing to PayPal, etc. 40 days happens.
    "When it comes to money, people lie"
    What people? Diablo?
    Out of the hundreds of pins that I've moved, this was a first.
    One.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from about taking someone's word, but it can backfire.

About two years ago a Pinsider posted a pin for sale and I said I would like to buy it at his asking price. The seller gave me a call. Apparently, this pin was in high demand because the seller said he wanted to think on it some more but offered me option of first refusal if he finally did decide to sell. I took him at his word and I said OK. I told him I would drive to pick up the pin and pay with cash when he decided to sell. I did not ask for special treatment; The seller on his own offered me the option. But the call never came. He turned his sale ad into an auction of sorts and sold the pin for more money to another pinsider. It took me about 7 days to figure out the guy's word was no good.

While my situation was on the buy side and not the sell side you are dealing with, the principle is the same. People lie. When it comes to money, people lie.

If you have moved 100s of pins and this is the first time it happened to you, then you must have really been living right. At least, you did not suffer the Paypal scam and lose any money. Plus you learned a lesson valuable lesson---for free.

It is like I said in an earlier post I made about Karma coming back around and biting. Everybody will get theirs----eventually. You still have the pin to sell. It will all work out in the end.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

The moderators won't do anything to flag someone's account as untrustworthy, disreputable, etc. due to liability issues. They may ban diablo from Pinside, but will eventually let him come back. Pinsider Gorf posted an ad for a T3 for sale on Pinside. Allegedly his pin was heavily routed; cabinet wear around flippers, playfield wear, etc., but he presented pictures of someone else's high end collector quality pin. Again this is allegedly (read https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf/page/5). Gorf was rude to people in that forum and refused to compensate the buyer for the difference between the pins. A moderator banned him from Pinside. He apologized for his behavior and was allowed back on pinside, and is selling pins on Pinside again (See https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/gorf/market).
    If gorf allegedly defrauded another pinsider and is allowed to still be on pinside, the moderators will not be banning diablo for jerking people around. Unfortunately both gorf and diablo will be on pinside as long as they want to be here.

I'm not interested in Monday morning quarterbacking. But both Gorf and Diablo are Pinsider contributors. They both have the little red hearts next to their names. They contribute to the cause, so to speak. Look at their sales action and you will see more than a few green tickets where they paid Pinside some jack for the privilege of listing and selling pins here.

Contrast this with some who put up a pin for sale, and then the ad says the pin was "not sold", and then, son of bitch, you go look at the seller's collection page and the pin is no longer part of the collection and has been moved to pins owned in the past and Pinside did not get a commission.

If you have bills to cover and you have to pick and choose, you are most likely going to keep those who ante up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-is-totally-jerking-me-around-buying-a-pin?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.