You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

roadshow_playfield.jpg
catfight-poster.jpg
michaelscott.jpg
nike-child-labor.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#51 10 years ago

99% of the frustration that people are directing at Rick should be directed at WMS. IP infringement is a major issue and seeing how companies like Apple have gone ahead and patented crap that they had no hand in inventing, companies are now very proactive in protecting their IP. It's how business works these days, unfortunately.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Sorry, just bull shit. You can modify what ever you like on what ever you buy. As long you dont sell it.
Look at the games industry!

You don't technically own most video games that you buy. You own a license to play them. Legally, games are a service, not a product. You don't always have the right to alter it and distribute it without blessing from the IP holder.

#55 10 years ago

You dont need blessing to modify a game and play at home. Thats just plain nonsense.
Pc gaming would not be alife as it is today without the modding communities. Many large gamehouses bring out offical mod tools.
Cause they know the community is not their enemy. But their friend. It well sell them games and make their costumers more happy.

Publishers don't enforce their right to stop you from modding the content because it would be business suicide. But by letter of the law, you don't have that right.

#68 10 years ago

No because they cant.
I f i buy a game and i want to have 5 lives instead of 3, and i got the skills to change it. There is nothing a company will and can do.
Yeah..... In bad movies maybe.

Their ability does not alter law. Just because you don't LIKE something, it doesn't change the reality of the situation. Nobody is going to come after you for doing it for your own enjoyment. They generally won't come after you for giving it away either. But try selling it and you're screwed. Heck, you can give it away freely , but if you are generating ad revenue from the site giving out the code, you're in trouble.

I wish that this old code could be modded and distributed. The fact is, WMS still makes money on that code via The Pinball Arcade and other licensing, so they need to protect their claims to it.

#155 10 years ago

Everybody is free to buy or not buy what they want. Everybody is free to have their reasons for choosing which directions to go. I just think it's a bit unfair to tell someone what they should be doing with their IP.

Do I wish that old ROMs of NES/SNES/Genesis/etc. were 100% legal download and keep? Sure! Does that mean that I think that Nintendo and Sega are wrong in protecting their rights to stop the passing out of those ROMs? No.

If I ever end up creating a product (I'm actually writing a novel), I really hope that people would respect my right to sell and not reproduce it and distribute it.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Rick, you're so full of shit.
You're doing this for the money and ONLY the money.
Get real!

Nobody would choose pinball if it was ONLY for the money. There's not enough there...

#164 10 years ago

This thread is a good example of why law is followed to the letter, not by emotion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-cancelled-my-mmr-order?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.