007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 145.
#2251 1 year ago

New games used to cost less than used games not too long ago. I think it’s just the wrong direction from Stern and I love Stern. It makes me cringe a bit to think about the customer base they’re targeting with these type of releases.

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Damn bank thought a 20k transaction for a pin was a scam.

It was.

#2253 1 year ago

Wanted: 007 SLE playfield. Just just the wood. I’ll just build my own retro bond with blackjack and hookers. And you know what, forget the blackjack.

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:Quite a few do, but either way I did not say I expect it to add to the gameplay, but does it do anything to add to the spectacle? I am guessing the lights turn red to mimic the Bond opening sequence animation, but I am curious if there might be anything more interesting than that. Normally there is at least one gimmick to a topper that gets highlighted when it is revealed - here they show nothing, not even the lights.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

I like the armor and the topper. The backglass is... busy.
Someone needs to do a poll... at equal price which would you prefer... Gomez Bond LE or Elwin Bond 60th?

I don’t think there is any special gimmick to the topper pretty sure Gomez mentioned this topper being available to purchase and isn’t expensive like Mando.

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wanted: 007 SLE playfield. Just just the wood. I’ll just build my own retro bond with blackjack and hookers. And you know what, forget the blackjack.

How dare you. Get back to coding Rick and Morty.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t think there is any special gimmick to the topper pretty sure Gomez mentioned this topper being available to purchase and isn’t expensive like Mando.

It will be interesting to see what Stern considers "inexpensive"...

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It will be interesting to see what Stern considers "inexpensive"...

Also, consider what Stern things is inexpensive for that they consider "pinball suckers"

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know he mentioned a lot of rgb’s in a topper and I’m not sure if he was talking about this one or one for the cornerstone (I’m hoping it’s not the same topper or I’ll need to keep them in separate rooms )

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

Looks like Centaur in the middle and right.

Yes it does. Centaur is the first game that came to mind when I saw this new layout. Even with the ball guide behind the drops on the left side.

#2260 1 year ago

According to the flyer, the topper is included.

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its hardly the same comparison though - you do release that?

How so?

Both have cliched screens on the playfields, tired mechs like the Oddjob hat (AIQ would like to have a word) and a carnival wheel (Whirlwind would also like to have a word), and are evident by the art package and lack of interesting mechs that the licensors were really sucky to deal with.

But sure, you all keep throwing money at these themes and licenses.

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I know he mentioned a lot of rgb’s in a topper and I’m not sure if he was talking about this one or one for the cornerstone (I’m hoping it’s not the same topper or I’ll need to keep them in separate rooms )

He mentioned they were the same and the topper would change colors to match the mode colors. So nothing crazy.

#2263 1 year ago

Thanks for the hysterical laughter today. You've made my day.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

He mentioned they were the same and the topper would change colors to match the mode colors. So nothing crazy.

Shit, that's $3,000 in Stern philosophy for market value..

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

How so?
Both have cliched screens on the playfields, tired mechs like the Oddjob hat (AIQ would like to have a word) and a carnival wheel (Whirlwind would also like to have a word), and are evident by the art package and lack of interesting mechs that the licensors were really sucky to deal with.
But sure, you all keep throwing money at these themes and licenses.

I’m assuming the main difference is that they are producing 10x as many TS4’s (along with all the other differences between the two). Don’t get me wrong, I’d kinda like a TS4 at some point

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure what you want me
To say. Game looks like it’ll be awesome to play. Price is ridiculous.
Like you said yourself, exactly what we all expected.
I know of at least two sold within a mile of me so I’ll be able to play it soon. Can’t wait!

Just wanted you to chime in.

Bubble burst or prices keep going up?

#2267 1 year ago

It's over. next.

#2268 1 year ago

Stern's features video:

FEATURES?
-optical spinners
- drop targets
-video screen
- spinning hat

Does this sound creative? ZERO engineering or toys, all (OLD) pinball parts off the shelf. $20K!! WOW.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Stern's features video:
FEATURES?
-optical spinners
- drop targets
-video screen
- spinning hat
Does this sound creative? ZERO engineering or toys, all (OLD) pinball parts off the shelf. WOW.

They didn't say they were innovative features...

#2270 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just wanted you to chime in.
Bubble burst or prices keep going up?

Nothing I've seen in the first three days of the year has me thinking there will be a bubble burst in 2023.

