(Topic ID: 207096)

Pinsider DIABLO totally jerked me around buying a pin.

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-01-12-14-12-16-1387492866 (resized).jpeg
    9A83F285-F092-47EC-A32D-9238215F0D99.jpeg
    IMG_0742 (resized).PNG
    22javb (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    Diablo-High-Res-Header.jpg.optimal (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    come-out-to-play_Warriors (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    272fad194ea623df02dcb656579a75ecf1ad09087407662f0c1087ac6ee703a2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    22gv4u (resized).jpg
    There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 6 years ago

This is kind of a first in a lot of games sold or pending sold.
    Over a month ago (40 days or so) A Canadian pinsider agreed to buy my Surf Champ. He said he was sending payment by fedex or similar, so that it arrived faster. A few days go by and he says he sent it, so I wait. Nothing shows up in weeks, so I tell him. He then says he needs to cancel the money order at the bank, agreeing it should have arrived and all along telling me to "give it some time", that he had sent it regular mail. To this day, nothing has shown up in my mail.

Last week, he tells me the bank has to wait 30 days to cancel the check, but that he will send me the money via PayPal just to get it taken care of, that he just has to withdraw money and get the money into that account first before he can pay, which he claims he did.
    All along I've been very patient, waiting and everyday it's more of the same, that he will let me know when he pays, that he's paying, etc. I keep getting the carrot on a string song and dance everyday now for weeks and still no payment.

I've given deadlines that have come and gone, and everyday he's saying he's paying but doesn't. It's gotten to the point where it feels almost like a joke. The thing that really sucks is, I had 3 other buyers that I had to turn away because this guy said he was buying it.
    What would you do? I'm kind of pissed off at this point. I get the feeling that it's either a joke or that he doesn't really have the $600, in that case, why wouldn't he just say so?

#2 6 years ago

He's jerking you around for some twisted reason.

Tell him you are done dealing with him & that he can go pound sand. Sell to the next person you can....Gluck!

#3 6 years ago

After a reasonable amount of time beyond the extended courtesy that you had given without a payment or deposit, then the first who comes across with cash gets the cake and it's his loss.

#4 6 years ago

Would've sold it to the first other buyer that came along! Did he ever provide a FedEx tracking number? That would've been your first sign!

#5 6 years ago

Who is the pinsider so we know who to avoid in the future?

#6 6 years ago

Red flags everywhere...I would not sale him the pin now if I were you, time to move on.

#7 6 years ago

Not the kind of jerking around i'm into.

#8 6 years ago

Fuck him, and move along.

#9 6 years ago

If by some miracle he comes through with the money imagine how long he'd take to pick it up. Tell that guy to screw off.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Fuck him, and move along.

What if OP isnt into that? I say just sell to the next person that is willing to buy.

#11 6 years ago

should be able to sell it for that price to some one in person real quick! GLWTS!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

What if OP isnt into that? I say just sell to the next person that is willing to buy.

#13 6 years ago

Hmmm... This all sounds very familiar. You have a PM before I out the guy.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Hmmm... This all sounds very familiar. You have a PM before I out the guy.

Apparently, this has been done before to this guy too, only with a SURFER..... ^^^
    Ugh, so pissed, didnt expect someone to string this along so far with no real intentions, especially someone on here. (Craigslist, maybe)

#15 6 years ago

So it looks like I get to out the guy... The pinsider is DIABLO

My quick story:
    My sister had a Gottlieb Surfer she asked me to sell for her back in August of this year. I listed it and Diablo was all ready to buy it. He wanted to have it shipped up to him in Canada. He wanted to pay with cash via Fedex. I waited for him to send me the money for about 3 weeks before I gave up. They guy is a flake.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

that just made my night

#17 6 years ago

22gv4u (resized).jpg22gv4u (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

Cash (or reputation) talks,
    everyone else lines up behind

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Would've sold it to the first other buyer that came along! Did he ever provide a FedEx tracking number? That would've been your first sign!

we have a winner. Not surprised!

#21 6 years ago

I think that with no payment after 40 days, it’s time to move on. Give him a final ultimatum and ask for immediate payment/deposit, if he doesn’t, move on

#22 6 years ago

seems like Canadians like having DIABLO as part of their nic.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

seems like Canadians like having DIABLO as part of their nic.

Ha yeah I noticed that too.

#24 6 years ago

Is there a Pinside "safe place"?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Is there a Pinside "safe place"?

Not yet but I hear the purge is coming soon.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

The pinsider is DIABLO

Never make any deals with the devil....... it just won't end well.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not yet but I hear the purge is coming soon.

