Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Yasss.gif

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Using the MGC show special, I'm at 6800 for a MBr SE. I think 5500 for X-Men and 6800 for MBr SE is about where the two will remain for awhile. I consider these two equal cost with this backward logic... Lol

There’s been an X-men LE for sale near me (where stuff sells for more) for a while for $5300 or $5200 ...and it’s nkt moving. It’s not a desirable game and has a pretty poor reputation. I wouldn’t expect it to hold if you pay $5500 for it.

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s been an X-men LE for sale near me (where stuff sells for more) for a while for $5300 or $5200 ...and it’s nkt moving. It’s not a desirable game and has a pretty poor reputation. I wouldn’t expect it to hold if you pay $5500 for it.

I used the term holding rather loosely... Let's say <10% drop in price for both games. Guessing MBr SE would sell really fast considering the already $500 off thru MGC.

#53 3 months ago

And maybe the solution would be MBr SE now and wait for a really hot deal on X-Men LE (5200ish).

#54 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I used the term holding rather loosely... Let's say &lt;10% drop in price for both games. Guessing MBr SE would sell really fast considering the already $500 off thru MGC.

As a reference, I lost $200 on my X-Men LE sale over the course of 8 months, just to give you an idea. I had been through Dark Phoenix 2-3 times, so I decided to sell. I'd still have it if I hadn't "seen it all."

#55 3 months ago

Way too much emphasis on price. Play the game/s and decide which one is more fun to you. Don't pay attention to potential re-sale value-it is a hobby-just have fun. The market is soft and might get softer-if you lose money-so be it.

X-MEN is deep and a difficult game, if you like the theme it will have more staying power-if you don't it will be just like any other game. For the money I feel it is a great bang for your buck. I have seen these sell for $4500-so may watch market.

MBR-Does not do it for me. I think my problem is I have been there done that-it feels like old hat to me. Only so many times you can bash Monsters. I would recommend a MMR before a MBR for the family.

I tell you what-I just got a TNA and the entire family is blown away. Once everyone learned the shots-they cannot get enough. It has a simple layout but it is a difficult game and has you wanting to play one more game. The music/sounds and lights are absolutely amazing and I am really impressed with it. Super fun family game

#56 3 months ago

Interesting comparison. I have bought and sold both ( (MB tho, not MBR). MB was the most beautiful game that I have owned ( full chrome restoration). I loved it for about a month and then could not even finish a game. In my opinion, MB is a linear playing game that is very straight forward. The call outs are fun but get repetitive quickly. I do know several really good players that swear by the game but for me it got boring quicker then any other game I have owned. A great game to collect!

XM is a far more complex game with a ton of call outs. The voices never bothered me and for the 6 to 8 months I owned , I could hear new callouts pretty much each game. I am not a good player and did not make the wizard modes , but from what I understand they are pretty good. A lot of modes and several different ways to play this game. I think a great game to play!

While I know money should not be an issue in selecting games as this is a hobby, but this is how I would approach. X men LE can be found 4800 to 5200 (maybe even find one with a color DMD for this price). The game is one people will buy at the right price/condition/mods. Most likely it has depreciated to its bottom or close too. MBR , you are going to pay list price at this point. In a year or so it will depreciate say 10 to 15 percent. I would try and find an X men now. Enjoy it. If bored or looking for something new then, sell and pick up a HUO MBR. I agree with some earlier posts, either AFMr or MMr are better games then MB. Maybe pick up one of these HUO to take advantage of the already depreciation factor.

#57 3 months ago

Here's my XMLE for sale for what I paid for it.

cosprings.craigslist.org link

#58 3 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

Here's my XMLE for sale for what I paid for it.
cosprings.craigslist.org link

KcZ, I had a game shipped from Russell within the last 8 months and it arrived in perfect condition. He is a top notch seller with super nice games, and did a great job wrapping the game up. I got white glove delivery (game shipped on legs) from Colorado to my doorstep for right around 300-ish (I can't remember the exact price, but that is close)..... Just an FYI

#59 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I used the term holding rather loosely... Let's say &lt;10% drop in price for both games. Guessing MBr SE would sell really fast considering the already $500 off thru MGC.

Keep this in mind: MBr depreciation would be because it’s still in production. A game in production can never sell for more used. X-men has been out of production for 4 or 5 years & pretty much guaranteed will never get a vault. It doesn’t have a Premium. Theoretically a game like that SHOULD have creeped up in value...the fact that it keeps dropping is telling of its true reputation as a game.

#60 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep this in mind: MBr depreciation would be because it’s still in production. A game in production can never sell for more used. X-men has been out of production for 4 or 5 years &amp; pretty much guaranteed will never get a vault. It doesn’t have a Premium. Theoretically a game like that SHOULD have creeped up in value...the fact that it keeps dropping is telling of its true reputation as a game.

