Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 67 votes
    22%
  • Premium 103 votes
    34%
  • LE 129 votes
    43%

(Multiple choice - 299 votes by 290 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4143 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-Pinball-Custom-Card-Rules-Mikonos1 (resized).jpg
Jaws-Pinball-Custom-Card-Free-Play-Mikonos1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2862 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3394 (resized).JPG
20240425_191407 (resized).jpg
Pinside_gameroom_113208_3874226 (resized).jpg
IMG_4792 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7445.gif
IMG_2936 (resized).jpeg
dd11e204-9c21-47a1-b5a1-a56a2d974383_text.gif
IMG_4819 (resized).jpeg
DSC01059 (resized).JPG
Jaws day (resized).jpg
jwdssk (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240423_131807_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 73.
#2201 39 days ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Anyone have an issue with the screw from the fin mech backing out? It is happening daily. Fin stops popping up. Open up the cab and the screw is sitting on the bottom? Reinstall and fine for awhile. Have been just hand tightening, but maybe I really need to lock it down. Maybe some Locktite?
[quoted image]

Hasn't happened yet , but thx for the heads up. A drop of blue locktite will solve the issue.

#2202 39 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

That honestly looks like shit. Not trying to bust your balls, but constructive criticism is a good thing at times. Craftsmanship: good, but not on this particular item.

Needed to come to another modder's defense here.

1) This is not constructive criticism. This is criticism only, because it does not provide any constructive suggestions for improvement. "Constructive criticism is a form of feedback that focuses on delivering critique and negative feedback constructively and positively to improve performance or behavior. Constructive criticism is actionable, clear, and beneficial to the recipient. It does not focus solely on the negative aspects."

2) I saw the Back Alley Creations apron in person at TPF. It definitely doesn't photograph well, looks nicer in person. The 'osb look' people complained about in this thread was probably more due to the texture -- if you look from the side angle you can see it has some wave to it, and the coloration + wavy texture don't really translate well to a 2D photo.

Is it a departure from typical apron design? Clearly. I could definitely see it on a game placed in a nautical themed room / display.
20240317_133955 (resized).jpg20240317_133955 (resized).jpg
20240317_134004 (resized).jpg20240317_134004 (resized).jpg

#2203 39 days ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Anyone else still out there waiting on an LE?

Yes, still waiting. As of late last week, my distributor said they were just about to receive it and reship it to me.

I thought it was coming to me direct from Stern, but my distributor said "Stern has gotten strict with drop ships" (not sure what that means)

#2204 39 days ago

Calm down. Are you his wife?
When someone tells me my paint job looks like shit, I recognize it and make it 10 times better! I don’t pout about it. I guess one could call it constructive criticism in hard fashion, but these days folks get ass hurt about it.
Anyway I’m just one guy with an opinion, even though there were others….
If you like it, then buy it

#2205 39 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

1) This is not constructive criticism. This is criticism only, because it does not provide any constructive suggestions for improvement. "Constructive criticism is a form of feedback that focuses on delivering critique and negative feedback constructively and positively to improve performance or behavior. Constructive criticism is actionable, clear, and beneficial to the recipient. It does not focus solely on the negative aspects."
2) I saw the Back Alley Creations apron in person at TPF. It definitely doesn't photograph well, looks nicer in person. The 'osb look' people complained about in this thread was probably more due to the texture -- if you look from the side angle you can see it has some wave to it, and the coloration + wavy texture don't really translate well to a 2D photo.
Is it a departure from typical apron design? Clearly. I could definitely see it on a game placed in a nautical themed room / display.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think it would look better if it was stained to match the wood color of the plastics. Right now it doesn’t match the color of anything

#2206 38 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Calm down. Are you his wife?
When someone tells me my paint job looks like shit, I recognize it and make it 10 times better! I don’t pout about it. I guess one could call it constructive criticism in hard fashion, but these days folks get ass hurt about it.
Anyway I’m just one guy with an opinion, even though there were others….
If you like it, then buy it

He was actually just correcting you about misusing the term, and you are still wrong… you can’t add additional adjectives to “constructive criticism” (i.e. in hard fashion) and suddenly you were right to call it such, you would need to explain why you think it looks like shit (e.g. too much negative space, not enough color contrast, etc)

Anyone else marveling at the use of constructive criticism to critique someone’s misuse of the term constructive criticism?

