(Topic ID: 40416)

Metallica Pinball - My neighbors are gonna s*** a brick!

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChrisS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Metal_up_Your_Ass.jpg
Pantera-groupeGlam02[1].jpg
metallicops.jpg

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

So before we get swept away with the SR, Pre order, Star Trek band wagon, let's not forget what will be here first............Metallica. Considering that the band members are huge fans of pinball, what can we expect? How much input will they have? The fact that Stern is willing to make a Metallica pinball gives them huge props in my book. More than I can say for JJP, "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful [removed] of OZ".............Just shoot me!!! For those who thought AC/DC was not family friendly, have I got a pin for you!! I expect this to be the most politically incorrect pin since BSD! Count me in!! I also hear there will be custom hand drawn art work from "Pushhead"? Count me in again!! Thoughts on Music and how it will be incorporated into the pin. Are we talking AC/DC style jukebox, where you choose the song and then complete it to move to another or is this pin one badass, journey to hell with all the songs getting played on the way? Let's go people, let the rumors fly!!!!!!!! I hear that the LE's will come with black powder coated rails. And for all of you WOZ fans, see below.

Post edited by SealClubber : Language

#2 11 years ago

Metallica sucks. They haven't even been relevant since the 90's, when they went to s***.

#3 11 years ago

If I buy the Metallica machine will I get frustrated in a few years and have to go to group therapy with the other band members? And if I play the music will Lars come take the money from me personally?

J/K I'm excited for the machine too. Just hope the quality of Stern goes up or I won't buy.

#4 11 years ago

I think it will be great. I am not sure how they should do the song modes though.

#5 11 years ago

The no brainer is: "SEEK AND DESTROY" mode... imagine flashing arrows to shot shoots and destroy things. "Ride the Lightning" ramp. "Metal Militia Multi-ball" Lordy this has so many no-brainer pop phrases/song titles its redic.

Who's gunna be pre-selling them?

#6 11 years ago

I am 100% in on this, God I hope this is for real.

#7 11 years ago

Loved AC/DC, pin was good, but concerned may get burned out on music pins like hero pins are over-used.

Of all the band choices, I GUESS Metal-lica may be up there with GnR and AC/DC.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

Who's gunna be pre-selling them?

Gexchange has made the offer here.

Here is the thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-popular-request-pre-order-for-steve-ritchies-next-le-pinball

Post edited by absocountry2 : Added link to other thread

#9 11 years ago

There are endless possibilities for modes and multiballs. As for relevancy I'm pretty sure woz hasn't been that relative for about 70 years or so lol.

Mople for me please.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Gexchange has made the offer here.

Boy, those Star Trek speculators are gonna be pissed when a Metalicca pin shows up!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#11 11 years ago

With Metallica and Star Trek being the possible/probably next two releases I guess I will have to REALLY put away the pennies since they are my 2 most anticipated titles (with the exception of something haunted/zombie/kill kill kill)

#12 11 years ago

Napster wizard mode?

#13 11 years ago

Haha, Napster shut down mode like on JM. Instead of a Jukebox there will be a MP3 player that moves back and forth and blocks your shots.

#14 11 years ago

title is misleading

#15 11 years ago

ROCK PINBALL=JOY. Im in. I love the ACDC Juke box concept of earning the songs requests to change song.

Is Borg the designer? I hope it has more then 2 flippers.

Which LEs are the making?? Master of Puppets LE?

This Pin will will be polarized. Many will love it. And many wont. Not many in middle!

#16 11 years ago

Hopefully it's got no metallica songs in it's audio, maybe then it will be playable!

#17 11 years ago

"Hit" The Lights mode anyone?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Haha, Napster shut down mode like on JM. Instead of a Jukebox there will be a MP3 player that moves back and forth and blocks your shots.

Hilarious

#19 11 years ago

I agree....Metallica sucks!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

As for relevancy I'm pretty sure woz hasn't been that relative for about 70 years or so lol.

LOLOL....well check the movie release on March 8th......LOLOL

#21 11 years ago

Pinball good!
Stern baaad!

metallicops.jpgmetallicops.jpg

#22 11 years ago

Metallica still has not been confirmed and no one has sneak pics of "Metallica like objects" at Stern like they did for Avengers. I wouldn't totally shocked to see Stern pull out something unexpected like Resident Evil (though I think they are saving RE for LCD screen since it has so much footage and only one more movie to go to finish the series).

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So before we get swept away with the SR, Pre order, Star Trek band wagon, let's not forget what will be here first............Metallica. Considering that the band members are huge fans of pinball, what can we expect? How much input will they have? The fact that Stern is willing to make a Metallica pinball gives them huge props in my book. More than I can say for JJP, "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful [removed] of OZ".............Just shoot me!!! For those who thought AC/DC was not family friendly, have I got a pin for you!! I expect this to be the most politically incorrect pin since BSD! Count me in!! I also hear there will be custom hand drawn art work from "Pushhead"? Count me in again!! Thoughts on Music and how it will be incorporated into the pin. Are we talking AC/DC style jukebox, where you choose the song and then complete it to move to another or is this pin one badass, journey to hell with all the songs getting played on the way? Let's go people, let the rumors fly!!!!!!!! I hear that the LE's will come with black powder coated rails. And for all of you WOZ fans, see below.
» YouTube video

Rumour is that the entire pin is being designed by Dave Mustaine. Just before release they will kick him off the project and pretend he was never involved.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Metallica still has not been confirmed and no one has sneak pics of "Metallica like objects" at Stern like they did for Avengers. I wouldn't totally shocked to see Stern pull out something unexpected like Resident Evil (though I think they are saving RE for LCD screen since it has so much footage and only one more movie to go to finish the series).

