Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8436691-4054-4974-BFF2-A4FF87E5B100 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg
    262y8j (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

I prefer to pay in card. I hate carrying cash it's annoying. I don't understand people that avoid credit. It's not a hard concept to understand it's not free money and you have to pay it back. You get points also so basically everything I spend is at a discount which is rad.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Paying for everything with a credit card is just stupid. Most people do not pay the card off every month and just pay the minimum so they end up paying high interest fees. That's just being stupid.
    Plus then they can track your spending habits, again just stupid. If I can't pay with cash then I can't afford to buy it. Why pay the interest??
    And then the comment on bonus points...the only people who benefit from bonus points are the businesses that give them out by selling your personal information to the highest bidder. Man wake up people no wonder our country is so far in debt.

You've got it all mixed up. The only stupid people are the ones spending more than they make and making an interest payment. I have never in my life paid a cent of interest or a fee to a credit card company. Unless you live in a cave and never touch technology the companies already know your habits better than you do. You might as well get paid for giving up that information with credit card points since you really have no choice.

Furthermore, people in credit card debt aren't victims like you're alluding to. They did it to themselves through lack of self-control. If you can't handle the temptation of a credit card then by all means you shouldn't use one, but credit cards have a huge benefit to those that are financially responsible. Also, the cost of the bonus points are shared by the business that pay a fee to accept the credit card and the people up to their eyeballs in credit card debt not from the sale of your information.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

And there's no sweeter sound than the sound of a coin dropping through a coin door.

Hell yes!! I love that sound.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Ten days is ridiculous! I've had my credit card compromised at least half a dozen times over the years, and each time they overnighted me a new card.

I've had this happen multiple times. Every time I haven't paid a cent and had a new card the next day. The worst part is going thru all my auto pay stuff and updating to the new number.

Now this only applies to credit cards. If you use your debit card than that's another story. I never ever use my debit card for anything as it is a direct link to my bank account. I had that compromised one time and it took a month to get the money back. The only thing i ever use my debit card for is getting money from the ATM which I rarely do.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Agreed! I don't even have a debit card, just a regular ATM card. I got into an argument with my bank about a decade ago, saying I didn't want a debit card. They insisted that was the only option, that they couldn't issue a regular ATM card. So I said, "Fine, if you can't give me an ATM card, I'd like to close my account please." The person sighed, opened a drawer, pulled out an ATM card, and gave it to me. I should've closed the account on principle right there, but I didn't.

Ha! I tried the same thing but ended up with a debit card. I hate even having it. It's a direct link to steal my cash. It's really the only card I worry about.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

If you refuse to carry cash, wait till you pull into a town that lost power. You WILL NOT get gas, lodging or food.

This isn't true. Most business still keep an old swiper and paper receipts and will take your card.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/credit-card-debt-surpasses-trillion-us-time/story?id=53608548&;

I guess people are way dumber than I thought!! Over a trillion. LOL!

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

LOL! You do realize that literally everything you buy has 3-5% extra baked into the price to account for the credit card FEES. You pay fees with every purchase you make unless you buy from a cash only place or Pinball Resource. The only reason the credit cards can afford to give you a little "reach around" with some miles or points is because they are taking you from behind for two or three times the "rewards".

That isn't true. You pay the same price for credit or cash. The fees do exist and do cause the price to go up but the only sucker is the guy that paid cash and didn't get his fee refunded in points. I still pay cash for things where I can haggle a good discount for it which still happens pretty frequently on larger purchases or paying contractors where they actually do discount the fee away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-ups-not-taking-cash-anymore?tu=deez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.