Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

roadshow_playfield.jpg
catfight-poster.jpg
michaelscott.jpg
nike-child-labor.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You see Tiki, like a climate change denier who hires that one scientist to refute the claims of the global scientific community...you put two posts together that you think prove some kind of point. But don't. Those two posts are not contradictory...not in and of themselves and certainly not within the context of Gambit's original "holier than thou" post and my response to it. You may very well know, but are muddying the waters because that's a tactic frequently leveraged by people like yourself. Or, you don't know, which isn't surprising, because reading comprehension is a challenge for many people.
Keep making specious claims, while Gambit continues to deliver judgements from on high and making business decisions about people whose "tone" he doesn't appreciate on a public forum.

Knock it off, Nelson, Stop with your crusades. I left RGP to get way from your crap. Now your starting it up again over here.

#152 10 years ago

You better watch out Rick's going to PM you and threaten legal action because of your Opinion OP! Teekee they'll sell some units for sure, 2000 I don't know about that. A good friend of mine is hyped to get one, he's from the Wayne order from years ago!! Seems like the pinball community is capricious when it comes to reproducing games from 15 years ago. Rick good luck with the build and sales.

#153 10 years ago

Definitely great for the hobby......also, will help pin prices (putting a cap on the older titles which were running to beyond ridiculous levels in my opinion). Allows everyone to enjoy a MM, MB, CC, etc. which is a GREAT THING.

To see the effect will on overall prices. Everyone needs to order a 2014 pinball price guide (remember prices were compiled for this guide from late 2012 through the middle of 2013 even though it says 2014 price guide). Keep that one and compare it when the 2015 price guide comes out.....2013 will go down as the peak (just look at the trend up to the 2014 guide). The remakes helped this as well as many other factors and this is GREAT FOR THE HOBBY.

My only point is the "new norm" for pinball machines NIB should be no different then the "old norm" for Cars, Boats, etc.....you open the box you lose 10-15 percent of the value. IMHO, that would stop so much of the speculation that really started after TRON LE and BIBLE and that was really bad for the hobby. I know people who sold METLE's before they even took delivery for a profit !!! How is that good for the hobby.......that is exactly why I stay away from NIB PINS (well, I also don't buy new cars....LOL....same concept.....rather buy one a few years old "lightly used" or buy a new boat (that is even crazier in my opinion).

However, REMAKES ARE GREAT for the hobby !!! PERIOD.....my issue is with the "speculation" and that was started by BIBLE and TRON LE and truly we are all to blame for paying up for those titles. Some buyers are hoping they hit that homerun and make a few thousand quickly and how can that ever be good for the hobby.....pinball machines are becoming the next agricultural futures market....maybe we can start to trade "pinball futures" !!!! LOL !!!!

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

like a climate change denier who hires that one scientist to refute the claims of the global scientific community...

humorous those guys stopped calling it "global warming" when that became an embarrassing "inconvenient untruth."

btw, that idiot Pythagoras was the only one that refuted the earth was flat as well.... what a fool!

ALL Flat-earthers/Global Warming folks- please feel free to check in with a Thumbs-down! All are welcome!

#155 10 years ago

Everybody is free to buy or not buy what they want. Everybody is free to have their reasons for choosing which directions to go. I just think it's a bit unfair to tell someone what they should be doing with their IP.

Do I wish that old ROMs of NES/SNES/Genesis/etc. were 100% legal download and keep? Sure! Does that mean that I think that Nintendo and Sega are wrong in protecting their rights to stop the passing out of those ROMs? No.

If I ever end up creating a product (I'm actually writing a novel), I really hope that people would respect my right to sell and not reproduce it and distribute it.

#156 10 years ago

I see constant talk about "the hobby" and how this company and that company don't care about "the hobby" or that they somehow owe "the hobby" an explanation or how this person and that person feels slighted by a company because they don't agree with what a particular company does if it doesn't meet the criteria set in their mind as to what is good for "the hobby".

WMS, PPS, Stern, JJP, etc are in "The Business" and that business is manufacturing and selling pinball games and pinball related items. They are all BUSINESSES in a BUSINESS that centers around coin-operated amusement devices. These companies are not hobbyists.

You people are all hobbyists, and your hobby just happens to be collecting pinball machines (and hopefully playing them and having fun) that these businesses make. WMS does what it feels is best for their BUSINESS and their associated IPs, PPS does what is best for their business and to respect and abide by whatever terms are dictated to them by their licencor which they make money from by manufacturing and selling parts and now machines. They don't really owe you an explanation and they don't have to conduct their business the way you think they should. Yes they want to make the customer happy and they want you to buy their products but "the hobby" is only one part of their target audience and it wasn't until recent times that the hobby part was more than a little drop in the bucket and if history has proven anything in the past 15 or so years I've followed the hobby side of pinball, it is that the hobbyists are never happy and will always find something to complain about. And you can't fault any company who has invested millions upon millions of dollars over countless years for protecting their intellectual properties. It is will within their rights to do what they please with them.

