image11 (resized).jpeg
image10 (resized).jpeg
image9 (resized).jpeg
image8 (resized).jpeg
image7 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpeg
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 1 year ago

--Mothra Mod - this is a custom modeled resin mothra figure. The figure is hand painted and made to look like it came from the factory. Mothra has transparent blue light up eyes and the wiring uses the matrix lighting system that you may be familiar with in some of Diddys Mods. It will come with 6 brackets. Mothra can be mounted where the mothra plastic is on the back wall or you can choose and open spot to put it (whereever you have a free post/screw)

--The price on these is $160

--I wish I could do them for less but the materials and time involved in making and painting each one puts them at that price point.

--Production will be done in batches of 6. Currently thinking I will cap at 50 of these to allow time for other mods.

- Heres is the current list of people I have that said they were interested. Orders will be filled in the order of this list. If people drop out I'll move you up the list.

- If you are interested in one PM me and I will add you to the list

- I will message you when its your turn and get your info for payment and shipping at that time.

- So here is the list and some pictures!

1. jimsheffield (two)-------
2. dgposter-------
3. hcj13-------
4. Jenkins-------
5. Apin Junkie-------
6. izzy -------
7. arzoo --------
8. zeldarioid -------
9. pinfidel -------
10. volitionflipper ------
11. personsaj ------
12. manto1975 ------
13. Ashram56 ------
14. xeneize -----
15. SerenityNow ------
16. toro1966 ------
17. gogojohnnyquack -----
18. Conrad -----
19. Zablon -----
20. Nilser x
21. calprog -----
22. TheSaint025 -----
23. Nappis x -----
24. Mzhulk -----
25. hypercoaster ------
26. jedimastermatt x
27. JJONA ------
28. Bjlj -0
29. Neilio x
30. pinballmlb ------
31. Wray -----
32. Hershmeister -----
33. LJH -----
34. bmunn1 -----
35. IndyPin -----
36. mgbrsfl -----
37. Dexter -----
38. leonml -----
39. Myurochko -----
40. JCG9998 -0-
41. equan911ts -x
42. Djahvy -0-
43. toaster777 -x
44. EarlGrey -----
45. j_m_ (2) -----
46. Spectreman -----
47. Pinball559 -----
48. J85M >
49. matlynch91 -----
50. Thor_Odinson -----
51. VinnyBlanc -x
52. brianbox -----
53. DoctorSpeedy >
54. Cory42 -----
55. Plasma -----
56. Ollulanus -x
57. Chopplebrains -----
58. RSHOFCOLS -----
59. bleeyo -x
60. dabear007 -----
61. Hoss_Coog -----
62. DIRTMAGIRT
63. EMpin
64. wigletbill
65. Nicoli125
66. Acronymicon
67. AROCK
68. Mylstar
69. mrf_pa
70. Garulflo
71. Frogger
72. Livin
73. malignx
74. scottr
75. Parkman
76. Baggerman
77. Shadowless
78. Kkoss24
79. PinBalt
80. junkyard
81. Taros
82. EricM79
83. ripit
84. lakerone
85. Jdkale
86. channelserf
87. PinstarNOLA
88. quirkb5
89. Sixtieskid

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
image9 (resized).jpegimage9 (resized).jpeg

image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpegimage10 (resized).jpegimage10 (resized).jpegimage11 (resized).jpegimage11 (resized).jpegimage13 (resized).jpegimage13 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage14 (resized).jpegimage14 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

Nice work

#3 1 year ago

Lets see it installed

#4 1 year ago

Agree, nice work!

#6 1 year ago

My son and I both own an LE. I would like two painted with lights.

#7 1 year ago

I'm interested in the painted, lit version. Thanks.

#8 1 year ago

Prem. Lighted and painted please. Thanks.

#9 1 year ago

Interested in the painted with lighted eyes!

#10 1 year ago

Nice work. Please add me to the list, painted w/litt eyes. Looking forward to seeing how it looks mounted in a machine.

#11 1 year ago

Looks fairly large (unless you have small hands?!) so certainly curious about where you’d suggest mounting it. This game is getting seriously short on space for large installations following some of the previous mods.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Looks fairly large (unless you have small hands?!) so certainly curious about where you’d suggest mounting it. This game is getting seriously short on space for large installations following some of the previous mods.

