pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4709 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2900 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 6.56.30?PM (resized).jpeg
IMG_1846 (resized).JPG
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 3 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

I heard that podcast and am working on a shark fin encased in an acrylics square target. Best of both worlds!

Awesome! I will be in on that and keep us updated!

#52 3 months ago

i have a feeling this thread is gonna be awesome to follow....

#53 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This beer is still widely sold, my local beer distributor has it with a life size Quint.
Not a terrible beer, kind of like a PBR.
I’ll be buying a case to drink and crush cans with my game

I saw it in the beer aisle while grocery shopping today. $14 for a 12 pack. I spent the $14 on a six pack of good beer instead of on 12 cans of water

#54 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I saw it in the beer aisle while grocery shopping today. $14 for a 12 pack. I spent the $14 on a six pack of good beer instead of on 12 cans of water

It’s a novelty and since we are supposed to be Quint might as well drink the man’s beer.

#56 3 months ago

Idk how you'd do it, but I think the idea of little beach ball looking pinballs would be really fun for the theme

#57 3 months ago
Quoted from TFK:

Here are my GW flipper toppers. Resin printed with flexible resin and hand painted. We should have them ready in about 2-3 weeks. We have several mods were working on and test printing
Stay tuned
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Flipper toppers that look like harpoon guns would be pretty cool

#58 3 months ago

I made prototype 2 for the shooter rod. I used a different weathering technique which doesn’t give as much texture and I think works better for this. Also added a rope to the top as seen in the films.

I can also do them without weathering if you want one that looks brand new.

IMG_7096 (resized).jpegIMG_7096 (resized).jpegIMG_7097 (resized).jpegIMG_7097 (resized).jpeg
#59 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Idk how you'd do it, but I think the idea of little beach ball looking pinballs would be really fun for the theme

I want the captive ball in the boat to be a ceramic that has the guy's head printed on it, instead of a sticker on the boat deck.

#60 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I want the captive ball in the boat to be a ceramic that has the guy's head printed on it, instead of a sticker on the boat deck.

Power ball with a sharpie smiley face coming up!

#61 3 months ago

Will Stern come out with expression lights for the LE and Premium like Rush? Just seeing if anyone has heard.

#62 3 months ago
Quoted from Pumpkinking16:

Will Stern come out with expression lights for the LE and Premium like Rush? Just seeing if anyone has heard.

No expression lights like Rush on this title.
The LE has standard side art blades

#63 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

No expression lights like Rush on this title.
The LE has standard side art blades

The expression lights for Jaws are speaker lights included in the LE. They do effects like a sonar sweep

#64 3 months ago

There are a lot of really decent looking painted great white shark toys on Amazon for $10-15. Should be easy to cut the head off one and change out the games shark if you don’t care for the unrealistic look.

#65 3 months ago

Getting a shark fin that looks like it is not going backwards would be huge. Not sure if there's a lentricular image or a mirrored image that could be used here.

#66 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The expression lights for Jaws are speaker lights included in the LE. They do effects like a sonar sweep

Wow, really?? I missed that...is that in the feature matrix?

#67 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Wow, really?? I missed that...is that in the feature matrix?

It's in the trailer/featurette.

Here's a direct link to the spot that mentions it:

#68 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's in the trailer/featurette.
Here's a direct link to the spot that mentions it:

Thanks!! ...and expect another order of your quite fan that is in all my Sterns and a tivo box too!

#69 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Thanks!! ...and expect another order of your quite fan that is in all my Sterns and a tivo box too!

Ah, another TiVo stalwart! We have had almost every box on every TV in the house, from the very first week they came out until Roamio. We're finally letting go and getting an HD Home Run. The new owner has run TiVo into the ground. Sad.

#70 3 months ago

I don’t know if anyone can really make a mod to eat the ball (prove me wrong!), but making one that chomps it jaws may be doable and look sick as hell

#71 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, another TiVo stalwart! We have had almost every box on every TV in the house, from the very first week they came out until Roamio. We're finally letting go and getting an HD Home Run. The new owner has run TiVo into the ground. Sad.

Actually, my tivo is an OTA PVR and they have discontinued its use in Canada but, somehow mine still works and I've been happily not paying for cable for 4 years...since it's OTA, it's an uncompressed digital signal which it even impressive on an 83" LG.

#73 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Actually, my tivo is an OTA PVR and they have discontinued its use in Canada but, somehow mine still works and I've been happily not paying for cable for 4 years...since it's OTA, it's an uncompressed digital signal which it even impressive on an 83" LG.