#157 10 years ago

As for global warming........bring it on......it is FREEZING TODAY !!!! This has been a brutally cold winter so I sure don't see any evidence of global warming this winter. More like global freezing !!!

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

You better watch out Rick's going to PM you and threaten legal action because of your Opinion OP!

I guess we don't have the right to an opinion anymore? An opinion I found to be very VALID, and a clearly written post. He even put in a disclaimer as to not offend the punch drinking MMR followers... Here is another opinion for you.....I'm glad I jumped ship on the MMR now as well. After seeing Rick pounce on this thread with the blatantly obvious hostility I thought to myself, "Whew, looks like I dodged a bullet on that bad purchase"

Blatantly - disagreeably loud or boisterous

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

As for global warming........bring it on......it is FREEZING TODAY !!!! This has been a brutally cold winter so I sure don't see any evidence of global warming this winter. More like global freezing !!!

NO, that's the 70's version of global weather there.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i can always stop working on this if people would prefer that ... then nothing would move forward.

Rick, you're so full of shit.

You're doing this for the money and ONLY the money.

Get real!

Post edited by gweempose : Ban warning given for attacking another Pinsider.

#161 10 years ago

You know what I love about pinside.....the same people can follow you around and thumb down all your posts and that is not considered "trolling". Too funny and it amuses me rather then bothers me. I have always advocated for a THUMBS DOWN leader so my "fans" could help me consistently win that category. I still want a Thumbs Down category.....LOL !!! Please someone make that happen.....for some of these guys I could say I LOVE THE USA (which I do) and I would get a thumbs down !!!! Too funny.

Lets see how many thumbs down I can get on this post.....come on guys lets try to set a record !!!!

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Get real!

Nobody would choose pinball if it was ONLY for the money. There's not enough there...

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Get real!

Soooo....as a business owner, what should Rick be doing? Losing money? I don't get it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#164 10 years ago

This thread is a good example of why law is followed to the letter, not by emotion.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Soooo....as a business owner, what should Rick be doing? Losing money? I don't get it.

Walking away from a $8 million dollar project, yes.

Rick acts as if he doesn't need the money and that he's doing you guys a favor instead.

Yeah, major BS!

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Rick act as if he doesn't need the money and that he's doing you guys a favor instead.
Yeah, major BS!

I don't think Rick was suggesting he'd walk away from MMr. He was suggesting walking away from doing the code updates (as discussed in his other thread soliciting requests). Not defending the threat to take his ball and go home, but it's hard to imagine the code update project for old machines being a huge money maker.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Rick act as if he doesn't need the money and that he's doing you guys a favor instead.
Yeah, major BS!

Can't he be doing both?

1. He's running a business - goal of which is profit.
2. He's making brand new MM for $8k, which previously could only be purchased from flippers for $15-20k in "new" condition. As someone who'd like to have a MM - I consider that a favor

He's not going to walk away from it...I don't see how anyone could have taken that seriously. He was just making a point. MMr or no MMr - despite all the opinions - which is preferable? The answer: MMr

#168 10 years ago

Well this stayed peaceful. I will just hump the fence on this topic.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't get it.

We know...

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Derp derp derp

Oh look, I can do things that make things out of context, too.

#171 10 years ago

Too bad this thread didn't go something like this:

I'm pulling out of MMR. Not because of money, but because I don't want it any more.

Hope everyone receiving one loves their game...it's probably going to rock.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can't he be doing both?
He's not going to walk away from it...I don't see how anyone could have taken that seriously. He was just making a point.

You don't make petty threats a group of individuals that just gave you $8 million dollars, joking or not.

Purely unethical in my book. I'll call a spade a spade any day and don't care about ban votes for doing so.

Defend him all you want.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Get real!
Post edited by gweempose : Ban warning given for attacking another Pinsider.

Mike ... i don't need the money ... I worked 30 years in high tech and did just fine there ... I do it because I want to do it ...

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i can always stop working on this if people would prefer that ... then nothing would move forward.

I have nothing to gain here, no MMR on order or anything; but I will say this: I would be very cautious dropping $8000 on something knowing this attitude is present.

I wish you, JJP, Stern, and everyone else nothing but success - but you can't show this kind of emotion. This does nothing but damage your reputation and instill a sense of instability to your customers and potential customers.

Let the naysayers talk smack. Show them up with your product.

#175 10 years ago

There is too much failed logic, selective double standards and contradicting statements made by a minority few in this thread to either quote or dissect, so I will digress and simply say that if you are in business you better have 1) Thick Skin 2) Common Sense and 3) An Open Mind. The fact that there is such an arrogant stance on anything remotely paradigm shifting, to me, is mind-boggling. Free market has a way of sorting these problems out on its own. You cant burn the candle at both ends.

#176 10 years ago

But, why cant he just want to do it and make some money too?

What is wrong with that? We all win!

Come on!

#177 10 years ago

The overall negativity in this thread is so overwhelming I'm simply closing it rather than giving ban warnings to four respected Pinsiders. Remember, the number one rule on this site is to be nice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-cancelled-my-mmr-order/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.