Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cburnett11
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010014.JPG
    20150308_154717.jpg
    20150308_154609.jpg
    20150308_154629.jpg
    10713000_1082834338409580_7813367598243606988_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    BelFire.jpg
    BevWho.jpg
    Joust.jpg
    GCGIC.jpg
    20150307_154048.jpg
    20150307_154138.jpg
    20150307_154228.jpg
    20150307_155233.jpg
    20150307_155238.jpg
    20150307_162549.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I'll get my room today. I can't wait. What's everybody planning on bringing?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

Any pins for sale at this?

I might be selling a 4 Roses pin (EM) and maybe a Stern Playboy if I get it running.

Quoted from travisbmartin:

My Sword of Fury. And no, you can't have it lol

You know me too well.

As for me, I hope to bring quite a few if I can manage the transportation for them. I want to bring a Centipede, Getaway, Space Shuttle, Playboy and 4 Roses. Maybe my Carnevil too.

1 week later
    #15 9 years ago

Hey Louisville guys, I stayed at that hotel in July or so while in town on business and Wick's was gone. What's there now? Any good?

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Wick's pizza was great, but the service was pretty bad there during the show

You aren't lying there. The service was pretty bad after about 8pm. I'm looking forward to trying it and I can still get a Wicks delivered one night.

Just got my room, don't wait to get your rooms. I had people sleeping on my floor last year because they pushed it off too long!

1 week later
    #21 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

2 Months away! Don't forget to book a room if you are staying at the hotel, it usually sells out early. Thanks!

Jeez, I didn't realize it was sneaking up that fast! I better get to work on my projects haha.

Hey, on a side note, I want to say that it is awesome that the show will be giving away a Centipede this year. Make sure to bring your canned food everyone!

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Looking forward to it.
    If I can get a decent T-Rex together by then, I'll probably bring JP. Otherwise I might bring something else.

Do you still have that Dracula? I enjoyed it last year and if you need help moving some, let me know, I'll be coming down early and I'll have a friend with me.

#34 9 years ago

I'd love to get to play a Safe Cracker buddy

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Future,You just need to remember what time it is in Louisville so that You can regain your title in the Duck hunt!

Haha, no, I messed up last year and showed up at the wrong time and I was upset about it at the time. However, one of our Pinside friend's son won so I couldn't be happier. We ended up using me as the Boss Mode where the winner takes me on in the final stage. It was great because someone else gets to take home the trophies now and I still get to prove myself to myself.

Here's hoping that Steve's son wins again this year!

1 week later
    #49 9 years ago

Tons of games there, I think (don't hold me to it) last year was around 100 pins on free play. Was that right Matt?

4 weeks later
    #92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Was able to schedule off Friday!
    Also I have an unrestored MM with new Mirco pf (not installed) I could take for a trade

I'll trade you my collection and my soul.

Shit, nevermind, I forgot I was a redhead

#106 9 years ago

I'd probably in for a skill crane game as well. Jason, let me know if you reach him please and he has a couple.

#111 9 years ago

Says the guy who complains he doesn't have room for his current collection!

It's for a friend

Thanks

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Anyone bringing an SF2 for sale?

There was one there last year so it might return

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

Ditto. I'll have a 2 hour drive ahead of me, and I'd like to get there before dark. I hate driving at night in unfamiliar cities. Of course, I could always check in at the hotel and wait.

I'll probably leave early in the morning, swing by Zanzabar around noon and then head over after that. Welcome to join me Travis

#152 9 years ago

Looks good Scott!

#178 9 years ago

Working 100%. Lets see if it survives the move this year!

20150228_211505.jpg20150228_211505.jpg
    #184 9 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Is it worth going on Thursday night setup night if you aren't bringing a game.
    Do they let people play the games that night at all?
    Tom

Thursday night is usually kind of hectic. The guys running the show are trying to organize all the games and the owner's are usually working on games getting them 100%. I would personally not recommend coming Thursday. Its too easy to be in the way.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Is that the one that was off last year? (If I remember correctly, turned out to be an easy fix but it was too dark to diagnose at the show).

That is correct. I brought it, fired it up and the Super Charger wasn't working. I looked at the show and could not see the problem. When I took it home and started looking around there was a bad solder connection on one of the Optos by the magnets. I spent the other night going through each switch and solenoid test and replaced a couple of burnt out bulbs and she is good to go. I also got the Beacon running this year (it wasn't working for last years show).

