(Topic ID: 40416)

Metallica Pinball - My neighbors are gonna s*** a brick!

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChrisS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Metal_up_Your_Ass.jpg
Pantera-groupeGlam02[1].jpg
metallicops.jpg
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 11 years ago

the band was a hungry and heavy metal band in the eighties ! but now metallica are 3 guys that play heavy metal but no longer like the genre or listen to it . plus they have one hired gun on bass . kinda like a cover band ! lol LETS HOPE IT IS A GREAT GAME

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I loved Metallica all the way through Master Of Puppets - after that they just became a parody of themselves.
I'd buy a Metallica pin, but only if the music was their early, best work.
This is what Metallica could have been if Lars was not such a tosser:
» YouTube video

I love heavy metal, I hate the screamer/growler vocals that's been dominating for the last decade. There's a few older bands still putting out good stuff and a few new bands putting out good stuff, but nothing coming out today can hold a candle to what was coming out 43 years ago. Just watch Bill on the drums the guy is unmatched, he inverts his sticks and just relentlessly smashes that tiny kit, I do not know how it lasts a song let alone a whole show.

#53 11 years ago

Metallica were only popular when they were a toned down mtv friendly misfits rip off/cover band. As soon as they started developing their own sound they sucked.

#54 11 years ago

Would you be my neighbor!

#55 11 years ago

Tour dates. Sold Out every show in Australia, starting this weekend. Then UAE, Tokyo.

http://www.metallica.com/tour_date_list.asp?show=current

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Metallica were only popular when they were a toned down mtv friendly misfits rip off/cover band.

Yeah, they totally aren't popular anymore. Clearly the stadiums they've been selling out are filled with robots they bring on tour with them and not actual people.

I love how people seem to be in denial with how popular Metallica STILL is to this day. Yes, they had many bad albums in the 90's, but Death Magnetic while not a complete return to form, is a much more solid outing.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Metallica were only popular when they were a toned down mtv friendly misfits rip off/cover band. As soon as they started developing their own sound they sucked.

So what you're saying is that after inventing the musical genre "thrash" with their first 4 albums, and after going MTV friendly for 3 albums, only then did they start developing their sound... 22 years later?

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

I hate the screamer/growler vocals that's been dominating for the last decade.

+1000
It was cool when Pantera did it... but what followed afterwards killed metal for me. I only listen to the classics now because of this. Or maybe I'm just showing my age?
Btw, love early Metallica... totally not interested in a Metallica pin.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

It was cool when Pantera did it..

Nailed it! I was thinkin' they were the first. Remember when they were just another hair band?

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remember when they were just another hair band?» YouTube video

Pantera doesn't even remember when they were a hair band. They do not list their early albums on their official website and will not speak of them.

Pantera-groupeGlam02[1].jpgPantera-groupeGlam02[1].jpg

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is what Metallica could have been if Lars was not such a tosser:

Quoted from Jeremecium:

The Metallica guys would have been the Lamb of God guys instead of themselves? Whatever this is supposed to mean.

Yes, clearly that is what it means to any person who natively speaks the English language .

/s

#62 11 years ago

Dude, if you like ACDC and want this Metalica, you should play TRS. Mick dances around on a stick. Its way epic!

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

Pantera doesn't even remember when they were a hair band. They do not list their early albums on their official website and will not speak of them.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video

Darrell was a great guitarist but since I never liked Pantera I had to look to his side projects to listen to him. He did a lot of work with John Bush era Anthrax, this is the best IMHO. Fantastic video too with a pinball connection if you can connect the dots:

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Metallica still has not been confirmed and no one has sneak pics of "Metallica like objects" at Stern like they did for Avengers. I wouldn't totally shocked to see Stern pull out something unexpected like Resident Evil (though I think they are saving RE for LCD screen since it has so much footage and only one more movie to go to finish the series).

My sources say it is a taylor swift themed pin. I am supposed to be getting some spy shots soon of prototype.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nailed it! I was thinkin' they were the first. Remember when they were just another hair band?
» YouTube video

Quoted from 7Warpig7:

I have "METAL MAGIC",and "I AM the NIGHT",on mint LP

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

I love heavy metal, I hate the screamer/growler vocals that's been dominating for the last decade. There's a few older bands still putting out good stuff and a few new bands putting out good stuff, but nothing coming out today can hold a candle to what was coming out 43 years ago. Just watch Bill on the drums the guy is unmatched, he inverts his sticks and just relentlessly smashes that tiny kit, I do not know how it lasts a song let alone a whole show.
» YouTube video

SECOND favorite all time song

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

My sources say it is a taylor swift themed pin. I am supposed to be getting some spy shots soon of prototype.

LOL!

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

SECOND favorite all time song

Half a million people jammed Ontario Motor Speedway in 1974 to watch this!

#70 11 years ago

A Metallica pin, huh? Maybe 20 years ago.

#71 11 years ago

You asked for it! You got it! Black Sabbath NIB-

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Half a million people jammed Ontario Motor Speedway in 1974 to watch this!» YouTube video

Waaaaaaay too much cocaine in them by 1974, they lost it. The 1970 Paris show where you got NIB from is epic beyond description.

#73 11 years ago

I prefer Ozzy as a solo artist.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

The 1970 Paris show where you got NIB from is epic beyond description.

It's nice to have such an old vid of such quality available. I saw priest on the Hell Bent tour when they still had Les Binks- Epic, but this is the best vid avail? WTF?

#75 11 years ago

A glorified version of the Rolling Stone pin with Lars going back and forth on the playfield saying don't hit me or I will sue you! This bad used to my all time fav but then I learned the truth that without Dave Mustaine or Cliff Burton the are plagerising hacks just as big of hacks as Slash!

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's nice to have such an old vid of such quality available. I saw priest on the Hell Bent tour when they still had Les Binks- Epic, but this is the best vid avail? WTF?» YouTube video

LOL!! Halford looks like he is getting ready to go figure skating in that outfit. Never saw that one before. Awesome song though, one of the greatest.

#77 11 years ago

The Metallica pin is likely to be really lame with 75% of the songs from Load or later. Talk about weak! Pass.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

Never saw that one before. Awesome song though, one of the greatest.

I saw it first hand at the Starwood club in Hollywood when I was 16. Insane! By the time they came back a few months later, Binks was gone, they had released Unleashed in the East, and had the leather and the Harley. I've seen them a few times since, but I'll never forget the Starwood show- Epic!

#79 11 years ago

Man there sure are a lot of ignorant haters in this thread. Wtf?

Metallica pin will be epic. It will have mostly older songs similar to their current playlist. Why would they put their worst songs in it?!

Even the earth shaker conversion is a blast to play.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's nice to have such an old vid of such quality available. I saw priest on the Hell Bent tour when they still had Les Binks- Epic, but this is the best vid avail? WTF?
» YouTube video

LOVE LOVE this song
here's a pic from when I first saw them 1977, Washinton,D.C.

#84 11 years ago

oh well

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For over $4000 this is an investment-are you kidding me! When you buy a car for over $4000 I hope you consider that a chunk of money and choose wisely. The only time I let go of a dollar is to get a better grip on it.

To each their own. If I sell my machines later on, I will not be upset if I don't make money on my purchases. I bought these to play and enjoy, not to collect and sell for profit.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Man there sure are a lot of ignorant haters in this thread. Wtf?
Metallica pin will be epic. It will have mostly older songs similar to their current playlist. Why would they put their worst songs in it?!
Even the Earth Shaker conversion is a blast to play.

I've been playing music for over 20 years and can play on my guitar or bass about 80% of there songs up to the black album from memory while learning how to play music a long time ago. I would say that I know a thing or 2 about Metallica. Fact 1 Dave Mustaine created/wrote much of the first two albums and is not fully credited for what he wrote. Fact 2 Cliff Burton was a God and taught Lars and James about writing music and what melody is. Fact 3 Lars and James rip off 80% of there songs that they get credit from on the 1st two albums from bands Motorhead and Angle Witch. Listen to Motorhead and Angel Witch albums and you'll say hey that riff is on a Metallica album. I will give credit where credit is due and say I don't know how the F they wrote ....And Justice for All and I have a hard time believing they did but can't prove that they didn't so kudos to them on that one. Fact 4 Bob Rock helped right and made the Black Album from his own vision. You wanna know what kinda of Music James and Lars write when the are forced to by themselves. Looke at Load, Re-Load and St. Anger (these are the true Metallica albums as written by Lars and James) and then we have Death Magnetic which is a very good album, but while listening to it, it almost makes me fell like they panned way to much of what their "fans" wanted. and took a pieces of their old songs re-mixed them and slightly changed them, its almost like a Metallica Remix. Dave Mustaine is a Hero and has writen geez 14+15 albums mostly on his own, its all bad ass and its all original!!! MEGADETH forever!!!!!

#87 11 years ago

Man there sure are a lot of ignorant haters in this thread

First off, it's time to remove the word "haters" from the lexicon. Secondly, I've been a fan for nearly 30 years and I think this idea has missed it's mark by nearly 20 years.

Why would they put their worst songs in it?!

This is why I fear it's time has passed. Unless they only use albums made before the Black album, I think it's a no go.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The Metallica pin is likely to be really lame with 75% of the songs from Load or later. Talk about weak! Pass.

Source or assumption?

#89 11 years ago

I have zero interest in buying a Metallica-themed pinball machine. It could serve me breakfast every morning and clean my house while I'm away and I'd still be upset enough over the theme to not buy it. I just don't like the band, and the music would drive me insane having to hear it that often.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Source or assumption?

ASSumption.

#91 11 years ago

I would imagine that Metallica would prefer that their newer work be featured, but after seeing how AC/DC came together with a "greatest hits" of sorts, I think it's a total toss up how the music could be handled.

#92 11 years ago

I think a Metallica pin would be awesome. But do we have anything solid pointing to this being Stern's next game?

#93 11 years ago

MNPinball is not denying it. = Proof.

#94 11 years ago
#95 11 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Metallica sucks. They haven't even been relevant since the 90's, when they went to s***.
Post edited by SealClubber : Language

I agree with this statement for the exception of Justice was the last relevant Metallica. The Black Album is crap. If it was a different band, I might like it, but it certainly wasn't Metallica. Unfortunately, the Black Album was kind of the born again Metallica, because the Black Album and beyond is just garbage. Just my opinion.

#96 11 years ago

Kill 'em All is the only one I still need (although the occasional throwdown of Master or Lightning still gets me going).

#97 11 years ago

Wasn't sure if that was the case so I figured I would ask for details.

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I've been playing music for over 20 years and can play on my guitar or bass about 80% of there songs up to the black album from memory while learning how to play music a long time ago. I would say that I know a thing or 2 about Metallica. Fact 1 Dave Mustaine created/wrote much of the first two albums and is not fully credited for what he wrote. Fact 2 Cliff Burton was a God and taught Lars and James about writing music and what melody is. Fact 3 Lars and James rip off 80% of there songs that they get credit from on the 1st two albums from bands Motorhead and Angle Witch. Listen to Motorhead and Angel Witch albums and you'll say hey that riff is on a Metallica album. I will give credit where credit is due and say I don't know how the F they wrote ....And Justice for All and I have a hard time believing they did but can't prove that they didn't so kudos to them on that one. Fact 4 Bob Rock helped right and made the Black Album from his own vision. You wanna know what kinda of Music James and Lars write when the are forced to by themselves. Looke at Load, Re-Load and St. Anger (these are the true Metallica albums as written by Lars and James) and then we have Death Magnetic which is a very good album, but while listening to it, it almost makes me fell like they panned way to much of what their "fans" wanted. and took a pieces of their old songs re-mixed them and slightly changed them, its almost like a Metallica Remix. Dave Mustaine is a Hero and has writen geez 14+15 albums mostly on his own, its all bad ass and its all original!!! MEGADETH forever!!!!!

So...I take it you're NOT going to preorder a Metallica pin?

Just kidding...your post was an interesting read for me.

--Luke

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Haha, Napster shut down mode like on JM. Instead of a Jukebox there will be a MP3 player that moves back and forth and blocks your shots.

No...instead of TILT it says NAPSTERD!

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Don't forget Venom as another one Metallica took their whole sound from. This is why I laugh when people claim Metallica "invented" thrash metal. They definitely helped it rise to popularity, but they invented nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-my-neighbors-are-gonna-shit-a-brick/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.