007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread before, i don't wanna read through the entire thing..
but anyone who's played with Keith in tournaments, or knows him at all, knows that he is a fan of classics. I have no doubts that the guy can design a seriously fun and challenging classic-style layout, like no other. As far as anything beyond that, art, audio, animations, i can't say if that'll be good or not. But as a player first and foremost, i'll be damned if I won't be dying to play one of these.

That's the bitch of it, hardly any of us will likely get to play one.

3 months later
#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from Crazz2k:

Hi Pinsiders
I actually for fun re-edited the features trailer... to be more "feature" complete. Enjoy!!
https://vimeo.com/786042242

I'm suprised they didn't include "exclusive" sling plastics in the list.

#2703 1 year ago

The lack of Bond Girls on the Backglass is very dissapointing - so many classic ones they could choose from: Honey Rider, Pussy Galore, Solataire, Dr. Goodhead, Tatiana Romanova, Melina Havelock, Jynx, Vesper, Severiene, etc. etc. and we only get four - Christmas Jones, Elektra King, Kara Milovy and Teresa. There is what looks to be a straight-up photo clip of a boat chase over DC's shoulder that looks very oddly placed, why not some Bond Girls there instead? I'm sure everyone will say "licensor control" and may very well be correct but it still looks pretty crappy to me.

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why?
Go watch the movies if you want to see them. Better yet, don't buy this game, it doesn't seem like it's for you.
Pinball has been infected by weird ass ideas in the LCD era. Watching clips of films on the playfield while playing sounds incredibly pointless and distracting. The LCD is there presumably to put up instructions for people who can't sort out simple rules by themselves.

Then why put in an LCD at all, just go back to inserts and have them lead the player to the shots they need to hit, you'd prefer lines of text or something like the compass from the JJPPOTC apron? That's a lot of real estate to take up on the Playfield.

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I guess if you guys want video clips on every screen you'll have to go to the gas station, my local one blares ads the whole time you're at the pump, insufferable.

Almost a cargument!

#2851 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because people need their hand held now. Putting these new collectors in front of a game with just scoring numbers on the backbox, an instruction card, and some inserts makes them feel lost and adrift.
Someone in another thread told me he struggled to play Alien because we didn't include callouts constantly telling them what to shoot. That's pinball now.
The LCD screen is going to spoon feed you hints on what to shoot for I'm sure.
Edit: Video posted while I was typing
[quoted image]

It looks cheap and extremely under-produced. A line of inserts that pulse in the direction of the shots would do the same and look better while also maintaining a "retro" vibe.

#2855 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3249 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Ok now that would be hilarious if M and Q occasionally popped up on the screen to tell you to do stuff

Has anyone figured out what the shot that GG has never seen on a game before is? Wasn't that this game he was referring to?

#3339 1 year ago
Quoted from spspencer:

I'm more into Austin Powers. Yeah baby, groovy!

If only that game didn't suck so bad I'd own it for sure.

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can complain without being surprised!
Most of the complainers about the game itself already knew it was gonna be obscenely priced and not have ramps or upper playfields, but they are still complaining about it!

But not obscenely ugly.

#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't disagree, but also I bet the Bond 60th was also the largest BOM ever.

I'm not sure on cost either. I'd like to ask George or Keith sometime and maybe get a little more clarity on that. As far as more going on underneath, I suppose its possible but I kinda doubt that too. What more could it need? Maybe a small PCB of some sort? I'm pretty sure Bond is the first pro with an opto spinner though although I could be wrong (feel free to correct me). Before this it was Beatles and Zep premium right? Are there any other games that have used them so far other than Zep, beatles, bond, and bond 60?
Edit- looking at pics of rush it looks like it may use an opto spinner as well. Maybe the opto spinners are the new norm going forward? I'll take a closer look next time I'm playing one in person

Yes, it needs a small PCB with some resistors, a mosfet and a diode so it converts the opto signal to the switch matrix. How that compares to the cost of a simple micro-switch with a diode on it I don't know but consider that Stern has been using opto(s) with board for the drop target / drop target bank on many games for a while (even pre-spike). Obviously this is different than a spinner but when I saw this on my GOTG (pro) drop I wondered why they would do that instead of just using a single leaf switch. Based on this I can't believe cost is THAT much more for the opto setup.

#3853 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Topper is fantastically underdeveloped. Artwork ( sorry Doug!) looks like the licensor gave up but hat spinner looks adequate.
Price is pure, unadulterated, insults. I grew up with Bond. Love the franchise. Even at 8 grand I’d be scratching my head.
Question: what shot has ‘never been done’ according to Gomez?

I brought up the "never been done" question a couple pages ago - the best guess is the ribbon loop in the top left corner but multiple people pointed out that HAS been done before, I just wondered if there is some way this one is bi-directional and that makes it unique? Otherwise

#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is it bi directional?

Maybe the wrong term but I meant you can hit it where the ball enters at the top left, circles around and comes down to the left flipper through that ball guide or you can possibly shoot it from the very tip of the right flipper where it would go up that ball guide and around in the opposite direction? You know I hate Diamond Lady and have blocked any gameplay of that from my brain so I don't remember how it works on that game.

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is it bi directional?
Oh wait. I see now. Yes. The fact that you can shoot the left spinner and it goes through this shot as well, it’s different than diamond lady and bad girls.
I’m sure this is the shot Gomez is speaking of.

That's the $10K shot!! Had to bring pricing back into the discussion just to make sure CrazyLevi has something to mention.

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Bi goes both ways
[quoted image]

Thank you for the graphic art skills I lack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

14,113 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.