(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 455 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by N-Squared
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
    12.jpg
    1.jpg
    Stories.gif
    Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_175932 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider idahorealtor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3380 5 years ago

She just played that Middle Earth

tumblr_inline_mqkjlyb9ps1qz4rgp (resized).pngtumblr_inline_mqkjlyb9ps1qz4rgp (resized).png

tumblr_inline_mqkjlyb9ps1qz4rgp (resized).pngtumblr_inline_mqkjlyb9ps1qz4rgp (resized).pngtumblr_inline_mqkjlyb9ps1qz4rgp (resized).pngtumblr_inline_mqkjlyb9ps1qz4rgp (resized).png
    #3422 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Crap, I use sunlight bulbs...

Love those Sunlight bulbs. 2SMD Frosted Sunlight are my go-to right now. No yellow cast like you get from warm white.

#3423 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sunlight are warm white. They are the same thing, just have a slightly different yellowish shade. But basically the same thing. I use sunlight in all my games as well.

Seems to me they're right in the middle between cool & warm.

#3425 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I like Space Invaders but.....[quoted image]

Jimini Cricket!

3 weeks later
    #3525 5 years ago

Check out this LED kit for Cyclone on Ebay. 4 kits sold already! What is wrong with people? LOL

ebay.com link: CYCLONE Complete LED Lighting Kit custom SUPER BRIGHT PINBALL LED KIT

#3528 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop being suck an old fuddy duddy, it's only $156.

True. A small price to pay for such an effect.

909493_1 (resized).jpg909493_1 (resized).jpg

#3534 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On an EM? Come on. That's a new low.

#3536 5 years ago

My friend with kids told me this is THE hot toy this Christmas. A $50 unicorn that makes rainbow poop when you squeeze it. $10 for additional poop packs. I shit you not. If this doesn't signal the end of days then I'm at a loss.

GUEST_4735369c-2904-404f-9605-b19c337bce13 (resized).jpgGUEST_4735369c-2904-404f-9605-b19c337bce13 (resized).jpg

#3549 5 years ago

Oh man. That Time Machine needs to take itself back to before color LEDs were invented.

10 months later
    #4147 4 years ago

You guys see the RGB GI on the new medieval remake? Mother of god. And people are clamoring for it, referring to it as an upgrade.

#4148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

And werent you just making fun of the new MM release and its color? This thread is far from just picking on people with overly colorful games. You were just making fun of a stock game lol. And im sure the makers wouldnt release it with a problem of not being able to see the ball or play the game correctly.

Stock game? 1997 Williams MM is a stock game. New MMR is a lighting abomination.

#4153 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

LOL thats perfect

4 months later
    #4520 4 years ago

This shit show is currently for sale for $6000 here in CA.

71247260_2718609574839408_6257349140716453888_n (resized).jpg71247260_2718609574839408_6257349140716453888_n (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #4571 4 years ago

Anybody want to play Rainbow Hole?

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#4581 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Green algae in the moat.
    I’ll just leave this here..
    [quoted image]

Haven't you guys heard? People call this an upgrade these days.

#4584 4 years ago

I'm not sure what's worse. Clown puke in one constant color, or clown puke in a rainbow of changing colors. Probably the latter because it costs more.

#4588 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

CGC is going with the hot trend to help sell games.

That explains it. I have a natural aversion to anything trendy. Trendy = sucks

1 week later
    #4593 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

My friend pointed it out to me I dont come to this thread willingly. While I will agree the purple GI is not what I would have put in it, if there are people who like it and its their game then good for them. I prefer various shades of white GI in most games with some touches of color in the right places. I also however like Pinstadium which I will guess is frowned upon as well.
    At any rate I dont see the point of a thread where you insult other peoples games, easy enough to change them.

Often times the best way for people to learn what sucks is by others pointing it out to them. This thread is basically a community service.

#4600 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

What sucks to you is simply your opinion. You arent doing anyone a favor by making fun of their opinions. If thats what you really think, then you have issues lol.

Hate to break it to you but we don't live in some fantasy land where there's no good and bad, no right and wrong, and everything is simply a matter of opinion. There's all kinds of stuff that sucks. If all this site had to offer was feel-good praise it would suck, too.

Tell us with a straight face this car doesn't suck.

modified_car_guide_pic_1_new (resized).jpgmodified_car_guide_pic_1_new (resized).jpg

#4635 3 years ago

Lets get back on track

ea2f99913d1fabf19c9ffcae6744d7dfb1496ea0 (resized).jpgea2f99913d1fabf19c9ffcae6744d7dfb1496ea0 (resized).jpg

#4637 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

That green looks photoshopped. But still, why?

Maybe green spotlight bulbs?