Current plan is that it will use a custom piece Im making to mount it to the screws where the plastic mothra is. There are however other options for where to put it and with how i designed it there are multiple places it can fit….so one possibility would be giving the option of where you want to mount it when you place an order.

#13 1 year ago

Having fitted my game with the Super7 Mothra and using the mounting holes for the plastic to rig a bracket, be mindful of the size of the flasher on the backboard behind that Mothra plastic. It can be blinding if it isn’t blocked by the figure. I ended up using a lot of orange gel film to cover it and diffuse the light.

#14 1 year ago

Very nice work .Will be following .

#15 1 year ago

Appreciate your creativity!

#16 1 year ago

Looks great; need to see mounting location(s) before committing.

#17 1 year ago

Does it mount to building?

#18 1 year ago

I am interested in a painted one with light up eyes.

#19 1 year ago

Looks nice!
How hard is it to make wings flap?

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Looks nice!
How hard is it to make wings flap?

I have a giant tattoo of mothra on my bum, if you pull my finger I can make the wings flap. Would you like me to post a video?

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I have a giant tattoo of mothra on my bum, if you pull my finger I can make the wings flap. Would you like me to post a video?

I double dog dare ya!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I double dog dare ya!

I would do it but unfortunately the grandkids have wised up to what happens when they pull papa's finger.

#23 1 year ago

Looks great! I'd be interested in painted/lighted depending on price.

#24 1 year ago

Also interested in a painted and lighted version, price pending! LE fit, here, if it matters!

#25 1 year ago

Looks awesome and lifelike. Looking at it makes me want to step on it. Lol

I'd be in on a painted and lighted version, pending price and install positioning pics.

#26 1 year ago

Interested in a painted and lighted version for a premium thanks!

#27 1 year ago

I have a Pro and would be interested in painted/lighted version (depending on price) IF it fits with the mezel mods noodle shop installed

#28 1 year ago

Interested in a painted version with led eyes to suit an LE please.

#29 1 year ago

Interested into a painted version with light

Regards

#30 1 year ago

Interested in lit & painted version.

#31 1 year ago

Sorry it took so long to post shots of it installed - I was waiting on wire extensions to get here. Here are some shots of where I chose to install it. It can however be installed pretty much anywhere that you have a screw to attach the bracket to. Im also working on another bracket that comes off the back wall where the mothra plastic is. I included a lot of shots from the same angle so you can see what it looks like in different lighting situations.

IMG_3041 (resized).jpgIMG_3041 (resized).jpgIMG_3043 (resized).jpgIMG_3043 (resized).jpgIMG_3045 (resized).jpgIMG_3045 (resized).jpgIMG_3042 (resized).jpgIMG_3042 (resized).jpgIMG_3044 (resized).jpgIMG_3044 (resized).jpgIMG_3039 (resized).jpgIMG_3039 (resized).jpgIMG_3047 (resized).jpgIMG_3047 (resized).jpgIMG_3048 (resized).jpgIMG_3048 (resized).jpgIMG_3049 (resized).jpgIMG_3049 (resized).jpgIMG_3050 (resized).jpgIMG_3050 (resized).jpgIMG_3052 (resized).jpgIMG_3052 (resized).jpgIMG_3053 (resized).jpgIMG_3053 (resized).jpgIMG_3056 (resized).jpgIMG_3056 (resized).jpg
#32 1 year ago

If you can fit it where the original mothra plastic is and maybe just replace the plastic all together I think that would be the ideal mounting position, but I’d be curious then whether it would interfere with the TDiddy Tesla tower that so many people will have mounted close by? If you need a tester to confirm the theory hit me up!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If you can fit it where the original mothra plastic is and maybe just replace the plastic all together I think that would be the ideal mounting position, but I’d be curious then whether it would interfere with the TDiddy Tesla tower that so many people will have mounted close by? If you need a tester to confirm the theory hit me up!

I'd say it mostly like will interfere with tower 1 and possibly tower 3 .......It's a very cool mod though. maybe on a post behind Mechagodzilla ?