#2207 38 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It looked pretty cool in person at Matt's booth at TPF. I wish I had taken a picture of it on the Jaws Premium they has setup in the booth.

#2208 38 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think the design looks fine, it’s the variety of wood that I believe would make all the difference in presentation. To me it looks like stained pine, a better choice of a darker wood type with deeper tones and grain would look great! A really nice redwood, blackwood, teak, cherry or even mahogany would look great, my personal choice is I would love to see this done in a deep walnut.
Just my thoughts.

#2210 38 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

He was actually just correcting about misusing the term, and you are still wrong… you can’t add additional adjectives to “constructive criticism” (i.e. in hard fashion) and suddenly you were right to call it such, you would need to explain why you think it looks like shit (e.g. too much negative space, not enough color contrast, etc)
Anyone else marveling at the use of constructive criticism to critique someone’s misuse of the term constructive criticism?

I was referring to the other guy,pouting and getting asshurt over something that he didn’t even make. Not him.
I once added something to my Iron Maiden that I thought was awesome, so I posted it. One guy said about the same as I did. Totally shot it down and others followed. I was confused at first cause I personally thought it was great. Ultimately I agreed that it’s ok to have your shit shot down once in a while.
Maybe he’ll change up the color like another suggested on here, or enhance it in some other fashion. Hell, he might take my comment and use it as a tool to make it even better and sell a ton of ‘em’.
Anyway, happy modding! Hopefully nobody has any hard feelings.
I wish both of them success!

#2211 38 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think it would look better if it was stained to match the wood color of the plastics. Right now it doesn’t match the color of anything

Quoted from CRCades:

I think the design looks fine, it’s the variety of wood that I believe would make all the difference in presentation. To me it looks like stained pine, a better choice of a darker wood type with deeper tones and grain would look great! A really nice redwood, blackwood, teak, cherry or even mahogany would look great, my personal choice is I would love to see this done in a deep walnut

^ these are constructive criticism

#2213 38 days ago

Constructive builds up. Non-constructive is a stale mate or a tearing down. Now let’s get back to positive pinball, constructive discussions

#2214 38 days ago

Anyone herd of new code yet?

#2215 38 days ago

I do find myself bypassing a lot of the end of ball scenes. They feel kind of long but never timed it against any other games. Not sure if there is a way to fix other than changes the scenes since you are at the mercy of the scene length itself

#2216 38 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Anyone herd of new code yet?

Waiting for The Weatherman to find the next nerf first.

#2217 38 days ago

Apparently I missed a call from my distro a week ago and my LE has been sitting and waiting on me this whole time LOL needless to say I’ll be checking in finally with the LE tomorrow! Wooo!

#2218 38 days ago
Quoted from CRCades:

I think the design looks fine, it’s the variety of wood that I believe would make all the difference in presentation. To me it looks like stained pine, a better choice of a darker wood type with deeper tones and grain would look great! A really nice redwood, blackwood, teak, cherry or even mahogany would look great, my personal choice is I would love to see this done in a deep walnut.
Just my thoughts.

I would be afraid of solid wood warping .It looks like he used a low grade plywood .but plywood could also warping, I would consider a hard board or baltic berch plywood with a vaneer of any of the hard woods sugested .

#2219 38 days ago

Anyone else want Chief Brody to stop looking down his pants at end of Scars Mode??
I love this game and scenes-- that scene is the only one off I could do without.

#2220 38 days ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Anyone else want Chief Brody to stop looking down his pants at end of Scars Mode??
I love this game and scenes-- that scene is the only one off I could do without.

I thought he was looking down at an old appendectomy scar and he felt less manly because his scar wasn’t as cool as theirs.

#2221 38 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

I thought he was looking down at an old appendectomy scar and he felt less manly because his scar wasn’t as cool as theirs.

That may be, but still...

#2222 38 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

This is exactly true. I think it’s perfect that they show it when you drain during scars

#2223 38 days ago

I’ll tell ya…I had been waiting for this theme for a while and was very disappointed when you watched the initial Elwin stream. The Dead Flip stream was better but I couldn’t get over what I saw in the layout.

Fast forward to me playing the game on location, still wasn’t excited in that I committed to buying the game and it was coming soon to my doorstep. Now I own it and now that I have time to understand the rules and explore the shots I’m really digging it. Man that left shot comes back quick to the flipper.

#2224 38 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Is that what it was? I always assumed it was some kind of scar from his previous police activity like a gunshot or something, but he didn't want to get involved in the one-upmanship with the other two.

#2225 38 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Is that what it was? I always assumed it was some kind of scar from his previous police activity like a gunshot or something, but he didn't want to get involved in the one-upmanship with the other two.

Yeah, I could see that, too. Funny how the scene can be interpreted different ways.

#2226 38 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Well the sound package is just too good to not put a Pinwoofer on my game. I've only sprung for the cost on one other game at this point (Godzilla), but I feel like Jaws definitely needs it.

For those that have upgraded to pinwoofer……is it a night & day difference?

I’ve swapped out the stock speakers for kenwoods but haven’t really noticed a difference…..considering an amp & external sub.

#2227 38 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

I’ve swapped out the stock speakers for kenwoods but haven’t really noticed a difference…..considering an amp & external sub.

Yup, you get no gain without an amp. Jaws really shines with it installed.

#2228 38 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup, you get no gain without an amp. Jaws really shines with it installed.

About to put mine in. Pinwoofers for the win

#2229 38 days ago

I got Pinwoofer system, Pinmonk fan and coil coolers, start button, Amity charters key chain.

Pin being delivered Thursday.

I’ve never, NEVER been this excited for a pinball nib.

Gonna have a pingasm.

#2230 38 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got Pinwoofer system, Pinmonk fan and coil coolers, start button, Amity charters key chain.
Gonna have a pingasm.

Better order the rocket city airball fix too, solved 95% of mine. I think anytime there's a gap, and the way a ball spins, airballs are inevitable. Very happy with this game!

#2231 38 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gonna have a pingasm.

For me, it has the potential to be an all-time great.

At this point in the code, I don’t doubt it.

JP and Jaws top 2 for Elwin crew. GZ drops a notch due to theme.

You don’t need all that shit to enjoy the game Rick but congrats.

Get the barrel pingulp.

Don’t need Pinmonk fans in a HUO environment unless you are playing for hours on end.

Maybe you will go 24/7. Otherwise a waste of $$$

#2232 38 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For me, it has the potential to be an all-time great.
At this point in the code, I don’t doubt it.
JP and Jaws top 2 for Elwin crew. GZ drops a notch due to theme.
You don’t need all that shit to enjoy the game Rick but congrats.
Get the barrel pingulp.
Don’t need Pinmonk fans in a HUO environment unless you are playing for hours on end.
Maybe you will go 24/7. Otherwise a waste of $$$

Sold my gz le, was tired of it. Jaws is a refreshing upgrade, imo.

#2233 38 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

About to sell mine too. I like different. And Jaws is really good Mark as you know

#2234 38 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

I really liked the look of this upgrade and ordered one at TPF for my Jaws LE. When it comes in I will report back on how I like it.

https://www.pinsound.org/pinblaster

#2235 38 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ive had a zilla le on loan for almost a year now. Im bored of it too. Its fine, but Im ready for it to go back to its owner, lol. Jaws is SUPER fun! Luckily I have a friend with a prem I can go play.

#2236 38 days ago

Ok this is an opinion, but also I think there is some facts here.

This is the best LE sterns ever made.

By this measure:
Only LE to have different material for the artwork and not just different artwork.

Speaker lights that are integrated: even though you could claim that as a wash for not having expression lighting

Upgraded shooter rod already attached.

