Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cburnett11
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010014.JPG
    20150308_154717.jpg
    20150308_154609.jpg
    20150308_154629.jpg
    10713000_1082834338409580_7813367598243606988_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    BelFire.jpg
    BevWho.jpg
    Joust.jpg
    GCGIC.jpg
    20150307_154048.jpg
    20150307_154138.jpg
    20150307_154228.jpg
    20150307_155233.jpg
    20150307_155238.jpg
    20150307_162549.jpg
    There are 402 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 9 years ago

The 5th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 6-8 2015. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. Our pinball tournament is the last stop on the PAPA circuit before the finals and is ran by the PAPA people. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

This year's featured speaker is David Crane, founder of Activision and creator of awesome games.

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). This year with your room you will receive 2 free breakfast vouchers! The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on doing this to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR and other great prizes.

Pre-Register and save! Just $35 dollars for a weekend pass right now! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com

Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#2 9 years ago

Had a blast last year. I'm lucky to be so close!

#3 9 years ago

Can't wait! Finally have vacation time to use this time!

#4 9 years ago

Looking forward to it!! Always a great time! See you guys there!!

Phoebe

#5 9 years ago

This show is what rekindled my love of pinball and got me to start my collection.
    Great show, great pins and even better people.

2 weeks later
    #6 9 years ago

Happy Holidays - just a reminder to book your room if you plan on heading to the show. The hotel usually sells out over the weekend. Thanks!

#7 9 years ago

I'll get my room today. I can't wait. What's everybody planning on bringing?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'll get my room today. I can't wait. What's everybody planning on bringing?

My Sword of Fury. And no, you can't have it lol

#9 9 years ago

Any pins for sale at this?

#10 9 years ago

Awesome, always my favorite show of the year!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

I might be selling a 4 Roses pin (EM) and maybe a Stern Playboy if I get it running.

Quoted from travisbmartin:

My Sword of Fury. And no, you can't have it lol

You know me too well.

As for me, I hope to bring quite a few if I can manage the transportation for them. I want to bring a Centipede, Getaway, Space Shuttle, Playboy and 4 Roses. Maybe my Carnevil too.

#12 9 years ago

I'll be bringing my Bally Space Invaders, Space Time, Firepower, and hopefully my son's Bally Eight Ball project if we get it done in time... I should say playable in time. Eventually, it will be fully restored.

-Steve Ridgephoto.JPGphoto.JPG

#13 9 years ago

Great show last year, looking forward to 2015's version.

#14 9 years ago

I will be bringing my SFIITURBO Hyper Fighting machine to the show.

1 week later
    #15 9 years ago

Hey Louisville guys, I stayed at that hotel in July or so while in town on business and Wick's was gone. What's there now? Any good?

#16 9 years ago

Hey Louisville guys, I stayed at that hotel in July or so while in town on business and Wick's was gone. What's there now? Any good?

The restaurant in the hotel is now called Stadium Joe's - it's a sort of sports bar. Wick's pizza was great, but the service was pretty bad there during the show. The food seems good, and the service is way better than Wick's so hopefully that works out better this year for people.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

It's like other shows, where there are games for sale, and then there are games not for sale that people just bring for others to enjoy. Usually people post on here what they are bringing and what they are selling when it gets closer to the show.

#18 9 years ago

Hope I'm not closing on my new house that week!

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Wick's pizza was great, but the service was pretty bad there during the show

You aren't lying there. The service was pretty bad after about 8pm. I'm looking forward to trying it and I can still get a Wicks delivered one night.

Just got my room, don't wait to get your rooms. I had people sleeping on my floor last year because they pushed it off too long!

1 week later
    #20 9 years ago

2 Months away! Don't forget to book a room if you are staying at the hotel, it usually sells out early. Thanks!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

2 Months away! Don't forget to book a room if you are staying at the hotel, it usually sells out early. Thanks!

Jeez, I didn't realize it was sneaking up that fast! I better get to work on my projects haha.

Hey, on a side note, I want to say that it is awesome that the show will be giving away a Centipede this year. Make sure to bring your canned food everyone!

#22 9 years ago

Looking forward to it.

If I can get a decent T-Rex together by then, I'll probably bring JP. Otherwise I might bring something else.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Looking forward to it.
    If I can get a decent T-Rex together by then, I'll probably bring JP. Otherwise I might bring something else.

Do you still have that Dracula? I enjoyed it last year and if you need help moving some, let me know, I'll be coming down early and I'll have a friend with me.

#24 9 years ago

Do you still have that Dracula? I enjoyed it last year and if you need help moving some, let me know, I'll be coming down early and I'll have a friend with me.

I sold Dracula. Thanks for the offer to help. I'll let you know if I need to take you up on that.

#25 9 years ago

Dibs on futurepinhead's floor

Anyone taking pins to sell? Where's Buddy?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Problem last year was no buyers...

#27 9 years ago

Oh man, I need to check my schedule to see if I can make it this year. I want to stay the weekend. May convince my wife to join me, but she might get bored with days and days of pinball, haha.

#28 9 years ago

Always a great show!!

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I will be there for sure but not sure in what capacity yet as last year I did not like my spot and need to check with them. I have a new Ruby Red WOZ I could bring and maybe a Hobbit LE but havent asked for a proto or even sure I can get one these days. Maybe you all can help convince Jack I need one for the show.

I am working on getting the list together but depends upon what sells at the auction in Winston Salem on the 17th. Its been really cold here the last few days and I do not like to work or move them even in the covered truck as I do not want the wood to swell.

In other news, I saw right before Christmas at Don's you got my old Family Guy and now I might be getting your former Safe Cracker.
    I purchased that Family Guy new from Brady in Memphis and other than the few months it was at the Claypool Hill Mall its been at Don's I am surprised he sold it. Does it still have a popcorn smell?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I did sell lots of comics and other odd and ends parts. On the machine side I sold a nice Tron Pro that people thought was a LE and a colordmd Addams Family pin. Only had to bring back ACDC Pro with all the Hemi mods plus my old WOZ which was not for sale. This year I have Ruby Reds I can sell, PM me for price in advance and if you want Invisglass or not as Ruby Red do not come with Invisglass just like a standard does not. I do not have any ECLE WOZ lefts to sell and nobody at current has ever traded one back to me.

It did seem like the buyers were not present last year as in past shows.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

There were plenty of buyers last year, I saw many games being sold all weekend. Just in my little group, I sold an arcade game, and one of my friends who went with me purchased a pin.

In my opinion, if sellers had trouble selling stuff, it was because their games were priced too high. It is unrealistic to expect top-dollar 'ebay' prices at a regional show.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

In other news, I saw right before Christmas at Don's you got my old Family Guy and now I might be getting your former Safe Cracker.
    I purchased that Family Guy new from Brady in Memphis and other than the few months it was at the Claypool Hill Mall its been at Don's I am surprised he sold it. Does it still have a popcorn smell?

That SC is a beauty. You'll love it! Never noticed popcorn but that's funny. I actually sold the FGY to make room for another, then that deal fell thru

I'm looking to buy or trade for Cyclone, Taxi, EATPM, Xmen LE. Lemme know if you have one!

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vongoosewink:

There were plenty of buyers last year, I saw many games being sold all weekend. Just in my little group, I sold an arcade game, and one of my friends who went with me purchased a pin.
    In my opinion, if sellers had trouble selling stuff, it was because their games were priced too high. It is unrealistic to expect top-dollar 'ebay' prices at a regional show.

Agreed. There were a few games there that were priced WAY too high. If you want to move a game at a show, price it accordingly. I don't imagine the majority of show goers are looking for CQ+ games.

#34 9 years ago

I'd love to get to play a Safe Cracker buddy

#35 9 years ago

Yes and no... The people that bring games may be looking for CQ+ quality stuff... The people paying at the door, not so much. I have had 2 people try to buy my SFIICE game since telling people it will be there. No, it is not for sale. Dedicated ones are IMPOSSIBLE to find these days.

#36 9 years ago

I'd love to get to play a Safe Cracker buddy

Future,You just need to remember what time it is in Louisville so that You can regain your title in the Duck hunt!

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vongoosewink:

The pins our group had for sale were not priced at ebay prices. The year before I sold 4 of 5 games - pretty quickly as well, but last year the pins my friends had for sale sat around and got low ball offers. OH show is the steadfast show for selling. I think I know who you guys are referring to with the high prices. He had something like 10 games for sale.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Future,You just need to remember what time it is in Louisville so that You can regain your title in the Duck hunt!