We only use the main Roamio (another is in a box ready to be sold) we have left as an OTA box to feed a couple TiVo minis so we can have local networks OTA on the TVs in the house. We stream everything else. HD Home Run has a better OTA antenna, so the quality is supposed to be substantially improved from a Roamio. Sad to finally leave TiVo behind, but interested to see what HD Home Run will bring to the party.

#74 3 months ago
Quoted from deafdumbkid:

I think its a no-brainer that marine themed dock buildings will be a great mod, say HO scale stuff, I'm considering a Pro and doing this all myself, lighting windows with leds
https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/waterfront-kits-ho-scale-1/products/marshalls-gas-dock-ho-scale-kit
https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/waterfront-kits-ho-scale-1/products/buds-gas-bait-ho-scale-kit
https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/waterfront-kits-ho-scale-1/products/delgiorno-fish-co-ho-scale-kit
and yes a good scale orca will be soooo good to see
Lee

these are fucking sweet

#75 3 months ago

Speaker Light Covers

Can customize location of text or removal , depending on your desire.

Mirrored designs or mix and match.

Shown with outside magnets. Magnet strips are on the back in final painted and sanded product.

pm's only

Video link Might be processing until 9am est.

Both blue hof (resized).jpgBoth blue hof (resized).jpg

Swimmer Blue No Text (resized).jpgSwimmer Blue No Text (resized).jpg
#76 3 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Speaker Light Covers
Can customize location of text or removal , depending on your desire.
Mirrored designs or mix and match.
Shown with outside magnets. Magnet strips are on the back in final painted and sanded product.
pm's only
Video link Might be processing until 9am est.

[quoted image]

The one on the right looks great. Not sure about putting the name there. Seems like it would be overkill.

#77 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The one on the right looks great. Not sure about putting the name there. Seems like it would be overkill.

Agree with taking the name out, otherwise it looks great!

#78 3 months ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Ditto. The effect is stronger without the word.

#79 3 months ago

Looks like finally Stern is including armor on the Jaws (Premium) premiums! (Thank you Stern!)

If you have a pro your still out of luck, but I have generic armor that looks similar to the Stern Jaws premium
I have a pre-order up for the end of Febuary (Jaws orders will probably be delayed till jaws actually ships though as I will need to verify fit)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08995-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order-for-febuary

jaws-plain (resized).JPGjaws-plain (resized).JPG
#80 3 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thritto.

Swimmer without the logo is way better.

#81 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quoted from badfish981:

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Thritto.
Swimmer without the logo is way better.

the tribe has spoken and the result is in:

Blue is a little purple in the vid.

Swimmer Blue No Text (resized).jpgSwimmer Blue No Text (resized).jpg
#82 3 months ago

New Jaws Speaker mods! Just amazing. check out all of our panels at https://www.voodoopinball.com/

jaws speaker mod 1 (resized).jpgjaws speaker mod 1 (resized).jpgjaws speaker mod 2 (resized).jpgjaws speaker mod 2 (resized).jpg
#83 3 months ago

Big Topper available….

754350CB-CEFE-48AA-8ED0-C24D11872967 (resized).jpeg754350CB-CEFE-48AA-8ED0-C24D11872967 (resized).jpeg
#84 3 months ago

Slightly off topic , for the real Jaws fan.

shark-urinals-v0-f77of9fndld91 (resized).jpgshark-urinals-v0-f77of9fndld91 (resized).jpg
#85 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Slightly off topic , for the real Jaws fan. [quoted image]

But do they eat the balls?

#86 3 months ago

someone needs to make a 3d printed bell buoy w/ Susan Backlinie hanging off it.
2c2631424e5a1471266236861a45ef9b (resized).png2c2631424e5a1471266236861a45ef9b (resized).png

could sit here over the flat one.
boue (resized).pngboue (resized).png

#87 3 months ago

alternately, a nice build of quints shack would be great. the flat water / buoy to the right could be a dock.

image (10) (resized).pngimage (10) (resized).png

shack (resized).pngshack (resized).png
#88 3 months ago

Wanted to edit original post so as not to spam this group. Was past the time.

This will be my last advertisement

Follow my mod progress here . Many designs available for modern Sterns.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-light-mod-stern-magnetic-speaker-frame-silhouettes

Did some horrible PAINT mockups , but they are good enough for seeing what they would look like.

Mock Up Premium - Mirrored Swimmers (resized).pngMock Up Premium - Mirrored Swimmers (resized).pngMock Up Premium Shark Swim Text (resized).pngMock Up Premium Shark Swim Text (resized).pngMock Up Pro Mirrored Swimmer (resized).pngMock Up Pro Mirrored Swimmer (resized).pngMock Up Pro Shark No Text (resized).pngMock Up Pro Shark No Text (resized).png
#89 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Slightly off topic , for the real Jaws fan. [quoted image]

Much better looking than the shark on the Premium and LE.

#90 3 months ago

If someone can do it as I’m sure it would sell, I’d be the first in line for a yellow barrel pingulp.

I’m not sure about the integrity of a 3-D printed one, so if anyone can chime in on how they hold up that would be great. I think if anyone came up with an actual molded one, you could sell a bunch of them…

#91 3 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

My wife may be making some playfield glass dust covers with Mayor Vaughn's coat pattern. [quoted image]

Update - I've been toying around with various concepts and think I've got something we like; but, would appreciate any feedback. While we could make just the simple coat pattern, I had the thought of taking it a bit further and came up with the "what if scenario of Brody using the Mayor Vaughn's coat to sign the contract for Quint" idea. The cover has a contract (with some Easter eggs) for Quint with Vaughn's signature, Brody's pen, and a campaign button from Vaughn's pocket with his promise to "keep the beaches open".

Let me know if you prefer just the simple anchors and pinstripes or if you like the one with more bling. Also, let me know if you'd prefer a smaller pattern; but, my concern was it may be a bit too busy and I wanted it to "read" as the jacket from across the room.

munchy_overview (resized).jpgmunchy_overview (resized).jpgmunchy_contract (resized).jpgmunchy_contract (resized).jpgmunchy_button (resized).jpgmunchy_button (resized).jpg
#92 3 months ago

Flipmods will have all our "usual mods", including flipper topper bats. Here is a screenshot of the designs so far, you will be able to mix and match and pick specific designs for each flipper. Colors (shading, background, borders, etc.) may vary a little bit. Available at https://flipmods.com/product/jaws-flipper-bat-toppers/
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#93 3 months ago

Tried doing a swap for the pop bumper, inspired by frankmac's comment on the main thread.

Great_White_pop_Bumper (resized).jpgGreat_White_pop_Bumper (resized).jpgGreat_White_pop_Bumper_PlayfieldMockup (resized).jpgGreat_White_pop_Bumper_PlayfieldMockup (resized).jpg

Link to work in progress thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-great-white-pop-bumper-mod#post-7965950

#94 3 months ago

Hey everyone - I should be getting through the remainder of the mothra mods I did for Godzilla over the next month.
Not sure who has and hasn’t seen it but its here -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-mothra-mod

Im going to be doing some mods for Jaws pro. Im a huge Jaws fan so Im excited to do these.

#1 on the list is a replacement for the shark and cage. This will be custom sculpted, done in a tough resin and hand painted. I will be starting a thread soon so you can see updates. Will post here as soon as I get the thread set up.

#2 is an orca done in the same manner for the upper left of the playfield. Also will set up a thread for this one.

#3 is a shooter rod - have some ideas but haven’t settled on a final one yet. Might do something similar to my Godzilla one. This will likely be made first and will go in my shop.

Lots of other ideas - but those are the ones I want to gauge interest for first.

Stay tuned - in the meantime pm me if you are interested and I’ll ping you with the thread link as soon as it’s up.

#95 3 months ago

I just finished doing a sample part (side rail) for powder coating for Jaws armor set.. It turned out AWESOME. Also the parts will be clear coated so it will not rub off or change at all.

No 2 sets will be the same, since I control how much bloody splattered is applied, and optional hand prints.

I am taking orders on them, so just drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

20240109_122657 (resized).jpg20240109_122657 (resized).jpg20240109_122702 (resized).jpg20240109_122702 (resized).jpg20240109_122713 (resized).jpg20240109_122713 (resized).jpg20240109_122723 (resized).jpg20240109_122723 (resized).jpg20240109_122728 (resized).jpg20240109_122728 (resized).jpg
#96 3 months ago
Quoted from kevmo:

Tried doing a swap for the pop bumper, inspired by frankmac's comment on the main thread.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like some people are rather fond of this beachgoer . Decided to make a separate thread and get this made soon if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-great-white-pop-bumper-mod#post-7965950

Thanks everyone!

#98 3 months ago

This game really needs benheck beer crushing mech to fill out the back left of the pro

IMG_4340.gifIMG_4340.gif
#99 3 months ago

So is Ninjacamp going to be able to make the interactive lighting setup for Jaws????

#100 3 months ago

Hello, guys! I want to present, as the 100th post in this topic, these mock-ups I made for the Jaws Pinball topper design. Let me know what you think.

Follow me for more toppers and updates.

Thanks everyone!!!

Jaws PBT 1 (resized).jpgJaws PBT 1 (resized).jpgJaws PBT 2 (resized).jpgJaws PBT 2 (resized).jpgJaws PBT 3 (resized).jpgJaws PBT 3 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 74.99
Lighting - Led
Cento Creations

$ 48.50
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-mod-thread/page/2?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.