Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sc (resized).jpg
GORF_Classic (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
done (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170207-190614 (resized).png
s-n-l-goes-after-trump-again-with-melissa-mccarthy-as-sean-spicer (resized).jpg
IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
5120 (resized).jpeg
20170207_211802 (resized).jpg
20170207_211843 (resized).jpg
20170207_211903 (resized).jpg
20170207_211928 (resized).jpg
20170207_212109 (resized).jpg
20170207_212138 (resized).jpg
20170207_212146 (resized).jpg
20170207_212334 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago

My only sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

To the OP, how did you pay for the pin?

^This, depending on payment you may be able to go through merchant for resolution.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

Yea fuck off.. bring it!!!

Very poor form Gorf! The problem with shitting your own bed (which you have done here today) is that you have to sleep in it. This is too small of a hobby/community for a guy like you who clearly likes to buy and sell pins to be acting this way. You are doing permanent damage to your reputation here, maybe take a pause and reflect on your actions.

#204 2 years ago

And a few hundred would make it right. Penny wise...

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

And this is why he is being the way he is. He knows this is a first run in with the mods and won't get him banned. How long did it take choggarf to get banned for ripping people off? What about kaneda? Look how long everyone here wanted him banned before it actually happened. This guy will get to rip off a few more pinsiders before he gets banned.

What about too many pins and his too many topics that go nowhere?

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

What about too many pins and his too many topics that go nowhere?

Not the same

#207 2 years ago

Curious, but how so? Too many pins has actively trolled the most people in a long time. Might even be kaneda for all we know.

#208 2 years ago

I think the bad are the minority in the pin community. I have meet and purchased games from several great pinsiders.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I think the bad are the minority in the pin community. I have meet and purchased games from several great pinsiders.

Agreed. And once you start to know a few good guys they are happy to point out the bad apples

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Mike, what pin was it?

POTC it was about 4 years ago. Like I said it was in good shape, just had the flasher issue. And as you can see from this thread I felt the guy was a bit sketchy I was proven right. He had multiple Craigslist posts with different prices in different areas for the same game it was kind of wierd.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Curious, but how so? Too many pins has actively trolled the most people in a long time. Might even be kaneda for all we know.

@toomanypins is using a selling technique that you don't approve of, but he is not trying to rip anyone off. Gorf has allegedly deliberately over-stated the item's condition, and asked to correct his actions refuses to do so, making most people on this thread think that he is a bad seller taking advantage of another member.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

And this is why he is being the way he is. He knows this is a first run in with the mods and won't get him banned. How long did it take choggarf to get banned for ripping people off? What about kaneda? Look how long everyone here wanted him banned before it actually happened. This guy will get to rip off a few more pinsiders before he gets banned.

Eh I think his actions in this thread speak loudly enough. Even if he isn't banned everybody including me will reference this in any of his public dealings to let any potential victim know who they're dealing with.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

No horse in this race but I don't believe he robbed someone. A troll is different than a con artist. Too many pins seemed to sell a load of low end pins recently and they seem to be described accurately and they asked that you pick up in person to confirm the decscription. How is this the same? Troll and thief are not the same.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

@toomanypins is using a selling technique that you don't approve of, but he is not trying to rip anyone off. Gorf has allegedly deliberately over-stated the item's condition, and asked to correct his actions refuses to do so, making most people on this thread think that he is a bad seller taking advantage of another member.

That ^^^^^^^^^

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Agreed. And once you start to know a few good guys they are happy to point out the bad apples

When I ran a CCG business in the LA area we had a way of dealing with this type of individual...we spread the word verbally with all of the local store owners, event organizers and serious tournament players. We nicknamed one retailer "Rubber Check (sounds like John)" because he wrote bad checks to over ten other retailers, tournament organizers and collectors over a short period of time. Once we put the word out no one would take his check, but the damage he did to the reputation of other retailers in the area was already done.

It sounds like the other Pinsiders in NoCal all know to steer clear of this individual, but actions like this make the community look bad and discourage others from joining the hobby.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

toomanypins has a good reputation amongst a number of local guys I trust and is most certainly not Kaneda. Hyperbole on your part..?

That whole thing went ass over tit but a bunch of people were responsible for how fucky the thread got, I was embarrassed to read it and I have nothing against any of 'em.

#217 2 years ago

To the OP sorry you got taken advantage of. Looks like you got GORFED!

#218 2 years ago

Wow, what a dick.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

toomanypins has a good reputation amongst a number of local guys I trust and is most certainly not Kaneda. Hyperbole on your part..?
That whole thing went ass over tit but a bunch of people were responsible for how fucky the thread got, I was embarrassed to read it and I have nothing against any of 'em.

It wasn't one thread. It wasn't a single incident. It wasn't even over a day or a week. The guy continues to post threads related to his *find*. Eventually you stop giving the guy a pass and call the troll a troll.

Quoted from shlockdoc:

No horse in this race but I don't believe he robbed someone. A troll is different than a con artist. Too many pins seemed to sell a load of low end pins recently and they seem to be described accurately and they asked that you pick up in person to confirm the decscription. How is this the same? Troll and thief are not the same.

