Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cburnett11
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010014.JPG
    20150308_154717.jpg
    20150308_154609.jpg
    20150308_154629.jpg
    10713000_1082834338409580_7813367598243606988_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    BelFire.jpg
    BevWho.jpg
    Joust.jpg
    GCGIC.jpg
    20150307_154048.jpg
    20150307_154138.jpg
    20150307_154228.jpg
    20150307_155233.jpg
    20150307_155238.jpg
    20150307_162549.jpg
    There are 402 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #51 9 years ago

OK, so some games are brought in for general free play, and others are set up for tournament only? Confirm?

If that's the case that seems fair, we could live with that. Though with my luck the titles we're interested in will still be tourney-only, ha ha.

I'm looking forward to it. I have 10 and 7 yo daughters who are arguable more familiar with the NES, SNES, and '79 Intellivision than they are anything from Sony and Microsoft I liked my PS2 and 3, but these days I'm stuck in the past. So are my sibs when they visit.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

OK, so some games are brought in for general free play, and others are set up for tournament only? Confirm?

Yup - last year 120 on free play, then the tournament games (maybe 10?) can't remember.

I have 10 and 7 yo daughters who are arguable more familiar with the NES, SNES, and '79 Intellivision than they are anything from Sony and Microsoft I liked my PS2 and 3, but these days I'm stuck in the past. So are my sibs when they visit.

All the consoles are retro - pre 2000. So you will fit right in.

#53 9 years ago

If that's the case that seems fair, we could live with that. Though with my luck the titles we're interested in will still be tourney-only, ha ha.
    I'm looking forward to it. I have 10 and 7 yo daughters who are arguable more familiar with the NES, SNES, and '79 Intellivision than they are anything from Sony and Microsoft I liked my PS2 and 3, but these days I'm stuck in the past. So are my sibs when they visit.

Last year totaled about 120 games if I remember right with the tourney games. Plenty of games on freeplay

#54 9 years ago

Thanks for the clarification... that sounds fantastic! Will have to drop in that Saturday for certain.

#55 9 years ago

Is anyone bringing a ACDC Premium or Luci to sell?

#56 9 years ago

Only 6 weeks away - don't forget to book your rooms before they sell out.

To do so, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show @ 1-502-491-4830

Thanks

#57 9 years ago

IIRC there is no C division. Just one main tourney where the top 16 qualifiers are A div and the 17-24 are B division. You cannot qualify for B if you are above a certain WPPR ranking, usually around 200-250.

There are exponentially more pins on the free-play floor than in the tourney, so don't let that deter you from coming. I've been the last two years and it is a great show and tourney. If you are serious about the tourney, do not wait until Saturday to come. There is some great qualifying time to be had on Friday, especially if you want to do Classics and Main. Some of the heavy hitters who are usually there are Josh Henderson, Bob Mathews, The Rosa's, The Leffkof's, Trent Augenstein, Steve Bowden, Lyman, Jason Werdrick, and the Sharpe's. Oh, and me, I guess I could be considered a "heavy hitter".

#58 9 years ago

Unfortunately I cannot come till about noon Saturday. So I will have to make it work.

#59 9 years ago

Just made my reservations, I may bring paragon and judge dredd this year

#60 9 years ago

I have never been to this show, someone told me it had very few pins but looks like they lied. Gonna make plans to go this year!

#61 9 years ago

I bought a pin and a friend sold a pin there last time. I seen several sell. plenty of buyers.
    the ones that didn't sell had too high of price tags. people aren't dumb. if you are smart enough to find and go to a show , you aren't paying retail.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

I have never been to this show, someone told me it had very few pins but looks like they lied. Gonna make plans to go this year!

There were a lot of pins there,and more every year.It will be a great Show!

#63 9 years ago

This will be my fourth year going to this Expo, and every year it's gets bigger and better with more pinball machines and exhibitors. Eventually this show might have to be moved to a bigger venue.

#64 9 years ago

Anyone have any stand up arcade racers for sale they may bring? Looking for one of the following:

Daytona USA
    Hydro Thunder
    OutRun
    OutRun 2

PM if you may have one. Thanks!

#65 9 years ago

I have a RR 75th WOZ for sale I can bring. Also a NIB Walking Dead NIB. PM for details. I won't bring them unless they are presold. The RR is my demo game and only has less than 100 plays on it. Has the MezelMods lit Winkie, plastic protectors and the OZ cover mods on it.

[email protected]

#66 9 years ago

I also have a beautiful No Fear with unfaded cabinet and mint playfield. Just shopped with flippers rebuilt, LED's and working perfectly.

[email protected]

#67 9 years ago

Only 5 weeks away!

#68 9 years ago

Is there a running list of what people have registered to bring? I was thinking there was on the site last year, but I'm not seeing it now. It might affect what people commit to bring so that there aren't a lot of duplicates, but it's also fun to review and anticipate playing specific games.

#69 9 years ago

I hope Derrick's Alien Star is there again! If Salas brought his Big Game again that would be awesome as well!

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I hope Derrick's Alien Star is there again! If Salas brought his Big Game again that would be awesome as well!