I havent seen the needle move downwards on Xmen in a couple of years. The LE is going to move in the 4800-5500 range depending on what is has and where it is at, and the Pro will move around $3800-$4200. It has been this way for awhile now. If it is taking longer to move now than previously, that is because the market is being flooded with high dollar pins. There is only so much money to go around on these. Anything at $4k and above is sitting a lot longer than it used to.

#61 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep this in mind: MBr depreciation would be because it’s still in production. A game in production can never sell for more used. X-men has been out of production for 4 or 5 years &amp; pretty much guaranteed will never get a vault. It doesn’t have a Premium. Theoretically a game like that SHOULD have creeped up in value...the fact that it keeps dropping is telling of its true reputation as a game.

Or the fact that it was the OG "10K by Xmas" game, and that it shipped with poor code, and that people always harp on the 2 bad voices. Gameplay-wise, XM is leaps and bounds better than MBr. More shots, more toys, more code depth, different ways to stack MBs with hero modes and villian modes, on the LE you get the popup Nightcrawlers (love or hate), the Iceman ramp (love or hate), the spinning disc with an awesome MB start. It is loaded! Plus that art packages are some of Stern's best, even compared to today's games.

Compare an XMLE to a current Stern, and you are getting way more bang for your buck. Priced the same as today's Pro, you can't go wrong value-wise.

The only real toys are the Frankie ramp/bash toy, and the Drac bash toy. The rest of the toys are really just decoration. MBr is played essentially the same way every time. Qualify all of the monsters, start Frankie MB and flail away. You will regularly get to Monster bash mini-wizard mode, and occasionally get to Monsters of Rock. It gets old pretty quick imo.

#62 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Compare an XMLE to a current Stern, and you are getting way more bang for your buck...

And then the fucking bean counters show up

Print your manifesto out on a poster board, put it next to your XMEN machine, and see if you can get 10 people that think Xmen is 1/2 as fun to play and let us know.

Quoted from FatPanda:

... more toys, ...The only real toys are the Frankie ramp/bash toy, and the Drac bash toy. The rest of the toys...

When I see shit like this the "Expert opinion" light doesn't exactly start going off for me.

#63 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And then the fucking bean counters show up
Print your manifesto out on a poster board, put it next to your XMEN machine, and see if you can get 10 people that think Xmen is 1/2 as fun to play and let us know.

When I see shit like this the "Expert opinion" light doesn't exactly start going off for me.

Hey man, you've got yours and I've got mine TBH, a MBr standard at 6K was tempting, but I played a few games on location, and I was good. I got to Monster Bash, earned a couple replays. I saw 90% of the game on $2. I didn't get to Monsters of Rock, but eh, it wouldn't be anything new that we haven't seen before.

#64 3 months ago

And all the XM shit talkers driving down the price on my personal dream theme allowed me to pick one up within a reasonable price. I didn't have to shell out 7k+ for an LE, so I'm happy

#65 3 months ago

I really enjoyed XMLE and only sold it to get another newer Stern to try out. I only had one new Stern in my lineup at the time and traded that spot to try other games. I'd definitely take it back over the other Stern pins I tried out. ColorDMD looks fantastic on it. Yup, some callouts are so cheesy and cringy, but I had fun talking back or mocking the callouts when playing. So that never bothered me and only served to entertain me.

#66 3 months ago

I like every call out in XMEN, every one! They make me laugh! Talk about drama, now that's funny.
The music and effects by the terrific David Thiel, the animations, the shots by Borg, the battling of mutant vs mutant. I love it all. Great game and tough wizard modes.

Quoted from PoMC:

I really enjoyed XMLE and only sold it to get another newer Stern to try out. I only had one new Stern in my lineup at the time and traded that spot to try other games. I'd definitely take it back over the other Stern pins I tried out. ColorDMD looks fantastic on it. Yup, some callouts are so cheesy and cringy, but I had fun talking back or mocking the callouts when playing. So that never bothered me and only served to entertain me.

#67 3 months ago

Lol... What a polarizing topic.

#68 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Yeah you'll find that those that paid for XMen LE NIB will hate XMen til the day they die. They took a hell of a loss with crappy callouts, worse code, nightcrawler aux board issues, Ice Man ramp probs, etc. There was SO much hype not the game since the pin world loved Tron and this was the second coming, with "tons more code and shots".

The LEs were truly limited, and they were the first to really be bought on speculation that their values would skyrocket. Lots of surly pinheads.

The original $10K by Christmas! pin.

#69 3 months ago

Plenty of people hate x-men without owning it.

#70 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Plenty of people hate x-men without owning it.

True, but that's true with many games.

Money losses tend to create stronger opinions though.

Reading the X-Men club thread from the beginning is a hell of a lot of historical fun.