But I'm gonna need a full "Will the bubble burst in 2023?!???" thread to make up my mind for sure!

#2271 1 year ago

Hi Pinsiders

I actually for fun re-edited the features trailer... to be more "feature" complete. Enjoy!!

https://vimeo.com/786042242

#2272 1 year ago

Could it possibly be time for you all to create a ‘shit on Bond 60th’ thread yet? Asking for a friend…

#2273 1 year ago
Quoted from Crazz2k:

Hi Pinsiders
I actually for fun re-edited the features trailer... to be more "feature" complete. Enjoy!!

Lol, the little ending you did is great.

#2274 1 year ago

We realize the game is not for everyone. That being said, if you are looking to purchase a Bond 60th Anniversary SLE we have a few remaining at Sterns website pricing (now sold out).

FYI. We never upcharge our customers for surcharges for credit card payments, but do offer 2% discount for payment by cash, check or wire transfer. On a big purchase such as this that’s a pretty big savings that can definitely help offset shipping costs.

Contact me via PM or call our store at 972-488-9622 to order yours today.

#2275 1 year ago

Only reason it's priced this way is cause they can get away with it cause of the big money collector whales that are in the hobby. It's unfortunate when the normal pins for Bond have tons more value in the package, and this is just expensive for the sake of being expensive and "limited". Nothing about this justifies the price other than "because we can get away with it". And the collectors eat it up, so it just emboldens them to keep doing this stuff.

#2276 1 year ago

When are these expected to start shipping, or is that still unknown?

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

They didn't say they were innovative features...

Heaven forbid!! The most expensive pin in history, ZERO innovation or creativity. Not even close. The most expensive should be the most creative and exciting, no?

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Heaven forbid!! The most expensive pin in history, ZERO innovation or creativity. Not even close. The most expensive should be the most creative and exciting, no?

The game looks creative and exciting to me.

"Innovation" is a pointless buzzword in pinball.

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from Crazz2k:

Hi Pinsiders

Excellent!

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

When are these expected to start shipping, or is that still unknown?

Late Jan/Early February

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The shame of this whole thing is the price. The game as others have said looks pretty neat. At $10k - $12k there would likely be a lot more people buying this game. It's not often we get a new game that incorporates classic and modern hardware features.

When you cut the price by almost 50% in your example and it still sounds like it's too much for what you get then someone has to give their heads a shake! Just because you have money does not automatically make you stupid!

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I’m assuming the main difference is that they are producing 10x as many TS4’s (along with all the other differences between the two). Don’t get me wrong, I’d kinda like a TS4 at some point

So what? My point was that people pay for licenses even if it is to the point of madness. Doesn't matter if they make 5,000 or 5.

#2283 1 year ago

Well, I was collecting Upper Deck sports cards a few years ago and this is just the same they did with hockey and basketball. Hockey The Cup cards 1 pack of 5 cards for $500 and the same with Exquisite Basketball. Limited numbers and scarcity that's all. Doesn’t cost much to produce but command huge prices. If this is what pinball has become for new titles in the future I'll keep what I have and move again to a new hobby with more sanity until upper deck guys gets that one too.

#2284 1 year ago

I just saw the playfield has Jaws. I love that character, and I like the noise that Stern insider makes when it connects so Im in.

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Creative how? Please tell me.

Aren't you one of the guys that trashes the GNR layout with the spinning disc below the Slash hat? And that's not "creative" but this POS is?

New layouts should be creative in EVERY game.. stern has made us accept the same old fan layout with a small change for a decade now. Now because there is a little different layout, it's worth $20K?

If you are thinking this is anything more than a joke for $20K, you're part of the problem.

What is my main takeaway here? This is SADNESS on how our hobby has progressed... it hasn't progressed into amazing technology, art, code, and fun, but has progressed purely into cash grabbing.

CASH GRABBING. This is where my beloved pinball hobby is. And if I say the obvious about the pricing, there's the defenders of the ridiculous or those that want to trash me because to them they think saying it's a good price will somehow make them respected as being rich (or something?).

#2286 1 year ago

I'm getting strong Stern Heavy Metal vibes from this pin. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/heavy-metal They only made 1/3rd of the planned 300 pin limited edition run. It was a reskinned Spiderman Home edition with good art and a bigger LCD for a Premium + price. I see Stern selling 200 of these 60ths and most of those years down the line.