Dang, does this Salas guy have a really nice Big Game? I am slowly restoring mine and would like to starting bringing it to shows once finished.

#71 9 years ago

Yes, it's Mark Salas. He put his BG in the classics tourney last year and it played and looked great.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Is there a running list of what people have registered to bring? I was thinking there was on the site last year, but I'm not seeing it now. It might affect what people commit to bring so that there aren't a lot of duplicates, but it's also fun to review and anticipate playing specific games.

It will be on the site soon

#73 9 years ago

I would love to see Joust at the show again. That was one of my favorites!

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, it's Mark Salas. He put his BG in the classics tourney last year and it played and looked great.

Great. Hopefully it is there again. Would love to play it.

#75 9 years ago

I need a couple sheets of pf glass if any vendors are thinking about taking. Also a BSD plastic set

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I need a couple sheets of pf glass if any vendors are thinking about taking.

There was someone selling them last year for $25 each or 5 for $100. He started selling them Thursday night during setup. I got 5 as soon as he rolled them out. I'm not sure if he sold out quickly or had some available later into the weekend.

#77 9 years ago

I'm looking for a lockdown bar for a Gottlieb Diamond Lady. Anybody that has one laying around and brings it to the show would become my newest bestest friend.

#78 9 years ago

There was someone selling them last year for $25 each or 5 for $100. He started selling them Thursday night during setup. I got 5 as soon as he rolled them out. I'm not sure if he sold out quickly or had some available later into the weekend.

Trent was selling them, he usually does. And they always sell out as far as I know. Everyone loves new glass.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I need a couple sheets of pf glass if any vendors are thinking about taking. Also a BSD plastic set

Trent will bring pf glass if you contact him before hand

#80 9 years ago

Ooh I would love a new pf glass for my machine, but I won't be there until Saturday. Who is "Trent" and how should I contact him?

#81 9 years ago

Trent Augenstein with Tilt Amusements.

#82 9 years ago

Thank you! I contacted him and he said he would bring one for me.

#83 9 years ago

Alrighty. Changed my reservation to Friday and Saturday for the hotel. I didn't think I was goin to be able to go at all, now I should be there all weekend. Hopefully I can qualify for Classics or Main. Don't care where I finish, just want to qualify and see what happens from there. Should be a blast, cannot wait!

#84 9 years ago

Anyone bringing a Tron, IM, Congo, or CFTBL they would like to sell?

#85 9 years ago

MET Premium / LE on the list also

#86 9 years ago

Was able to schedule off Friday!

Also I have an unrestored MM with new Mirco pf (not installed) I could take for a trade

#87 9 years ago

Is there a lot to play on Friday or is it mostly stuff getting set up? Thanks.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from HeyNow:

Is there a lot to play on Friday or is it mostly stuff getting set up? Thanks.

Games are generally supposed to be set up on Thursday. I think some people aren't able to get there until Friday, but for the most part things are set up by the time the expo opens on Friday. If you're only planning to go one day, in my experience Friday is the ideal day to go for number of games that are set up and crowd size.

Of course, if you bring a game, you might just get some crowd-free early access on Thursday...

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from josh5859:

Anyone bringing a Tron, IM, Congo, or CFTBL they would like to sell?

If I go I might bring this super nice Tron for sale for what I paid 6600. Please check all the mods. I sold one like this at last years show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pimped-out-tron

My friend sold his Tron with little mods almost all stock see here 5200 I sold him this one new

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-fs-huo-1-owner-5200

#90 9 years ago

Will they tell us the games used for the main and classics tournament ahead of time?

#91 9 years ago

Do you have any vendor spaces available?

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Was able to schedule off Friday!
    Also I have an unrestored MM with new Mirco pf (not installed) I could take for a trade

I'll trade you my collection and my soul.

Shit, nevermind, I forgot I was a redhead

#93 9 years ago

I'm looking for a skill crane if anyone knows of one.

#94 9 years ago

I am looking for:
    Transformers Pro
    Radical!
    Grand Prix
    Bone Busters
    Firepower II cabinet
    Hyperball cabinet

#95 9 years ago

Looking to get a Metallica Pro (LED) NIB. Who has one available and can deliver to the show gets my Dollars. PM me price and details.

#96 9 years ago

Is anyone bringing a Spectrum to the show? I would love to get a chance to play one of these.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I am looking for:
    Transformers Pro
    Radical!
    Grand Prix
    Bone Busters
    Firepower II cabinet
    Hyperball cabinet

Transformers eh? I thought Brian and myself were the only ones into that pin

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Looking to get a Metallica Pro (LED) NIB. Who has one available and can deliver to the show gets my Dollars. PM me price and details.

I have one, but not sure I want to part with it

#99 9 years ago

This t-rex is preparing for her public appearance.

IMG_20150217_125027.jpgIMG_20150217_125027.jpg
    #100 9 years ago

This t-rex is preparing for her public appearance.

IMG_20150217_125027.jpg 213 KB

Damn! that thing looks incredible. Cannot wait to see it in person. I think you might sell more than one of those.

There are 402 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-6-8-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.