A resident evil based on the game and not the movies would be a must buy for me

#25 11 years ago

Is Metallica big overseas or something I dont know about. Metallica is angry music-I do not care for it-IMO. I would have to wear ear plugs or turn down music in order to stand it. Why would Stern put out-if this kind of response.Nothing like Star Trek response. I could think of some great titles for music before Metallica comes to mind?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree....Metallica sucks!

You suck!

#27 11 years ago

Hate Star Trek,love Metallica. I've got a $500 pre order on a LE!!

#28 11 years ago

It's an untapped market. Heavy Rock. Metallica is huge in Europe and Russia. I saw them play in Germany. Would attract many non pinball fans.

Rather have this then another superhero or comic! Beat that dead horse.

If you don't like the Metallica then move along. Go over to you ruby slippers or Xmen complaining thread.

The same guys that have been leaking reliable info for the last year called it. Who is designer??

#29 11 years ago

maybe the ghost of cliff burton is some hologram in it, and he's pro napster- i might at least play it then

#30 11 years ago

Well, if Metallica really is the next Stern... then that's yet another Stern I don't need to worry about buying based on theme alone.

#31 11 years ago

I gotta jump in on this, Metallica was AWESOME back in the day, everything the past 15 years has really not been enjoyable. I was always a solid ac/dc fan and still have lukewarm interest in that title, and their music got better every album! But you would think Stern is going to break up the continuos action movie themed games at some point.

#32 11 years ago

I dont like AC/DC music much but the pin is still awesome enough I would consider buying one - I'll take Metallica over another comic based pin, that card has been well played out.

#33 11 years ago

Metallica still sells out all over at $100+ a ticket so while it may not be for everyone I think it will be for lots of people and yes metal is huge overseas so new markets maybe which is also good.

Either way I'm sure more people would vote Metallica over woz for example given the choice.

#34 11 years ago

I loved Metallica all the way through Master Of Puppets - after that they just became a parody of themselves.

I'd buy a Metallica pin, but only if the music was their early, best work.

This is what Metallica could have been if Lars was not such a tosser:

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

more people would vote Metallica over woz for example given the choice.

Lamb of God > Dimmu Borgir > Metallica > WOZ

#36 11 years ago

METALICA = CRAp ASS

#37 11 years ago

One of their best songs ever:

Love this youtube comment from a few months ago:

"This band has potential, if they continue like this I predict they'll become very successful."

#38 11 years ago

I love that Metallica gets such a rise out of so many people. AC/DC put out several terrible albums throughout the 80s and 90s and nobody mentioned it when that theme was announced. Lo and behold, the game came out and it's made up almost entirely of super old hit songs with two decent new ones thrown in, and none from the bad albums. The Metallica pin will be exactly the same, and like AC/DC they've gone through their period of terrible albums and actually did a pretty good one a few years back to pull a song or two from.

It's cool to see Stern going for a theme that is somewhat polarizing. Metallica may be the biggest metal band in the world, but they're still a metal band, which is an extreme/underground genre at its core. As a metal fan it's pretty amazing to think this may (will) actually happen. I hope the game is good and makes good use of the band's many great assets.

#39 11 years ago

The 90's music was decent but there is no way I would buy a metallica pinball machine and in no way do they compare to ac/dc. Sorry but ac/dc blows them out of the water. They do have some decent music, But in no way will this pin do any good in sales. Lars is a cry baby and I would not promote anything that he is behind, That includes a pinball machine. But this just my 2 cents. Just because we dislike metallica doesn't mean we cannot post to this thread.

#40 11 years ago

I hope that you guys wait for release before buying new in box. I would hate to see you throw away your investment if title fails. Rolling Stones is a band with worldwide exposure-look where that title is now. Not trying to be negative-just realistic. I think if you wait until dust settles-this title will be discounted more than Avatar or Transformers.-IMO

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Pinball good!
Stern baaad!

Obviously, you have not banged out a few AC/DC games with friends - Stern is doing just fine!

#42 11 years ago

Metallica disbanded in 1992.... I can't believe those impostors have gotten away with touring and using their name since.

#43 11 years ago

Did you guys hear the news broke, the guy doing the P3K is doing the Metalica pin...look

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-taking-pre-preorders-for-pinball-3000

it was posted in that thread!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would hate to see you throw away your investment if title fails.

I hate seeing comments like this. This is a hobby, not an investment. I hope Metallica is just as good, if not better than ACDC.

#45 11 years ago

For over $4000 this is an investment-are you kidding me! When you buy a car for over $4000 I hope you consider that a chunk of money and choose wisely. The only time I let go of a dollar is to get a better grip on it.

#46 11 years ago

Even though it is a Metallica song, Stern should have included "Dirty Window" on the early runs of ACDC premium.

#47 11 years ago

I don't care if stern builds it with just 2 flippers & 1 big pop bumper in the middle... I'm buying it because its Metallica!!

#48 11 years ago

Metallica. A household name. The 7th biggest selling act in American history. Metallica is the leader in that genre. 30 years in the making. Would be well played move by Stern. Everyone knows them.

#49 11 years ago

That OP video sucked, and I like Metallica. Metallica singing Wizard of Oz? Really?

Oh we oh ooooooh oh? Really.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is what Metallica could have been if Lars was not such a tosser:

The Metallica guys would have been the Lamb of God guys instead of themselves? Whatever this is supposed to mean.

I have not really been a fan of Metallica's post Black Album records or the drama between the band members. However, I do admire them having such a massive influence on metal, in general, and also having thirty+ year careers creating and performing their own music. Good luck to you if you are trying that yourself.

As for there being a new pinball theme based on Metallica I can't say I am eagerly awaiting it. Let's see what becomes of it all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-my-neighbors-are-gonna-shit-a-brick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.