#71 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

True, but that's true with many games. The old X-Men thread is a hell of a lot of historical fun, though.

Link to said thread? I'd like to see what the fuss was all about. It's not the club thread is it?

#72 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Link to said thread? I'd like to see what the fuss was all about. It's not the club thread is it?

Yeah start at the beginning and skim.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men

There's SO much hype. Pages and pages and everyone has an opinion. Maybe the Munsters hype thread rivals it.

You'll see some familiar names from this thread, even.

Here's a good quote:

"It's going to be a very HOT game. No premiums, the comic book collectors getting in late on the news of this game, lots of mechanical action, sweet custom dots and music, a young new team that loves the theme and "knows" the theme, it all adds up to a big win ! Oh, and more than meets the eye in software, lots of mini modes and things not in the inserts Multiple mini wizard modes etc.... It will be a $10k pin I predict by Christmas. Supply/demand will drive it.
The whole software team is in on this, The new young guys Waison and Mike are big comic guys and Lonnie is also helping with code. Mark Galvez is doing an awesome job on custom dots. David Thiel is creating a huge sound package utilizing the expanded memory capabilities. Each character has it's own tune and there are secret hidden modes as well.
Can't wait ! "

#73 3 months ago

Gotcha. I'll skim through it.

#74 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah start at the beginning and skim.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men
There's SO much hype. Pages and pages and everyone has an opinion. Maybe the Munsters hype thread rivals it.
You'll see some familiar names from this thread, even.
Here's a good quote:
"It's going to be a very HOT game. No premiums, the comic book collectors getting in late on the news of this game, lots of mechanical action, sweet custom dots and music, a young new team that loves the theme and "knows" the theme, it all adds up to a big win ! Oh, and more than meets the eye in software, lots of mini modes and things not in the inserts Multiple mini wizard modes etc.... It will be a $10k pin I predict by Christmas. Supply/demand will drive it.
The whole software team is in on this, The new young guys Waison and Mike are big comic guys and Lonnie is also helping with code. Mark Galvez is doing an awesome job on custom dots. David Thiel is creating a huge sound package utilizing the expanded memory capabilities. Each character has it's own tune and there are secret hidden modes as well.
Can't wait ! "

It's quite interesting looking back at the beginning of the thread. mnpinball is definitely one to follow lol. he tells all! Also interesting to see thoughts on the current Stern Pro Prem LE models at its early stages. I'm still skimming through posts before the official release of the game, but very interesting indeed.

#75 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's quite interesting looking back at the beginning of the thread. mnpinball is definitely one to follow lol. he tells all! Also interesting to see thoughts on the current Stern Pro Prem LE models at its early stages. I'm still skimming through posts before the official release of the game, but very interesting indeed.

It is. If you look through that thread enough, you will never pre-order a game!

#76 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I don't think the topic is polarizing. I think the game you picked is... Some games seem to generate a lot of venom. GB is another that would have caused this same fervor. MBr vs nearly any other game (especially an LE) would have gotten about 10 responses!

#77 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

LOL @ 35 pages of way off base speculation until Stern revealed the pics.

#78 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

LOL @ 35 pages of way off base speculation until Stern revealed the pics.

it's 35 pages before reveal?!?!?!

#79 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

it's 35 pages before reveal?!?!?!

GB was over 50 pages before even a leaked image hit it

EDIT: Over 100 before real pics

#80 3 months ago

For me it would be XMLE for many of the reasons stated already. I like deep challenging games with great themes and more unique style layouts. I voted with my wallet, twice, as I bought a Pro then sold it years later to get an LE. The main reason XM gets so much hate is the original hype didn't deliver with the horrible initial code and some buyers that paid big bucks right away don't forget that...and many still scream it from the rooftops every chance they get. It's hard to blame them too much if they sold it right away and took a bath on it, but some people try really hard to hate it now because of the bad memories, so much so they are ready to completely write off what has become a great game now because of a couple voice callouts that you only hear for several seconds during an entire game. IMHO, XMLE is one of, if not the best bang for the buck pins out there comparatively speaking.

There's nothing wrong with MBr really. It's a more basic, fun game that has universal appeal. Great theme, dots, callouts, purdy to look at. It's a classic game and the price for MBr is very attractive. Biggest negatives for me are that the shot layout is such a standard fan layout and I've played it a million times and seen everything there is to see many times over. For me, it has become a game that I can play a few times and then not need to play it again for months. It wouldn't hold up for me at home.

#81 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GB was over 50 pages before even a leaked image hit it
EDIT: Over 100 before real pics

Yeah I stopped after about 10 pages. It's a lot of the same then, as it is now. Some things never change

#82 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah I stopped after about 10 pages. It's a lot of the same then, as it is now. Some things never change

Pretty much except then you had some HEAVY jackasses like Captin(t) Kirk...uff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside