Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 69 votes
    22%
  • Premium 108 votes
    35%
  • LE 134 votes
    43%

(Multiple choice - 311 votes by 302 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

My Shark (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240420_180452_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240429_173239 (resized).jpg
20240505_130958 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_5059 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6180 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 2.07.10?PM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240506_152405 (resized).jpg
20240506_152415 (resized).jpg
20240506_152042 (resized).jpg
20240505_130958 (resized).jpg
IMG_1413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #206 TECH: MAINTENANCE. Rubber ring replacement size/location details Posted by MrMikeman (3 months ago)

Post #729 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shark fin target issue - possible fix Posted by Pinball-Cruiser (81 days ago)

Post #756 TECH: MAINTENANCE. Upper playfield removal tips Posted by John_I (80 days ago)

Post #861 TECH: ERROR MESSAGES. Game Validation error - how to clear it. Posted by PinMonk (78 days ago)

Post #971 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Reel assembly juicing recipe. Posted by chuckwurt (75 days ago)

Post #1157 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Reel spinner assembly oiling process detail Posted by chuckwurt (72 days ago)

Post #1201 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Air ball fix at chum plastic Posted by Ollulanus (72 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#514 85 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

On mine I’d say 80% of the time

I played a handful of games on your Jaws yesterday and not one SDTM off the full plunge

1 week later
#1127 73 days ago
Quoted from Sunapee-007:

So still waiting on any news on my LE coming from Stern, but wondering if people can give some advice to a newbie on how best to deal with my first machine and NIB JAWS.
With all the little things people are finding, what is the best way to start? I think I recall reading that the Spike 2 allows you do test each and every switch, but is that worth the effort before playing it? Is that a manual process where you trigger a switch off the diagram and make sure they did cross wires like some have reported? Is the 2 hours upfront work a good return on my time?
I already have to install the volume/headphone into the coin door before I play too. However, this feels like a load of extra work, but feels like the upfront delay in playing first game might prevent disappointment/frustration later.
Experts thoughts?

Before I fire it up the first time, I go through the backbox and push in all the molex connectors to make sure none came loose during transport.

I then lift the playfield and do the same to the connectors underneath. Maybe not all, but a random bunch.

I also use nut drivers and make sure everything is snug. Not every nut, just a random bunch.

Then I’ll start some games and look to see if any switches look like they aren’t working. It’s rare that I have an issue but sometimes things need tweaking.

Just remember to not work on the game when it’s on. Don’t wanna short something

1 week later
#1547 66 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Rocket City Pinball mods update:
** CHUM LINE AIRBALL SUPPRESSOR **
I printed the Airball Surpressor (formerly the 'goober', lol) in TPU and boy was I skeptical at first, seemed so soft, I wasn't sure it'd be adequate -- but I'll be darned, it's PERFECT. Nice soft surface to touch the bottom of the plastic, to protect the art; the supporting sections flexible enough to compress ever so slightly per your required fastener torque; the supports still firm enough to keep the plastic in place with zero sag! Amazing.
~~~EDIT: Now available in the shop! Shop listing also includes installation video.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/10458-chum-line-airball-suppressor-jaws
[quoted image]
** LIFE RING ACTION BUTTON HOUSING **
I was being pretty critical of the finish, so I've been tweaking it off-and-on all week to improve it. I finally have the red-wrap versions finalized and am running a batch right now, so I should have those up in the shop hopefully today or tomorrow. The 'ORCA' version has been proving more troublesome, so that version's not ready yet. I was initially going to put them all up for sale at the same time, but I realize there's no sense making you wait if you already know you want the red-wrap version. So I'll get the version up soon, and will follow up with the Orca version later once I get happy with it. (If you decide later you'd rather have the Orca, I'd happily process an exchange for you.

I think we should add Mylar to the underside of the chum plastic if we are using the air ball suppresser. If the paint starts chipping from contact it’s not gonna be good. Anyone have thoughts on this?

2 weeks later
#2191 52 days ago

Just got my Jaws pro. I’m really liking the shaker motor effects. Has anyone had any issues with the ball exiting the mini flipper lane and bouncing off the top of the right sling instead of going cleanly down the inlane?

The ball isn’t hitting the mini flipper and being directed off line. It just seems to be guided to the top of the right sling. I tried to see if there was some play in the ball guide above the flipper to move it to the right, so the ball would fall closer to the flipper and hopefully cleanly down the inlane, but had no luck

#2200 51 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Just got my Jaws pro. I’m really liking the shaker motor effects. Has anyone had any issues with the ball exiting the mini flipper lane and bouncing off the top of the right sling instead of going cleanly down the inlane?
The ball isn’t hitting the mini flipper and being directed off line. It just seems to be guided to the top of the right sling. I tried to see if there was some play in the ball guide above the flipper to move it to the right, so the ball would fall closer to the flipper and hopefully cleanly down the inlane, but had no luck

Seems like my solution has to do with how the game is leveled and pitched. I’ve got it close to dialed in with a slight 0.4 degree lean to the right. I’m at 6.6 degree pitch.

For people whose ball comes cleanly down into the inlane from the mini flipper, what pitch are you at?

#2205 51 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Needed to come to another modder's defense here.
1) This is not constructive criticism. This is criticism only, because it does not provide any constructive suggestions for improvement. "Constructive criticism is a form of feedback that focuses on delivering critique and negative feedback constructively and positively to improve performance or behavior. Constructive criticism is actionable, clear, and beneficial to the recipient. It does not focus solely on the negative aspects."
2) I saw the Back Alley Creations apron in person at TPF. It definitely doesn't photograph well, looks nicer in person. The 'osb look' people complained about in this thread was probably more due to the texture -- if you look from the side angle you can see it has some wave to it, and the coloration + wavy texture don't really translate well to a 2D photo.
Is it a departure from typical apron design? Clearly. I could definitely see it on a game placed in a nautical themed room / display.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think it would look better if it was stained to match the wood color of the plastics. Right now it doesn’t match the color of anything

#2215 50 days ago

I do find myself bypassing a lot of the end of ball scenes. They feel kind of long but never timed it against any other games. Not sure if there is a way to fix other than changes the scenes since you are at the mercy of the scene length itself

#2222 50 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

I thought he was looking down at an old appendectomy scar and he felt less manly because his scar wasn’t as cool as theirs.

This is exactly true. I think it’s perfect that they show it when you drain during scars

#2223 50 days ago

I’ll tell ya…I had been waiting for this theme for a while and was very disappointed when you watched the initial Elwin stream. The Dead Flip stream was better but I couldn’t get over what I saw in the layout.

Fast forward to me playing the game on location, still wasn’t excited in that I committed to buying the game and it was coming soon to my doorstep. Now I own it and now that I have time to understand the rules and explore the shots I’m really digging it. Man that left shot comes back quick to the flipper.

#2337 48 days ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Has anyone made any adjustments to tune in the right in lane? Seems like it’s very rare that the ball falls straight down from the mini flipper to inlane without bouncing off the top corner of the sling post, then the post by the outlane. I tried adjusting the mini flipper a bit, and also tried taking off the mini post rubber but it doesn’t make much of a difference. It seems like no matter what when it drops down past the mini flipper it will tip off that sling. Any thoughts?
The only other thing I can think to try is recheck to see if it’s level but it should be.

I had the same issue. My pitch is 6.6 and I make mine lean slightly to the right (less than 1/2 degree) and the ball is now falling somewhat cleanly down the inlane. It’s very temperamental though. I wish others would chime in to see what the norm is. I will also add that I removed the mini post rubber on the outlane. This greatly reduced how much the ball would bounce around and now it just rattles down the inlane

My ball would not clip the mini flipper. It was a slight bounce off the rubber post, then to the ball guide above mini flipper, then to the top of the sling according to my slow mo video

#2342 48 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m sitting at 6.9 incline and perfectly level side to side. I’m not encountering this problem. Even at high speeds it feeds smoothly down the inlane
[quoted image]

Thanks. I was wondering if the steeper pitch would cause the ball to fall and miss the sling.

#2351 48 days ago

Not sure if hitting the reel shot qualifies something, but if so maybe make the full plunge into the reel award the first shot. That would provide some strategy on what to go for.

Skill shot 2 is incredibly difficult for me. Even if I just barely get it out of the shooter lane that pop bumper skirt is right there. I maybe only made it a few times

#2572 43 days ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I rarely say this, but I'm leaning Pro on this one.

Pro owner here. I think it shoots great but if this is a dream theme for you, go premium

#2696 40 days ago

Damn game validation error keeps popping up. Restricts me from using IC. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes not. Are we under the consensus it’s a code bug?

3 weeks later
#3405 18 days ago

90% of Pin Monks posts are responding to people that have questions or need help. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with him. He is an asset to the community. If you other assholes left pinside no one would care.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 225.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Rio Rancho, NM
$ 799.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.99
Lighting - Led
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.