Getting off topic. My post was in response to Dr-Willy. He was talking about people who should be banned and brought up Kannada. I in turn brought up another person who continues to troll. This was never troll vs thief.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I second this. Have heard nothing but bad things. His pins being overpriced and not as clean as he claims seems to be the norm. And I recall him making a shitty impression when I called to inquire on one a few years back.
This kind of stuff pisses me off because often times it's necessary to do long-distance deals in order to get a particular pin and long-standing members of Pinside and the pinball community are supposed to be the ones you can trust. I know that most are good and trustworthy, but I also know that some are not. Best to get a few references b4 sending payment, just to be safe.

Looks like my (above) comment struck a nerve because I received a very colorful PM. Gotta love those Internet Tough Guys.

Hey Gorf. If you have anything else to say feel free to come find me at Pinagogo.

#221 2 years ago

Looks like my (above) comment struck a nerve because I received a very colorful PM. Gotta love those Internet Tough Guys.
Hey Gorf. If you have anything else to say feel free to come find me at Pinagogo.

Yeah he just threatened to sue me for ruining his excellent reputation

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Classic bullying scammer move.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

How pathetic can that guy get..man, I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

#224 2 years ago

GORF_Classic (resized).jpg

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

L
O
L

It's been bad for years. Maybe for ruining his rep outside of N. CA?

#226 2 years ago

I'm always suprised at what some people think they can pull. Maybe it's just me but I'm always paranoid when selling a game and probably put the game down more than I should.

One thing I always try to be clear about is how many years I have owned the game (5 years is typical for me), what I have done to the game and always always state that I have no knowledge of its history before then.

The only time I would ever be comfortable calling a game HUO is if I had purchased it myself NIB and I had not routed it.

Also, unless you got an amazing steal if a deal or bought it many many years ago games sell for less than what you bought it for most of the time (at least after all the love I tend to give my games)... get over it... thats the cost of the hobby.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It wasn't one thread. It wasn't a single incident. It wasn't even over a day or a week. The guy continues to post threads related to his *find*. Eventually you stop giving the guy a pass and call the troll a troll.

I hear you, just have zero idea why you dragged it in here.

#228 2 years ago

sc (resized).jpg

#229 2 years ago

mrgone has your six at pagg .

#230 2 years ago

Scrappy also has your back NorCal

#231 2 years ago

This guy should be banned from Pinside and definitely not allowed to sell anything else on here! He is easily the worst Pinsider on this whole forum!

#232 2 years ago

Why is this thread still open?

A few pages ago, gorf stuck his middle finger up at the pinside community

is there any good than can come from this thread?

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Why is this thread still open?
A few pages ago, gorf stuck his middle finger up at the pinside community
is there any good than can come from this thread?

Actually yes there is, it will expose him for the liar and con artist that he is and may prevent another pinsider from getting ripped off by him. I say leave it open!

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Actually yes there is, it will expose him for the liar and con artist that he is and may prevent another pinsider from getting ripped off by him. I say leave it open!

Agree, should be left open. Pinside should have a warning for sellers like this so when you click their Marketplace ad you see a warning like what is displayed for new Pinsiders listing games. "Warning this seller has received extensive negative feedback from the community, proceed with caution" or something...

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agree, should be left open. Pinside should have a warning for sellers like this so when you click their Marketplace ad you see a warning like what is displayed for new Pinsiders listing games. "Warning this seller has received extensive negative feedback from the community, proceed with caution" or something...

I agree, just think how many people already have seen this and now know who he is and will never buy from him. I'm not a fan of buying a pin without seeing it in person, but there is a few guys that I've got to know on here that I would trust. This guy is definitely not one of them!

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow, what a dick.

100% agree...How is this D-Bag still a member of Pinside???

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree, just think how many people already have seen this and now know who he is and will never buy from him. I'm not a fan of buying a pin without seeing it in person, but there is a few guys that I've got to know on here that I would trust. This guy is definitely not one of them!

the longer its left open, and bumped.. the more people will see it... got to be good for the community. Awareness.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Holy meltdown, batman.
I'm honestly embarrassed to read some of these comments. It's one thing to post feedback and experiences with a buyer or seller, but totally another to grab pitchforks and issue veiled threats.
gorf, your personal attacks here are not acceptable. I'm also honestly embarrassed and astonished to read about some of these past experiences here amongst your fellow pinsiders and pinball enthusiasts, as well as all your responses in this thread.
As with most disputes, I would hope the buyer and seller can come to an agreement or compromise.
Until then, let's all try to cool off a bit.

Considering that this thread probably won't be heading anywhere but down because of the torches, pitchforks, and name-calling, it is now closed.

nocreditdot, if you wish to post a follow-up in this thread about this situation at a later time, please feel free to open a moderator feedback thread to contact us about re-opening it.

[edit]: Note: prior to this thread being closed, gorf was given an all-forum eject and was unable to respond to criticisms in this thread or anywhere else.

#239 2 years ago

Due to gorf's behavior and abuse of marketplace rules, he is now banned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside