Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 573 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iphone 067.JPG
    20150321_103403.jpg
    20150321_101619.jpg
    20150321_095351.jpg
    20150321_090939.jpg
    20150321_090117.jpg
    20150321_085832.jpg
    20150321_083914.jpg
    IMG_20150319_145040.jpg
    Qbert b.JPG
    IMG_20150321_093022441.jpg
    IMG_20150321_105718187.jpg
    IMG_20150321_111153034.jpg
    OHIO pinball show auction archive.JPG
    OHIO pinball show archive.JPG
    IMG_20150321_130623838.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gnatty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from stephenshane237:

It will be there he's been waiting to take it there and let people play it

You two do amazing work, that Road Show was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for bringing them!

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Not true...Mine are NOT for sale.
    Phoebe

Oh I wish some of your machines were

#153 9 years ago

Phoebe

#154 9 years ago

Phoebe

#155 9 years ago

Phoebe

1 week later
    #306 9 years ago

Holy crap was it cold at the old location last year!

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Two days to go!
    Four of my games are cleaned, waxed, folded, wrapped up, on their backs, and ready to move!

One of me is cleaned, waxed, standing, clothed and on my feet ready to move!

#338 9 years ago

Trailer loaded and ready to go...
    Leaving tomorrow after work so we can be there bright and early Thurs. to set up...It is a 5 and half hour + drive with our trailer... but we are still bringing a full trailer!!
    Joust
    Algar
    Time Warp (with banana flippers)
    AFM with updated color DMD
    CSI
    MET Premium
    Look for the Cincy Pinball Group sign, our group should have around 15 or so games there for everyone to play!
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    Phoebe

Love playing Phoebe's games at shows, always look forward to playing her and her husbands great games!

#356 9 years ago
    Quoted from leesparts:

Simple math - the costs of travel, hotel, time, etc. far outweigh the small number of sales.
    I am attending the show to support it and simply offering to meet a few people.

No need to explain, that was a bone head remark towards you. I appreciate you letting pinside know what you can bring. My buddy is placing an order with you tonight.

#380 9 years ago

Safe travels everyone! Our van is loaded with two games for the floor and departure time is 9:00am.

#402 9 years ago

Just got home, and of all the shows I've ever been to, this one was without question the saddest display of JUNK games I've ever seen. Yes there were the usual people that bring awesome games in great playable condition but man there was a lot of junk. I brought two, spent time tearing them down, rebuilding and tweeking them to run and play great, but I'd say well over half of them were overpriced crap! I am not usually one to complain about people generously bringing games to shows but take some pride in what you bring. There were 3 separate sections of games that were literally pulled from either warehouses, old basements or sheds or whatever, bundled up and thrown on the floor with no care to clean them, test them, level them and test them to see if they play correctly. On top of that, pricing them above market value for sale. Most prices were plain laughable!
    I love shows, I love pinball, but taking two days off work and traveling for this years show was depressing. Anyone who was there will agree there was way more overpriced crap than any year I can remember.
    To those who spent time in bringing and preparing games that were enjoyable like myself, thanks!

#403 9 years ago

To Marvin, great meeting you, I got to talk to you more than in past years, you do a great job with all the work to set up this event.

#418 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I dunno, I guess I'm more tolerant of issues with games I'm looking to buy. Also, the number of projects available in Toronto are so few now, I'm happy to see anything for sale at all.
    You all sound spoiled.

Look, the show was great, but when it's promoted that there are 150 machines on free play and probably 60 are neglected basket cases that are there for one reason, to sell, whether they work or not cheapens the show. To the many people who took the time like myself to prepare and bring good quality playable machines, I thank you like I always do. But the overpriced turds that were there do not make for a good gaming experience.

#463 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How many games did you bring?

I brought two, sold them both on Friday. They were priced right, cleaned, rebuilt and dialed in.

#466 9 years ago

I'm not a complainer, I love attending shows, I just thought that there were a lot mor games on the low end of quality playability than I've ever seen at the show. Of course there were great games there, many people had awesome stuff to share. It was my fourth year attending this show and I actually liked the old venue better. I liked the old setup of rows of 30 side by side with vendors flanking the perimeter too. I did like the fact there was a buffet restaurant 100 yards away, hotel 1 minute away all in the same mall complex.
    Hey, if people can complain about bathrooms every year, I want to share my opinion on overpriced barn finds that were scattered all over the floor that really could not be enjoyed over the course of two days for me. I still spent money and supported the few vendors, connected with great people and enjoyed a pinball atmosphere that is a pinball show, I was just a little disappointed, that's all.

#467 9 years ago

Skypilot, I enjoyed your games thoroughly, they were one of the few groups of games our Boys went to when we did our show league style competition all afternoon Friday. Thank You!

#548 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shellyshane237:

After the show, I guess it is time for me to finally set up an account on here. This is Shelly (Stephen's wife, Evan's mom). It was nice meeting all of you at the show and thanks for the kinds word for my guys' games. Thanks to everyone that brought games. I know what a process it is. Every show, I feel myself turning more and more into a pinball nerd I look forward to seeing everyone again at the Cleveland show. The No Fear restoration is already in progress...

Welcome to Pinside, it was nice meeting you too! You definately fit into that Pinball nerd category,(not looks wise I might add). I saw you elbows deep in that No Fear cab working on it, I wish my wife was into it as much as you seem to be. What a great Pinball family ya got there! Looking forward to seeing your games at the Cleveland show

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gnatty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-2015?tu=gnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.