You mean a purge of the Pinstadium pumps

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You mean a purge of the Pinstadium pumps

HA god no that's not going anywhere...It's like the Walking Dead zombies.

#29 6 years ago

At first I though he was setting you up, so you'd finally agree to Paypal, and then get ripped off when he would do a chargeback a few months latter.

...but, it seems like he is simply brain damaged.

#30 6 years ago

So...really wants a Surf Champ but doesn't have a clue on how to broach the subject with the wife?

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

really wants a Surf Champ but doesn't have a clue on how to broach the subject with the wife?

Perhaps the wife already ran off with a surf champ.

#32 6 years ago

This may be calling the kettle black as I am not always running with a full deck . 150 Grateful Dead shows will do that . But there are many Flakes , Rude , Self absorbed pinheads . I have been given counter fit $$ in the past . Recently , Two pinside members tried to sell me 75th WOZ 2.0 . But as I cross exam there were not 75th WOZ 2.0 total lies . In the last month pinsiders responding to my for sale ads . Set appointment say they have cash send then photos. I hold machine for this person remove my ad for them because I am a cool person. And then cancel not (once) but (twice) for a deal verbally set up and confirmed . Even cancelled a Dentist appointment to accommodate This individuals needs . Total no show .
    Sorry you are being Jerked around .

#33 6 years ago

What ever you do.. Cash only. we have been scammed through Paypal before and so have many others. Sell the machine to someone who genuinely wants it. I would not even tell the Jerk that machine has been sold.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

This may be calling the kettle black as I am not always running with a full deck . 150 Grateful Dead shows will do that . But there are many Flakes , Rude , Self absorbed pinheads . I have been given counter fit $$ in the past . Recently , Two pinside members tried to sell me 75th WOZ 2.0 . But as I cross exam there were not 75th WOZ 2.0 total lies . In the last month pinsiders responding to my for sale ads . Set appointment say they have cash send then photos. I hold machine for this person remove my ad for them because I am a cool person. And then cancel not (once) but (twice) for a deal verbally set up and confirmed . Even cancelled a Dentist appointment to accommodate This individuals needs . Total no show .
    Sorry you are being Jerked around .

272fad194ea623df02dcb656579a75ecf1ad09087407662f0c1087ac6ee703a2 (resized).jpg272fad194ea623df02dcb656579a75ecf1ad09087407662f0c1087ac6ee703a2 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

This may be calling the kettle black as I am not always running with a full deck . 150 Grateful Dead shows will do that . But there are many Flakes , Rude , Self absorbed pinheads .

#36 6 years ago

Same issue here with same Pinsider and My buddy as well

#37 6 years ago

I hate Canadian Pinsiders, when I look in the mirror I hate myself.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from joefox22:

Same issue here with same Pinsider and My buddy as well

Well, now we are coming out of the woodwork...

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I hate Canadian Pinsiders, when I look in the mirror I hate myself.

#40 6 years ago

The funny thing is he doesn’t do anything along the lines of a scam he doesn’t pass bad checks he doesn’t come up with PayPal scams he just doesn’t send any money and keep telling you he will

#41 6 years ago

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from joefox22:

The funny thing is he doesn’t do anything along the lines of a scam he doesn’t pass bad checks he doesn’t come up with PayPal scams he just doesn’t send any money and keep telling you he will

Mine is all documented in my inbox, and I'm sure others too. Can't the mods give this guy the boot? Charlie Diablo Don't surf!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Charlie Diablo Don't surf!

But we think he shoo..ood...

#44 6 years ago

Is it a long standing pinside account? Or a fresh one set up just to troll?

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not the kind of jerking around i'm into

So circle jerking then?

I've dealt with many a dickhead buying and selling pins, tell this guy to kiss u right between the back pockets.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

tell this guy to kiss u right between the back pockets.

I'm wearing sweat pants.

#47 6 years ago

Damn it, ok tell him to kiss you where the sun doesn't shine and if ur sweat pants are assless and ur sun tanning I just can't help you. Good Luck

#48 6 years ago

Agreed Diablo needs to be banned from Pinside. Pulled the same bull$hit with me. Moderators just need to look at his PM’s.

#49 6 years ago

Look, I am all about giving someone the benefit of doubt, and a chance to live up to their words. But, the second this turned into the 1st shit show with the lost Fedex payment it should have turned into, sorry your payment got lost, but unless I have payment within the next 48 hours, it's no longer being held for you. Move on to a real buyer. You outed this douche bag, so you are done. You owe him zero.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

This may be calling the kettle black as I am not always running with a full deck . 150 Grateful Dead shows will do that

I think I might have rode on a greyhound bus from CO to UT with you once.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-is-totally-jerking-me-around-buying-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.