(Topic ID: 40416)

Metallica Pinball - My neighbors are gonna s*** a brick!

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChrisS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Metal_up_Your_Ass.jpg
Pantera-groupeGlam02[1].jpg
metallicops.jpg
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have zero interest in buying a Metallica-themed pinball machine. It could serve me breakfast every morning and clean my house while I'm away and I'd still be upset enough over the theme to not buy it. I just don't like the band, and the music would drive me insane having to hear it that often.

LOL-on the floor laughing now-my stomach hurts

#102 11 years ago

Music, like religion and politics, should not be talked about on an internet forum. People get upset over the smallest things. I love the Metallica sucks, no they don't arguments...waste of time. Release this already Stern.

#103 11 years ago

OK – so we all like or dislike Metallica as a band
We all appear to like or dislike their pre BLACK/ post BLACk stuff musically.

What I want to know is IF there is actual truth to these rumours.
I am currently hanging off buying my next game based solely on whether Stern release a Metallica game or not AND how it looks, sounds and plays when released. ACDC is a cracker of a game and i don’t think Stern need to stray too far off a proven idea.

With the next release of a game due in 3 or 4 months tops , surely we are VERY close to getting some official news.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

Music, like religion and politics, should not be talked about on an internet forum. People get upset over the smallest things. I love the Metallica sucks, no they don't arguments...waste of time.

I think it's fun to hear what people think about a band.

-

We were at the strip bar and a chick (probably 18 years old) says "What the f*** is this shit???" looking up at the speakers.

"That is a band called Metallica" I said (they were playing "Hero of the Day") while an older broad was dancing on the stage.

"This is Metallica??? My dad used to love Metallica. I thought they were, you know, FAST" she said.

"They, you know, got old" said I.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : profanity.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think it's fun to hear what people think about a band.
-
We were at the strip bar and a chick (probably 18 years old) says "What the f*** is this shit???" looking up at the speakers.
"That is a band called Metallica" I said (they were playing "Hero of the Day") while an older broad was dancing on the stage.
"This is Metallica??? My dad used to love Metallica. I thought they were, you know, FAST" she said.
Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : profanity.

Well Played sir, well played.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not even remotely defending "Load," but come on now. Almost every album has had slower songs and ballads. That one does particularly suck but it's not like it's a new thing. People were calling them sellouts when they did Fade to Black, too.

You've said you liked the early albums, have you even listened to Death Magnetic? It's pretty great. Definitely not slow.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Not even remotely defending "Load," but come on now. Almost every album has had slower songs and ballads. That one does particularly suck but it's not like it's a new thing. People were calling them sellouts when they did Fade to Black, too.
You've said you liked the early albums, have you even listened to Death Magnetic? It's pretty great. Definitely not slow.

Yeah its better than Re-Load and St. Anger, but listen to it and really listen to the parts of each song and you'll say, oh that sounds like Creeping Death, Oh that part is the outro to F2B, and this one has the same beat as Battery. Its almost like a remix with a few new parts. To me it sounds like its too pandering. I guess they just can't win!! Oh and I totally forgot about this till right now and nobody else has mentioned it. What do you all think about there latest effort "LULU" hahahahaha NUFF Said go to Youtube and listen to that album then come back and tell me they still got it....

#108 11 years ago

Wow it took THREE pages before someone mentioned Lulu. That wasn't a Metallica album. There is really no reason to bring it up other than to just continue to shit on Metallica.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I thought they were, you know, FAST" she said.

I'll show you fast!

#110 11 years ago

No it was a joint effort Lou Reed album, but is shows you were their head is.

Quoted from flashburn:Wow it took THREE pages before someone mentioned Lulu. That wasn't a Metallica album. There is really no reason to bring it up other than to just continue to shit on Metallica.

Technically no its not a "Metallica" Album, then neither is Garage Days Re-RE-RE-revisted as that is all cover music, and neither is any of their cover songs. Its Metallica as Metallica gets. Listen to it its their sound, James singing and Lou Reed doing what Lou Reed does. They are too big, out of touch with their true fans and in my opinion not as good as they once were. Look at bands like Rush, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth, oh and Anthrax's new album Worship Music which is maybe there best album who put out new original music every 2 years or so and its all great. I've had no problem laying down my hard earned cash to buy each and everyone of their recent albums and I just don't see that out of Metallica. Jason Newstead was a bad ass and he left the band b/c he knew they were getting too full of their own sh!t.

#111 11 years ago

I'm just telling you how it happened.

Yeah, I've got Death Magnetic. Rick Rubin did a good job whipping the band into making an album that sounded a lot like Metallica. It's not terrible but it seems sometimes like they were trying too hard. Still, it lived in my van for a solid week - I really wanted to like it.

The Beyond Magnetic that came out after seemed like a more organic group of songs. Maybe because the songs were throwaways, my expectations were lower. Or maybe they were just less produced?

I think Metallica, just like Danzig, Rob Zombie, Slayer or any of the other oldies acts still putting out material - their best days are long behind them. Each new album *may* have a single track that can stand up with their best material.

Really, only Motorhead still puts out albums that rock just as hard as their early work. 100 albums and still no ballads, no philharmonic, no unplugged and no duets with Santana.

#112 11 years ago

Of course Motorhead still puts out album's that rock, every song sounds exactly the same. It's just Ace of Spades x 12. Lemmy is god regardless though. The unplugged version of Ace of Spades he did is fucking amazing.

#113 11 years ago

What happens if all this chatter goes on and the pin comes out as 'another' band ?

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

What happens if all this chatter goes on and the pin comes out as 'another' band ?

For me, it would be both hilarious and an epic disappointment. Unless it's Iron Maiden, then I'd be back to being stoked.

#115 11 years ago

This is why I like alternative music. It's new, it's fresh, and it's modern. I just can't get enough of that "Trojans" song by Atlas Genius, and they've been beating it into the ground for over a year now.
Young the Giant and Silversun Pickups are a couple more very creative bands. The list goes on. I love reminiscing the past, but waiting for it to return is a waste of time. Let it go!

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is why I like alternative music. It's new, it's fresh, and it's modern. I just can't get enough of that "Trojans" song by Atlas Genius, and they've been beating it into the ground for over a year now.
Young the Giant and Silversun Pickups are a couple more very creative bands. The list goes on. I love reminiscing the past, but waiting for it to return is a waste of time. Let it go!

Yeah, I agree, I'm going to listen to some trash, just because it's "new and cool". Screw that. Just because something is old doesn't mean it isn't any good. I'd think I wouldn't have to say that to someone who owns pins that are 40 years old.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, I agree, I'm going to listen to some trash, just because it's "new and cool". Screw that. Just because something is old doesn't mean it isn't any good. I'd think I wouldn't have to say that to someone who owns pins that are 40 years old.

I listen to it all! The point I was making was waiting for a band like Metallica (who I saw several times during their prime) to be as creative as they were at one time. This band has left it all on the table, and maybe they don't have the inspiration they once did.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I listen to it all! The point I was making was waiting for a band like Metallica (who I saw several times during their prime) to be as creative as they were at one time. This band has left it all on the table, and maybe they don't have the inspiration they once did.

Sure, but you're talking about a completely different genre of music. You could of mentioned some modern Metal acts instead, it would of gotten your point across a lot better. Whatever the case is, music is timeless. Just because Metallica isn't putting out amazing music anymore, doesn't negate the stuff the did in the 80's. If this pin does exist, it will surely include songs from those years, and will be light on the 90's junk, just like their touring setlist.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

it would of gotten your point across a lot better

Sometimes I'm not even sure what my point is, but I'm always stoked when I hear something fresh that I can relate to, that may or may not be what everybody else likes at the moment.

#120 11 years ago

i HOPE Stern takes a bath on Metallica if it is released

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes I'm not even sure what my point is, but I'm always stoked when I hear something fresh that I can relate to, that may or may not be what everybody else likes at the moment.

You listen to Pierce the Vail? They are from Cali and are new and fresh. I took my nephew to his first concert which was the Warped tour and they blew me away.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

Why?? What do you get out of it failing?

#123 11 years ago

Why take pleasure in someone's misfortune?

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Why?? What do you get out of it failing?

Maybe they will listen to the majority and not the minority ?

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why take pleasure in someone's misfortune?

Lets ask the tall man.

#126 11 years ago

Do you mean as far as a theme is concerned? If that's what you're talking about, I tend to agree with you. I don't think they're listening to the masses, but one can only presume they do their homework on market research.

#127 11 years ago

That's exactly what I mean like I said before whats next a Brian Adams pin. There are better options

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lets ask the tall man.

or the Hood

#129 11 years ago

That's exactly what I mean like I said before whats next a Brian Adams pin. There are better options

I agree. There are themes that would be more appealing to the pinball masses. Why not World War Z?

#130 11 years ago

Sadly, I would much rather buy a Brian Adams pin than a WOZ pin. Just saying, did JJP give the masses a choice on theme before they picked that turd?

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

did JJP give the masses a choice on theme before they picked that turd?

No, Jack loves the WOO theme.

He even did a coin pusher game with that theme a few years ago.

#132 11 years ago

Have you ever read through theme idea threads? If "the majority" were picking, the next three games would be The Three Stooges, Monty Python, and Scooby-Doo. I wish I were kidding but these are seriously the awesome ideas that the majority seem to throw around the most. All very timely and relevant.

#133 11 years ago

Have you ever read through theme idea threads? If "the majority" were picking, the next three games would be The Three Stooges, Monty Python, and Scooby-Doo. I wish I were kidding but these are seriously the awesome ideas that the majority seem to throw around the most. All very timely and relevant.

Not from what I've seen. I see a lot of request for Horror themes and the like. Myself included in that idea. Dennis Nordman (EATPM and SS designer) recently started a thread about the level of interest garnered from and Elvira #3 pin and the response was mostly positive.

#134 11 years ago

Thats nonsense.

I saw alot more jaws, bond and many others.

The ones ou named are maybe picked once or twice.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Tour dates. Sold Out every show in Australia, starting this weekend. Then UAE, Tokyo.
http://www.metallica.com/tour_date_list.asp?show=current

Why are there not more dates in the US? I would think they would have more if the demand was there. I think the people that enjoy them do not attend many concerts today. I do think those people are older and have money to actually buy a pinball machine.

I think it silly to argue over themes. We do not get to make the call.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

pretty freakin' cool

#138 11 years ago

Madonna's tour made 4x Metallica last year.
Bruce Springsteen made 3x Metallica
Roger Waters made 2.5x
Coldplay and Lady Gaga made 2x

but does anyone want a pinball of those artists?

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Roger Waters made 2.5x

I can say I would choose Metallica over any of them.

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Why are there not more dates in the US? I would think they would have more if the demand was there.

They tend to get booked at festivals, which are much more common overseas than the U.S., which accounts for much of their between-album touring. I have yet to see a Metallica show that did not sell out yet I can name countless other bands I've been to that don't.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Roger Waters made 2.5x

Actually a Pink FLoyd the Wall Pinball would be pretty cool. Kinda have it like MM and your are breaking down the "Wall" and the cool art work is already there and I think you could get plenty of cool sounds from the Pink Floyd Catalog.

#142 11 years ago

The Wall could work as a slower designed pinball machine, since most the songs are very slooooooooow.

Gerald Scafe is still alive to do the artwork http://www.geraldscarfe.com/

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from tonystein24:

Even though it is a Metallica song, Stern should have included "Dirty Window" on the early runs of ACDC premium.

They should have had the song "Ballbreaker" in AC/DC!

#144 11 years ago

It needs a toilet on the playfield. Metal_up_Your_Ass.jpgMetal_up_Your_Ass.jpg

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Being a Metallica fan and meeting them in a hotel in Pittsburgh, I would totally prefer Iron Madien as a pin. Think how sick the back glass would be with "Eddy" on it. Iron Madien is a band that would appeal to the masses. Lets see what Stern has up their sleeve this time. "The Number of the Beast" or "Four Horsemen"

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from pinnation:

Think how sick the back glass would be with "Eddy" on it. Iron Madien is a band that would appeal to the masses. "

I can see it now a big Eddy toy, like Frankenstein, doing crazy stuff, a Somewhere in Time mode, Powerslave mode, Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner mode!!! Then the ultimate Number of the beast mode where you have to hit the 6th ramp 6 times, with the 6th multi ball!!! Maybe Ben Heck or someone should turn a Frank into an Iron Maiden, that game has like 8 modes and 6 balls!!!!

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I can see it now a big Eddy toy, like Frankenstein, doing crazy stuff, a Somewhere in Time mode, Powerslave mode, Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner mode!!! Then the ultimate Number of the beast mode where you have to hit the 6th ramp 6 times, with the 6th multi ball!!! Maybe Ben Heck or someone should turn a Frank into an Iron Maiden, that game has like 8 modes and 6 balls!!!!

Nope, seven balls.

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Not from what I've seen. I see a lot of request for Horror themes

I agree I notice the same thing time for a new horror pin. A lot of blogs seem to suggest a dark theme. May not happen thou with all the real evil in the world lately.

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Roger Waters yes by a lot.

But other than that not especially. Probably rather have a Bruce just casue I like the music better.
I couldn't name more than 1 Maiden song but I'd much rather have that than Metallika.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably rather have a Bruce just casue I like the music better. I couldn't name more than 1 Maiden song but I'd much rather have that than Metallika.

All the "Bruce" you need:

=

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-my-neighbors-are-gonna-shit-a-brick/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.