1 week later
    #4713 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Another Xfiles from Facebook that needs investigation.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That's an abomination

#4725 3 years ago

Even the coin reject buttons got puked.

#4764 3 years ago

I recently bought an EATPM with a bunch of color GI. First thing I did was change that junk out at the slingshots and inlanes because I couldn't see worth a damn without the overhead lights on. That one change alone enabled me to play the pin in the dark. Still more work to do.

#4770 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

So I picked up a Taxi that was in rough shape, playfield beat to hell up top, missing topper AND it had been puked on with blue led for most of the GI. It has been saved and depuked. Wonder how much value doing just this has added. I still need to do the cabinet as it’s in pretty poor shape but that is later. Before and after.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude. Night and day! Bravo. Is that a hardtop?

#4794 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

You guys are getting slow. I thought this would have been posted 45 minutes ago already...
    [quoted image]
    The only thing that could make me want to play a RCT less is having to play one that was "lighted" like this...[quoted image]

I hope to never walk into someone's game room and be greeted with pins like these. Surely, the owner would ask "Don't my pins look awesome?"

#4806 3 years ago

Pretty sure Star Fleet would give the Klingons a pass if they blew that up.

#4825 3 years ago

I love this thread. Saving pins and players' eyesight one shame post at a time.

#4848 3 years ago

A blue NGG? That doesn't even make sense.

Reminds me of those ice age WH2Os, which don't make any sense either.

2 weeks later
    #4958 3 years ago
    Quoted from CPanther95:

I'm new to the forum, but I can't believe there's 99 pages of bickering back and forth about a subject that is just a matter of personal opinion. I can't even imagine how long this thread would be if it covered a topic that had more than one valid personal opinion.

Nope. As in most things in life there is a right and a wrong. A fact and a fiction. Colored GI run amock looks like shit. Fact.

This thread is a community service for newbs and any others who don't know better. We show them the light.

See what I did there?

1 week later
    #5003 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m picking up my 2nd pin this week from a nice guy who got it right .He installed 2 comet spots on slings to slightly brighten the mid Playfield on the IM.Ill probably going to do the same on the RR in areas needed but not the haunted forest.Its a haunted forest supposed to be dark right?Im new to this but I’ve seen so many pins ruined by carnival like lighting unless it’s the theme like a CV which looks great.Anyway what’s a GI? Lmso I just mentioned I’m still in my birthday suit with pinball.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

This new guy gets it!

#5017 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Got it home n downstairs to her new dwelling.That yellow strip is bothering the shit outta me it’s gone ASAP to match what’s there on Armour!
    [quoted image]

Clown puke t molding? The yellow is terrible. I'm about to put metallic gold on mine. Black also a great choice.

#5022 3 years ago

Yes, unfortunately, the yellow t molding is factory on Maiden premium. Seen the Barney purple trim and speaker panel on Mork & Mindy? Even worse.

Do we have a thread yet for hideous t molding and powdercoat? I'm thinking we need one.

#5054 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Brand new game, and already turned blue with more pukestadiums...
    [quoted image]

Someone thinks they're showing it off by posting that picture.

1 week later
    #5105 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Who's ready to play some Flash?
    [quoted image]

Sweet baby jesus. What is that owner smoking?

3 weeks later
    #5206 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Yikes!
    [quoted image]

you-are-terminated (resized).jpgyou-are-terminated (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #5595 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Fresh from the marketplace-
    "Pinbarf" or "Pukebot", whichever you prefer.
    [quoted image]

I swear people have no originality. How many more are going to copy this shitty red/blue concept?

Not sure what's worse. This, or the WH20 North Pole conversion, which makes zero damn sense. Maybe the latter.

7 months later
    #6598 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

WTFing disaster. Located in the marketplace. Seller: "LOTS of blue leds, including a blue neon automotive light, custom DEEZ ship, and lots of extra toys on the playfield. Lighted flipper buttons, topper shells, etc. etc. Needs absolutely nothing.
    I have to disagree with "needs nothing". Either it includes eye protection or 200 Comet warm whites.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've never seen a pin look so much better powered off!

6 months later
    #6911 2 years ago

Now I've seen it all. img_1_1640501374677 (resized).jpgimg_1_1640501374677 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #6968 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Pinstadium. How much more purple can this game be? The answer is none.
    [quoted image]

Pukestadiums are an abomination

2 months later
    #7194 2 years ago

Pukestadium strikes again. Seller says this pin is "perfectly modded" and only wants $18k. Very pompous ad.

77784d2afb000a5aecf8038bfad7962864d0a947 (resized).jpg77784d2afb000a5aecf8038bfad7962864d0a947 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider idahorealtor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails?tu=idahorealtor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.