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I also think the best solution is to fit it where the original flat plastic is mounted.

I don't have the Diddy Tesla Tower but I do have the LERmods ones and they would interfere with the mod the way you show it mounted in the pictures.

#35 1 year ago

Mounting it back where the mothra plastic is would still likely interfere with the Diddy towers because of the wing span. .. part of that is due to the size of the mod. One option I could explore is making the mod smaller. I would be curious to hear if people would prefer I go that route. I would need to rework the model a little to make sure the lighting parts still fit inside but its an option.

#36 1 year ago

I do not have the tower mods, but would also support the sculpt being smaller so that it can fit in the same area as the existing plastic/flasher.

It looks great!

#37 1 year ago

Smaller might be the way to go

#38 1 year ago

I like the sculpt and the lit up eyes, that goes a long way for me. This piece looks awesome but I agree about the size, smaller maybe better. I'm on the list and will find a spot for it regardless,I am currently using the super 7 piece with my paint and a simple wire mount, (see photo for size comparison) with the towers in place I've settled on this for placement although there are number spots you could attach to. As a subtle bonus, the piece bounces around a little too which draws the eyes to it.

IMG_20221127_130213383 (resized).jpgIMG_20221127_130213383 (resized).jpg
#39 1 year ago

The original size works for me.

#40 1 year ago

smaller, bigger = Im game for either. Put me on the list for when you get to your final design. Its very nice.. Stick with Quality..

#41 1 year ago

Please put me on the list for painted/lighted one. Thanks!

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Prototype of Mothra Mod - this is a custom modeled and 3d printed and hand painted mothra figure with light up eyes. Likely will be selling these in a few different versions.
with and without lighting - The eyes light up and can be connected to any playfield light using the Comet matrix system.
unpainted - for people who enjoy painting things and want to save some money
painted - for people who just want a finished mod ready to install
I'm still working out what the final price will be but I wanted to guage interest.
If you want to be added to the list just drop a message here and you'll be added to the potential buyer list on a first come first serve basis. When the final version is ready for production over over the next few weeks I will contact you to let you know at which point you can order or pass.
Production will be done in batches of 10. Currently thinking I will cap at 100 of these to allow time for other mods.
I have some other godzilla mods I want to do as well so stay tuned for those.
If you want to see any of the mods I did in the past for TMNT head over to my shop Reflex Mods -
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1428-reflex-mods[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! Exactly what I've been waiting for in a Mothra figure. Please add me to the list for a fully painted version!

1 week later
#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Prototype of Mothra Mod - this is a custom modeled and 3d printed and hand painted mothra figure with light up eyes. Likely will be selling these in a few different versions.
with and without lighting - The eyes light up and can be connected to any playfield light using the Comet matrix system.
unpainted - for people who enjoy painting things and want to save some money
painted - for people who just want a finished mod ready to install
I'm still working out what the final price will be but I wanted to guage interest.
If you want to be added to the list just drop a message here and you'll be added to the potential buyer list on a first come first serve basis. When the final version is ready for production over over the next few weeks I will contact you to let you know at which point you can order or pass.
Production will be done in batches of 10. Currently thinking I will cap at 100 of these to allow time for other mods.
I have some other godzilla mods I want to do as well so stay tuned for those.
If you want to see any of the mods I did in the past for TMNT head over to my shop Reflex Mods -
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1428-reflex-mods[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please add me to your list for a painted one. That's awesome

#44 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for a painted one.

#45 1 year ago

Interested in a smaller version, that replaces the original mothra plastic. Painted version with led eyes to suit an LE please.

#46 1 year ago

Put me in the list. Smaller one preferred , lighted and painted.

#47 1 year ago

I reworked the model to make it smaller - but still allow for enough space insider for the lighting and wiring. Will post some pictures once I get it painted and mounted. Stay tuned.

#48 1 year ago

Interested of smaller one which replaces the original plastic. Painted and lighted.

#49 1 year ago

Think I was like the 10th person in on this awesome Mothra mod, pending the price.

After seeing the smaller version,I'm in for the that one, lighted and painted please.

Thanks Josh.

#50 1 year ago

I will be in on one also, would like to see the new size and price first

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bentonville, AR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crown Point, IN
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.