Haha, no, I messed up last year and showed up at the wrong time and I was upset about it at the time. However, one of our Pinside friend's son won so I couldn't be happier. We ended up using me as the Boss Mode where the winner takes me on in the final stage. It was great because someone else gets to take home the trophies now and I still get to prove myself to myself.

Here's hoping that Steve's son wins again this year!

#39 9 years ago

I have registered to bring JP with the hopes of LAX 2015 being the public debut of the improved T-Rex.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress#post-1167404

Even if I don't have a final version together by then, I'll at least have a prototype that should hold up. An expo will be a good test for it, too.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I have registered to bring JP with the hopes of LAX 2015 being the public debut of the improved T-Rex.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress#post-1167404
    Even if I don't have a final version together by then, I'll at least have a prototype that should hold up. An expo will be a good test for it, too.

Very Cool! Can't wait to see it in action.

#41 9 years ago

Just got my tickets, and booked a room! This will be my first ever pinball show/tournament. I had a question:

What should I expect for the tournaments that are being held? A,B,C divisions and Classics? what are the buy-ins, and if I come down Saturday afternoon, when will the qualifying rounds be over?

Cannot wait to get my first taste of a pinball tournament.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got my tickets, and booked a room! This will be my first ever pinball show/tournament. I had a question:
    What should I expect for the tournaments that are being held? A,B,C divisions and Classics? what are the buy-ins, and if I come down Saturday afternoon, when will the qualifying rounds be over?
    Cannot wait to get my first taste of a pinball tournament.

Prepare to see some world class competitors here. A, B, C and classics. You get some free entry tickets when you pay to get in, but I can't remember how much additional tickets were. Not sure when the closed the tourney as well, but I think it was Sat morning. Phoebe would know

Scott

#43 9 years ago

A wishlist for some games - in no hurry, but if a good deal comes up I'm interested - may have some trade options as well:

Restorable FH - can have a trashed pf - cab must be solid w/no water damage and minimal rust inside cab.

Transformers LE - HUO preferred - no combo's please

Metallica Pro

Tron Pro

Scott

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Prepare to see some world class competitors here. A, B, C and classics. You get some free entry tickets when you pay to get in, but I can't remember how much additional tickets were. Not sure when the closed the tourney as well, but I think it was Sat morning. Phoebe would know
    Scott

Awesome cannot wait to get my but kicked, haha. You think there will there be any chance of playable TBLs there? That would be awesome too.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Scott

PAPA runs the tournament and does an awesome job. It's like other shows where you get 3 entries for 10 dollars, and everyone gets 2 free entries for coming to the show. The classic qualifying is over Saturday afternoon with the finals that night. The A,B,C qualifying is over Saturday night with the finals being Sunday. All of that is subject to change, but that is the way it usually goes.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

PAPA runs the tournament and does an awesome job. It's like other shows where you get 3 entries for 10 dollars, and everyone gets 2 free entries for coming to the show. The classic qualifying is over Saturday afternoon with the finals that night. The A,B,C qualifying is over Saturday night with the finals being Sunday. All of that is subject to change, but that is the way it usually goes.

Awesome. I would like to try and qualify for C and Classics, so it sounds like I will have a chance. Thanks!

#47 9 years ago

So do you have to enter the tournament to play any of the games? I'm pretty much a pinball newbie and would love to sample some games without suffering the embarrassment of having my ass kicked... or having to wait forever (with kids) until they come up free.

Maybe better asked: how is the format for the show? Free to roam -> find an open game -> play to your heart's content (within courtesy)? Or roam around -> wait forever / wait for your time slot -> sorry you suck -> go home?

Have never been to one of these, much less a tournament. While I could appreciate and contnt myself to things solo, I would love to bring the wife and kids for a fun day and don't want to be "shut out" of things.

#48 9 years ago

At other shows, they have a free play room. Not sure how it is here though.

#49 9 years ago

Tons of games there, I think (don't hold me to it) last year was around 100 pins on free play. Was that right Matt?

#50 9 years ago

All games are on freeplay. Last year there was about 120 pinball, 80 or so arcade video games, and about 100 console and old computer games. Kids 10 and under are free, there are costume contests, seminars, etc.. so there is plenty to do.

You do need to enter the tournament to play tournament games. I think Sunday the classics were available for free play since the classics were over. Everyone gets 2 free entries though, so if there is a game over there you want to play, just use the free entries for that.

There are 402 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-6-8-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.