I feel like there is more than I’ve listed but this LE definitely feels more unique than many before it. I’d love to hear others thoughts!

#2237 38 days ago

Only LE to have different material for the artwork and not just different artwork.

Rush had the shiny foil decals on the sides too.

#2238 38 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Rush had the shiny foil decals on the sides too.

So does godzilla. Im not sure what theyre talking about.

#2239 38 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

It really is night and day difference. I was as skeptical as the next guy, but PinWoofer really delivers. I’m looking to get these for the rest of my pins.

#2240 38 days ago

By this measure:
Speaker lights that are integrated: even though you could claim that as a wash for not having expression lighting
I feel like there is more than I’ve listed but this LE definitely feels more unique than many before it. I’d love to hear others thoughts!

Elvira BRK would like to have a word with you

#2241 38 days ago

I went with white titans. I also went the power ball route with the shark mouth and boat, I kinda like it!
I will be doing blue precision flippers as soon as the 2 1/8" blue are available

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#2242 38 days ago

Get the pinwoofer! I'm about to install a shaker motor and the myth pinball undercab lights in mine. I'm happy to report the lights strobe just like the speaker one, which should provide a very aquatic look if you use blue.

I like the barrel pingulp, but I'm holding out for a Narragansett one. Someone please make one!

#2243 38 days ago

By this measure:

Definitely not first to have foil side art.

Upgraded shooter rod attached? What? No… I still haven’t put mine in.

Also - have you seen a Star Trek LE?

#2244 38 days ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

That is a very interesting moment in the movie. In the scene, Hooper and Quint are bonding over scars. Meanwhile, That scar that Brody has goes unexplained. At the beginning of the movie it is made clear that Brody moved his family from New York city. I've always thought that they moved from New York cause he was shot and almost killed. If so, he had them beat on the scar-off, but he decided to let it go...and in the movie, thats when Bruce came knocking.

#2245 38 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Only Mods on My every pin Must have list are:
Rocket City pinball mods.
Space Coast Pinball mods.
Mr Tantrum flipper toppers.
PinMonk colour inserts (if needed)
Game room mods Plastic protectors
a Gouveia mod, IF one is made
That’s it.
I’m fairly certain nothing else will meet My standards and needs for my Jaws LE or really most of my pins.
GZ taught me that, although there are so many cool options and they look alright/cool, 99% of mods just are Not worth it. 6 years into this phenomenal hobby, over modding just is Not for me.

If you're buying from all those said providers it's a safe bet you're still in the mod too much basket.
I once spent a fortune on mods before realising you just don't get the money back. Far too expensive these days for what you get.
Im also finding more and more collectors want stock le's over modded up ones in many cases. Interesting.

#2246 38 days ago

I have to say, I really love the fin mech in this game. It adds a level of chaos to the game that fits so well with the theme. I hope they continue to enhance the usage of it as the code progresses. Raft attack is already my favorite encounter by far.

#2247 38 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I have to say, I really love the fin mech in this game. It adds a level of chaos to the game that fits so well with the theme. I hope they continue to enhance the usage of it as the code progresses. Raft attack is already my favorite encounter by far.

Totally agree, I thought it would be easier than it is to hit. I find you have to try to hit the edge of it to avoid a SDTM.

#2248 38 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Scars is mine. I love the audio of them singing in the background. I've yet to beat it because I suck at pinball, but does Quint eventually get to the USS Indianapolis speech in this mode?

#2249 38 days ago

Just noticed when entering initials for cast & catch champion, that they’ve got Kieth walking past the window outside behind Brody. I thought it was just a regular passer by at first.

#2250 38 days ago

I’m in for a pinwoofer in Jaws too. Love the system, but GZ is the only other one I’ve sprung for it on. To the LE owners still waiting, it’s worth it. I also have the rocket city chum line fix on the way, though I don’t think I’m getting as many airballs off the chum line as I am the standup. I ordered three of the angled standup targets to try to cut down on airballs in the reel area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 3,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club/page/45?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.