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Sweeeeet. I think I'm going to get a lot of time on this guy Saturday . Thanks for bringing it again!

It'll probably be broke down by Saturday haha. I hope she lives but nothing suprises me anymore.

#206 9 years ago

The forecast is showing sunny and above freezing (for the highs) for Friday-Sunday. Let's hope tomorrow's anticipated snow doesn't stick around...

Yeah, I'm coming down in a 2 wheel drive truck. (not even mine)

#214 9 years ago

Ok I'm thinking about driving half the mph, should take me about 4 hrs to get there. I'm most nervous about coming into Louisville. All suggestions appreciated.

Comin east on 64 by the way

#216 9 years ago

Might be leaving tonight. The earliest I could leave is around 7pm. We should already have quite a bit of snow but Louisville is supposed to be 31 so hopefully not a lot sticking. I would have to take my games into my hotel room but that doesn't really bother me.

#225 9 years ago
    untitled.pnguntitled.png
    #239 9 years ago

It looks like it finally stopped up here in Evansville IN area. Chance of precipitation is going down in the next few hours. Planning on leaving noon Louisville time

#243 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone want to hit up Zanzabar or another local pinball bar that I am not aware of after the show closes Friday or Saturday night? I bet an Uber ride wouldn't be to pricey to get us there and back assuming we are drinking.

I might be depending on the taxi/uber ride

#258 9 years ago

Safe and sound, games unloaded. Got a little nasty near Corydon but other than that, zero problems. We need a big meet up this year.

#364 9 years ago

I had a great time. Getaway did amazing. 559 plays and not even a ball hung up. I am letting her rest for a month or so haha. It had a line everytime I passed by it. I met a bunch of great pinheads this year Hougie, Collin, ChuckWurt and many others plus all the ones I've known from the past. I drank a bit on Saturday night and ended up sleeping through most of Sunday's show. Had a blast. I will return next year for my 5th year in a row.

Quoted from jgeiger:

I was literally one person behind when this happened. Your buddy called you while I was there. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for bringing it out.

Hey that was me!

#366 9 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

That HSII was yours, then? I played it once and my wife played it more than once, heh. We noticed it was for sale, but we lack funds and space. I really wanted to take it home, though. Played great and looks amazing.

Mine was the other one there, but that one was owed by a friend of mine (2 total there). It was kind of funny, that owner had me change a flipper rubber as he was running one of the front desks. I was opening it up and someone said "Is that game yours?" I said no and kept working. They were really really confused by the look on their face haha.

#380 9 years ago

That's pretty incredible. I had 559 and you were shut down a little on Saturday and a little late on Friday. Your game was burning it up! How did Rexy hold up?

#382 9 years ago

Seems to be in-tact. I haven't had the energy to do a thorough inspection yet, but just a quick inspection makes me think there's no discernible wear.
    As for the t-rex mech, that ended up being put through the ringer... A screw fell out of the bottom of assembly at some point (hopefully on the move back home and not while people were still playing) causing parts of the assembly (not the t-rex itself) to grind and hit stuff that it shouldn't when moving left.
    After replacing the screw, everything seems to be in working order.

That's great, I need to open up mine and do a thorough cleaning but I'll wait until after the move. What ended up winning as best looking game?
    I won 2 things, I won a weekend pass to FandomFest in Louisville (comic con type event). That was from entering the Centipede drawing.
    I also won a set of Silverjet Balls from the raffle of bringing a game. I want to thank the show volunteers for rounding up such awesome prizes!

#393 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tim:

Hey futurepinhead, you were waiting behind me at that machine to replace the flipper rubber. I had the blue hat on. We talked for a bit. My friends and I played your HS2 a lot. Thanks for bringing it. That was my first time playing one. Loved it. If I had room I would add one to my collection.

Hey I remember talk to you, yeah it's a great game for sure. It looks like you have a pretty solid Data East collection going on there. I love Goldeneye and WWFRR is awesome, OH OH YEAH!

#397 9 years ago
    Quoted from KC_Masterpiece:

Chuckwurt had better practice his Tapper skills!

That got pretty heated as I remember haha.

Quoted from KC_Masterpiece:

Robowar got 750 plays, so lots of people liked it. Quick game time too

I never got to tell you but Robowar is Great. Loved it, thanks for bringing it.

#400 9 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

hangover yesterday THANKS BLANTON'S

I hear you there, Sunday Monday was rough for me. I'm pretty sure I met you as well on Saturday??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-6-8-2015?tu=futurepinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.