Don't get me wrong, I think the people who got Heavy Metal were the die hards and were thrilled, and I'm sure the Bond 60th buyers will be the same.

#2287 1 year ago

Ha I guess that settles that one

1A1525EB-4C81-485B-8E41-E109ADF7175B (resized).jpeg1A1525EB-4C81-485B-8E41-E109ADF7175B (resized).jpeg
#2288 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I guess that settles that one
[quoted image]

… but those look like plastic, they should be platinum

#2289 1 year ago

Honest I was trying not to be hater on Pinside, these games are made by passionate people and they work hard… etc.

Stern just makes it so much fun to be a hater.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

New layouts should be creative in EVERY game.. stern has made us accept the same old fan layout with a small change for a decade now. Now because there is a little different layout, it's worth $20K?
If you are thinking this is anything more than a joke for $20K, you're part of the problem.
What is my main takeaway here? This is SADNESS on how our hobby has progressed... it hasn't progressed into amazing technology, art, code, and fun, but has progressed purely into cash grabbing.
CASH GRABBING. This is where my beloved pinball hobby is. And if I say the obvious about the pricing, there's the defenders of the ridiculous or those that want to trash me because to them they think saying it's a good price will somehow make them respected as being rich (or something?).

We all thought we wanted innovation. Do you know what the most innovative pin I've seen in my (almost) 5 years in this hobby was? Haloween/Ultraman... the possibly worst received pin of the last decade.

20k for this is outrageous (and I don't think they'll sell them all) but for the right buyer, I said it earlier that I'd be in on this for 5,499 and I'd move a pin to do it. But for $20,000 I like the majority of this thread am out. I dropped almost as much with Multimorphic, but that was for a base P3, Weird Al Limited Edition, Heist, and Cosmic Cart racing so I have no room to begrudge people their new pin. The people buying this pin for themselves will be very satisfied. I'd much rather have the entire Bally/Williams class of 81 at this price, but to each their own.

As for the pricing in general... 99% of the general public would think we were nuts paying $4999 for a Godzilla LE. Would it be worth that much to me? Absolutely? But for most people... hard pass.

#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Aren't you one of the guys that trashes the GNR layout with the spinning disc below the Slash hat? .

I've never trashed GNR's playfield here, ever. Nice try though!

Quoted from Cobray:

There's not an answer I could possibly give you that would make you happy.

Playfield looks awesome, it's designed by someone who isn't only one of the best in the biz (GOAT player, longtime operator who knows what the coin box likes, and proven great designer) but has a HUGE appreciation for the classic 70s games that I and many others love, and that just seeps through in this playfield design.

Please buy me one.

#2292 1 year ago

Anyone else surprised that it is 'only' 20k ?

I thought beforehand 25 or even 27 something like.

I really like the layout a lot, it looks like it'll be a great, smooth playing machine.

For me anyway its difficult to judge the art package until I can see it in person, to get a sense of the colours and details. I'm also anxious to hear what songs are included and what if any call outs are incorporated. There could really be some great ones with this franchise.

I can't wait to get my hands on one, I'm anticipating a good time.

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

Lol, the little ending you did is great.

Thanks so much

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

Anyone else surprised that it is 'only' 20k ?

Only?

There is literally nothing about this machine that justifies even a 10k price tag. Would still be overpriced by 25% or more.

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Aren't you one of the guys that trashes the GNR layout with the spinning disc below the Slash hat? And that's not "creative" but this POS is?

You keep using the word “worth” like it means something here. There’s no dollar value to pinball asset or enjoyment conversion. If you like it and can afford it buy it, if not don’t buy it.

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Wow, I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on this. For me, personally, the playfield looks uninspired. Could never justify $20K plus shipping/taxes on this one. Art package is meh as well

This could be the Stern “Jump the Shark” release. It was bound to happen sometime. We already had a topper one.

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Only?
There is literally nothing about this machine that justifies even a 10k price tag. Would still be overpriced by 25% or more.

Maybe but that is the price it would be. Right there with TNA pricing but with 10 times the interest.

#2298 1 year ago

Anyone know if there is a gameplay video coming for this with Keith and Jack Danger?

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So does the Beatles game many of us like a lot.

It’s just pinball, great theme however

#2300 1 year ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

We have availability at $19,999 at Gameroom Goodies.
855-987-4263

I've had good experience with Gameroom Goodies. If I wanted one I wouldn't hesitate..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.