• 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yasss.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

I'd go with MBr easily...
Is it as deep... No... But, I think the remake animations are better, just go with the SE or get the upgraded display. Callouts and music better. And while both cabs and translights look good. I think MBr has a better theme. Love the X-men though. And I do think it shoots really good.
And can be had cheaply. I think around 4-5.5k can get an LE.

The problem though is... You might have to tinker and tweak the machine, if you already haven't done so. Lots of flaws and stupid things, like the Wolverine bash toy, that should be sorted out by the time you get it, but you never know.
Also, the iceman ramp had a lot of issues.

Still, if both the Wolverine and Magneto LE do look really nice. And would be cheaper. I for one don't hate the callouts, I think they do a nice job trying to convey the 90s animated show, but Monster Bash has better callouts... But, then I'd say the same thing against 99% of pins, that Monster Bash has better callouts. Its a fun game.

If you do get an X-men... Just look through the forums and online for the flaws and things you need to look out for. That way you get the best version you can.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

H had x-men wolvie and really like it... Lots of shots and over a fun game. Loaded with mechs compared to many other games.
Monster bash is beyond boring to me.. had one years ago and couldn't wait to sell it. Is it a great looking game... yeah it is, but after 3 balls its time to move on. Never understood the love. Either of the other big two (AFM or MM) are way better.
Try xmen if you can grab it for a good price

I do think AFM is the best of the three(MB, AFM, MM), but with the stupid market of LE being what it is... I really wanted to make sure I got an LE, because I just think the LE is something special. Otherwise I would have taken my money and bought an AFMr SE... Or maybe a nice used LE... Just a really nice offer and a reasonable price(for an LE).

For me AFM has more to aim for. Total Annihilation, then destroy mars, and then finally ruler of the universe... And lets not forget that along the way you have a nice goal of achieving Martian MB, which is always fun to get and stackable, and adds so many different strategy options. And also I think it has one of the best video modes. Short, but sweat, and fun, and totally fits the theme.

Monter Bash has nothing like the above, and that does hurt it. It has really just a few modes and goals. Mosh Pit MB, Frankenstien MB(which you can stack with the other modes if they're running of course), Monster Bash WM, and Monsters of Rock WM. I do like how you can stack Monster Bash mode with other modes, and that makes it easier to get the instruments. The only problem with that is you go out of MB and into Monsters of Rock right away once you collect all the instruments. Yes, it is a more lucrative mode...
But, I think the best strategy is to save one instrument(an easy to get one like mummy), for after you complete and drain out of MB. Hopefully not triple drain. And then activate Mummy and get the instrument and then start up Monsters of rock for the big points.
But, yeah... That's it for MB...
Not a lot to mine and dig in that game. If you're a point player, a bigger score is what you shoot for.
But, I think its just too pretty and too fun to play to pass up.
Best machine ever... No... But, its a good one. Just not very deep even for a 90s pin it was shallow.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Im a bit concerned that MBr will get old in a hurry. If I play TZ like I do Met, it would be beyond old.

You're keeping your Met right??? If so, when you get a bit bored of either pin go play Met, and then come back. Rinse and repeat... Everyone wins... Three of the 4 games in my collection are broken and need some work, some major, some minor... But, I have a Maiden and honestly... I prefer playing that over them... So... I let them sit instead of getting them serviced. Waste of space I know, but I am single. So I got plenty of space to waste.

So as long as you're not unloading any game to make room, I think you'll be good enough in your lineup to not truly be bored.

Personally for me, I'd never own a Met... But, everyone has their own taste. And I'm just ribbing you on that last thing. So don't be offended. But, yuck... You couldn't pay me to own a Met.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mbr-or-xmen-le-next-pin?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.